Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuriy Polischuk looks awesome! Has more rounded stats than Joao Pedro at the same age :thup:

Dirt cheap wages he's on, nevermind anything else! :D

Have you got any targets to replace Neuer?

Nope. Already got Timo Horn who is only 32 and a couple of good young regens.

First Kroos - then Neuer, this is a bittersweet season.

On the other hand, Pulischuk is a beast in the making!

Well like I said, I will be asking Neuer to stay on for another season and will maybe do the same with Kroos if he does well until the end of the season.

And yes, Polischuk looks like he could be superb! Really looking forward to developing him further!

240px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - February 2025 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Feb2025_zps1e0e2229.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Feb2025_zps21ff6dad.png

A bit of an up and down month, but still we're five points clear - though Dortmund do have a game in hand.

We started with a great 2-0 win away at Schalke. An own goal put us ahead and then January signing Yuriy Polischuk got his first for the club to make it 2-0. The only downside was that Joao Pedro picked up an inujry and would be out for six weeks. A draw at Gladbach followed, and we were poor, really poor. Toni Kroos put us ahead early on, but Gladbach soon equalised. We defended just about well enough to take a point. We were back to winning ways with a 3-0 win at home to Dusseldorf, with fullback Jackson getting a brace. A trip to Mainz followed and we thumped them 4-1. We went 3-0 up inside fortyfive minutes, but Mainz hit back in first half stoppage time. We kept it tight in the second half, and late on we added a fourth. The month was rounded off with a terrible performance against Union Berlin. We dominated proceedings but we didn't show enough guile to break them down.

Despite the result against Union Berlin we still have a good lead. We open up March at home to Stuttgart.

DFB-Pokal - Quarter Final

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-Feb2025_zps7ecd3482.png

A very good performances as I rotated the side, fitting in young and old players. Two goals from 36 year old Robert Lewandowski in the opening twenty-five minutes were enough to see us through, in what was a very solid away performance.

In the semi-final we travel to Mainz.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Feb2025_zpsc116ad4b.png

A perfect European away day. We defended resolutely when we had to and countered at lightening speed. Six minutes before the break Gunther Lange put us 1-0 up, and after controlling for large spells in the second period we added another two late in the day on the counter when Shakhtar pushed for an equaliser. 3-0 it finished, and I'd obviously expect that to be moreorless job done.

Shame to see nobody below you and Dortmund kick on and really push hard to challenge the "Big Two".

You're scoring almost three a game you sod :(

I know what you mean. Plenty are capable of being really good on their day. The likes of Schalke, Stuttgart, and Leverkusen have all beaten ourselves and Dortmund in my time here, but they just don't have the consistency to match us.

As for the goals, well, you know me. :D

Another good month :thup: but as RTHerringbone says, a real shame it's such a two-horse race and no other team can step up to compete with you and Dortmund over the course of a season.

You still using the 4-4-2 diamond you spoke about on Twitter?

Also, is there any job currently you'd leave Bayern for or do you see yourself staying there for the foreseeable future and building a legacy with the great young prospects you have?

Another good month :thup: but as RTHerringbone says, a real shame it's such a two-horse race and no other team can step up to compete with you and Dortmund over the course of a season.

You still using the 4-4-2 diamond you spoke about on Twitter?

Also, is there any job currently you'd leave Bayern for or do you see yourself staying there for the foreseeable future and building a legacy with the great young prospects you have?

It's a funny one because before I turned up the league had been won by four different clubs in four years. :p

Yes still using the diamond, but do switch back to my pevious system at times. It's easy to see early in a game if it's going to work or not and therefore whether we have to change.

And no, there's nothing that would tempt me away now or anytime soon. I'm here for the long haul, aslong as the club will have me!

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March 2025 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Mar2025_zpseaef121c.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Mar2025_zpsa991cde3.png

A cracking month, (well, except conceding in every game), as we took control of the title race.

