Pure insanity!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you also do a tactic against much weaker teams where my team is set to full attack?

V3 already has pretty good attacking potential and further attempts to make it more “attacking” can have opposite effect. It can harm system how defense work and as result you will have less possession and total less attack and your opponent more attack.

I think v1 was better than v2 & v3.

With v2 & v3 I'm having much more ball possession but far fewer chances and goals..

Dave, I find that V3 has much better balance between chance to score and chance to concede than all previous versions and on “long road” game play it will be more beneficial for final result.

In order to win matches you don’t need to score 3 or 5 goals you need to score exactly one goal more than your opponent. :)

Dave, I find that V3 has much better balance between chance to score and chance to concede than all previous versions and on “long road” game play it will be more beneficial for final result.

In order to win matches you don’t need to score 3 or 5 goals you need to score exactly one goal more than your opponent. :)

I'm the richest club in the game with world class players though, so for me personally, the more attacking the better. I've gone back to v2. Scores much more.

EDIT: You have so many tactics that you update so often might be worth stating which ones work better with big/small teams so we can chose for ourselves?

Used the v1 A & B tactics for the first half of the season then switched to v2 after the winter break.

Had a very successful season:

Capture_zpse1bb7428.png

Also had my second unbeaten campaign in 3 seasons:

Capture2_zps991bb49a.png

League stats:

97_zps4641a042.png

My striker wasn't far off a goal a game in all comps and was the league top scorer despite making only 24 starts:

Capture4_zps90a5c4a1.png

My shadow striker chipped in with a few goals too:

55_zpsca5288dc.png

...and the icing on the cake:

Capture3_zpsa31e2e9a.png

THE best tactics for FM14 by a mile.

was using version 1 of your tactic so so results, use v3 starts off slow including getting demolished by Man United at Old Trafford 6-2 luckily for me those two goals came in handy cause three weeks later in game I beat them 5-1 at home lol, im gonna take that as a good sign...ill prolly finish this season in a few hours ill let you know how it goes....are their any PPM I should be training my DLF to do, Werner and my back-up striker arent exactly doing great Werner had 22 in 29 as a 18 year old on your "Cross Tactics" but hes struggling a little

Hey there,

just wanted to give an update. Played one season with your V3 Tactic using my BVB-Squad.

First of all, it was a very sucessfull season. I won the League and the Champions-League (somehow managed to win 4-2 in penalty shoot-out against chelsea :p), made it to the semi-final in the national cup. I managed to score 96 goals in the league and conceded 36 - a slightly worse result than with V1, but not a real difference, still great! :)

I have to say that my Striker - Lewandowski - wasn't really working with V3.. 33 League Games, just 16 Goals :/

Table at the end of the season - yeah you see right, thats Augsburg at the second spot.. i don't know how they managed to get this spot, Bayern bought Bale and Suarez for 80 Mio :lol:

F009F94460B0BF4FDCBB55E6793AC2E17BBDC1BF

Goal Analysis - you see that many assists came from the wing

5B70578349EADC822E8A7A602B979BAD5855B6B2

Also, my most common assist area for goals AGAINST me was my left wing, the wing-back side in your tactic (25% off the assists came from there). Maybe it's worth considering to move the wing-back back to full-back?

I hope it helped and you keep on making great tactics! :)

Cheers,

Middi

I normally stick to my own tactics, but I was getting a bit bored of FM2014 so I thought I'd see what kind of things other people were running. Pure Insanity caught my eye because asymmetrical tactic! Different from my normal teams, so worth a shot.

I've played one season with Spurs using V1, and impressed with the tactic. Spurs won the league by 17 points, won the FA Cup beating Chelsea 2-1 in the final, won the Europa League beating Fiorentina 4-2 in the final. Only failure was the League Cup, I played a weakened lineup in the early rounds away to Chelsea and lost.

Didnt make any signings that really improved the team. Signed a backup left back for cover and signed a couple of strikers (one of them on loan) as cover after I sold Adebayor. I got sick of seeing "looks disinterested" beside Adebayor's name, so he got a cut-price move at the transfer deadline. The two strikers I brought in didnt help much, end of the season one of them had 0 goals in 6 games and got sold to Wolves, the other had 3 goals in 16 games (mostly as a sub) and was allowed to return to his parent team. I was really lucky Soldado went the whole season without an injury.

There were a couple of games where everything went wrong, particularly with the "B" tactic (a 0-4 at Man Utd, a 0-3 at Swansea that could have been worse, a 1-3 at Crystal Palace) but generally the tactic was dominant, and played good looking football too. So well done, two thumbs up, would recommend, etc.

1hfts3.jpg

*Pure Insanity (Overload)*

Download the tactic - http://www.mediafire.com/download/41revqadgcepoe0/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Overload)_V1.tac

Overload.jpg

My experience tells me that this tactic can be very useful in some cases and I decided to upload it.

When to use it? Let’s say you are down by 2 goals after 1st half and even draw in this match is unacceptable results for you then go for this tactic. There’re many other cases this tactic can be used but you should weigh up all pros and cons if you are going for it.

*IMPORTANT* - It recommend that: DCL - left footed, DCR - right footed, ML - left footed, MR – right footed.

So well done, two thumbs up, would recommend, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, mate! :thup:

WASTE TIME TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V4

There’re a lot of changes: Formation, Duties, PIs, D-line.

Overall VERY solid improvements for Defense and Possession.

Download Waste Time V4 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5uog82safqhibhv/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Waste_Time)_V(4).tac

*REMINDER* - Guide when and how to use Waste Time Tactic you can find at "Tips" section at opening post.

P.S. Wisely use of this tactic can greatly improve your results.

Guys, redownload Waste Time Tactic because I've just noticed that I uploaded version without changes to GK delivery method.

