The Quest for Glory - A VfR Mannheim Career

B.W.G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kontermann - They don't look like slipping up any time soon as we dropped more points so there is only a 3 point gap.There's a possibility of a couple of midfielders that could do well here and maybe another striker but that is it.It maybe strange but it is the case even if I did have to check up on it :D

AK22 - Cheers fella :D They are a tough team and it will probably go down to the wire even if they are not the strongest team in the division.

abulezz - We're now at unbeaten in 20 and Reutlingen are only three points behind us which is annoying.In the future,most of the youngsters will probably be German,French,Brazilian or Argentinian as they appear to be the strongest I've seen.

150px-VfR_Mannheim_zps510364b6.png

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - December 2013

Fixtures

a50c216e-fd56-4d96-8399-2662b29191c8_zpsc22cabaf.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zpsa2b0e83c.png

Manager's Thoughts

A very quiet month saw one very pleasing performance and one disappointing performance.The draw against Villingen was very disappointing even if we did have two defenders suspended,we conceded two very silly goals but it shows that outside our first XI,we actually have a pretty weak team so we need some players just to strengthen the depth.The win against Karlsruhe II was more encouraging as came from behind to win which is quite an unusual occurrence but it keeps us in a good position at the top of the table.The gap has been reduced to three points due to us drawing in the month but credit to Reutlingen for keeping up with us for this long.

The new year and January are here and we will play five games in total.For the friendlies we will play KV Mechelen and Osnarbruck,KV Mechelen are a Pro-League side while Osnarbruck are a 3.Liga side so both should be much better quality than us and are bigger teams so it will be a good test to see where we are.The league games we play are against Heidenheim II,Walldorf and Bruchsal.The games against Heidenheim II and Walldorf are both home ties so hopefully that will give us a advantage but I am looking to get over the disappointment of our last home game,Walldorf are a solid team and their position reflects that while Heidenheim II are in a fight against relegation.The away trip is to Bruchsal and I feel we can win that game as they are bottom and struggling so hopefully we can keep their miserable run going!

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - January 2014

Fixtures

4b0fecf8-e09c-48df-8a7f-84f80976d20d_zpsb5e6b3cb.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zps427d0d44.png

Manager's Thoughts

With regards to the friendlies,we were massively outclassed by Mechelen but that was to be expected as they are a top flight Belgian team so to keep it down to a 2-1 scoreline was encouraging,I was impressed with the victory over Osnabruck as they are a 3.Liga side so to beat someone two divisions higher is always impressive,even more so when they are a mid-table side!As for the league,Heidenheim II are lucky they didn't concede more than four as we were that dominate.The home tie against Walldorf was a thriller despite only having a scoreline of 2-1 as it was end to end stuff so credit to Walldorf for making the match entertaining!As for the trip to Bruschal,it wasn't exactly one sided but we were the much better team when it came to set pieces as three of our four goals came from them so it's good to see training pay off.We've now opened up a 6 point lead but that is still pretty close considering we have 15 games left to play so anything can happen between now and then.

February is a pretty quiet month as we play three games.We have home fixtures against Nottingen and Stuttgarter K II in which both of these are winnable but Nottingen have been in pretty decent form as of late so they will be quiet tough,Stuttgarter K II have a very weak defence so I will be looking to exploit that weakness so hopefully there will be goals in that game.The away trip to Kehl will be a very tough game as they are better at home then they are away and they have a pretty decent scoring record so it could be a high scoring game if the defences disappear.Hopefully we will pick up at least 7 points as that should turn the pressure up on Reutlingen as we chase the promotion playoff spot.

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - February 2014

Fixtures

246b7cf8-3a44-45a5-b387-3a5c84322cf9_zps07e84f68.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zps78e666e3.png

Manager's Thoughts

The most important thing for me which has come from this month is that we've managed to win all three games which has helped us increase the gap over Reutlingen to eight points with 12 games to go.We easily won our home fixtures for the month against Nottingen and Stuttgarter K II as neither team really put up much of a threat as both teams were pretty much dominated and the one goal we did concede was an own goal off our keeper!The Kehl match was a very different story,I feel we shouldn't of come out of the game with a draw,let alone a win as Kehl were the better side to be fair so we were rather fortunate to get a win out of the game but it means we now have a bigger gap at the top of the table and that is the most important thing.I am also very impressed with the 85 goals we've scored and it will be our goals that will fire us to the title and maybe promotion due to the league winners competing for a promotion spot!

