FM14: Tottenham Hotspur - "“ Sold Elvis and bought The Beatles..."

enders357

I'm going to stick with Ade, see how he gets on.

Baldini couldn't do a deal for Mandzukic so unless a great opportunity presents itself I'll stick with Soldado, Ade, Defoe and Kane as my four strikers.

Filipe signed for £13m as left back. Kolarov was cheaper but Filipe seems better all round. My only major concern now is a back up keeper as Gomes and Brad aren't good enough. That said, if Lloris stays fit the back up won't play a single game anyway.

I have too many midfielders and wide players for my system.

Centrally its: Sandro, Dembele, Eriksen, Paulinho, Capoue, Holtby. I love Holtby IRL so want to use him but can see him getting lost in the mix. Utd are sniffing round Sandro, he's great but if I can get big money I might take it.

Wide I've got: Lamela, Siggy, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli. I'm loathe to part with any of them. I may retrain Chadli to play upfront as he could be a DLF.

I ended up sending Chadli out on loan to Schalke to get him playing time. I am hoping to sell Lennon at the end of the first season and bring Chadli back into the team. Sandro always gets a big offer for me at the start of a new game, and then turns that into contract extortion. If he wasn't the best player on the team, I would let him go. Next time a huge offer comes in I will take it. Capoue is good enough and I could probably get Wanyama for half of Sandro's sale value.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ended up sending Chadli out on loan to Schalke to get him playing time. I am hoping to sell Lennon at the end of the first season and bring Chadli back into the team. Sandro always gets a big offer for me at the start of a new game, and then turns that into contract extortion. If he wasn't the best player on the team, I would let him go. Next time a huge offer comes in I will take it. Capoue is good enough and I could probably get Wanyama for half of Sandro's sale value.

Starting to age, but Xabi Alonso is just brilliant, and can be picked up VERY reasonably - high wages and loyalty bonus though, so advantages and disadvantages.

I felt Gomes and Friedel were fine for the first season but let them both go when their contracts were up (£50k+ per week wages is too much on a back-up keeper).

Lloris has only missed about 5 league games in 4 years for me so I've never spent too much time worrying about the back-up. I generally try to bring a youngster with promise in to be third choice and then pick up the best available on a free each summer to be the main back up.

Keepers never get injured in the past couple of years. Lat year and so far this year, I don't even take a keeper on my bench. Yes, it is a risk, but I have honestly not had an injured keeper during a game for the entirety of of FM13 and FM 14 so far. The chance to take seven options for outfield is obviously a big plus. I am waiting for the day that I will rue it of course, but it hasn't happened yet. Also, I tend to put a keeper in for finals just incase the AI decides to screw me.

26 games into first season, and after my horror start where I was almost sacked, I have gone on a massive run and am now sitting fourth, one point behind Arsenal and with a game in hand. 5th is six points further back.

...........................................Lloris................................................

WalkerCWB(A).....Kaboul CD(D)..VertonghenCD(D)............RoseCWB(A)

.........................SandroBWM(D)...DembeleBTBM(S).........................

LamelaIF(S).......................EriksenAP(S)....SigurdssonAM(A).............

.......................................SoldadoP(A)..........................................

Control/Fluid

Push Up/Look For Overlap/Play Narrower/Retain Possession/Pass Into Space/Be More Expressive/Drill Crosses/Hassle Opponents and sometimes shorter passing depending on certain things.

I find that I am using this tactic for every game and only really switching to counter or attack when need be during games, counter for the start of a hard game and just tinkering with a few of the instructions. Nothing major.

If a team is scoring a lot of goals down one side when you look at the scout report then I will set the fullback on that side to being more defensive.

Due to my bad struggles early on I decided to be very consistent with tactics and try build some momentum up and it worked. You also have a very good back up team that slots in to all these positions apart from one of the fullbacks....

