[FM14] FCUtdWill's English National League System - Level 11 - Released

A user on here got to League One with a team from Level 13, but racked up huge debts due to lack of stadium expansion, this was on FM12 though.Whether that same problem still occurs on FM14 or this database in particular, only Will can really answer.
Level 11 clubs all have 500 capacity stadiums with an expansion capacity of 24,500. I don't know how much stadium expansions cost though, and clubs don't have much money at that level, but can soon increase with cup runs in league cups and then once in Level 10 and above in the national cups.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Level 11 clubs all have 500 capacity stadiums with an expansion capacity of 24,500. I don't know how much stadium expansions cost though, and clubs don't have much money at that level, but can soon increase with cup runs in league cups and then once in Level 10 and above in the national cups.

Thanks for clearing that up Will.

Out of interest, what made you put them all at the same capacity and expansion capacity? Was the real life info hard to obtain or was it to overcome a technical problem?

i've spotted some city data to fine tune at level 10 (i just share them for common utility): Stafford should be in the 100.000-250.000 class of inhabitants; great yarmouth should be in the 50.000-100.000 class; milton and letcomb city details are missing

When I go to the stats page for my league, only my players appear. Is this because I didn't add players to playable leagues. Is the update save game compatible? Maybe I should add players to playable leagues and start again. Is there a full list of rules/settings one should have ticked/unticked at setup for a better experience?

i've spotted two more 'super-rich' clubs (level 10): nelson begins with a 1.850 pounds/week wage budget, bolehall swifts 1.893 pounds/week...and of course my dear great yarmouth 1.685 pounds/week...and this without any change to the database and apparently with no connection with the 'state of finance', reputation, morale, size of the home town...really strange, also because a fourth club i picked to go on with the test (oadby town) has a regular set-up, with the wage budget in line with the wage bill at the beginning of the game...

i've spotted two more 'super-rich' clubs (level 10): nelson begins with a 1.850 pounds/week wage budget, bolehall swifts 1.893 pounds/week...and of course my dear great yarmouth 1.685 pounds/week...and this without any change to the database and apparently with no connection with the 'state of finance', reputation, morale, size of the home town...really strange, also because a fourth club i picked to go on with the test (oadby town) has a regular set-up, with the wage budget in line with the wage bill at the beginning of the game...

West Everton Xaviers at Level 11 has about 3400 pw to start with.

Just posted a Level 11 update now. Some league cup competitions and reserve/youth leagues' reputations have increased as they were too low originally.

I've also uploaded a Level 10 file with Level 11 inactive. Apart from the removal of Level 11 cups, the file remains the same as my Level 11 version.

I know I'm a bit thick but how do I update?

Going through downloads on the FM14 main screen, there's no option to install or update - only start new game/uninstall.

When I go to the stats page for my league, only my players appear. Is this because I didn't add players to playable leagues. Is the update save game compatible? Maybe I should add players to playable leagues and start again. Is there a full list of rules/settings one should have ticked/unticked at setup for a better experience?

1. Same here, and same with my Scottish lower league save. Bit of a pity, that.

2. I DID add players to playable leagues, yet the other squads in my league and those of teams one level higher I'm playing friendlies against have only greys apart from the odd real life player who was presumably in the SI database. I was expecting regens but the other squads only have greys and so far no one in my league has brought in any new players.

3. When you save a game the data you used is frozen into that savegame. In other words you can't update it, you have to start a new save.

4. I use small database customised to include ALL players in England. I ticked 'add staff' and I unticked attribute masking - but for some reason that hasn't worked.

So basically, from my experience there's probably no point starting a new save, but of course it's up to you and since you must be new into a save I guess there's no harm experimenting a bit.

Out of interest, what made you put them all at the same capacity and expansion capacity? Was the real life info hard to obtain or was it to overcome a technical problem?

I prefer that, for playability purposes. What I mean is I'm in the same boat as all the other clubs in the league; we all have exactly the same odds for promotion, same attendances of 20, same income. With everything exactly the same there is only one variable - ME! My transfer decisions, man management, tactics etc will be the sole differential. I like that!

At level 10 and I think level 9 the players and clubs are not substantially better than at level 11 so I expect it will be 3 or 4 seasons at least (assuming promotion every year) before you feel the effects of stadium restrictions.

1. Same here, and same with my Scottish lower league save. Bit of a pity, that.

2. I DID add players to playable leagues, yet the other squads in my league and those of teams one level higher I'm playing friendlies against have only greys apart from the odd real life player who was presumably in the SI database. I was expecting regens but the other squads only have greys and so far no one in my league has brought in any new players.

