[FM14] FCUtdWill's English National League System - Level 11 - Released

As I said it still a great file with plenty of enjoyment, looking around the leagues this seems to be the only real major example. Is the Anglian Premier a level 10 or level 11. Is there anything simple I can do to "swap" more local clubs into my league. I have never used the editor before so it would have to be simple!!!Not a problem if nothing can be done
The Anglian Premier's Level 11. I don't know if there's a way in the in-game editor as I don't use it, but the only way would be through the pre-game editor.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Anglian Premier's Level 11. I don't know if there's a way in the in-game editor as I don't use it, but the only way would be through the pre-game editor.

No problem,as I say its not enough to stop me enjoying the file. If you can only use the pre game editor than by definition the issue hasn't happened yet!

Alright Will, corrupted my BETA save with Wychavon (got 4 seasons in) which was the only thing stopping me from using the full fat file instead, any chance of PMing it me again (the latest update that is?)

Alright Will, corrupted my BETA save with Wychavon (got 4 seasons in) which was the only thing stopping me from using the full fat file instead, any chance of PMing it me again (the latest update that is?)
Hi mate, how did your game get corrupted? Yeah sure, I'll send it to you now :-)

Hi Will, I finally managed to complete the first season at level 11. All was fine, I won my League and played the playoff. Won the semi and the final, therefore I' now at level 10. The club offered me to extend the contract, but when setting the wage budget for the new season it went mad...they set an astonishing 100k pounds (yearly) wage budget, a sum nobody spends even at level 9 (and few at level 8), let alone level 10...really strange and difficult to handle, with such a budget I could esily 'buy' another promotion...

Hi Will, I finally managed to complete the first season at level 11. All was fine, I won my League and played the playoff. Won the semi and the final, therefore I' now at level 10. The club offered me to extend the contract, but when setting the wage budget for the new season it went mad...they set an astonishing 100k pounds (yearly) wage budget, a sum nobody spends even at level 9 (and few at level 8), let alone level 10...really strange and difficult to handle, with such a budget I could esily 'buy' another promotion...

Update about the issue...unfortunately I'm not able to tell when it happened (after the last match or wneh turning the football year), but through the Real Time Editor I checked that my Trowbridge team following the promotion increased its reputation to an astonishing 1925!!! That's a conference North/South level, and it's a bit more strange because I started with a 300 reputation and the other level 10 clubs are regular with their 400 reputation. This also explain why I was given such an incredible wage budget. Further evidence: i checked another of the level-11 promoted teams, and they've got the same reputation increase, now they're at 1925, meaning that their level 10 League would be totally altered. This is a problem...

Update about the issue...unfortunately I'm not able to tell when it happened (after the last match or wneh turning the football year), but through the Real Time Editor I checked that my Trowbridge team following the promotion increased its reputation to an astonishing 1925!!! That's a conference North/South level, and it's a bit more strange because I started with a 300 reputation and the other level 10 clubs are regular with their 400 reputation. This also explain why I was given such an incredible wage budget. Further evidence: i checked another of the level-11 promoted teams, and they've got the same reputation increase, now they're at 1925, meaning that their level 10 League would be totally altered. This is a problem...

Further evidence...unfortunately the issue is general, since it affect ALL the promoted teams, even in the level 9 and 10 divisions...all such teams have an incredible reputation increase, while the other teams stay regular...

Further evidence...unfortunately the issue is general, since it affect ALL the promoted teams, even in the level 9 and 10 divisions...all such teams have an incredible reputation increase, while the other teams stay regular...

Hi mate,

Thank you for your messages. Congratulations for winning promotion to Level 10.

I've noticed a similar issue on my beta with reputations increasing after promotion and even if I set Level 11 clubs as always amateur, they wouldn't be able to turn semi-pro and then professional at a later date.

I would recommend making a bug report about it, there's nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

Hi mate,

Thank you for your messages. Congratulations for winning promotion to Level 10.

I've noticed a similar issue on my beta with reputations increasing after promotion and even if I set Level 11 clubs as always amateur, they wouldn't be able to turn semi-pro and then professional at a later date.