Lloris

Naughton

Dawson

Chiriches/Balanta

Rose

Capoue

Paulinho

Townsend/Lennon

Holtby

Chadli

Adebayor

is a very decent back up team for cup games. Obviously you can play about a bit from that with some signings or keeping some first teasers in, but the squad depth is absolutely brilliant for when the games come thick and fast.

No idea why anyone would keep Defoe and sell Adebayor first season. Adebayor is great to have around as a back up to Soldado incase he is slow to settle, and Defoe is well he is Defoe - limited, small, fond of an offside etc etc. I immediately punted him for 3.5m to Stoke.

Plan is to relieve myself of Ade's wages end of season 1 and see what I can get in leaving - Soldado, top level 20-25 year old, Barbosa joining.

Surprisingly I am thinking of selling Paulinho end of season 1. He has a high value and there is great depth in his position. I don't have anything against him, and he has played okay for me, but if he can get me £20m + to go and play with I will do it because Sandro/Capoue/Holtby and a returning Carroll are all about.

Lastly, I bought the in game editor and bumped up a few of the youngsters. I had the names of four youngsters ( Bentelab, Coulhirst, Winks and Onumah ) that are highly rated in real life put into a hat and a sliding scale - 1 player at 175 PA, 1 at 165, 1 at 150 and 1 at 145. My mate pulled them out of the hat one at a time and inputed one of each PA into each player without me knowing which ones are which. Also gave Carroll a small bump.

I dont usually do things like this, but there is a definite issue with the rating of our youngsters and I could easily have done the usual thing of going around the world mining for highly rated kids from far flung corners of the globe, but I didn't want to do that in this game. My remit is to make the squad as English as possible.

Lastly, I bought the in game editor and bumped up a few of the youngsters. I had the names of four youngsters ( Bentelab, Coulhirst, Winks and Onumah ) that are highly rated in real life put into a hat and a sliding scale - 1 player at 175 PA, 1 at 165, 1 at 150 and 1 at 145. My mate pulled them out of the hat one at a time and inputed one of each PA into each player without me knowing which ones are which. Also gave Carroll a small bump.

Ha, this is brilliant. I recently started a new save as Leverkusen and, even though I'm not managing them, I still couldn't get over how poorly rated the Spurs kids were and gave 3 or a 4 a little bump to what I felt was reasonable.

ALLLSO - If you figure out how to turn off or uninstall the editor let me know. I'm finding it really tempting having it sitting there, and I don't want to ruin my saves by doing too much tweaking (read 'cheating'!). When I first got in to these games years and years ago I used to do all the stupid little cheats (replaying matches, adding extra managers to buy my unwanted players for huge fees and/or forcing players out of the door of their clubs and towards mine) but I haven't done so for the last 3 or 4 incarnations of the FM series because I found it just made the game boring (and the sense of achievement without doing it is so much better!).

ALLLSO - If you figure out how to turn off or uninstall the editor let me know. I'm finding it really tempting having it sitting there, and I don't want to ruin my saves by doing too much tweaking (read 'cheating'!). When I first got in to these games years and years ago I used to do all the stupid little cheats (replaying matches, adding extra managers to buy my unwanted players for huge fees and/or forcing players out of the door of their clubs and towards mine) but I haven't done so for the last 3 or 4 incarnations of the FM series because I found it just made the game boring (and the sense of achievement without doing it is so much better!).

Go to Tools, right click FM Editor, Delete Local Content..

Is that what you mean?

Not sure, will check tonight. If that works, I'll be delighted. Got to take away that temptation to cheat!

Thinking of starting my Spurs save over with some new objectives to make it/keep it interesting. World domination being the main one, of course ;) Thinking of aiming for 5 PL titles and 3 CL titles in 6 or 7 years. Should take a while - always takes me a few years to build this squad up to title challengers.

Not sure how to turn it off sorry !

Well, my confusing season continues. Sitting comfortably in third and I go on to lose 4 out of 5 matches and am now 5th :-(

Squad morale has been low for a while and I can't work out how to fix it.....