3. When you save a game the data you used is frozen into that savegame. In other words you can't update it, you have to start a new save.

4. I use small database customised to include ALL players in England. I ticked 'add staff' and I unticked attribute masking - but for some reason that hasn't worked.

So basically, from my experience there's probably no point starting a new save, but of course it's up to you and since you must be new into a save I guess there's no harm experimenting a bit.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. I think I'll be very happy with what I've got and play on.

Thanks for clearing that up Will.

It's something I always do, it's to make it a level playing field. It's the same with reputations and finances, I've seen some databases before the last few years where I see some clubs winning every game and some losing every game and isn't realistic. With them set as the same, the leagues are a lot closer and one year you might see one club doing well but the next, not doing as well.

i've spotted some city data to fine tune at level 10 (i just share them for common utility): Stafford should be in the 100.000-250.000 class of inhabitants; great yarmouth should be in the 50.000-100.000 class; milton and letcomb city details are missing

Thanks mate, I'll correct them for the final version.

West Everton Xaviers at Level 11 has about 3400 pw to start with.

I don't understand why this is happening with certain clubs, I'll have a look through the data today and make a note of the ones that are higher than normal. Thank you for the information.

Will, the 'super-rich clubs' matter goes stranger if possible...i set in the editor (amending your file) the remaining wage budget for great yarmouth, so i expected to find it at the beginning of a new game...i was wrong, notwithstanding the limit, i've got again the same insane wage bill (for a level 10 club)...really really strange...

Will, the 'super-rich clubs' matter goes stranger if possible...i set in the editor (amending your file) the remaining wage budget for great yarmouth, so i expected to find it at the beginning of a new game...i was wrong, notwithstanding the limit, i've got again the same insane wage bill (for a level 10 club)...really really strange...

i'm trying different clubs to check the matter and it looks like many clubs have this problem down at level 10...it seems totally random, it is not linked to nothing apparent...at a certain point I thought it could be related to a club having or not at least a real player, but it's not the case...nice puzzle...

i'm trying different clubs to check the matter and it looks like many clubs have this problem down at level 10...it seems totally random, it is not linked to nothing apparent...at a certain point I thought it could be related to a club having or not at least a real player, but it's not the case...nice puzzle...

further evidence...no problem at all at level 8 and 9, it looks as all the clubs have a regular wage budget and no strange richness...only down at level 10 there is this issue, anybody else experienced it?

So with my i7 MACBOOK Pro with 8GB RAM can anyone see a way I can play at level 11 with players added to playable leagues without the computer taking three or four minutes to process each day? Tried making the detail level none but it doesn't help.

The only reason I asked because in my current game, the unbeaten team topping the league, Litherland REMYCA, has no manager and I don't think any of the other teams do. It's taking away from it a little bit for me.

I've holidayed through a season, and there doesn't seem to be any teams getting relegated out of level 11; there's no "R" against the bottom clubs in the final league table, and once the next season starts (25th June) at least a couple of those bottom clubs are still in the league they were in last season, at level 11 (I didn't check all of them).

I only mention it because the steam workshop icon says that level 12 is inactive to allow promotion / relegation up to level 11. The club I used to play for is at level 12, with direct promotion up to a level 11 division, so I thought I'd try to get them in game.

I have the game saved at 24th June, if you need it.

I've holidayed through a season, and there doesn't seem to be any teams getting relegated out of level 11; there's no "R" against the bottom clubs in the final league table, and once the next season starts (25th June) at least a couple of those bottom clubs are still in the league they were in last season, at level 11 (I didn't check all of them).

I only mention it because the steam workshop icon says that level 12 is inactive to allow promotion / relegation up to level 12. The club I used to play for is at level 12, with direct promotion up to a level 11 division, so I thought I'd try to get them in game.

I have the game saved at 24th June, if you need it.

Promotion/relegation between L11 and L12 is a work in progress, it's something I'll try and fix for the final version. I added in a play-off yesterday and it didn't work as intended.

Have just checked Great Yarmouth Town's finances on a new game from game start, and they've got a Wage Budget of £1.67k. I'll see if adding a Remaining Wage Budget helps.

Edit: It hasn't helped.

it's really strange...it's making me mad to fine a level 10 club that has no monstre wage budget, plays both fa cup and fa vaser and has reserve matches...

which update???

