FM14: Tottenham Hotspur - "“ Sold Elvis and bought The Beatles..."

enders357

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starts out at Atlético, and I remember you talking about starting an Atlético save ;)

IRL as well as in FM, he's a great talent as a potential world-beater box-to-box player. Physically strong, technically well-rounded, tactically reliable, ultra versatile... I guess you could almost label him a modern day Luis Enrique :) A long time favourite player of mine in the CM/FM series... Several years he had a green dot in almost EVERY position on the tactics screen. You could basically put him anywhere on the pitch, and he'd perform!

I am curious to staffing replacements that others have used.

I am slowly grinding through the original coaching staff (a lot of very expensive buyouts!), but my best choice so far has been replacing Freund with a guy named Ton Bruins Slot. Nothing like stumbling upon Johan Cruyff's assistant in the ranks of the unemployed! I have also picked up Bernhard Peters from Hoffenheim as my new Youth Director in the hopes that I can spit out a ton of good HG talent in the next few years.

I am curious to staffing replacements that others have used.

I am slowly grinding through the original coaching staff (a lot of very expensive buyouts!), but my best choice so far has been replacing Freund with a guy named Ton Bruins Slot. Nothing like stumbling upon Johan Cruyff's assistant in the ranks of the unemployed! I have also picked up Bernhard Peters from Hoffenheim as my new Youth Director in the hopes that I can spit out a ton of good HG talent in the next few years.

Check out Roberto Fresnedoso, here he is on my save, pretty much the perfect AM to me.

MsoZ3d9.jpg?1

EDIT: Read it wrong, thought you said you were after a new AM, sorry about that. Will keep it there as it may help someone else.

Starts out at Atlético, and I remember you talking about starting an Atlético save ;)

IRL as well as in FM, he's a great talent as a potential world-beater box-to-box player. Physically strong, technically well-rounded, tactically reliable, ultra versatile... I guess you could almost label him a modern day Luis Enrique :) A long time favourite player of mine in the CM/FM series... Several years he had a green dot in almost EVERY position on the tactics screen. You could basically put him anywhere on the pitch, and he'd perform!

Busted ;) I didn't get very far with that Atletico save. I have a habit of starting a save, doing all the preseason stuff and then getting bored.

I've seen him play a few times IRL but never had him on FM14.

So angry - David Moyes and Man Utd habe turned Kyle Walker's head. I tried to convince him to stay and he wasn't interested; his morale plummeted to abysmal and he's got 5.9 ratings in the two games since. Utd have come in with £16m and I think I'm going to have to take it.

So... right back recommendations?

So angry - David Moyes and Man Utd habe turned Kyle Walker's head. I tried to convince him to stay and he wasn't interested; his morale plummeted to abysmal and he's got 5.9 ratings in the two games since. Utd have come in with £16m and I think I'm going to have to take it.

Unless you've sold him, Kyle Naughton?

Sebastian Corchia, Mattia De Sciglio, Gino Peruzzi, Sime Vrsalkjo, Marvin Montoya, Nat Clyne. To name a few :p

Try and get Clyne, if you want to keep a good number of national players up!

Side note, i've made it to January for once without any major issues Enders!! :p

1st of January and I'm 4th, hard to pick out a key performer, but would probably be Kaboul, has been very strong at the back.

Interestingly, Holtby has had a bit of a run in the side. A player I really rate in real life so I'm glad I can fit him in the first team fairly often! He hasn't set the world on fire, but 3 goals and 3 assists in 8 games is fairly decent for what most people consider a bit-part player in the side!

Quick update on my game;

Not long finished the 3rd season, completed the treble, won the league with 90 points (11 points clear), won the League Cup and the FA Cup.

Man United really struggled, I was hoping they did as bad as possible, so I can sign Januzaj, in the end they finished 10th, sacked Moyes straight after the last game...

They then approached me, and offered me an interview, I accepted (just to see what they said) at the start. Then I really started to consider it, and in the end, when they offered me the job, I accepted.

In the interview, they offered me £20m to spend, but about a week or so later, that got upped to £79m as the chairman provided cash injection. I got rid of what I considered to be the deadwood, the likes of Nani, Kagawa, Rafael, Valencia and a few of the bad signings which they made.