I would recommend making a bug report about it, there's nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

Do you think it's related to the game itself or to your file? Maybe the game is not ready to manage such promotions between 'added' levels...it's a pity because it's really gamebreaking, winning promotion means to be immediately launched on a much higher level...

Do you think it's related to the game itself or to your file? Maybe the game is not ready to manage such promotions between 'added' levels...it's a pity because it's really gamebreaking, winning promotion means to be immediately launched on a much higher level...
It's the game I think, I don't know why it's doing it and something I can't control. What happens to club's reputations when they get promoted from Level 7?

...they set an astonishing 100k pounds (yearly) wage budget, a sum nobody spends even at level 9 (and few at level 8), let alone level 10...really strange and difficult to handle, with such a budget I could esily 'buy' another promotion...

100k per year is alot for not just level 9 or 8 but even 7. Some well ran step 6 (Conference North/south) clubs wouldn't go much over.

It's the game I think, I don't know why it's doing it and something I can't control. What happens to club's reputations when they get promoted from Level 7?

teams promoted from level 7 have the same insane reputation increase, since 1600-1700 to 3300, while the other teams are stable. same problem from level 6 to level 5, Worcester city doubles the reputation from 1900 to 3850...same from level 5 to level 4...much more normal the rep decrease for the relegated teams...

teams promoted from level 7 have the same insane reputation increase, since 1600-1700 to 3300, while the other teams are stable. same problem from level 6 to level 5, Worcester city doubles the reputation from 1900 to 3850...same from level 5 to level 4...much more normal the rep decrease for the relegated teams...

That's really strange, I honestly don't know why it's doing this. It's something I'm unable to fix as I don't know what I can do.

Only advice I have is to make a thread about it in the Bugs forum.

That's really strange, I honestly don't know why it's doing this. It's something I'm unable to fix as I don't know what I can do.

Only advice I have is to make a thread about it in the Bugs forum.

i've surfed in the bugs forum, found nothing about a 'reputation issue' in the game itself. i've posted the issue also in the forum of other League expansions, first of all would be useful to clarify whether the issue is a 'game issue' or an 'expansion issue'

i've surfed in the bugs forum, found nothing about a 'reputation issue' in the game itself. i've posted the issue also in the forum of other League expansions, first of all would be useful to clarify whether the issue is a 'game issue' or an 'expansion issue'

Okay, I'd say it's both, as it happens with promoted clubs from Level 7 to 6, and Level 6 is the lowest playable level without expansions.

Glad you posted all this since I've just completed my first season with Totnes & Dartington last night.

After managing my tiny squad on one game per week, I was rather shocked to find the play-off semi and final only 3 days apart. I rested my whole squad after the first game so they were just about fresh enough, and we gained promotion (to the correct L10 league too).

So I was rather amazed to see for the second season my average gate is expected to leap from 12 (which was rather silly) to over 100. Will this increase exponentially every promotion????

Even more astonishing is my wage budget. I had gone scarily over budget by the end of my first season and I was expecting to be told to cut back - instead I've been giving a kitty the size jam jameson mentions. I can't possibly spend it, and I don't want to - in our last game of the season, admittedly on a gruelling penalty shoot-out, we won the local cup which involved 2 L11 leagues and the L10 one we've just got promoted to - in other words my squad can challenge for promotion without further strengthening.

I don't know what my new reputation is, but it has doubled from a half-star to a full star which puts me on a par with some Conference N/S clubs. So it sounds from what the last few posts are saying that I'll probably cruise through the leagues until I hit Conference South or possibly Premier. Oh well, I like winning.

At what point to I enter the FA Cup? That might be the only challenge for a while.

I must stress, despite this being quite a erious issue, I'm loving the campaign made possible by FCUtdWill's sterling efforts.

Glad you posted all this since I've just completed my first season with Totnes & Dartington last night.

After managing my tiny squad on one game per week, I was rather shocked to find the play-off semi and final only 3 days apart. I rested my whole squad after the first game so they were just about fresh enough, and we gained promotion (to the correct L10 league too).

