New Stadium Name?

Hmm, so I've been at Messina for 11 years and have become a club legend having won Serie A for the previous 3 seasons and now the time has come to build a new stadium and yet despite the club having a whole number of legends to choose from including myself, they choose to call it the highly creative name 'Messina Stadium'. What's the criteria to have a stadium named after you? I always thought it was a near cert. if you are a legend when the club builds a new ground. Evidently not...

From what I know, you have to request a new stadium - maybe along with being a club legend - and it gets named after you.

On FM13, my board built a new stadium (without me asking) named 'Shrewsbury Stadium'. My friend, playing as Tranmere, asked for a new stadium and it was called 'Griffiths Stadium'.

I took a team from beyond the dankest pits of the English leagues to the Premiership and Champions league glory, and the new stadium was simply the "Hampton & Richmond Stadium". I was a bit disappointed but it happens. I did ask for the new stadium, though this was FM11 or 12, I can't remember now.

I moaned about this other day, my forest new stadium after 10 seasons was The Nottingham Forest Stadium LOL Has anyone actually had a legend stadium name in 2014 ?

Spurs have just built one in 2015 and named it....the 'New White Hart Lane'

That's crazy!

You must put many hours into this game, i've only managed a save up until 2022.

You've got some going on nearly 100 years!

My Arsenal save in FM13 changed the stadium name to Keay Park if I remember rightly, went up to 2035 or there abouts in that save. It's a pretty rad feature.

I once had one of my stadiums named the Jogi-Löw-Stadium, while Löw was still in office, in 2015.

He did wone the World Cup with Germany 2014, I still found it strange and a bit out of place that you would name a stadium after somebody who is still in office. To be honest, not sure if anybody would name a stadium after a current manager. Too much risk that the manager makes some blatant mistakes in the following season, gets ousted in a shameful way (right after being called "hero for lifetime") and then what? You have to rename the stadium?

Archived