[FM14] FCUtdWill's English National League System - Level 11 - Released

I'm going to be releasing an update to my file later on today, which will include:

- Level 11 Reserve Divisions for leagues that have them, based on real life

- An additional Isthmian League Reserve Division, based on the Isthmian League U21 division

- Reverted back to my original FA Cup structure and removed specific clubs from entering every year. Darlington 1883 will enter in the competition from the first season, to make this happen, I've removed one of the places from the Hellenic League One West

- Reverted back to my original FA Vase structure, removed Level 11 clubs and allocated the remaining 17 clubs to Hellenic League One East (from 2 originally to 9), Hellenic League One West (6 to 9) and Kent Invicta League (2 to 9)

- Promotion/relegation between Level 11 and 12, but Level 12 will be inactive

- Removed four Level 12 leagues as they're not at that level

The update isn't save-game compatible so a new game will have to be started.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to be releasing an update to my file later on today, which will include:

- An additional Isthmian League Reserve Division, based on the Isthmian League U21 division

- Reverted back to my original FA Cup structure and removed specific clubs from entering every year. Darlington 1883 will enter in the competition from the first season, to make this happen, I've removed one of the places from the Hellenic League One West

- Reverted back to my original FA Vase structure, removed Level 11 clubs and allocated the remaining 17 clubs to Hellenic League One East (from 2 originally to 9), Hellenic League One West (6 to 9) and Kent Invicta League (2 to 9)

Will, I'd love to use this when it's out but since I've already got West Everton Xaviers promoted, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to swap them with Cheadle, who were relegated in my place - it won't feel so much like I'm going back to square one again and I can do without scouts this time so I'm not too far in debt. Do I need to buy the editor etc and then how do I do it?

Will, I'd love to use this when it's out but since I've already got West Everton Xaviers promoted, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to swap them with Cheadle, who were relegated in my place - it won't feel so much like I'm going back to square one again and I can do without scouts this time so I'm not too far in debt. Do I need to buy the editor etc and then how do I do it?
You won't have to buy the editor, it's a free download in the tools part of Steam. Which Cheadle do you want to swap them with? In the NWC? You'll have to swap clubs in the editor in the leagues. If Cheadle were relegated in real life, they'd join the Manchester League.

Will just 6 months into the game do you think its worth starting again with the updated file

You won't have to buy the editor, it's a free download in the tools part of Steam. Which Cheadle do you want to swap them with? In the NWC? You'll have to swap clubs in the editor in the leagues. If Cheadle were relegated in real life, they'd join the Manchester League.

Yeah, in the NWC, in my game they went into the Liverpool County Premier League where I was promoted from. Is it dead easy to swap?

Will just 6 months into the game do you think its worth starting again with the updated file

It's up to you, which club are you managing? The update stops specific clubs joining every year in the FA Cup/FA Vase when they might not play at that level. I've added some reserve divisions at Level 11 too so the club you're managing now might have a reserve team.

Yeah, in the NWC, in my game they went into the Liverpool County Premier League where I was promoted from. Is it dead easy to swap?

Yeah, i's easy to swap. If you open up the editor, load my database, and then in the competitions screen, search for Liverpool, on the teams bit, highlight West Everton Xaviers and click on swap at the bottom, and then search for Cheadle Town. Make sure you select the one in the NWC (not Staffordshire County League) and then click on OK.

Verify the nation rules, save the database, and start a new game as you would normally.

It's up to you, which club are you managing? The update stops specific clubs joining every year in the FA Cup/FA Vase when they might not play at that level. I've added some reserve divisions at Level 11 too so the club you're managing now might have a reserve team.

Yeah, i's easy to swap. If you open up the editor, load my database, and then in the competitions screen, search for Liverpool, on the teams bit, highlight West Everton Xaviers and click on swap at the bottom, and then search for Cheadle Town. Make sure you select the one in the NWC (not Staffordshire County League) and then click on OK.

Verify the nation rules, save the database, and start a new game as you would normally.

Thanks, Will!

I've now updated my file in the Steam Workshop and is available to download.

Hi Will, thank you for your update. therefore now it's a long term file, isn't it? we can expect no problem in the incoming seasons due to starting grid-issues of the fa cup and the fa vase, is it correct? thanks!!!