We started with a domineering win over Stuttgart with Martin Schmidt and Pavlo Denys both hitting doubles as our much changed team ran out comfortable 4-1 winners. A very edgy 2-1 win at Bochum then followed. We got the perfect starting taking the lead in the first minute, but the thirteenth minute Bochum hit back. Just a few minutes before half time Thomas Muller slotted home a dubious penalty, and that was the end of the scoring. Hoffenheim came to town next and we just tore strips off them - the 3-1 scoreline was kind to them. We missed a penalty early on, but then were then 3-0 up just after halftime. Hoffenheim pulled one back, but we ran out comfortable winners. We finished the month off with a stonking win at Leverkusen. We flew out the trapps and after just eighteen minutes we were 3-0 up. Just into the second period they got one back, but straight after Robert Lewandowski completed his hattrick as he put us 4-1 ahead, and that is how it finished!

Seven points clear with ix left to play. April begins with a huge fixture against Dortmund at the Allianz-Arena.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Mar2025_zps8d9754fd.png

A comfortable 2-0 win to see us take the tie 5-0 on aggregate. After just ten minutes we basically put the tie to bed when Cesare Scarchilli put us 1-0 up on the night. Five minutes before the break the win was sealed when Robert Lewandowski scored in fine style.

In the quarter finals we face Milan, with the first leg away from home.

Nice and straightforward thus far. How strong are Milan on your save?

Well I wouldn't say it has been straightforward. It was only been in the last month or so that we have pulled away from Dortmund.

As for Milan, yes they are very good on this save. Serie A has only ever been won by them and Juventus in the eleven years of the save, and this season they have pulled clear at the top of the table and are looking like winning it by quite a few points.

What about Anderlecht? Have they done anything of note? Please tell me they've done nothing in Europe so far :D

Well I don't have the Belgium Leagues loaded, so domestically they haven't done anything! In Europe the best they have done is make the 1st Knockout Round of the Europa League. They've never made it through the group stage of the Champions League, and have at times taken a few bashings.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - April 2025 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-Apr2025_zpsbe8a19ef.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-Apr2025_zps20f91e64.png

Three wins out of four and the title is secure!

Dortmund came to town at the start of the month and we played out a 0-0 draw. I can't say I was disappointed with the result as it kept us seven points clear with just five games to go. A trip to Leipzig followed and we thumped them 6-1. Joao Pedro got a hattrick, Martin Schmidt two, and youngster Endri Dervishi one. We struggled a bit at home to Kaiserslautern, but we ran out 2-0 winners evetually. Cristian Machuca got the first, and then in stoppage time Pavlo Denys got the second. A 3-1 win at Eintracht Frankfurt followed and with that the title was wrapped up. Youngster Uwe Meier got a brace and Javi Martinez the other as we ran out comfortable winners.

We finish the season with games against Hamburg and Wolfsburg.

DFB-Pokal - Semi-final

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-Apr2025_zpsd5c97066.png

A terrific win to get through to the final. We took the lead after just seven minutes through centreback Arthur, and then after just twenty three minutes we had surged into a three goal lead thanks to goals from Joao Pedro and Cesare Scarchilli. Mainz got one back just before the break, but just after the hour Pedro got his second to restore our three goal cushion. We made it that bit more comfortable when Serge Essomba added a fifth fifteen minutes from time. 5-1 it finished.

In the final we face Schalke.

Champions League - Quarter Finals

CareerSave-BayernCLFixtures-Apr2025_zps6d4d3bfc.png

This was a bit of a shock. We got what seemed like a great result in Milan after securing a 0-0 draw in a really tight game. The home leg was a disaster though. We didn't start well and in the twentieth minute Milan hit us on the counter to go a goal up. Soon after Milan were awarded a dubious penalty and we were 2-0 behind. We got a penalty of our own three minutes before halftime which Joao Pedro converted. We pushed and pushed in the second half but simply couldnt find another goal. 2-1 on the night to Milan, and 2-1 on aggregate. Out.