I brought in Kurt Zouma, Luke Shaw, Benteke, Griezmann and Salah on loan. Considering the money I had available to me, very few decent players wanted to join, no surprised really, as I am not even in the Europa League and entered the League Cup in the 2nd round, a first for United?

Played two games in the league, lost away to Norwich, they just won the Championship, Leroy Fer scored an outrageous free-kick. I then beat Chelsea and my number one enemy Jose Mourinho 3-0, which really satisfied me as he always gives it loads before I play him.

Is anyone else suffering a lost of money after the board announce the build of New White Hart Lane? I'm in January 2015 and I'm £4m in the red. It may not sound a lot, but I like to keep on top of my finances. We are project to make £40m but I don't find that very accurate at times.

Been lurking for some time now, but thought it was my time to get involved in the talks about the greatest club ever.

I've just finished my 4th season with Spurs. And what a season!!

Before I go into depth with my current squad and season I will just do a quick summary of the other seasons.

1st season I finished 4th, in what was a somewhat season to forget.

2nd season I finished 1st and won the Capital One Cup.

3rd season I once again finished 1st and won the Capital One Cup.

And now onto my 4th season, which I just finished:

I won the FA Cup for the first time, I won the league once again making it three consecutive wins. And last but not least I won the Champions League for the very first time!! Ohh what a joy to be the Manager of Tottenham Hotspur!

Tactic:

I've used the same tactic for all my seasons, however I've done some slight modifications throughout the years, the latest edition being "Hit early crosses", which has really made my forwards even more efficient.

sKvIL8P.jpg

Some of my finest regens:

Brian Baxendale

He has come through my own academy, and has really stepped up in the last season taking the no. 9!

tvVMsD2.jpg

Greg Taylor

Once again a product of my own academy, still with loads of potential for development.

qTK7gsh.jpg

Joel Goodyear

Another product of the academy.

OkXWSsd.jpg

Vincenzo Giacobazzi

Snapped him up from Spezia on the cheap. Loads of potential. Him, Balanta and Taylor is planned to rock the defence for many years to come.

ZwklZCQ.jpg

Didac Pascual

Bought in from Mallorca a couple of seasons ago. Huge potential to take on after Eriksen at some point.

Pq6gm02.jpg

I have many more talents in the pipeline, however these were some of the biggest once, that I really expect will come good (more so than they already are at least).

If you have any questions then feel free to ask :).

dino yeah same think have about a balance of 80mil they said they had been able to build the stadium without extra loan financing partly due to stadium sponsership total cost was about 220mil i think 75 from selling WHL then around 150 from sponsership so i thought great no loan repayments but the current balance shows 80 in the bank they gave me 120mil to spend on players finances are rich yet, i have sponsership payments of around 70/80 a season not including any cup win bonuses/tv bonuses so am at least making a decent profit, have made a + 30 mil over 3 seasons based on buying and selling, yet my projected balance for this season is 75 mil in the red which i cant work out. Is it beacuse of the stadium being built?

This kid is having such a massive season for us. Never had anyone perform like this way before on FM14. He's keeping Wilshire out of my best eleven and giving the opposition defences hell along with Dongou, with Dongou playing as an AF and Andre as a Trequartista in the AMC position.

ap8vs.jpg

This kid is having such a massive season for us. Never had anyone perform like this way before on FM14. He's keeping Wilshire out of my best eleven and giving the opposition defences hell along with Dongou, with Dongou playing as an AF and Andre as a Trequartista in the AMC position.

Aaaaand two matches after this, the kid is out for 8 to 10 months after a robust challenge from Ryan Shawcross damaged his cruciate ligaments. That f*cking b*stard. Fuming. And Shawcross didn't even get a yellow card.

A quick update!

I finished my first season in 4th and won the Europa league not a bad start given the issues i've had with spurs so far this year!

Transfers in:

Alex Sandro - £10m

Kevin Strootman - £11.5m

Martin Montoya - £2.8m

Notable Transfers out:

Chadli - £5m (I don't play with wingers & he became unsettled so sold to Newcastle)

I've just started the second season, played 7 games with 6 wins and 1 draw (all competitions) - Including a win against Barcelona in the Super cup & a 2-0 win against Man Utd at Old Trafford. Transfers for the second season are a bit more interesting:

Transfers In:

Ross Barkley - £12m

Pedro Obiang - £27m (a big signing, really hope this pays off!)