Teignmouth at level 11, if I start again do I just install again from Steam or do I have to delete old file first?

The tools part - is it in the workshop?

Hi Will, thank you for your update. therefore now it's a long term file, isn't it? we can expect no problem in the incoming seasons due to starting grid-issues of the fa cup and the fa vase, is it correct? thanks!!!

Hi mate, no problem. It is yeah, this is my final version for the Level 11 file. The FA Cup/Vase have been reverted back to their original setups that I had before.

Teignmouth at level 11, if I start again do I just install again from Steam or do I have to delete old file first?

Okay, they won't have a reserve team. Yeah, just install again from Steam, you don't have to delete the old file.

The tools part - is it in the workshop?

On the top where it says store, library, community, [username], hover over library and click on tools (75). The FM14 editor is listed on there.

hi will, i was scrolling the file in order to understand how the reserve leagues run (i dream of a promotion/relegation system between the divisions to provide some 'dynamic' to the junior teams) and noted that (for example) in the League panel of the level 7 leagues you do not set any League for the relegated teams, while a League for the promoted teams is set (in this case the conference North/South); the same happens in many leagues down the pyramid: at each level, some leagues have specific leagues set for promoted/relegated teams, some don't. How does it run? Can it cause any problem in the future seasons?

Another question: I checked that most of the u18 and u21 leagues could be edited in order to allow promotions/relegations. However some are set in a different way and apparently cannot be edited under this point of view (for example the conference reserve League): why? how can i edit it to allow promotion/relegation also for these divisions?

thank you a lot, even for making the file editable, it makes us understanding the dynamics of the pyramid and the monster task you undertook!!!

In the editor, when I'm initally asked to load database - only 14.3.0 and default show. Is this correct?

That's correct. 14.3.0 is the latest database, 14.3.1 is the latest patch.

Thanx Will! FM14 is complete at last, apart from MasterofSuspences logo-pack.

Starting a new career right away!

No problem mate and good luck :)

hi will, i was scrolling the file in order to understand how the reserve leagues run (i dream of a promotion/relegation system between the divisions to provide some 'dynamic' to the junior teams) and noted that (for example) in the League panel of the level 7 leagues you do not set any League for the relegated teams, while a League for the promoted teams is set (in this case the conference North/South); the same happens in many leagues down the pyramid: at each level, some leagues have specific leagues set for promoted/relegated teams, some don't. How does it run? Can it cause any problem in the future seasons?

Another question: I checked that most of the u18 and u21 leagues could be edited in order to allow promotions/relegations. However some are set in a different way and apparently cannot be edited under this point of view (for example the conference reserve League): why? how can i edit it to allow promotion/relegation also for these divisions?

thank you a lot, even for making the file editable, it makes us understanding the dynamics of the pyramid and the monster task you undertook!!!

Hi mate, I didn't want to introduce promotion/relegation for the reserve leagues as there's only promotion/relegation between each divisions, plus it's my own custom reserve pyramid I've made for the game. There isn't one in real life.

The reason I've left them as blank is because you can't set multiple competitions as where clubs can get relegated to. It still allows multiple relegations, and clubs who get relegated are allocated to their nearest league. It shouldn't cause major problems in future seasons, but you can never get it 100% so some clubs might move to the wrong league. I've tried to get it close to 100% as possible.

The Professional Development Leagues 2 and 3, Reserve League Levels 5-8 are all set up as multiple competitions, with the Conference Reserve League as a single competition. You can edit the promotion/relegations in each sub-division.

No problem at all, it's taken me from June/July last year to research information for the file.

That's correct. 14.3.0 is the latest database, 14.3.1 is the latest patch.

No problem mate and good luck :)

Hi mate, I didn't want to introduce promotion/relegation for the reserve leagues as there's only promotion/relegation between each divisions, plus it's my own custom reserve pyramid I've made for the game. There isn't one in real life.

The reason I've left them as blank is because you can't set multiple competitions as where clubs can get relegated to. It still allows multiple relegations, and clubs who get relegated are allocated to their nearest league. It shouldn't cause major problems in future seasons, but you can never get it 100% so some clubs might move to the wrong league. I've tried to get it close to 100% as possible.