So I was rather amazed to see for the second season my average gate is expected to leap from 12 (which was rather silly) to over 100. Will this increase exponentially every promotion????

Even more astonishing is my wage budget. I had gone scarily over budget by the end of my first season and I was expecting to be told to cut back - instead I've been giving a kitty the size jam jameson mentions. I can't possibly spend it, and I don't want to - in our last game of the season, admittedly on a gruelling penalty shoot-out, we won the local cup which involved 2 L11 leagues and the L10 one we've just got promoted to - in other words my squad can challenge for promotion without further strengthening.

I don't know what my new reputation is, but it has doubled from a half-star to a full star which puts me on a par with some Conference N/S clubs. So it sounds from what the last few posts are saying that I'll probably cruise through the leagues until I hit Conference South or possibly Premier. Oh well, I like winning.

At what point to I enter the FA Cup? That might be the only challenge for a while.

I must stress, despite this being quite a erious issue, I'm loving the campaign made possible by FCUtdWill's sterling efforts.

There's nothing I can do about the play-offs unfortunately, as I've made the file in the basic rules, I can't change the dates of the play-offs.

It's down to how I've set the attendances, they normally are low for the first season but increase from the second season onwards. Stadiums at Level 10 have an expansion capacity of 24500 so there is room to improve.

There's nothing I can do about the wage budget unfortunately, unless I set the clubs to be amateur, but after a promotion they turn semi-pro. I can't set them to always amateur either as if you got promoted to Level 5 and above you wouldn't be able to turn professional.

Again, there's nothing I can do about the reputation increase, I don't know why it increases so much after a promotion.

You enter the FA Cup at Level 10, but not all teams enter from the South West Peninsula League Premier Division and is done on a get first teams from this division basis. You might get lucky and enter in the first season at that level. At Level 9 and above, you're more likely to enter the competition. You'll still be able to enter the FA Vase as well, which is done on the same basis.

Thank you for your comments, as I've said, unfortunately it's something I don't know how to fix, because it's not right.

There's nothing I can do about the play-offs unfortunately, as I've made the file in the basic rules, I can't change the dates of the play-offs.

It's down to how I've set the attendances, they normally are low for the first season but increase from the second season onwards. Stadiums at Level 10 have an expansion capacity of 24500 so there is room to improve.

There's nothing I can do about the wage budget unfortunately, unless I set the clubs to be amateur, but after a promotion they turn semi-pro. I can't set them to always amateur either as if you got promoted to Level 5 and above you wouldn't be able to turn professional.

Again, there's nothing I can do about the reputation increase, I don't know why it increases so much after a promotion.

You enter the FA Cup at Level 10, but not all teams enter from the South West Peninsula League Premier Division and is done on a get first teams from this division basis. You might get lucky and enter in the first season at that level. At Level 9 and above, you're more likely to enter the competition. You'll still be able to enter the FA Vase as well, which is done on the same basis.

Thank you for your comments, as I've said, unfortunately it's something I don't know how to fix, because it's not right.

Since we all are loving the level 11 update, i think it's useful to share our experiences. Following our posts, i tried another experiment. I launched a full season with the EEE update, that goes to level 8.

At the end of the season i checked the rep changes through RTE, mainly for promoted teams, and i have to say that i didn't found anything strange or mad. On the basis of such evidence i'd conclude that the issue has something to do with the settings of the will's file.

Anyway i'll go on with the experiment, to check any budget change in the second season...

Since we all are loving the level 11 update, i think it's useful to share our experiences. Following our posts, i tried another experiment. I launched a full season with the EEE update, that goes to level 8. At the end of the season i checked the rep changes through RTE, mainly for promoted teams, and i have to say that i didn't found anything strange or mad. On the basis of such evidence i'd conclude that the issue has something to do with the settings of the will's file.Anyway i'll go on with the experiment, to check any budget change in the second season...
Thank you for sharing your experiences, I haven't been able to play the game yet so your comments are much appreciated. I honestly don't know what I could do to change this. I haven't changed anything major, I've only changed the level reputations so they're better than the defaults. I've also got a set reputation for Level 10 and 11 clubs (400 & 300 respectively) and the reason why I do that is to make it a level playing field.

