Brazil - official thread

PMLF

The national team can only be helped if there is psychological work since youth level, unlikely to happen though.

And if Brazil lose 2018 too, the whole drama that there was after 1970 and before 1994 will return, which will only increase pressure.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the psychological support is already happening in places like Cotia, but the results are not there either. Lucas Moura have shown that this is not sufficient. :D

And if you're right about the pressure after 2018, only if we have another Romário, things will get better.

How is Bruno Gomes doing in Brazil?

He had a tour around at Manchester United a few years ago when SAF was in charge and it looked as though a deal was going to be done there but it never happened.

He is not playing at senior level, he hasn't done anything special at Internacional's youth team either.

I remember reading about him at the time of the interest from United and he had a pretty impressive youth record back then iirc.

How old is he now? 18/19?

Do you think he has a bright future etc? Brazil caps in the future?

He is about 18, I think he stagnated, might become an above average player but likely not a player to get called up (not often at least).

How many players are going to be culled from the shake up that is to come?

Probably between half and 2/3 by 2018, less so in the near future.

It's not like Brazil have tons of options that could make a big difference.

There's one thing in that article that puzzled me:

Scolari, meanwhile, insisted any decision on his future would be down to the Brazilian FA

PMLF, I seem to recall you once - probably 4 years ago - explained that Brazilian national managers are always appointed for one WC cycle only. As such, isn't Scolari's contract up despite only being appointed 2 years ago?

There's one thing in that article that puzzeld me:

PMLF, I seem to recall you once - probably 4 years ago - explained that Brazilian national managers are always appointed for one WC cycle only. As such, isn't Scolari's contract up despite only being appointed 2 years ago?

Yes, same thing. But Scolari is in the same 2010-2014 cycle, so his contract ends with the World Cup.

CBF said he could stay longer, but it seems they said that mainly to test public reaction. It's far more likely Scolari leaves than that he renews his contract (which would be needed if he is to stay).

Luiz Felipe Scolari has officially resigned and is not Brazil's manager anymore.

He was going to leave anyway as his contract was ending.

Archived