dafuge's FM14 challenge

Ugh, Truro City has been relegated. Felt really confident we would stay up as we had a healthy lead over the bottom four for most of the season, but then we went winless in our last 9 and lost our last 5. Defense was an issue all season as we had enormous troubles clearing the ball out of the box and then the scoring dried up as well.

The board is pissed but they didn't fire me immediately so I might just survive. Undecided if I want to continue even if I'm given the chance, but I wouldn't mind a fresh crack at the Skrill Premier now that I know how to avoid some of the mistakes I made on promotion. Get the staff extended beforehand and limit youth contracts to those players who might prove useful. That was a huge drag on our payroll, using up 2K of our 7K budget on useless players.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not getting fired it seems, luckily I was signed to a 2 year contract. But looking at the new teams in the Skrill South and North, there are four that I've never seen before that I might be interested in taking over. Carshalton Athletic and East Thurrock United in the South and Banbury United and Droylsden in the North. Droyslden could be interesting as their nickname is the Bloods and they play at Butchers Arms Ground, aka 'The Slaughterhouse'. Banbury is probably in better shape though with better facilities and some very good looking players.

MetPolice_zps635b95de.jpeg

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2016/17

League Table | Graph | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers | Finances

As the season went on we got stronger and stronger, financially i really struggled to keep us below the wage budget limit and again relied on a few loans (not as many as previously). For the second season in a row we were never in danger of falling into a relegation battle and actually finished pretty close to the playoffs, if we would of won our final game we would of snuck into the final spot. Alas we lost 2-1 and finished 6th which we have to be very pleased with. We again had a good FA Cup run reaching the 2nd round and taking Northampton to a replay. The FA Trophy once again saw us lose in the 1st round proper, this season to Bristol Rovers.

Our wage budget will be dropping over £600 a week for next season which is the cost of 2 first teamers so this will be a huge worry, along with super Keeper' Dan Thomas not resigning with us for another season things are not looking great for next year ... Time to prove the doubters wrong lads.

Youth Candidate's;

Ashleigh Scott YP1

Kane Sly YP2

Lee Wells YP3 - Profile | Coach Report

Key Players;

Dan Thomas - 13 Clean Sheets, the 2nd highest in the division says it all. He will be missed as he moves on in the summer.

Michael Freiter - Joined us after a successful Loan spell last season. Sits in front of the defense controlling the play.

Emmanuel Akokhia - As above joined after a loan spell the previous season, plays behind the main CF Target Man. Named Fans Player of the Season!

Seasons Best XI

Well, I'm not getting fired it seems, luckily I was signed to a 2 year contract. But looking at the new teams in the Skrill South and North, there are four that I've never seen before that I might be interested in taking over. Carshalton Athletic and East Thurrock United in the South and Banbury United and Droylsden in the North. Droyslden could be interesting as their nickname is the Bloods and they play at Butchers Arms Ground, aka 'The Slaughterhouse'. Banbury is probably in better shape though with better facilities and some very good looking players.

Well, nvm, got canned after losing my first preseason game. Just as well, my enthusiasm for the team had definitely gone down. Now I need to decide between Banbury and Droylsden.

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2018/19 - Skrill North

Competitions

FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round*

FA Trophy - 4th round*

Skrill North - 13th

*TBC (currently at work so going from memory)

Season Review

Star Players

Luke Sowunmi - I needed a strong central defender at the start of the season, and I found this chap. He's not bad, he's big and he is better than all of my other options. A decent debut season for the lad, and 4 goals isn't a bad return.

Jason Drury - As well as a central defensive partnership, I was in need of a prolific striker. This kid came in on loan from Crewe and although he didn't hit 20 goals, he was by far my best striker. Most of his goals came at the end of the season, and surprisingly coincided with some good form. Wish he'd have found that form earlier on, but I was playing him in different roles.

Paul Faulkner- Paul Faulkner again makes it into my top three. Not as strong this season as last season, and he did miss his first penalty - but still one of my top players. Another 5 goals to his tally - The fans love him, and have now voted him as Player of the Season for three years running.

Targets for next season

With my financial issues sorted for now, I go into a new season without any excuses - I can essentially rebuild the squad, provided I can find the right players. I hit some decent form at the end of this season, and if I can carry that on into the new one then I'll be challenging.. 5 seasons in this division is long enough, so anything below the playoff positions will be disappointing.

Overall I think I've made relatively steady progress, halted slightly by the financial issues. It really is time to step up though!

[u]Season[/u]             [u]Division[/u]             [u]Position[/u]             [u]FA Cup[/u]             [u]FA Trophy[/u]
2014/15            Skrill North         13th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2015/16            Skrill North         18th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2016/17            Skrill North         10th                 2nd Qualifying     4th round
2017/18            Skrill North         17th                 3rd Qualifying     4th round
2018/19            Skrill North         13th                 3rd Qualifying     4th round

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2017/18

League | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers | Finances

This season we were below expected and had a pretty rough season. A mix of poor performances, many injuries (three or four times more than the previous season), and overall bad luck in a number of matches resulted in a very bland 17th place.

My biggest concern are the finances. The wage budget has been reduced every season, and even though I have some very interesting targets in my shortlist I can't sign them! So next season the plan is to build the strongest starting XI I can, and then rely on youth products to complete the squad. The youth intakes have produced reasonable players and I can count on some of them for a few matches.