The Professional Development Leagues 2 and 3, Reserve League Levels 5-8 are all set up as multiple competitions, with the Conference Reserve League as a single competition. You can edit the promotion/relegations in each sub-division.

No problem at all, it's taken me from June/July last year to research information for the file.

Therefore:

1) the only issue in leaving blank the League for the relegated/promoted team is a 'geographic' issue (non a great problem in my opinion)

2) i can edit the promo-relegation system in the reserve pyramid, but only up to the conference reserve League, since it's the pinnacle of the non-League reserve pyramid. There is no chance to link the conference reserve League to the development leagues, isn't it?

3) when editing the promo-relegation system in the reserve pyramid, can I just set the number of promoted-relegate clubs without setting the specific division in which they play the next year? does the game put itself the clubs in the upper/lower level of the reserve pyramid, provided the total number of the relegated teams from a level is set equal to the total number of the promoted teams from the level below?

4) so the editor 'reads' the reserve leagues vs the senior leagues and manages to put the clubs (randomly) in the divisions on the basis of the League level set in the editor?

Therefore:

1) the only issue in leaving blank the League for the relegated/promoted team is a 'geographic' issue (non a great problem in my opinion)

2) i can edit the promo-relegation system in the reserve pyramid, but only up to the conference reserve League, since it's the pinnacle of the non-League reserve pyramid. There is no chance to link the conference reserve League to the development leagues, isn't it?

3) when editing the promo-relegation system in the reserve pyramid, can I just set the number of promoted-relegate clubs without setting the specific division in which they play the next year? does the game put itself the clubs in the upper/lower level of the reserve pyramid, provided the total number of the relegated teams from a level is set equal to the total number of the promoted teams from the level below?

4) so the editor 'reads' the reserve leagues vs the senior leagues and manages to put the clubs (randomly) in the divisions on the basis of the League level set in the editor?

1) It's only for multiple competitions which a league can relegate to, i.e. the North West Counties which has six feeders. If a league has one feeder league (like the Kent Invicta) I include where they relegate to.

2) Yeah, you can do, but you'll have to add promotion/relegation from those leagues. You can make them promote to the PDL, but make PDL3 have a relegation play-off for all four sub-divisions.

3) Yes you can, it should do, but include what division they get promoted to. I haven't set any boundaries for the reserve leagues as they stay in the same leagues season after season.

4) I've got the next division set to the same division as they're in. All the reserve leagues are custom and not dynamic.

Couple small things I noticed:

1) Some of the 3 letter identifiers for competitions don't seem to be working. For example the FA Cup on my smaller upcoming fixture list is blank. Seeing the same thing for the new Under 18 and Under 21 cups when I get the results. The actual reserve leagues do have the abbreviation however.

2) The names of the premier league and other leagues as well as cups are the generic names that come out of the box. I have an add on that changes the names of these but this doesn't seem to work here. This I am guessing is because you redid the structure for these leagues, so no big deal.

Otherwise everything is running well, albiet slow because of all the leagues going on. Really impressive work!

Couple small things I noticed:

1) Some of the 3 letter identifiers for competitions don't seem to be working. For example the FA Cup on my smaller upcoming fixture list is blank. Seeing the same thing for the new Under 18 and Under 21 cups when I get the results. The actual reserve leagues do have the abbreviation however.

2) The names of the premier league and other leagues as well as cups are the generic names that come out of the box. I have an add on that changes the names of these but this doesn't seem to work here. This I am guessing is because you redid the structure for these leagues, so no big deal.

Otherwise everything is running well, albiet slow because of all the leagues going on. Really impressive work!

Thank you for your comments.

1) I've turned off the cup ones, as some of them were too long as I used the same as the league, but then put C at the end of them. I haven't got any set for the U18/U21 cups either.

2) Yeah that's correct, I removed all sponsor names of competitions as some of them would make the league name too long. I don't like the shortened names either so made them the same as the full names. Same with the clubs.

About the game going slow, turn off your news subscriptions and set the detail level to none is what I've found to speed up the game.