Disappointing Champions league exit, but congratulations on retaining the league title. How many more will you have to win before you're satisfied you've put Bayern back on top?

Well, I don't think we're anywhere near that - Dortmund are not going away anytime soon.

Also the Champions League is an issue. Prior to me taking over Guardiola had led the club to three Champions League wins in six seasons. So far I've managed just one in three years, and this seasons quarter final exit was a bitter disappintment. With a lot of changes at the club we've along way to go to be competing with Man United who have now won it two times in a row.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Bayern Munich 2024/25

DFB-Pokal Final

How We Got To The Final

CareerSave-DFB-PokalRunToFinal-May2025_zpsae0509d5.png

We had a couple of close calls, most notably away at second division side St.Pauli who were so close to a massive upset. Fortunately we saved ourselves on penalties. Hertha Berlin also gave us a real scare, but again we managed to get by them. We were excellent at Leverkusen in the quarter finals, and then just superb in the semi at Mainz as we got to the final in style.

The Final

vs. Schalke

We had a three week break after our last league game until the final, so plenty of time for the players to recharge their batteries and get into good health for the match. Manuel Neuer started in what would be the final game of his career. Cristian Machuca came back on the left wing, possibly playing for his future at the club. Due to Robert Lewandowski's good form throughout the competition, I decided to start with him upfront. And Toni Kroos, like Neuer playing in the final game of his career, lead the team out.

CareerSave-DFB-PokalFinalvsSchalke-May2025_zpsf300cfe6.png

Match Stats

Well we weren't at our best, but we just abut got the job done! It was a ridiculusly close game, with very few chances and very little between the two sides. Cristian Machuca probably kissed his Bayern career goodbye with a totally ineffectual performance, and Joao Pedro's fairly poor form towards the end of the season continued as he also had a poor afternoon. As it was, one of our golden oldies got the winner in the 89th minute. Thomas Muller came from the bench and slotted home after a cute through ball from Cesare Scarchilli.

Not vintage stuff, but another trophy in the cabinet.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - May 2025 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

CareerSave-BayernLgeFixtures-May2025_zps063dc65c.png

CareerSave-BayernLgeTable-May2025_zps560ab0e6.png

A sound finish to the seaso as we won two from two, the last in some style.

We wn our final home game of the season with little fuss as two first half goals saw off Hamburg. We should have probably won by more, but I was happy enough with the victory and the cleansheet. In the final match of the season we were fantastic. After just twenty-four minutes we were 4-0 up, with Robert Lewandowski helping himself to a brace. Wolfsburg got one back early in the second half, but late in the day Uwe Maier got his second of the game to make it 5-1.

A good way to finish the season, and delighted to hammer Guardiola's Wolfsburg in our final game of the season.

DFB-Pokal - Final

CareerSave-BayernDFB-PokalFixtures-May2025_zps70320354.png

As I said above, not a great performance but we got our hands on the trophy. For all the quality Joao Pedro has shown throughout the season, he failed to shine here. Competition top scorer Lewandowski also didn't have his best game, and it was Thomas Muller who got the only goal of the game. 1-0 the result.

Nice way to break the record, in the 91st minute of the last day of the season. Great job in winning in the league this year and the cup to go with it.

Thanks. :)

Didn't even kno about the record until this message came up in all honety!

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Review 2024/25 - Bayern Munich

Bundesliga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final Table (1st - Champions)

A second title in a row was no less than we deserved, but he seven point margin to Dortmund in second is a bit kind to us. We slipped up a couple of times in the first half of the season and Dortmund deservedly lead the table throughout the majority of the campaign until around twelve games to go when we finally got top spot. An excellent run of nie wins from our final ten games, couple with Dortmund slipping up, is what really delivered the title for us. We finished the season with a record goal tally and an excellent 88 points.

One thing this season has really taught me is that Dortmund are not going to go away without a fight.