Will Hughes - £15m

Notable Transfers Out:

Defoe, Soldado, Adebayor, Townsend, Lennon (No wingers or strikers in my tactics!)

A quick update!

I finished my first season in 4th and won the Europa league not a bad start given the issues i've had with spurs so far this year!

Transfers in:

Alex Sandro - £10m

Kevin Strootman - £11.5m

Martin Montoya - £2.8m

Notable Transfers out:

Chadli - £5m (I don't play with wingers & he became unsettled so sold to Newcastle)

I've just started the second season, played 7 games with 6 wins and 1 draw (all competitions) - Including a win against Barcelona in the Super cup & a 2-0 win against Man Utd at Old Trafford. Transfers for the second season are a bit more interesting:

Transfers In:

Ross Barkley - £12m

Pedro Obiang - £27m (a big signing, really hope this pays off!)

Will Hughes - £15m

Notable Transfers Out:

Defoe, Soldado, Adebayor, Townsend, Lennon (No wingers or strikers in my tactics!)

What are your tactics then, Pep? ;)

dino yeah same think have about a balance of 80mil they said they had been able to build the stadium without extra loan financing partly due to stadium sponsership total cost was about 220mil i think 75 from selling WHL then around 150 from sponsership so i thought great no loan repayments but the current balance shows 80 in the bank they gave me 120mil to spend on players finances are rich yet, i have sponsership payments of around 70/80 a season not including any cup win bonuses/tv bonuses so am at least making a decent profit, have made a + 30 mil over 3 seasons based on buying and selling, yet my projected balance for this season is 75 mil in the red which i cant work out. Is it beacuse of the stadium being built?

I just looked at my finances and I'm losing £2m a month. Hopefully that now I'm in the latter part of the season, I can get some competition money.

d4dbc33f-11ba-4074-91f5-79e13de0e8ff_zps17a82d5d.png

What are your tactics then, Pep? ;)

Haha will post when I'm home from work!

Forgot to mention that I also sold Holtby for £18m to psg, Initial offer of 13 which I managed to bump up. Didn't really want to sell but that money bought me Barkley who has made a great start.

Just completed my second season with Spurs, having finished a respectable 4th and won the Europa League in 2013/14.

I added a few players to my squad for the new campaign:

- Tomas Vaclik (£2.5m) as back-up 'keeper after I released Gomes and Friedel.

- Fabian Schar (£9m) from Basel. I'd lost Kaboul on a free after he refused a new deal. Schar has 4* potential.

- Ogenyi Onazi (£12.75m) from Lazio. I felt I needed another holding midfielder and had to shell out quite a bit but he looks a good prospect.

- Christian Benteke (£18.5m) - Finally managed to persuade Villa to part with their prized asset on deadline day after having 4 previous bids rejected. He took a while to get going

(ironically not scoring his first league goals until I beat Villa 5-2 at WHL) but ended the season on 17.

My only notable departures were Lennon, Defoe and BAE. The first two had not performed last season while the latter was never going to oust Ben Davies and Danny Rose from their left-back berth.

In terms of the Premier League, we went top in November after a 2-0 victory over surprise package, Southampton, and that is where we remained for the rest of the season partly down to an 18-match unbeaten run. We finished up with 91 points and 23 points clear of Man City.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/laner250290/BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa190330e.png

The Capital One Cup didn't last too long as I usually rotate my squad and give some of the fringe players a chance. We were knocked out by Chelsea on penalties in the 4th round. The FA Cup was a lot more promising, we were pushed close by a couple of Championship sides (a 5-2 win in a replay vs Bournemouth and a 6-4 win in a replay vs Blackburn) but we reached the final for the 2nd year running and, in a repeat of last year's final, we faced Chelsea. They out-played us last year but it was a different story this time round and the teams were a lot more evenly matched. It finished 1-1 after normal time and went all the way to a penalty shoot-out, we eventually won it 13-12 after 14 penalties each! (One of the longest shoot-outs I've experienced).