1) It's only for multiple competitions which a league can relegate to, i.e. the North West Counties which has six feeders. If a league has one feeder league (like the Kent Invicta) I include where they relegate to.

2) Yeah, you can do, but you'll have to add promotion/relegation from those leagues. You can make them promote to the PDL, but make PDL3 have a relegation play-off for all four sub-divisions.

3) Yes you can, it should do, but include what division they get promoted to. I haven't set any boundaries for the reserve leagues as they stay in the same leagues season after season.

4) I've got the next division set to the same division as they're in. All the reserve leagues are custom and not dynamic.

Hi will, it's me again...a further question: if i want to revert to the default system for the u18 teams, which steps have to do? Did you de-activate the default system in some way or it still runs and when reaching (for example) the league 2 you are invited in the default u18 league?

Hi will, it's me again...a further question: if i want to revert to the default system for the u18 teams, which steps have to do? Did you de-activate the default system in some way or it still runs and when reaching (for example) the league 2 you are invited in the default u18 league?
Send me a PM and I'll talk you through it :)

Appreciate your work, but as i was sucked to my FM14 game right now, i'm probably not playing this update. In anyway, great, great job Will. Thumbs up for ever! :)

Cheers,

Bitner

Just started a game as Penzance in level 11 and they have a 3.2k wage budget. That can't be right surely? Is this easy enough to tweak in the editor, and if so, what is a realistic wage budget for that level?

Just started a game as Penzance in level 11 and they have a 3.2k wage budget. That can't be right surely? Is this easy enough to tweak in the editor, and if so, what is a realistic wage budget for that level?
I've noticed a lot of Level 11 clubs now have a high wage budget, there's nothing I can do to fix it unless I made all of the clubs amateur.

I've noticed a lot of Level 11 clubs now have a high wage budget, there's nothing I can do to fix it unless I made all of the clubs amateur.

It's a real mistery, even setting in the editor does not solve it, it's as it's hardcoded and random. Morevoer, I tired also the EEE file, and at the lower level (8th) they have the same problems, some club come with and incredible high wage budget, therefore i don't think it's related to the specific file

With reference to the 'longevity' of the file, has anyone tried it over the years? is it stable and reliable (apart from the odd geographic issue, it's not relevant to me)? promotions/relegations/crashes of any kind???

Like all files of this type, before I start a career I'll crash test it.

I'll keep you and everybody else updated on this thread.

...what about the crash test? do you launch a game and go on Holiday to check any crash?

Yes... along with any other irregularities. Though it is promising that this file has been out for a few weeks now and nobody has had any major problems with it.

Big testament to Will's work.

Yes... along with any other irregularities. Though it is promising that this file has been out for a few weeks now and nobody has had any major problems with it.

Big testament to Will's work.

i'd be curious to know about any multiple-season save, in particular at level 11, the 42-teams playoff is a real challenge...

that's because at level 11 the game is really unplayable, it takes ages to progress, even setting all the details/news to nothing...

If you want, I can talk you through the changes I made for Level 11 to make it playable at Level 10?

I haven't found the speed too bad and I've got Level 12 loaded as well.

Crashed tested my first season. Thankfully it doesn't crash dump when the season changing date passes.

Only minor problem so far is the team that won Sheffield Hallam County League Premier Division is playing in the Kent Invicta League and a few other teams have entered various leagues with questionable geographical positions.

Quick question. I am going to be starting a save with a Skrill South team. Should I use the default database or yours? Any significant changes made to the clubs and leagues that already come with the default database? (levels 1-6)

Hi all, I'm trying to add my local side, Chepstow Town and their rivals, Caldicot Town, into the Gloucester County league (level 11), replacing one of the reserve teams in that league and I keep getting the error: Teams in Local Leagues - Level 11 need to be assigned to either parent division or child division not both. As far as I can tell it is only assigned to the child division.

Has anyone encountered this before, or solved it?

Thanks.

Quick question. I am going to be starting a save with a Skrill South team. Should I use the default database or yours? Any significant changes made to the clubs and leagues that already come with the default database? (levels 1-6)

To add to this, I am going to start the save as the Concord Rangers since they are one of the worst in the Skrill North/South. In the default database, their value is 120K, in your database their value is 18K. What happened there?

Archived