I've corrected and updated all download links.

Helllo, can you please upload V1 to somewhere... I think V1's of your all tactics are the best :)

Here's more attacking version of the base tactic. I think it can be very useful in many cases.

Yes, this version has stronger attack but the same time your chance to concede on counter is also increased. When to use it? You decide!

I think it will be optimal choice to have these 3 tactics in your tactical slots.

1) Base V3.

2) Time Waste.

3) This attacking version.

Download the attacking version – http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb9ity3hnvjvs8x/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Attack)_V1.tac

Mirror version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/gsvgqyngntb6ved/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Attack_Mirror)_V1.tac

Attack.jpg

P.S. I can tell how I play maybe it could be helpful. Usually I play 1st half using Base V3 and after 1st half result I decide what to do, go for Waste Time or Attacking version also sometimes I can wait a little bit longer for 60 min of the match and then decide what to do.

Is the overload tactic more attacking than the new attacking tactic in the above post?

Hard to tell, I find them more or less equal and maybe “Attacking” version is bit more attacking than “Overload”.

But “Attacking” version has one great advantage over “Overload” it has almost similar formation and you can use same players fro it and this why I think it’s better to have “Attacking” version in your arsenal than “Overload”.

Can you explain please why the attacking version has a mentality of standard? Why not attacking?

This is what actually happens when you chose Attacking mentality:

1) All players have their mentality a bit increased.

2) Counter Attack – off.

3) Tempo a bit increased.

4) D-Line a bit increased.

5) Width is a bit increased.

But I find It inefficient if some positions in this tactic have their mentality increased because it harm build-up play and defense.

If I want to increase mentality for some positions I can do it by PI’s and this is done for many positions.

Also If I want changes for Tempo, D-Line, Width I can do by TI’s and this also is done.

Also I want Counter Attacks – on.

So if you see that TM for this tactic Standard it tells almost nothing how defense or attacking this tactic because there’re a lot of PIs and TIs which modified everything.

Was 1 game away from going 2 league seasons unbeaten using Pure Insanity (see post #67 for my results last season). This time I used V2 and the latest attack and time waste tactic when needed.

I lost the last league game of the season 2-0 away at Augsburg, but again scored over 100 and equalled my best defensive record of just 11 conceded.

Capture1_zps7be69323.png

The defeat at Augsburg and a 4-0 loss away at Barcelona in the CL (which eliminated us at the QF stage) were my only losses in all competitions all season.

Capture_zps5f47a5b5.png

My strikers goal tally was slightly down on previous seasons, but he was still the leagues top scorer with 22:

Capture55_zpse993c55d.png

My MC was my player with the highest average rating, scoring an 7.97 in all comps:

Capture2_zps8aaa0940.png

My DR scored the highest average rating in the league with an 8.06 and also won the Ballon d 'Or! Never had a DR be named best player in the world before and shows how important a good DR & DL are in these tactics.

e_zps2635deab.png

Personally I found V2 worked best when set to control. If I left it on standard, the opposition had more chances.

Great tactics. Thanks again.

Was 1 game away from going 2 league seasons unbeaten using Pure Insanity (see post #67 for my results last season). This time I used V2 and the latest attack and time waste tactic when needed.

Thanks for the report, Dave!

4-0 loss away at Barcelona in the CL (which eliminated us at the QF stage) were my only losses in all competitions all season.

I added this to opening post and I think It can be very good strategy for CL playoffs.

5) Also, it can be a good idea to use WASTE TIME version for away matches during Champions League playoffs, only to make few small changes to it: change mentality from Defensive to Counter and remove Waste Time TI. Why not Base version? Because It's very important how many goals you concede during away match, because if you played draw or lose by one goal in away match so you still have great chances to go further, because in home match it's very possible you win by 2 goal difference.

Would it be possible to post some pics of player instructions for the vita-users among us, please? :)

Getting some good results so far without them, but I was wondering if there was more?

There’s possible solution to this problem. You can install demo version of FM14 through STREAM then plug the tactic and see all TIs and PIs.

Do you ever make any other tactics changes during a match if so what ones?

Have you also tried changing the DM to a half back or regista? I've found these to roles on tactics really helps the defense and makes it more stable

Ok, I've finally updated filters because it was a bit outdated. :p

Download the filters - http://www.mediafire.com/download/acl4pmmp1s6vshc/TFF_Pure_Insanity_Filters_V2.pft

Most efficient way to use filters is combine it with “Attributes Recommendations” because when you “ease” match conditions some important attributes can be far away from minimal recommended level for these attributes.

Ok, I've finally updated filters because it was a bit outdated. :p

Download the filters - http://www.mediafire.com/download/acl4pmmp1s6vshc/TFF_Pure_Insanity_Filters_V2.pft

Most efficient way to use filters is combine it with “Attributes Recommendations” because when you “ease” match conditions some important attributes can be far away from minimal recommended level for these attributes.

what are these filters for

Base tactic has been updated to V4.

Attacking version has been removed.

Filters have been updated to suite V4.

Opening Post has been updated.

Now AMR(Inside Forward) in normal should be Left Footed and there's mirror version in case you have Right Footed AML.

Download V4 Normal - http://www.mediafire.com/download/rvkf4zcx5sg1cew/TFF_Pure_Insanity_V4.tac

Download V4 Mirror - http://www.mediafire.com/download/7wa7vsdi4lxka44/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Mirror)_V4.tac

Changes:

- OI changed.

- AMR became Inside Forward, PI changed.

- Changed Duty for MCL(DPL).

- Changed Role/Duty for STC.

- Changed dribbling settings for DR.

- WBL moved to DL position. Role/Duty/PI changed.

- DCL/DCR Roles/Duties changed, new PI added.

Archived