DFB-Pokal

Winners

Very pleased we won the cup this term after getting knocked out in the semi-finals last season. At times we weren't overlly convincing, indeed St.Pauli deserved to knock us out but lost their nerve in the shootout. Hertha Berlin also gave us quite a fright. We were much better in the quarter and semi finals though, as Leverkusen and Mainz were disposed of in some style. We didn't play well in the final against Schalke, but still ran out 1-0 winners.

Champions League

Eliminated in Quarter Finals

Yes we reached the boards expectations, but I was still very disappointed with only reaching the quarter finals. We performed well overall in the group stage despite the draw in Porto and infuriating loss in Mosocw, but we did still top the group and score a bucket load of goals in the meantime. Against Shakhtar we were outstanding over the two leg over what I thought might be a tricky little tie, but 5-0 on aggregate in no way flattered us. Then in the quarters it all went wrong. We go a decent first leg result, but once Milan scored fairly early back in Germany were up against it. Maybe a draw would have been fair over the course if the tie, but I couldn't really moan at thme knocking us out.

Milan lost in the semi-finals to Manchester United, who then beat Tottehan 3-2 (after extra time) in the final.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

As you can see from the squad stats we used an awful lot of players this term. Indeed just one player started forty games or more throughut the season. Young players did well when called upon, though I was still a bit cautious about chucking them into the side. Special mention to Martin Schmidt, who in his first season as part of the first team after a couple of loan spells scored twenty goals.

We made a loss on transfer for the first time since I joined the club, but that was down to the two Ukrainians we signed in January. Neither of them played too much after joining as I look to break them in gradually, but they will play a big part in the clubs future.

Finances wise the balance is a touch down compared to the same stage last season. But that is down to our transfer spend and below par performance in the Champions League. Still, it's not at all a proble, as our balance is ridiculous!

Top 3 Players

João Pedro

Marvellous as usual. Struggled a touch after an injury around February/March time, but his stats are terrifying. Directly contributing to 53 goals in just 38 appearances is just phenomenal.

Arthur

The only player to start forty games, he was an absolute rock for us at the back as we conceded just 31 goals all season. A new contract will be coming his way soon enough.

Cesare Scarchilli

Now adding more goals to his game, this was a marvellous season. I can't believe he doesn't start for Germany more often.

What Next

Manuel Neuer and skipper Toni Kroos are both retiring. Kroos is staying on as a coach, but Neuer is leaving the game altogther. A new goalkeeper has already been signed, but I doubt I'll sign a replacement for Kroos as we already have some good young players who can step in for him. A new goalkeeper has been signed already to replace Neuer, and young loanee Sander van Grinsven is joining permanently for £3million. Aside from those deals, I doubt there'll be anymore incoming transfers unless something special becomes available.

Regards players leaving, Cristian Machuca is likely to be on his way out. He's nearly 29 now, on £90,000 p/w, and for that he's just not giving enough. He has fitness issues and is quite inconsistent. If we can get £2omillion for him I'll be delighted. As for other players, I'll consider resonable offers for most players, with one or two exceptions.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Bukovyna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2015/16  |  Premyer-Liha  |  9th         |                                                       |  Beaten in Europa Lge Playoff Rnd
| 2016/17  |  Premyer-Liha  |  16th       |  Relegated                                     |  
| 2017/18  |  Persha Liha     |  9th         |                                                       |  
| 2018/19  |  Persha Liha     |  1st          |  Promoted as Champs                   |  
| 2019/20  |  Premyer-Liha  |  13th       |                                                       | 
| 2020/21  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       | 
| 2021/22  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Quarter Finalists
| 2022/23  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Winners
| 2023/24  |  Premyer-Liha  |  10th       |                                                       |  Beaten in Europa Lge Playoff Rnd
| 2024/25  |  Premyer-Liha  |  10th       |                                                       |  

Tenth for a second season in a row, but a couple of points worse off than last season. They are making steps forward though - this season they won away at Shakhtar - one if the biggest wins in their history.