- signed a new contract

- lowered training schedule

- praised players playing well

- criticised players playing badly

- held a team meeting where they all went green, then back to yellow a day later

Totally dumbfounded by morale and the ridiculous drop off of form.

Six games to play and if I don't win four of them my season will be thrown away with the possibility of my friend as Newcastle sneaking into the top four ahead of me. Gulp.

Same!! I almost feel embarassed to post screenshots because of that little spanner!! :o

I tried deleting local content but that doesn't work. It looks like it's in there for good.

Same!! I almost feel embarassed to post screenshots because of that little spanner!! :o

I tried deleting local content but that doesn't work. It looks like it's in there for good.

Ha same here! I must admit in my save though nothing at all has been altered! Going to post some screenshots I am proud of and can safely say nothing has been altered what so ever with the editor. I purchased the editor and haven't used it yet!!! Barkley and Hughes for me are turning into big players coming into season 4

Ha same here! I must admit in my save though nothing at all has been altered! Going to post some screenshots I am proud of and can safely say nothing has been altered what so ever with the editor. I purchased the editor and haven't used it yet!!! Barkley and Hughes for me are turning into big players coming into season 4

Glad I'm not the only one! Maybe it can be deleted in Steam.

Right, I'm definitely going to start a new Spurs save and I think Nabil Bentaleb deserves a boost to this stats at the start. What would you say were fair CA and PAs? I'm thinking 125/130 CA and 155/160 PA. Too generous? I'll probably boost his stats to make him a good deep lying playmaker and box to box midfielder.

I think a potential of 160 is fair. Of course, the advantage is that you know for sure what his PA is. Having talented youngster that you've bought and are pretty sure they are going to be great is all and well, but you have the little unknown factor that you never actually know their PA's. Bentelab's PA could be even higher than 160 arguably, but I think 160 is a decent level considering you have the advantage of knowing for sure how good hey can become.

96 out of 107 passes completed at the weekend there, 17 more passes then the next player in the PL and only 12 less than Xavi. Looks very promising

I think a potential of 160 is fair. Of course, the advantage is that you know for sure what his PA is. Having talented youngster that you've bought and are pretty sure they are going to be great is all and well, but you have the little unknown factor that you never actually know their PA's. Bentelab's PA could be even higher than 160 arguably, but I think 160 is a decent level considering you have the advantage of knowing for sure how good hey can become.

96 out of 107 passes completed at the weekend there, 17 more passes then the next player in the PL and only 12 less than Xavi. Looks very promising

Impressive amount of tackles and interceptions too. Very promising. Almost a shame that he won't get much of a look in when Sandro, Holtby and Paulinho are fit. Or maybe he will; Sherwood seems to prefer him to Capoue and I'm sure he'll rotate a little too.

Just noticed that when you start a new game there's an option to "prevent use of the in-game editor", along with the "turn off first window transfer budgets" and "do not use real fixtures" etc options. Maybe this can be accessed somewhere while playing.

EDIT: No, you definitely can't. I'm going to download the normal editor from the Tools section of Steam and make a couple of little tweaks (mainly to Nabil Bentaleb) and then start a new game without the IGE turned on.

Man Utd are just unstoppable on my Spurs save, I've only lost once, that was to them, but I've drawn 4 and they're 6 points in front already! I'm sitting in 3rd with Newcastle currently occupying 2nd position, been struggling to find a consistent tactic so I'll put that down to me drawing more than I'd have liked, but I seem to have settled on something so hoping to kick on now and progress, just in the process of overhauling the backroom/scouting team.

Impressive amount of tackles and interceptions too. Very promising. Almost a shame that he won't get much of a look in when Sandro, Holtby and Paulinho are fit. Or maybe he will; Sherwood seems to prefer him to Capoue and I'm sure he'll rotate a little too.

Rumours that Holtby is off, maybe out on loan back to Germany.