March brings us our very first youth intake and I won't be surprised if it looks good as Germany tends to produce good regens as well as my team looking very weak outside the first XI so it will be no surprise if it looks good.As for the league games,we have another pretty quiet month as we play three games,two of these are away and the last game of the month is at home.We have trips to Spielberg and Hollenbach in which both are very similar teams and in similar positions and both could pose a bit of a threat considering they have home advantage.The last game of the month is a home tie against Bahlingen and it should be a very tough game against the team in 4th,the major strength is definitely their defence so it will be interesting to see the strongest attack vs the 2nd best defence in the league.From this month,I will happily accept five points due to have some tough fixtures but I do feel we could get more.

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - Youth Intake 2014

The Youth Candidates

VfRMannheimYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zps262423fd.png

The Hot Prospects

Bruno Miguel Teixeira - Report

Mathias Bergmann - Report

Gerd Paseka - Report

Hakan Hermann - Report

Manager's Thoughts

I know in my February update I said our team was pretty weak and it was weak outside our first XI but I was not expecting it to be this bad as a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds are better than pretty much our entire first team which is quite embarrassing from my point of view but I can't complain as the four I've identified are far too good and probably have the potential to be high 2.Bundesliga or low Bundesliga but I can't tell from an assistant's point of view as he can only do it by a Oberliga standard.Not sure if 14 year olds can play but there is no registration restriction in place so it should be easier to get them game time to help development but I am pretty excited as it gives our team some meat to it's bones although we are still lacking in the fullback positions but we now have a decent set up and will be able to get rid of the older players who won't make it.The future is very bright indeed.

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - March 2014

Fixtures

0286ac7b-b81c-4315-b5de-7f97b94bf10c_zps63bda357.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zps367e6512.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three games played and three games won as we continued with our quest towards the title although we still haven't fully shaken off Reutlingen.As for the away games,we did what we do best when we need to and that is score late goals.We dominated Spielberg but couldn't finish them off till the 82nd minute when Dehoust got his 32nd goal of the season but a win is a win.The game against Hollenbach was a lot more closer and if chances were finished then this would have been a high scoring game but Dehoust got a brace with the winner in injury time to clinch a 2-1 win.The game against Bahlingen was quite the thriller in the first half but died out in the 2nd half as we ran out 4-2 winners which took us to 93 goals for the season which is a new record,we need three more points to set a new record points total to steal it away from the other Mannheim side so that is my next goal.

We have five games left to play but only three of those are played in April.All eyes will be on the fixture on 26/4/14 as we go head to head with Reutlingen in what could be a title decider and we could possibly win it if results go our way in the run up to it,we have the home advantage and hopefully the fans will turn up in what could be a thriller.Before we face them,we play Ravensburg at home and travel to Balingen.Ravensburg are the weaker of the two sides so we should be able to beat them and it should be the game where we break the points total held by SVW Mannheim!Balingnen will be a much tougher game as they are one of the better sides in the division,there isn't a great deal of quality difference between 3rd and 7th so it will be a tough game for us.The beginning of the end is now and it's time to finish it off in style!

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - April 2014

Fixtures

d7a24acf-105e-43ca-b0ae-58b2e8ba7dbe_zps25c49315.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zps2f7bb55c.png

Manager's Thoughts

The major talking point of the month is that we only went and won the title in the game against Reutlingen so I guess it was really a title decider afterall!We easily beat Ravensburg in the first game of the month as Cambeis hit a brace in a game where we could have easily had 6 or 7 goals,it was also a game where we surpassed Waldhof's record points total!The game against Balingen was actually not in our favour as it was only due to our finishing that we got anything from the game as the opposition had a really bad day in front of the goal.The Reutlingen game was actually a close game but it lacked the finishing from both teams,Ralf Dehoust goes down in history as he scored the decisive goal from a rebound after Kyei had hit the post,it was the game that won us the title and got us a promotion playoff spot!