I put an update on the workshop fixing some reputations for league cups and reserve leagues last night on my Level 11 file. I'm going to be putting another update on at some point in the next couple of weeks adding Level 11 Reserve Leagues and some promotion/relegation from Level 11 to 12.

it's really strange...it's making me mad to fine a level 10 club that has no monstre wage budget, plays both fa cup and fa vaser and has reserve matches...

If you want to play in both the FA Cup/FA Vase/reserves you can edit the file to make them if you want, just remove a club from the competition as there and replace them with your own.

I put an update on the workshop fixing some reputations for league cups and reserve leagues last night on my Level 11 file. I'm going to be putting another update on at some point in the next couple of weeks adding Level 11 Reserve Leagues and some promotion/relegation from Level 11 to 12.

If you want to play in both the FA Cup/FA Vase/reserves you can edit the file to make them if you want, just remove a club from the competition as there and replace them with your own.

i'm not able to edit the competition file of the fa cup (or the fa vase), do not find the list of the teams in which operate the switch...

i'm not able to edit the competition file of the fa cup (or the fa vase), do not find the list of the teams in which operate the switch...
If you go into the nation rules and in the FA Cup/FA Vase section of the cups, there's a list of clubs who take part. At the bottom of the list there's some clubs under Get Specific Team and you can replace them there.

If you go into the nation rules and in the FA Cup/FA Vase section of the cups, there's a list of clubs who take part. At the bottom of the list there's some clubs under Get Specific Team and you can replace them there.

I reach the point but do not find any list of club, which of the options at the foot of the screen have to choose when on the list of cups??? thank you in advance, really kind

I reach the point but do not find any list of club, which of the options at the foot of the screen have to choose when on the list of cups??? thank you in advance, really kind
There should be a list of leagues on the first screen on the FA Cup/FA Vase part of the nation rules, underneath how many clubs take part.

Maybe you use the advanced rules? i did not found any list with leagues/club entering the cups

I'm using the basic rules. In the Nation Rules it's on the following: Nation Rules - England > Cups > FA Cup > General > Teams. At the very bottom of the Teams there's specific clubs specified.

I'm using the basic rules. In the Nation Rules it's on the following: Nation Rules - England > Cups > FA Cup > General > Teams. At the very bottom of the Teams there's specific clubs specified.

found it, thank you very much!!! mad idea...in the rules there's the number of the replays (currently set at 1)...since i'm a romantic, would the whole file run even setting a higher number of replays? would be fantastic going back to the Golden years of endless replays, even if just on my pc...

So I can pick one of the specific teams and lower the number of teams from one of the leagues listed above, is it correct?

found it, thank you very much!!! mad idea...in the rules there's the number of the replays (currently set at 1)...since i'm a romantic, would the whole file run even setting a higher number of replays? would be fantastic going back to the Golden years of endless replays, even if just on my pc...

No problem, I think the maximum number of replays is 2. If you click on the field, at the bottom of the screen gives you a tip of how many to set. It'll say "number of replays for this round 0-2" or something similar

So I can pick one of the specific teams and lower the number of teams from one of the leagues listed above, is it correct?

Replace one of the clubs in the specific teams field with your own

at level 10, checking in the editor, not all the teams have a 'reserve team' in the general settings. Should I add the reserve team in its box, will they figure in one of the reserve leagues you set up?

On the club screen itself add in an U21 team, you'll have to select which league they enter. If you're wanting Great Yarmouth Town a reserve team, halve the first teams' reputation and put their attendance fields to 0, 0, 0 and set the stadium as the first team stadium.

when i'm in the box of the team entering a cup, which steps have I to fulfil to add a new team/swap with an existing team? i'm trying the different options but are not the correct ones

If you replace one of the specific clubs with your own club, it'd work. Just don't add or delete them as the cup won't work otherwise.

No problem, I think the maximum number of replays is 2. If you click on the field, at the bottom of the screen gives you a tip of how many to set. It'll say "number of replays for this round 0-2" or something similar

Replace one of the clubs in the specific teams field with your own

On the club screen itself add in an U21 team, you'll have to select which league they enter. If you're wanting Great Yarmouth Town a reserve team, halve the first teams' reputation and put their attendance fields to 0, 0, 0 and set the stadium as the first team stadium.

If you replace one of the specific clubs with your own club, it'd work. Just don't add or delete them as the cup won't work otherwise.

Thank you, have a nice easter!!!

Archived