PSG are unstoppable in all competitions on mine. Won every domestic competition in season 2 and 3 and won champions league last 2 seasons as well. Got a great team as well lots of brilliant buys. Just finding Real Madrid and Man City sign people and don't play them. Looking for a few bargains when they become unhappy. Willian left Chelsea for 7M. Coutinho is transfer listed at Madrid for £7m but I have no need for him and looks to be on his way to Utd. Suarez struggles to play for Madrid as well. A lot of unhappy players. PSG are trying to juggle Herrera,Pogba,Khedira,Ayew + there trying to buy Kovacic off me as well as Balanta,Vetonghen,Mitrovic and Griezzman

PSG are unstoppable in all competitions on mine. Won every domestic competition in season 2 and 3 and won champions league last 2 seasons as well. Got a great team as well lots of brilliant buys. Just finding Real Madrid and Man City sign people and don't play them. Looking for a few bargains when they become unhappy. Willian left Chelsea for 7M. Coutinho is transfer listed at Madrid for £7m but I have no need for him and looks to be on his way to Utd. Suarez struggles to play for Madrid as well. A lot of unhappy players. PSG are trying to juggle Herrera,Pogba,Khedira,Ayew + there trying to buy Kovacic off me as well as Balanta,Vetonghen,Mitrovic and Griezzman

City, PSG and Madrid are goldmines. Often times, if I'm after a player and they bid high for them, I let them go there rather than match their silly bids - knowing there's a good chance I'll be able to pick them up a year later on the cheap when they're unhappy with a lack of game time.

Now in pre-season season 4. Highest earner is Lloris on £115k per week. Dembele has 1 year left on his £50pw contract and is demanding £120pw. What do you do?!?!?! 28 years old but still first teamer. Rotation is key for me. He rotates with Kovacic a lot and can also rotate with Eriksen,Barkley,Illarmendi, Hughes and Sandro!!! I usually play 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 so I do use 3 of them in a game and like I said they all get games. He is valued at £24m and his shirts are best sellers last 2 season and player of year season 2!!

Just completed my first season. Finished 3rd in the league, and got to the FA semi-finals. Not as good as most people, but I ran into a poor spell towards the end of the season and dropped out of Europa and FA Cup during that time.

At the first season I got Alex Sandro in at LB, and I am very pleased with him. I now have BAE returning from loan, and just sold Rose for 5.5 million (couldn't refuse). what are the suggestions for a backup LB? Keep BAE for a season, rely on Fryers, or who to buy that won't be upset if thet don't play a lot? Thanks.

Like I said in earlier posts, I can proudly say this team has not been tampered with. I have editor but for me it ruins the game and I cant get into it. Hopefully I'll be able to post a few screenshots soon. My tactic for the club (sounds sad) was for the first 3 seasons get a stadium built and spend as much as possible to create a team for the next 5-10 years in mind. My problem is once regens start coming into my team I do lose interest quickly so with the likes of Balanta,Doria,Zouma,Shaw,Werner,Meyer,Barkley,Hughes,Mitrovic,Benzia,Halilovic hopefully that wont happen soon. Stadium has just been built,havent played a game yet and have noticed stadium doesn't have a name yet?!?!?!

Fryers done nothing for me,BAE was sold for a couple mil I think, I still have Rose, he is very underrated always does very well for me and is worth £10m going into 4th season and him and Shaw rotate really well not a lot to choose from between the 2 performance wise. Santon is always a favourite for people but haven't signed him

Yes I would keep Rose as well. Young, English, good going forward if you play with attacking wing backs. Starts off on a low wage so it'll be a good while before his wages get to a high level. Just finished season 1 with him as my first choice wing back and I plan on selling Ekotto. Long term plan is to buy Shaw and have Rose and Shaw as the options.

Also, anybody else trained Naughton up on bullet throws ? Im finding Naughton to be far more useful than in real life. Has a high average rating, can cover either side and his bullet throws have been causing mayhem in the opposition box.

