Acing the Tetradecagon - The Master Achievement Hunter

ProddingAHoneyBadger

Any jobs on the horizon tempting you or looking like they'll become free? South African national side doing ok? Prob too early for an international job. Doing really well though so sure you'll be in demand what ever :)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any jobs on the horizon tempting you or looking like they'll become free? South African national side doing ok? Prob too early for an international job. Doing really well though so sure you'll be in demand what ever :)

I'll be looking to take any lower league sides in China or South Korea, or any side in Australia, and the South African national side went down to 74th in Feb 2016, but they're currently 18th after beating Egypt 3-0 in the ACON Final.

I'll be looking to take any lower league sides in China or South Korea, or any side in Australia, and the South African national side went down to 74th in Feb 2016, but they're currently 18th after beating Egypt 3-0 in the ACON Final.

Are you going to take on national and club sides at the same time?

I would recommend Australia for club sides out of those three - South Korea's various rules always annoyed me, and having lots of very similarly named players (problem in Korea) got old fast. The A League can be good fun if you get a good team.

pY86zUZ.png?1

qyo8cX8.png?1

Season |      Club     |    Nation    |          League         | Position | Other Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | National First Division |    2nd   | Promoted
2014/15| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Champions, Treble Winner
2015/16| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Champions, Quadruple Winner
2016/17| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Resigned March, CWC & CAF League Winner

Are you going to take on national and club sides at the same time?

I would recommend Australia for club sides out of those three - South Korea's various rules always annoyed me, and having lots of very similarly named players (problem in Korea) got old fast. The A League can be good fun if you get a good team.

I think I will, but I'll set a rule like I can only accept a National Team side if it's within a 2-3 hour flight to make it more feasible.

Most impressive, especially 5-5-0-0-0 antifootball. Out of curiosity, did you use any offensive players while employing this tactic?

Thanks hungoth, I think they were all defensive other than we had 1 AML playing as the WBL.

Good luck with Iran. Nothing to win for you in South Africa so it was indeed time to say goodbey.

Thanks Reinoud, hopefully I can take them to the World Cup.

Interesting choice of nation - how close are you to the Asian Cup? That's certainly winnable.

A warning though, international tournaments can be either easy, or the stuff of absolute nightmares. With only getting a chance every four years in some, one poor game can be the difference between moving on and being damned to waiting another four years.

Interesting choice of nation - how close are you to the Asian Cup? That's certainly winnable.

A warning though, international tournaments can be either easy, or the stuff of absolute nightmares. With only getting a chance every four years in some, one poor game can be the difference between moving on and being damned to waiting another four years.

The Asian Cup is in January 2019, I can also go for the WAFF Championship which is December 2018 so I have things to keep me going for a little while yet.

Good luck with Iran.

Thanks delta.

Excellent work with Witbank Spurs and the best of luck with Iran :thup:

Thanks B.W.G, hopefully things can go half as well here :)

2017 - Iran

LaYzvc4.png?1

I let the assistant handle the friendlies but we had some very close games, much harder than I'd been used to at Witbank, but on the plus side, after the 2nd New Zealand match I got this:

Gf9ZNcE.png?1

And here are the groups for the World Cup:

f2qXheq.png?1

aW22qbj.png?1

z8xbO61.png?1

Season |      Club     |    Nation    |          League         | Position | Other Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | National First Division |    2nd   | Promoted
2014/15| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Champions, Treble Winner
2015/16| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Champions, Quadruple Winner
2016/17| Witbank Spurs | South Africa | Premier Soccer League   |    1st   | Resigned March, CWC & CAF League Winner
2017   |               |     Iran     |                         |          | Qualified for 2018 World Cup

Unlucky, was always going to be tough. That media message about 'only the second time' is wrong, however: Iran qualified in 1978 and 1998. Not that anyone cares but me. As you were!

So SI were only quite wrong since this was actually their 4th time in the World Cup then :p

Cracking start to international management. No shame in losing to a last minute extra time goal against Spain.

How do you think you'll do in the Asian Cup?

No shame at all, we put up a great fight, but there was almost only really one outcome. I'll be hoping to get to the Semi-Final of the Asian Cup if we manage to avoid the bigger teams.

Good effort against Spain. Good luck for the Asian Cup.

Thanks Gaz :)

I knew you could get through that group, tough losing so narrowly to Spain.

I wasn't too sure that we'd get through, I thought Egypt would take 2nd place over us although we put up a great fight in the end.

Great stuff so far pal you are flying through this challenge

Thanks Ashton :)

Iran - 2018

S2fhA4d.png?1

A good year barring the friendlies against higher ranked teams, the highlight being a 2-2 draw with Brazil, put our foot down on the WAFF Championship, just going to play the Asian Nations Cup and no matter how I do I'll be resigning after.

gHcHdxZ.png?1

2017   |               |     Iran     |                         |          | Qualified for 2018 World Cup
2018   |               |     Iran     |                         |          | WAFF Championship Winners, WC 2nd Round

Outstanding progress so far from the badger! Great work, good luck in Australia.

Thanks withnail :)

wow you really are flying through the years!

Any plans to get a big name from abroad as your marquee player?

No plans at all as I'm not signing foreign players.

Well done on winning the Asian Cup, quickly knocks another trophy off the list.

Good luck with Perth.

A-League is somewhere I've never been myself, maybe your adventure will inspire.

Thanks razer, hopefully the A-League will be quite enjoyable.

Well done going out with the Asian nations cup you wanted.

Thanks delta.

Perth Glory - Hyundai A-League - 2019/20

League Table

League Positions Graph

A very, very close season, took the title away from Melbourne Victory on the last day of the season and then took the League Finals from Melbourne Victory a couple of weeks later.

Squad - We have a very small squad, I'll be trying to strengthen in the 6 month off season, we definitely need to strengthen the strike force as the top scoer was a midfielder.

Transfers - I've tried to strengthen, the squad is still pretty barebones, signed Donald Murphy twiceas because I couldn't register him he was released first time.

Key Players

Giancarlo Gallifuoco - A 7.65 Average Rating, one of the best in the squad and a rock in the centre of our 3 man defence.

Erik Paartalu - The top scorer this season with a disappointing 10 goals, I say disappointing because he isn't even a striker, no striker got into double figures.

Liam Rose - Still young and I think one of the youngest real players in the game but still got a 7.73 average rating.

2018   |               |     Iran     |                         |          | WAFF Championship Winners, WC 2nd Round
2019/20|  Perth Glory  |   Australia  | Hyundai A-League        |    1st   | League & Finals Winners

Archived