May has two league games to play and they are a home tie against Grunbach and a away trip to Freiberg.We already have the title wrapped up so the only thing left to do is score 100 goals and we only need one goal to do that so I really don't have to stress about the league stage so we can take it a bit easier.Not sure when the promotion playoffs are but I am going to guess at the end of May as the league games are the 10/5 and 17/5.Time to end the season with a bang!

b101 - They are great a great bunch.I had a feeling.I've got that feeling as well,think they have to be 16 so I can use them!

Liverbird93 - Cheers mate :D We did end the season unbeaten and that includes the playoff final so we got promotion as well.The youth candidates look like they have a lot of game time when they can play as it's cheaper than transfers and doesn't cost as much in wages!

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - May 2014

Fixtures

ff84c0bf-8871-4b3c-aa6b-cb5b89c296b2_zpsdcff07f3.png

League Table

Fuszligball-OberligaBaden-Wuumlrttemberg_OverviewStages_zpsc4191550.png

Manager's Thoughts

We did it,we got promoted at the first time of asking and I got myself a two year contract extension after the playoff!The game against Grunbach,we were way below par but we still made it past the 100 goal mark for the season as a late Kyei brace gave us a 2-0 victory in our last home game of the campaign which attracted a crowd of 1,637 people!The last league game of the season against Freiberg saw another later winner as we struggled to get a 2-1 win against a poor side so the players got a massive kick up the backside after the game.We went on to the playoff finals (no idea how the decision is made as there are semis as well!) where we faced FSV Frankfurt II,they were no match for us really as we dominated for the majority of the match and they scored with one of their two shots on target whereas we could have had more but our finishing let us down and it took us a while to finish them off but we did it!

Title won,promotion gained,roll on next season and bring on our rivals SV Waldhof Mannheim!

VfR Mannheim - Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg - End of Season 2013/14

2013/14 Transfers

Five players came in and zero left the club.All five of the players would strengthen the first team and would help us in the long term with the majority of them going straight into the first XI so it will give us a better team with slightly better depth at the club.

Competitions

Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg

League Table - Promotion Playoff

We made it look easy as we went the entire league season unbeaten with a record of 31-3-0 and we not only set a new points total but we also set a new record for goals scored so long may it stand!To be honest,it ended up being a walk in the park as we finished 11 points ahead of Reutlingen who came in 2nd.We did make a few defensive errors but nobody is perfect and the nearest to perfect was our attack,to only drop six points in 34 games is a phenomenal achievement and one which shall never be done again in this league!As for the Promotion playoff final,we the better team no doubt but we could have finished them off a bit quicker than what we actually did but we won the match and gained promotion which is the most important thing.Onwards and upwards!

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 13-14 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Players Stats for the season.

Top Scorer

Ralf Dehoust - 40 Goals

The 17 year old scoring sensation smashed all records of previous top scorers in the league as he hit 40 goals in 35 appearances,on top of this he provided 9 assists and averaged at 7.83 which is a phenomenal return.Dehoust is wanted by Bundesliga clubs such as Wolfsburg and HSV while 2.Bundesliga side Hoffenheim are also sniffing around him.He will easily make the step up to tier 4 level but he won't be 1st choice striker as we have signed someone who is a similar age to Dehoust but better but even so Dehoust could play at a level a couple of levels higher.Dehoust as a bright future at VfR Mannheim and hopefully we can keep him here.

Most Assists

Hans Kyei - 23 Assists

Kyei narrowly topped the assist chart with 23 which was two more than second placed Daniele Toch.Kyei played 35 times,scored 25 goals,provided 23 assists and averaged at 7.85 which was the highest average rating in the team.Kyei is a very talented player at this level but my biggest problem with him is the fact that he lets complacency slip into his game which I hate players who do that but he does pop up more often than not and he won't be out of his place next season,will be quite funny though as Kyei is a ex SVW Mannheim player and he now plays for us and we are fierce rivals so I can't wait for that game.His performances saw him pick up Fans Player of the Year.