After a nightmare run, I won 5 of my last 6 league games including back to back victories over Chelsea And Man Utd inside four days. Finished third

Like I said in earlier posts, I can proudly say this team has not been tampered with. I have editor but for me it ruins the game and I cant get into it. Hopefully I'll be able to post a few screenshots soon. My tactic for the club (sounds sad) was for the first 3 seasons get a stadium built and spend as much as possible to create a team for the next 5-10 years in mind. My problem is once regens start coming into my team I do lose interest quickly so with the likes of Balanta,Doria,Zouma,Shaw,Werner,Meyer,Barkley,Hughes,Mitrovic,Benzia,Halilovic hopefully that wont happen soon. Stadium has just been built,havent played a game yet and have noticed stadium doesn't have a name yet?!?!?!

Yeah I don't use the editor, it's just so tempting to look at scouted players' PA - that's why I want to get rid of it!

Of course, you could use the editor to change the name of your new stadium to something more fitting than 'New WHL' ;)

That's a good point on the stadium name, I don't no though, I think once I use it that's it the magic would of gone!! Euan- Naughton is a player I seem to keep happy with him playin 15 games a season,just nice to have him as back up to both wing back positions. I do nothing with throw ins no instructions no individual taker tbh!

That's a good point on the stadium name, I don't no though, I think once I use it that's it the magic would of gone!! Euan- Naughton is a player I seem to keep happy with him playin 15 games a season,just nice to have him as back up to both wing back positions. I do nothing with throw ins no instructions no individual taker tbh!

Well I'm starting a new save (Had been playing around with a few lower league/more obscure saves recently). So when I do I'm going to be turning the editor off in the set up as Enders mentioned above.

I swear Spurs are cursed for me on 14.2 - No matter what I try I can't seem to get them going season 1. But we'll try again!

Well I'm starting a new save (Had been playing around with a few lower league/more obscure saves recently). So when I do I'm going to be turning the editor off in the set up as Enders mentioned above.

Started my new save minus editor last night. Even though I hardly used it anyway it feels so much better now that temptation is gone! Will keep you all updated on how I do - I spent last night getting through pre-season; setting up tactics (mostly how I did in the OP but with a 4-2-2-2 instead the 3-5-2), overhauling the coaching and scouting staff, and getting some board requests in (improve junior coaching and youth recruitment network). I always turn off first window budgets so the only signings I can make are loans with no fee - and I bought in Lucas Digne as back up to Rose on just such a season long loan.

Looking forward to getting home and playing my first competitive match... opening Premier League game of the season, at home to Arsenal!

Started my new save minus editor last night. Even though I hardly used it anyway it feels so much better now that temptation is gone! Will keep you all updated on how I do - I spent last night getting through pre-season; setting up tactics (mostly how I did in the OP but with a 4-2-2-2 instead the 3-5-2), overhauling the coaching and scouting staff, and getting some board requests in (improve junior coaching and youth recruitment network). I always turn off first window budgets so the only signings I can make are loans with no fee - and I bought in Lucas Digne as back up to Rose on just such a season long loan.

Looking forward to getting home and playing my first competitive match... opening Premier League game of the season, at home to Arsenal!

Interesting, deifnitely keep us posted! I'll have to have a serious sit down and figure out a tactic that works well. The dilemma is one striker or two. The quality in midfield is so strong that a 5 man attacking midfield makes so much sense, but then I struggle to get almost anything out of Soldado...

Guys i need help

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Andros Townsend

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £10 million

Offer: 13 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: ast

Patch: Latest

Season: End of January transfer window, 1st season

Man Utd made and offer of 8.5mill, i asked for 13mill hoping to scare them off but they accepted my offer and i dont know whether to accept it or not.

Ive got cover to last till end of season where i can get a replacement, just dont know whether to cash in now or not.