Since we all are loving the level 11 update, i think it's useful to share our experiences.

Yes, +100.

Just started pre-season and enticed Plymouth Argyle and Exeter (just relegated to Conference Premier) to our gaff for friendlies. I was quite relieved to see we were roundly thrashed by both! I'm expecting promotion from my L10 league to be straightforward, but at least meeting higher clubs in cups shouldn't be silly, so all's good!

It seems a tad too easy so far.

I've not played a lot due to various reasons but without any signings (apart from staff and a clubless goalkeeper) I'm top of the South West Peninsula League Division One West (quite a mouth full) with Mousehole AFC, 7 or 8 points clear at the end of november in my first season. 4-2-3-1 tactic, "rigid" and "control". I don't do very much to achieve this. Never switch tactics and only use substitutes is case of an injury. I just tell them to pick up where they left off and they just win their games. My scout hints me of clubless strikers that are 5-star in comparison to my 2-star striker, but I don't dare sign hem as I fear the goals will then be flying in beyond realism.

So overall I fear this level 11 file has its use for 1 season only as promotion is due to happen in the first season.

I'm playing a German lower league career simultaneously, starting at the bottom (level 6 or 7) with VfL Germania Leer, and I'm mid-table there using the same 'lazy' management style. That seems more realistic, but I'm not sure how these datafiles may be compared.

Mousehole did very well IRL this season by the way, finishing 2nd behind Callington, so there might be some realism going on after all ;-)

It seems a tad too easy so far.

I've not played a lot due to various reasons but without any signings (apart from staff and a clubless goalkeeper) I'm top of the South West Peninsula League Division One West (quite a mouth full) with Mousehole AFC, 7 or 8 points clear at the end of november in my first season. 4-2-3-1 tactic, "rigid" and "control". I don't do very much to achieve this. Never switch tactics and only use substitutes is case of an injury. I just tell them to pick up where they left off and they just win their games. My scout hints me of clubless strikers that are 5-star in comparison to my 2-star striker, but I don't dare sign hem as I fear the goals will then be flying in beyond realism.

So overall I fear this level 11 file has its use for 1 season only as promotion is due to happen in the first season.

I'm playing a German lower league career simultaneously, starting at the bottom (level 6 or 7) with VfL Germania Leer, and I'm mid-table there using the same 'lazy' management style. That seems more realistic, but I'm not sure how these datafiles may be compared.

Mousehole did very well IRL this season by the way, finishing 2nd behind Callington, so there might be some realism going on after all ;-)

The difficulty has nothing to do with his database. That stuff can't be edited. All lower level teams beyond Skrill north/south have empty rosters. Because of that, when you start the save, players are added to all those lower level teams completely randomly. Club's value, facilities or other factors like those may play a factor in the generated players being added. But way down at level 11, they are all going to be the same most likely. So, the save you are saying that is too easy, you just go lucky with what players were randomly assigned to your team. Start another save with a level 11 team and you may get drawn the short straw. It is all random.

The difficulty has nothing to do with his database. That stuff can't be edited. All lower level teams beyond Skrill north/south have empty rosters. Because of that, when you start the save, players are added to all those lower level teams completely randomly. Club's value, facilities or other factors like those may play a factor in the generated players being added. But way down at level 11, they are all going to be the same most likely. So, the save you are saying that is too easy, you just go lucky with what players were randomly assigned to your team. Start another save with a level 11 team and you may get drawn the short straw. It is all random.

Partly agree...some clubs at level 7 and 8 have real players, you would find them immediately checking the rosters at the beginning of the game. I agree that for all the other clubs the rosters are random, but this makes it actually easy the game, also because the ai teams are not as aggressive on the transfer market as we humans are, therefore we all start with bad teams but in a month time we have a good one, the others are still on the default donkeys (at level 11 they really are...)...i think that a way to making it more difficult would be to build a team to bring on for some seasons, so that your level 11 giants would face harder tasks when promoting to level 10 and 9...