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/laner250290/TottenhamvChelsea_OverviewOverview_zps20c8b1b5.png

The Champions League handed us a tough group in the form of Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow and Steaua but we ended up finishing top of the group thanks to a shock victory over Bayern at home. They got revenge with a 4-2 victory at the Allianz. The knockout stages began with a relatively easy tie against Sporting CP, which we won 5-2 on aggregate. The Quarter Final draw then paired us with Man Utd, who had been struggling in the league and recently sacked David Moyes. We thoroughly dominated them in the home leg and took a 3-1 lead to Old Trafford, but conceded 2 first-half goals to let them back in. An away goal from Michael Dawson sent us through to a semi-final with Schalke. They had also been struggling in the Bundesliga and a fortunate 1-1 draw away meant that we just needed to win at home to reach the final. We cruised to a 3-1 victory thanks to a Benteke hat-trick. It was an all-English final in Berlin as we faced arch nemesis Chelsea once again. However, a truly wonderful first-half display saw us 3-0 up at the break and we added to that with 2 more early in the second before they scored a late consolation. The treble was complete.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/laner250290/TottenhamHotspur_FixturesSchedule_zps543a40bc.png

So, a massive over achievement as the team exceeded my own expectations. I shall aim to retain the Premier League next season and would like to complete the set with the COC. The squad doesn't need much doing to it over the summer but there are a few areas I'm looking at, while I also want to get a few more impressive youngsters in as my own crop are not up to scratch despite an upgrade in facilities. Currently awaiting my budget for the new season.

In terms of stand-out players, I'd have to say Eriksen was my player of the season and he has really made the no.10 spot his own. Chiriches has been a rock at the back throughout the Champions League campaign with an average of 7.51. Interestingly Chadli has popped up with a few vital goals throughout the season and despite only having 3* potential is a player I'll most likely keep around. Both full-backs are outstanding and are moulding into the CWBs that I want them to be, Ben Davies has even managed 3 goals with some late runs into the box.

Just three quarters through my first season with Spurs. After a VERY slow start we've began to pick up some points.

It took me until around September before we started to climb the table, sitting in 14th for a few weeks, it actually got to the point of being "very insecure" before the tide began to turn. Now I'm sitting comfortably in the top half of the table and still in all cup competitions. I have Chelsea in the League Cup Final so hopefully I can return with the trophy.. I'd be very happy with at least that for the season securing European football for the next year. I still have hopes of finishing in the top 6 and getting further in the Europa League so I'll fill you lot in once I'm done..

I've struggled to get the best out of Soldado and Lamela like a lot of people on here it seems. Hopefully next season it'll click and we'll not be forced to sell them on..

I've made a few signings who will hopefully become great over the next few seasons, one who has slotted in perfectly already and one who should probably be retired by now...

In: Ryan Gauld for £3m, John Souttar for £1.1m, Richardo Zivkovic for £550k, Leandro Damiao for £5m, Javier Pastore for £14m and Freddy Kanoute on a free in January.. Freddy has only played once for me but scored 4 in the second leg of the League Cup Semi Final against Southampton, so I think he's more than earned his keep!

Out: Jonathan Obika for £100k to Bournmouth.. I would have liked to sell some more but no one came in for the likes of Defoe and Lennon so hopefully they can go next year when I start to properly build my own team...

I've struggled to get the best out of Soldado and Lamela like a lot of people on here it seems. Hopefully next season it'll click and we'll not be forced to sell them on..

I've neglected the thread a little recently but I will finally post later with my tactics and best players - Eriksen and Lamela are flying using the tactic. With Eriksen player of the season last year in the league. Real Madrid are sniffing around for Lamela but it's never going to happen! :D

Have had some tough times motivating myself into playing FM lately and so the reports have been few and far between, too. Thinking about starting a new save maybe, with Tottenham or some other team, as I'd love a new challenge. Seven (and a half) seasons in now with Spurs, so I wanted to give you some sort of a recap of how things have gone during those seasons.