Brighton

| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2017/18  |  Premier Lge    |  20th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2018/19  |  Champ'ship     |  9th         |                                                       |
| 2019/20  |  Champ'ship     |  16th       |                                                       |
| 2020/21  |  Champ'ship     |  7th         |                                                       |
| 2021/22  |  Champ'ship     |  12th       |                                                       |
| 2022/23  |  Champ'ship     |  11th       |                                                       |  Quarter Finals of both domestic cups
| 2023/24  |  Champ'ship     |  4th         |  Defeat in playoff semi-finals       |  Quarter Finals of FA Cup
| 2024/25  |  Champ'ship     |  2nd        |  Promoted to Premier Lge             |  

Oh wow! What a season to gain automatic promotion! The race was always close, but they were in second for over half the season, and despite a late surge from Wolves they held on by a point! The Seagulls are back in the Premier League!

Benfica

| Season    |  League               |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
Left the club in December 2020 to join Tottenham - Roberto Mancini was my replacement

| 2020/21  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga winners
| 2021/22  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal winners & Taça de Liga runners-up
| 2022/23  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2023/24  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2024/25  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners

It's getting a bit repetitive now! For a third season in a row they've won the domestic treble. The title race was much close this season - they won it by just two points. But in both cup finals they saw off fierce rivals Sporting Lisbon. Mancini has spent alot of money since I left, both in terms of tranfer fee's and wages, but he does keep delivering, atleast domestically. In Europe they against went out in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round, this time to evetual winners Manchester United.

Tottenham

| Season    |  League               |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2022/23  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  FA Cup Winners, Champions Lge Quarter Finals
| 2023/24  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  FA Cup Quarter Finals
| 2024/25  |  Premier League |  5th         |  Europa Lge Grp Stage                  |  Champs Lge Runners-up, FA Cup Quarter Finals

A great run in the Champions League, and they only lost the final to United in extra time. However, they are now not in the Champions League next season after finishing fifth in the table, a distant twelve points off fourth place. They got to the FA Cup Quarter Finals again, but were knocked out at home by Crystal Palace. I worry for them, with no Champions League players may want to leave.

The league ended up quite comfortable in the end for you :)

To be honest is was largely down Dortmund having a poor run of form at the wrong time - they went through a spell in March/April of just one win in four - and that is what really did it for us.

As I've already said, I don't think they'll be going away anytime soon.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Bayern Munich

Board Expectations

Bundesliga - Challenge for the title

DFB-Pokal - Not Important

Champions League - Reach the semi-finals

DFL-Super Cup - Not Important

Personal Expectations

Bundesliga – Would love a hattrick

DFB-Pokal - Usual rotation policy

Champions League – Agree with the board

DFL-Super Cup – Against Dortmund - lay down a marker

Again I've chosen just to go for the title challenge when agreeing expectations with the board, but I harbour hopes of making it three in a row. It won't be easy though, I expect Dortmund to spend big again to try and get the title back. I'm pleased the board have upped their expectations in the Champions League- they now match my own.

Budgets

Transfer: £196,672,660

Wages: £5,001,167 p/w (Currently spending £2,101,945)

Balance: £666,472,362 (-£5,069,418)

Basically the same budgets as last term. We've already got some business done, and won't be doing much more unless a couple of players I've been tracking sometime become available. The balance has taken a slight dowturn for the first time in years, but that was understandable as last term we didn't sell much and spent big on the young Ukrainians. Im obviously not worried and I never will have to be!

WOW that's some offer. You're going to have a lot of the big teams after you now.

Not remotely interested.

The club really has changed in recent years and now it's just a bit lifeless. Flooded with expensive foreign buys, the youth have not been given the chance to flourish and the club has simply stagnated. I wouldn't leave what I have at Bayern for the mess at Barca.

Archived