Special Mention

Daniele Toch

The AMC had a fantastic season just behind the strikers as he played 35 times,scored 16 goals as well as provide 21 assists while averaging at 7.45.He performed brilliantly but just like Kyei,he was prone to complacency during games which is the one thing that annoys me the most but I put that down to the opposition not putting up much of a threat.Toch will be able to step up to the next level and will get plenty of game time to do so.He is pretty much maxed out so I am not expecting him to get much better but he is still a valuable player and is one of the senior members of the first team despite being 26!Hopefully he can carry on his performances into the new season.

Manager's Thoughts

We did brilliantly throughout the season as we went the season unbeaten even which in the end was 39 games as we won 36 and drew 3 as we won the Oberliga Badden-Würtemmberg title as well as winning the promotion playoffs.Most of this success is down to my attacking trio of Toch,Kyei and Dehoust as they contributed 81 of the 106 goals scored which is a remarkable return.We have a pretty solid squad anyhow and we will only need to add a few players and we will be set for next season,ideally we need a left back which I've already identified,already seen a striker who will give us a choice as he is more than good enough for 3rd choice as well as another goalkeeper as we are still weak in that area but we should be able to survive with ease,looking at it this early,I think we could finish in the top half!

At the end of the season,I signed a two year contract so the new contract now expires 2016 and I think we will be more than a solid team in the 4th tier by the time the contract expires so my aim is to be challenging among the top spots by then.There isn't any news with regards to facilities or coaching upgrades as we are £118k in the red and it will probably only get worse as it goes on,the chairman loves the club so he will be here for a while.Roll on next season where I get to lock horns with our fierce rivals SV Waldhof Mannheim where we will show that we are the top dogs in the rivalry!

Season     Division       League       Cup       Continental   Avg.Att        Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    Oberliga BW     1st         N/A          N/A          848        Promotion!

pearcey_90 - Cheers fella :D Tier 4 shouldn't be too hard so we could be there soon rather than later.

letissierandhenryaregreat - Thanks mate :D I think we will be in tier four for two season at most as the youngsters will be allowed to play from next season.SV Zweckel came 7th in Oberliga Westfalen last season,they are predicted for 7th for the new season.

VfR Mannheim - Fußball-Regionalliga Südwest - Pre-Season 2014/15

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Confidence - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Two players left the club who were not really going to make it as they were very weak players.Two players came in and they are already first teamers and will get a lot of action this season.Öztürk played at this level last season for Pfullendorf,he is a very bright prospect and refused to sign a contract at his previous club.Mohammed is a defender who can play centre back or left back and was a player for Bundesliga side Nurnberg,he was another player who refused to sign a new contract.I am looking a t a couple of MC's and a GK and we will be ready for anything.

Pre-Season Fixtures

3d5c868b-27a3-489d-b6cc-b0a1539bfaf3_zpsde12a00c.png

A relatively easy pre-season with some good results,most memorable was the 3-1 victory over Swiss Super League side Wil which is a brilliant result considering we're a 4th tier team.Don't think the season will be like pre-season due to the youngsters not being able to play till next season.

The Team

Team Report

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

Key Players

Andreas Bäuerlein - GK

Daniel Mohammed - DLC

Daniele Toch - AMRC

Siyar Öztürk - ST

A very solid spine for our first season in Tier 4.Bäuerlein and Toch were key players last season so I know what they are about and I know they can perform at this level of competition.Mohammed and Öztürk are both new signings who came in during the summer and will be able to slot straight into the first XI,Mohammed will primarily play at left back as our central defence should be strong enough for now.Öztürk will also be one of the main starters as I'll probably play him and Dehoust up front with Kyei on the subs bench as that will give us some cover up front for the season.

Manager's Thoughts

Not the ideal pre-season as I was looking to get a few more players in,especially in the centre midfield area as we are really lacking but there is time to get some in so all is not lost yet,would have also liked another goalkeeper as that would have made the position more secure with a decent backup but still have £375 p/w left in the wage budget which should get at least two players in.Other than that,everything went smoothly as the players regained fitness and the positive results have help keep the morale high.My aim for this season is mid-table at the very least as we have a good set of players who can play at this level but next season,our strong will be much stronger as we will have last seasons youth intake being able to play so in effect,this is the beginning of my two year plan,this is a realistic aim as I feel we can win the title next season if we don't do it this season!