Partly agree...some clubs at level 7 and 8 have real players, you would find them immediately checking the rosters at the beginning of the game. I agree that for all the other clubs the rosters are random, but this makes it actually easy the game, also because the ai teams are not as aggressive on the transfer market as we humans are, therefore we all start with bad teams but in a month time we have a good one, the others are still on the default donkeys (at level 11 they really are...)...i think that a way to making it more difficult would be to build a team to bring on for some seasons, so that your level 11 giants would face harder tasks when promoting to level 10 and 9...

Ya that makes sense. Didn't look at it that way.

I guess if you start a save with a lower level team, enforce a rule where you don't hit the market for anyone, you just play for a season with the players you are given and then hit the market over the summer when the season in over.

It might just be a first-season phenomenon. What I noticed, managing in South West Peninsula League Division One West (but presumably is the same for all L11 managers) is that all my rivals not only had grey-only players, but were managerless. No one brought in any players until they had managers: (1) most never did get a manager over the season, and (2) those that did drafted in very few players. So against useless players and useless tactics, it's hard NOT to win the league effortlessly.

In pre-season at L10 at the moment I see rivals with managers and at least partial squads - that should make things more of a challenge. My last match of the first season was the Throgmorten cup final, against Falmouth who finished 4th in the L10 division I've been promoted to. The match ended 0-0 and went to a penalty shoot-out, which we won. My squad was suffering post-play-off fatigue and had key injuries, but it was at least a difficult fixture.

I'm still expecting to breeze through 2 or 3 seasons effortlessly. I've resolved to make no signings this season, or, hopefully the next despite the huge wage budget; I'm not taking on any free loanees and will focus on developing my youths under little pressure. If I get to level 7 or 6 and find myself up against tough opposition, I'll be happy with that. Even better if I get into the Football League with a squad full of home-grown youngsters.

By the way, one reason I can't give this save up is that I had a kid come through with the best regen name EVER: ladies and gentlemen, I give you ...... Nick Knock.

It might just be a first-season phenomenon. What I noticed, managing in South West Peninsula League Division One West (but presumably is the same for all L11 managers) is that all my rivals not only had grey-only players, but were managerless. No one brought in any players until they had managers: (1) most never did get a manager over the season, and (2) those that did drafted in very few players. So against useless players and useless tactics, it's hard NOT to win the league effortlessly.

In pre-season at L10 at the moment I see rivals with managers and at least partial squads - that should make things more of a challenge. My last match of the first season was the Throgmorten cup final, against Falmouth who finished 4th in the L10 division I've been promoted to. The match ended 0-0 and went to a penalty shoot-out, which we won. My squad was suffering post-play-off fatigue and had key injuries, but it was at least a difficult fixture.

I'm still expecting to breeze through 2 or 3 seasons effortlessly. I've resolved to make no signings this season, or, hopefully the next despite the huge wage budget; I'm not taking on any free loanees and will focus on developing my youths under little pressure. If I get to level 7 or 6 and find myself up against tough opposition, I'll be happy with that. Even better if I get into the Football League with a squad full of home-grown youngsters.

By the way, one reason I can't give this save up is that I had a kid come through with the best regen name EVER: ladies and gentlemen, I give you ...... Nick Knock.

I agree with you, that's the way to keep it interesting. I'm going through another experiment. With my 'alla-confirmed' team i wnet on holiday and launched the level 10 campaign...checking it at january, we had a really god run in the fa cup, a nice run in the other cups and we are SECOND in the league..this is encouraging because it means that there's a challenge...will se how it ends leaving th management to my assistant, and then decide whtether to start again the season to try myself at level 10...

Wow I must really suck in comparison to you guys. On the last file I played of this type it took me 4 - 5 seasons to get out of level 13!

Unfortunately all I can do with this one is crash test atm, not got the time to start a full game yet.

You didn't select the box "add players to playable teams". If you don't select it, ya all those clubs will have an empty roster and the players will all be greyed out. If you do select it, then every single team will have a full squad of generated players added to them.