Premier League:

29par6o.jpg

Community Shield:

r8uyw9.jpg

Capital One Cup:

2ls9vh3.jpg

The FA Cup:

2jbtf9v.jpg

Europa League:

fylsus.jpg

Champions League:

r92ws6.jpg

UEFA Super Cup:

m8iaug.jpg

World Club Cup:

5ehaow.jpg

The Trophy Cabinet, so far:

5v6j52.jpg

It's been a hell of a ride so far, but like I said might be looking for another challenge somewhere soon. Even though I've grown attached into my Spurs squad, so it might be difficult.. :)

Rightio, I'm finally posting.

My tactics aren't really the standard spurs ones, neither are they ones used in real life (unsurprisingly) - I've gone with no wingers or strikers and it's proving successful so far. I've put my strongest 11 in the screenshots.

Home Tactic

2yunmrp.jpg

This tactic pushes hard to win the ball back, with manual marking on key opposition players (GK and defenders) in order to stop creation of moves early.

Away Tactic

33vcg0l.png

Much the same as the home tactic, but slightly (only slightly!) more responsible at the back and with the instructions.

I won't go into too much detail with the tactics but if you want to know anything just ask!

Transfers

Season 1:

jb0mdd.jpg

I was still experimenting with tactics here, the tactics above didm;t really come into play until February, as such transfers are fairly ordinary. Alex Sandro and Montoya have gone on to become key players for me.

Season 2:

2vj63j4.jpg

I started to sign for key areas here, Barkely, Hughes, Obiang & Balanta are huge signings for the team and could serve for years to come providing none of them decide they wish to move on! In terms of the transfers out, the only loss here is Holtby - I was under no pressure to sell but the offer was good and meant Barkley and Hughes would become a reality. The other sales were either surplus to requirements or considered not to be worth the wages they were being paid!

Season 3:

4i1o3p.png

The big point here is obviously Vertonghen leaving. A great player for me, but again, the money was decent and allowed me to secure some homegrown talent. Signings in were mainly young players, looking to build for the future. At this stage i still have £39m left in the kitty - providing I suffer no horror injuries, this won't be spent (hopefully this will roll into next season!) as I'm very happy with the squad at the moment. By saving this I hope to make a couple of marquee signings at the start of the next season...it currently seems impossible but Pogba or Neymar sound like fun targets to poach!

Key Players

Key player has to be Eriksen, he has been phenomenal and will only continue to improve! Other mentionable players are Lamela, Siggie and.....Chiriches! Very surprising! He hasn't set the world alight but he has been very sturdy, PSG are sniffing around though, so a fairly large offer could be incoming and I will probably consider it!

Youth Academy

Really nothing to shout about here. Very disappointing! Most future prospects are being bought in...hopefully a few upgrades can help out here!

Results

2013/14: Euro Cup winners, 4th in the League

2014/15: Euro Super Cup (lol!) winners, 2nd in the league

2015/16: JUST STARTED - currently 1st in the league after 10 games...we will see how this one goes!

I'm back.

I left to join United, I enjoyed it at the start, and was doing reasonably well, was going to load up my Spurs game again (I saved it before I went to Man United), but it is just weren't the same.

So I've decided to start again, going to keep my tactics exactly the same, sign Baines again, bit of a no brainer really, and this time keep Adebayor and Dawson.

Might try and develop Lucas Romero early doors, he was an absolute animal on my previous Spurs game.

Any news on when the official data update is due? Getting a bit bored with this save as it's all started to get a little bit too easy, as I'm well on my way to a sixth Premier League title in last seven seasons. Thinking about starting a new Spurs save after the update, as I think it would be too weird playing with any other team. :)

Was early March last year. I'm killing time on a Southampton save until the new update.

So it could be three to four weeks still. Oh well, maybe a little break from FM wouldn't do me no harm either. :) Looking forward to starting a new save, though, and also starting to give frequent updates here right from the start, as the updates aren't that interesting to other people now, eight seasons in, with all the newgens in the team.

A quick update on my Spurs save. We are early in February 2015 and I have reached the Cap1 Final (against Liverpool, who are crap), the 5th round FAC (against Liverpool) and are battling with ManU and Chelsea for the BPL. I have also reached the knockout stages of the Champs, but those matches against Schalke are still a couple of weeks away.