Nothing going on regarding upgrades as the club does not have the money to do so and our finances will be pretty terrible for the foreseeable future and it will probably take a while for it to get back into the black.I've not longed signed a new two year deal and I will be looking to get promoted in the next two seasons as that should be a realistic aim.We will probably hit financial problems at the end of the season so may need to be bailed out by the chairman but I think my job will be safe if I we can keep overachieving.Time to show the Regionalliga what we're made of and it's time to make our rivals SV Waldhof Mannheim fear us!

VfR Mannheim - Fußball-Regionalliga Südwest - July 2014

Fixtures

14ba8618-0229-44df-bd96-d7c278eb14e8_zpsffedb2bb.png

League Table

Fuszligball-RegionalligaSuumldwest_OverviewStages_zps38949e74.png

Manager's Thoughts

We've made an excellent start to the campaign as we kicked off with two wins and seven goals to leave us top of the table on goal difference.The game against Ulm was a good one to kick off as they are the team predicted to come bottom and we easily disposed of them with a 3-1 win and they were lucky they didn't concede more as there keeper put in a really good performance as he saved 9 shots on target.The game against Kassel was remarkable as we were not even the better team but our finishing was much superior as we beat last seasons title winner by 4-1,although saying that,the shots we did have we could have had more if it wasn't for the woodwork!We've made two new signings so this will only help us in the future as it will give us a stronger team in the long term!

August is here and we play five games in during the month which includes our first ever DFB-Pokal game under my management.In the 1st round,we will face off against Bundesliga side Bochum and all I can really say about that is that it could have been worse as I am not expecting anything from it.In the league we face off against Trier,Elversberg,Homburg and Pirmasens.Elversberg will probably be the toughest of the four teams but I am might relieved to see their star striker leave the club as he joined Barcelona for £2.5 million!Pirmasens are the weakest of the four teams so I am expecting to win that game especially as we have the home advantage.The games against Trier and Homburg will both be tricky as they are top half teams so it will be important to see how we fair against them and whether I should up my aim.I'm hoping to get at least six points but think I may be able to get more.

VfR Mannheim - Fußball-Regionalliga Südwest - August 2014

Fixtures

1d7acbe6-4118-4900-9f8f-7a7d88086710_zps31362f1e.png

League Table

Fuszligball-RegionalligaSuumldwest_OverviewStages_zps051c24a8.png

Manager's Thoughts

First up the DFB-Pokal game against Bochum,it was a fairly even game but in the end the quality of Bochum prevailed so there isn't much we can do but it did give us some money as we received money from it being chosen on TV!As for the league,we won all four league games in which only Elversberg gave us a threat.Trier didn't really know what hit them till it was over as we dominated them from start to finish.Elversberg was a very tough game and they can be considered unfortunate that they didn't come away with a point as it was only our finishing that gave us victory,Öztürk 2nd goal was pretty spectacular as he chipped the keeper from 25 yards!Homburg game was pretty one sided as we were by far the better team and Homburg were pretty much restricted to long shots.The game against Pirmasens was closer than the scoreline suggests but we still deserved to win.We are one of two teams with a 100% record so it looks like it could be a two horse race again.

September brings us four games and I am extremely pumped up for two of them,the first one I am pumped up for is the away trip to Offenbach which is the first game of September and it's a top of the table clash between the two teams with six out of six wins.The second game I am pumped up for comes on 20/9/14 as we have a home derby against SV Waldhof Mannheim,that is one game I really want to win!The other two games during the month are against Freiburg II and Großaspach,both teams are draw specialists of the division with already have three draws each out of six games at most but Freiburg II's defence is weaker and we have home advantage against them so I think we can win.Großaspach will be an extremely tough games as they are unbeaten and have a very good defence so I won't be surprised if it was a draw!My aim is seven points for the month but I think we can do better.

Thanks mate and it's good to see us continue that way :D It is indeed the same format,League winners go into a promotion playoff,not sure how it works out though as there are five regionalliga leagues and only three spots for promotion!

Archived