Wow I must really suck in comparison to you guys. On the last file I played of this type it took me 4 - 5 seasons to get out of level 13!

Unfortunately all I can do with this one is crash test atm, not got the time to start a full game yet.

Don't worry you are not alone. On second season at Level 11 with Teignmouth after failing at the play off stage last season. Likely to win the league again so hope I don't fail again

out of level 13??? how are you playing at level 13???

I expect this was a previous version. Probably the Golden Eagles database or one amended from it, for FM2012.

Depends how people want to play the game, & the enjoyment gained from playing. If he is like me & wants a challenge, taking 4-5 years getting out of a division would be fun. Getting promotion each year without a fight would be boring as hell, & really can't understand why people want to play this way.

I expect this was a previous version. Probably the Golden Eagles database or one amended from it, for FM2012.

Depends how people want to play the game, & the enjoyment gained from playing. If he is like me & wants a challenge, taking 4-5 years getting out of a division would be fun. Getting promotion each year without a fight would be boring as hell, & really can't understand why people want to play this way.

I agree but I think it's not a choice, unless one cheats and re-play each defeat till he wins...unfortunately in my opinion the game is far too easy at the lower levels, once you settle your team, buy the right players and set a reasonable tactic, you usually do not have difficulties to win a couple of promotions on the trot...if you begin at the lower level (in this case at level 11), the first challenging level would be the conference I guess...

I agree but I think it's not a choice, unless one cheats and re-play each defeat till he wins...unfortunately in my opinion the game is far too easy at the lower levels, once you settle your team, buy the right players and set a reasonable tactic, you usually do not have difficulties to win a couple of promotions on the trot...if you begin at the lower level (in this case at level 11), the first challenging level would be the conference I guess...

Do you use your scouts to buy your players? I do & have restriction of how many miles the players are from the side I am playing. That way I am signing players who would realistically play for a very low league side, & widen the distance the higher up we get in the leagues. At level 10 & 11 I would only choose local players or keep ones you have or who come through the youth system. It is up to anyone how they play, but at least this makes it more of a challenge. There are other things you can do, to help make the game playable.

You didn't read my post properly Jam, I was referring to another file I played on. A user called Golden Eages, somebody edited his file for me.

Correct.

I would find it boring if I just blasted through the leagues. I don't mind a bit of a struggle at times, not that I have much choice anyway lol.

Do you use your scouts to buy your players? I do & have restriction of how many miles the players are from the side I am playing. That way I am signing players who would realistically play for a very low league side, & widen the distance the higher up we get in the leagues. At level 10 & 11 I would only choose local players or keep ones you have or who come through the youth system. It is up to anyone how they play, but at least this makes it more of a challenge. There are other things you can do, to help make the game playable.

Yes I use scouts and of course I can only buy the players available to come and play for me; in my experience this never stopped me from topping easily the League (at those low levels). I think it depends on the rare market activity of the other clubs in such leagues, they do not go for the good available players (free agents of course). moreover, in the first season you can find some good youngsters (newgen) to bolster the team, the resulting mix is enough to win a level 11 or level 10 league

Is his date totally bug free? I ask because I had one before (no necessarily this one) and a load of strange things were happening like Man Utd joining lower league cups and getting errors and the game crashing.

Yes I use scouts and of course I can only buy the players available to come and play for me; in my experience this never stopped me from topping easily the League (at those low levels). I think it depends on the rare market activity of the other clubs in such leagues, they do not go for the good available players (free agents of course). moreover, in the first season you can find some good youngsters (newgen) to bolster the team, the resulting mix is enough to win a level 11 or level 10 league

I can't use scouts, they end up costing me tens of thousands of pounds a week.

I have one scout, and in this second season he's finding me plenty of unfeasibly good players who are willing to play for me and within my budget. I mean half a dozen 5* potentials (good enough for Conf Prem/League 2) per month.

Given that I get more than enough from my scout, I've given up asking for reports on thelegions my backroom staff recommend, but that's a fruitful avenue if you don't have a scout. Long and short, even the scouting makes life too easy at the lowest levels.