Hes played 14 games, scored 7 goals with 5 assists. Just looking at my squad, hes the best winger ive got whos producing the good. Lamela, Lennon and Chadri are ok but not assisted or scored as much.

Guys i need help

Man Utd made and offer of 8.5mill, i asked for 13mill hoping to scare them off but they accepted my offer and i dont know whether to accept it or not.

Ive got cover to last till end of season where i can get a replacement, just dont know whether to cash in now or not.

Hes played 14 games, scored 7 goals with 5 assists. Just looking at my squad, hes the best winger ive got whos producing the good. Lamela, Lennon and Chadri are ok but not assisted or scored as much.

I say take it. Lennon is the guy who makes the pass before the assist, Lamela should come on in the spring if given game time, and Chadli should do admirably as a backup.

Summer transfer window end of season one. I have been very pro active in my dealings, looking to strengthen the starting eleven, drumming up money selling good players who aren't first choice.

BUDGET 24M

SOLD

Paulinho - £19.25m to Monaco

Chadli - £9.2m to Atletico

Adebayor - £3.2m to Marseille

Livermore - £4.4m to Everton

Ekotto - £1.5m

BOUGHT

Baines - £17m

Aguero !! - £37m

Baines to solidify left back with Rose as his backup. I pushed for Shaw but in the end he was going to cost £25m odd, and Baines with his natural fitness 20 will be good for four + seasons and replaces some of the experience that I sold.

Carroll and Bentelab will both be retained in the squad and receive games that were previously played by Paulinho who rotated with Dembele. Man City finished 8th so I was able to court Aguero and unsettle him.

Spent my entire transfer budget which is very unlike me but Baines and Aguero is a massive upgrade to my starting team. Aguero to pal up with Lamela. Still awaiting Chadli money so that will comfortably replenish some transfer budget and leave me in the green.

Trying to go English in this one so future targets will include the likes of Barkley, Ward Prowse, Ledson etc

end of season one and dortmund have bid 19mil (full amount) for holtby and shakatar 24.5 mil (full amount) do i take the money and run ? Also of the 2 goalkeepers butland 10+4 future and casteels 3.7 who would u recommend can afford to get both as have around 70mil to spend not inc holtby's sale, was thinking of taking and picking up kovacic but i already have pogba who i rotate with dembele atm carrol will do a few games there so im abit stumped atm on what to do

I swear Spurs are cursed for me on 14.2 - No matter what I try I can't seem to get them going season 1. But we'll try again!

I am definitely convinced of this now! Haha.

Started Spurs again last night, stormed pre-season against various Bundesliga sides. As soon as the season starts:

Everton 1-1 draw

Norwich 1-0 loss

Chelsea 7-2 loss

Astonishing. I seem to be able to play quite happily with any other team....why can't I manage with the actual side I support! Oh the shame. :(

Ive decided to keep Townsend, see if i can get more at the end of season. At the moment hes the only wide player whos contributing. Most goals and assists. Lamela will com good so theres no chance of selling him.

Ive just made a cheeky bid for Javi garcia at Man City. Accepted my offer of 3mill. Bargain but not sure how he will fit into my team.

end of season one and dortmund have bid 19mil (full amount) for holtby and shakatar 24.5 mil (full amount) do i take the money and run ? Also of the 2 goalkeepers butland 10+4 future and casteels 3.7 who would u recommend can afford to get both as have around 70mil to spend not inc holtby's sale, was thinking of taking and picking up kovacic but i already have pogba who i rotate with dembele atm carrol will do a few games there so im abit stumped atm on what to do

Depending on who else you plan on selling I might take that - will Holtby ever play 30 odd games for you in a season ? He's a very useful player to have, but it could be that he gets more games for you in season 1 than he does going forward and therefore his value may never get quite as high. I did the same with Paulinho - I have plans in place to play other younger players more next year in Paulinho's position so I decided to take the £19.25m from Monaco and run. For that reason I have rejected a similar offer for Holtby because I don't want to rip up my squad too much

Guys i need help

I would sale. I think I got £10m off Newcastle end of season 2

I am definitely convinced of this now! Haha.