January business:

Brought in Nicusor Stanciu and Mats Daehli for cover, with Daehli being loaned back to the selling club.

Also signed Rakitic on a pre-contract for the summer. Couldn't pass up the chance.

The reason for the cover? In December and January I was hit with a rash of serious injuries. Both Lamela and Carroll tore their hamstrings, Jonathan Silva broke his back, and Andros Townsend did something serious (can't remember). At the same time I have had a CB out at some point almost the whole season, EXCEPT when Silva was hurt, and of course my only cover for Alex Sandro at LB are Balanta and Vertonghen.

All that to say, I am thrilled to be where I am having to deal with a shrunken squad and the fixture congestion that comes with still being in all competitions for December and January.

Stanciu has been the best I could hope for. He can slot anywhere in AM, as well as M© and he has created 5 goals in 6 appearances so far.

Has anyone had an issue with Soldado being as hot and cold in FM as he is IRL? He is missing sitters for 3 matches straight, then pulls a beautiful curling shot in the 4th match. The only time he is reliable to score is from the spot.

Season 2012/22 coming up and the pre-season friendlies were just scheduled by my assistant manager and there are Testimonials for both of my original players that are left from the start of the game, Sandro and Walker, which is cool! :)

Season 2012/22 coming up and the pre-season friendlies were just scheduled by my assistant manager and there are Testimonials for both of my original players that are left from the start of the game, Sandro and Walker, which is cool! :)

Walker demanded a move to Man Utd in Jan 2014 in my save :(

DosSantosFC -- I use the Snipping Tool on Windows and Grab on a Mac. Lets you take just a bit of the screen instead of the whole thing.

Another small update on my second season. Into March and I beat Liverpool 3 times to move on in the FA Cup and take the Capitol One Cup. All matches were draws and the FA replay and Cup final were won on penalties. Not stressful at all... Glad I don't play them again the rest of the season.

Champs league came back too. And Roberto Soldado continued his hot/cold streak by beating Schalke 5-1 all by his lonesome in the first leg (away in Germany). Have a picture on my other computer and will post when I get home. 3/5 were from the spot! We lost 2-1 on the return leg, but I played some of my fringe players to keep legs fresh. I have been hit by another spate of injuries, one of which was a knee problem for Eriksen and then a dislocated shoulder for Eriksen DURING RECOVERY!

But I push on. I haven't gotten my next draw in the Champs League yet, but my incoming youth team looks good... 3 4* potential players and 1 3.5*.

ttsf.png

The Spurs fans hating signing Arsenal players is a myth, well atleast on FM. :) I've had Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshire and even Özil on my Spurs team with no problems. O-C was even fans player of the year his first season at Spurs. Özil only spent one season with me, 'cause he didn't perform, but O-C and Wilshire have been in my starting eleven for a few seasons already. Though Wilshire is currently being outplayed by my 20 yo. French newgen by a mile and might have to go 'cause he's on way too big wages for a second-eleven player as my biggest earner with £180K/w.

the thought of jack wheelchair in a spurs shirt makes me feel sick i hate that little pr*ck!!

This is why this forum needs a 'like' button!

I would certainly never sign Arsenal players on my save. Interesting though that R1ku says the fans on FM don't have a problem with the signings. When I was messing around once I took the Inter job and scouted Andrea Pirlo because he was going to be on a free but the scouts said the fans' disdain for him (after years at AC Milan) would have to be considered so I assumed that would have gone down badly. I guess maybe he's a legend or favoured personnel at AC though so that may make a difference.

I am pushing on until the data updates. Even then I think I will only start over if the current youth teams get any bumps. I play slow though, and have only entered Mid-July on my third season.

Season two wrap-up:

Ended up getting 2nd in the league on the last day by winning to a Chelsea loss (Champions were ManU)

FA Cup final was played against Chelsea and I lost

Champions League Final was played against Chelsea (There has been a pattern of going up against them in almost every important match I play) and I lost on penalties.

My current career record against Chelsea (2 seasons) is 10P 2W 2D 6L and one of those wins was against a seriously depleted Chelsea side in the 2013-14 season in an FA cup tie that was played over an Intl date.

Archived