I'm currently in Jan 1st 2015, secind season. After losing all my pre-season friendlies (all league opposition; I'd booked final friendlies with low rep teams for the final 2 fixtures but they were cancelled when Charity Vase & Shield matches appeared out of nowhere), I've WON ALL my competitive games so far. I didn't get into the FA Cup or Vase, just the local cup compy that I hold, so I'll probably finish the season with a 100% win record, which is just silly. I'm considering Instant Resulting until I get to the Conf South where matches might start to get competitive.

I have one scout, and in this second season he's finding me plenty of unfeasibly good players who are willing to play for me and within my budget. I mean half a dozen 5* potentials (good enough for Conf Prem/League 2) per month.

Given that I get more than enough from my scout, I've given up asking for reports on thelegions my backroom staff recommend, but that's a fruitful avenue if you don't have a scout. Long and short, even the scouting makes life too easy at the lowest levels.

I'm currently in Jan 1st 2015, secind season. After losing all my pre-season friendlies (all league opposition; I'd booked final friendlies with low rep teams for the final 2 fixtures but they were cancelled when Charity Vase & Shield matches appeared out of nowhere), I've WON ALL my competitive games so far. I didn't get into the FA Cup or Vase, just the local cup compy that I hold, so I'll probably finish the season with a 100% win record, which is just silly. I'm considering Instant Resulting until I get to the Conf South where matches might start to get competitive.

But doesn't scouting cost you a fortune?

Appears to be 10,000GBP per year. That is a fair whack, but it's more than paying for itself. I hadn't meant to alter my squad at all during this 2nd season, but on Jan 31st, last day of the transfer window, Dundee United came in for 2 16 year olds my scout had found in the close season. The money and add-ons were too good to turn down and I'll definitely finish the season in the black now.

By the way, it was predicted in the close season that my average attendance this season should be around 100; in the event it's barely over 50. The reason is surely because ticket prices have shot up from 2 GBP to 11. Not my business and all that, but seems a shame to me.

Nb. I won't go through the season with a 100% record; one team got a late equaliser through a freak goal by their keeper. Oh well.

Mine cost that in couple of days.

Also just noticed that Beccles Town and Accle United have been relegated from the Anglian Combination Premier Division to the Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division.

Just starting my third season and now at Level 9. Board expect me to reach the Second Round of the FA Cup! This suggests to me that I should be getting an easy ride up to Conference Premier level and hit real opposition once I et promoted to the Football League. By tha time I'll have nurtured a full squad of home-grown players from youth to maturity.

Hi Will,

Still enjoying the game - is Beccles Town and Accle United being relegated from the Anglian Combination Premier Division to the Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division an error that you know about?

This season, Mattishall have been relegated to Liverpool County Prem from Sheffield even though it seems they are a Norfolk club.

This looks amazingly great and a lot of work, however I've downloaded it on the workshop and everytime I try to start a new game the game crashes for me because it says the database of all local league 11 teams must be assigned to the parent or child divisions not both. Any help with fixing this?

I have had a play around with this file and I've noticed in the second season that the majority of teams promoted from the inactive Level 12 leagues are all from the Norfolk area and are automatically all placed in the Anglian Combination Premier Division at Level 11. All the teams from the previous season in the Anglian Combination Premier Division (apart from the 1 promoted/1 relegated sides) are then moved to other leagues throughout Level 11.

Also in the first season at Level 11 starting with Sussex county league division 3 down to York league Premier division; all teams finishing in relegation places are not actually relegated (that's the last 9 divisions in alphabetical order at level 11) and they all stay in their respective divisions for the following season. This happens regularly throughout the years where roughly only about 10-14 relegated teams from level 11 (out of a possible 53 relegation places) are actually relegated and replaced by level 12 teams.

I'm fascinated with the English football pyramid system and mainly use this file for research purposes (although I would play a career game if the file worked more accurately).

I'm not sure if the problems mentioned can be fixed but credit goes to you for the time and effort you have put in to making this fabulous data update. I would love to see a level 24 file released someday!!

Archived