Started Spurs again last night, stormed pre-season against various Bundesliga sides. As soon as the season starts:

Everton 1-1 draw

Norwich 1-0 loss

Chelsea 7-2 loss

Astonishing. I seem to be able to play quite happily with any other team....why can't I manage with the actual side I support! Oh the shame. :(

Post some tactics that you use and perhaps it may need tweaking slightly to get best out of certain players

Sell him and get Kovacic highly recommeneded myself

Finished my first season as Spurs this afternoon. I managed an impressive 4th place finish in the league, pipping City and Arsenal on the penultimate matchday. Won the Europa League thanks to a thrilling final against Porto (finished 3-3 and we won 9-8 on penalties). Lost the FA Cup final 2-0 to Chelsea, who have been my nemesis this season!

My only signing in the first summer was Damiao (£6m) but he suffered 2 injuries and didn't get a game until late December. I'm not too impressed so far but he has scored the odd vital goal. I opted for Ben Davies (£11m) in the left-back role seeing as he is young, homegrown and fits my CWB criteria. My only other signing was young Swede, Simon Tibbling, on a free after his contract expired. He was loaned to Watford and has done OK there.

I kept Defoe first season but am now looking to cash in on him and Adebayor over the summer. Drumming up interest in the latter has proved difficult. Kaboul refused to discuss a new contract so he's off to Fiorentina, meaning a new CB is quite high on the list of priorities. I also need another striker because Soldado has been so inconsistent (one 15h goal drought and another 11h). As so many of you have said, Lamela came good after Dec/Jan time and plays excellently as an IF(s). Chadli got his chance later in the season and proved to be a great left winger.

Signed a new contract just before the end of the season and convinced the board to improve youth recruitment. Aiming to improve on last season's finish and bring in 3 or 4 new players to bolster the squad. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to give me some cash!

Post some tactics that you use and perhaps it may need tweaking slightly to get best out of certain players

dy6oi9.png

Was going to try playing around with this, but have tried before and no joy. So i've cut almost almost all team and player instructions for a 'blank canvas' to take advice from you guys!

I too am having a hard time moving Adebayor after the first season. Almost let him leave on a free, but I would actually rather keep him until the end of his contract than not get a penny for him.

Most people say that with the right feeding and set a Poacher is the only way for Soldado to flourish, but he was my top goalscorer in the first season as a DLF or AF. And that was also after being out the last month of the season with an injury. I will try and post my tactics now that I can say they at least worked to some degree.

Question, does your transfer kitty go away in January if you haven't spent it? I am thinking of not making many purchases over the summer of 2014, but selling down the squad a bit. It should give me enough to make a massive purchase in January, unless I lose it all. I have never kept a budget around before.

dy6oi9.png

Was going to try playing around with this, but have tried before and no joy. So i've cut almost almost all team and player instructions for a 'blank canvas' to take advice from you guys!

That is almost identical to my tactic. I will try and post tonight. I would recommend using Fluid. This team really likes the extra freedom. You might see better results as the players start to roam a bit more. I also have both DR and DL on WB or CWB

I too am having a hard time moving Adebayor after the first season. Almost let him leave on a free, but I would actually rather keep him until the end of his contract than not get a penny for him.

Most people say that with the right feeding and set a Poacher is the only way for Soldado to flourish, but he was my top goalscorer in the first season as a DLF or AF. And that was also after being out the last month of the season with an injury. I will try and post my tactics now that I can say they at least worked to some degree.

Question, does your transfer kitty go away in January if you haven't spent it? I am thinking of not making many purchases over the summer of 2014, but selling down the squad a bit. It should give me enough to make a massive purchase in January, unless I lose it all. I have never kept a budget around before.

You won't lose it. :)

Archived