In other news, we almost won the FA Trophy :( it would have been a good way to lighten up the season.

Career Overview

Season     Division         Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Skrill North     5th
2015/16    Skrill North     1st          Promotion
2016/17    Skrill Premier   6th
2017/18    Skrill Premier   17th

Unlucky Brettney. I hope next year will be your year.

I tought that you would it to at least the play-offs Kingjericho. Though going with the reduced wages, but I think you will have a better season next year.

With the finances sorted out, I think you will have a shot at the play-offs Baronia

Bognor Regis - 2nd season - Skrill Premier

Predicted: 24th

Finished: 5th and promoted by playoffs

We started our first season in the Skrill Premier with 9 straight draws and a win, but we didn't play very well. We actually didn't play well the whole first part of the season, but we were extremely Lucky, that we didn't lost that many games. At the end of the first 23 games we gained 30 points, and were all the time around 15th place.

I don't know what changed during the second part of the season (we didn't bring any new players in due to the fact we were well over our budget), but everything gelled together. The most of our drawing games in the first part of the season became wins, and the unbelievable thing happened. After the second last game we sneaked into the playoffs, only on goal difference. A win in our last game would normally secure our place in the playoffs, but we played our worst game of the season, and lost 2-0 at Lincoln. Luckily for us, Dag & Red lost with same score.

The semi final of the playoff was against Luton. They lost there title on the last day, and we hoped that there moral was very low. At home we only managed a boring 1-1 draw. The second leg we won with 2-3 and secured our place in the final.

In the final we met Barnet, a team that we never defeated. We won the game after extra time with 2-3 and promoted to League 2, for the very first time in our history.

Games: part 1

Games: part 2

FA cup: 2nd round: defeated by Crystal Palace (L1) and missed a game against PL team West Brom

FA Throphy: WINNERS!!!! The only non Skrill Premier team we met was Havant & W, what actually was the easiest game off all. Simply won it with 2-0.

Youth intake: Not as good as last year and only tagged 1 player

Corey Marks (YP2a): a 5* player, and hope to become a professional team so I can train him full-time.

Next season: Survive, survive, survive.

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Head Coach Profile

Club Overview

Time for the restart, giving Banbury United a shot. 6000 capacity stadium to start but limited facilities. The team looks fairly strong for a recently promoted side, the board is expecting mid-table, I'll be quite disappointed if we can't manage that. I've got pretty good talent on this team, thinking we need to get promoted within the first two seasons.

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2018/19

Well this was a season with major ups and downs, and unfortunately the downs were too strong to be overcomed by the ups.

We had a fantastic start to the season and quickly took the lead, entering 2019 with a 7 point gap to 2nd place. The team was playing well and the results were good, even if our defense was a bit leaky but we were capable of holding on to leads.

Then the game decided I needed to have more grey hair and we entered an undescribable 14 match winless streak, which resulted in our elimination in the FA Trophy semi finals, and the loss of the lead in the league.

We still managed to finish in 2nd, but in the playoffs the luck that we had for so long in the season was gone, and we lost in the semi final penaty shoot out. (on a sidenote: the fixture seems to indicate that we actually won the second leg, which we did, but then we lost in the penalties, so the dot should be red maybe.)

Our squad was improved by two good free transfers and three loanees who added quality. But the loanees will obviously leave and I have the task of adding quality to the squad in those places. On top of that our strikers seem to be declining and I could use a star player in the front. At the moment my four most attacking players are a bit short in quality, despite their good numbers. I can only wonder what a better squad could do.

At the beginning of the season I didn't believe we could jump from a previous 17th place to promotion, but as the season developed we were the #1 contenders for promotion. But then all of a sudden our work was cut off by an inexplicable loss of form, morale, and luck. So we'll be in the Skrill Premier once again next year.

Career Overview

2018/19    Skrill Premier   2nd

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2017/18

We had a real drop in form a 1/3 of the way into the season and other than the final 7-8 matches we struggled to put more than a couple of wins together and added to a drop in our wage budget, Dan Thomas no longer between the sticks and no CF who could grab more than 10 goals and we had a step back from almost making the playoffs last time out... It looks as though our wage budget will not be raised much again next season and with a few more first team regulars now leaving we could be dropping down further ... But it just takes one good run like last season so who knows!? The cups saw us reach the first round proper in the FA losing to Scunthorpe and in the FA Trophy we finally made it past the first round and right into the third and an eventual loss to Cambridge.

Youth Candidate's;

No decent YP's to tag this time out ...

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - 10 Goals from 26 appearances, just 10 of them starts. - Retrained now as an AMC so can sit behind our front man.

Kane Sly YP2 - With Thomas gone he managed to get some game time.

Lee Wells YP3 - Converting him to a CM spot is taking much longer than i would of hoped, RW is just no use too us and so he only managed a couple of games...

Key Players;

Graham Ring - Slotted in anywhere at the back as well as at CM if forced and with the small squad became a very useful player, would love to sign him permanent but i dont think we could justify the £450 a week he wants.

Will Bor - Top scorer from CM, pulled all our creative strings.

Charlie Webster - Came to us on loan for a second season chipped in with 10 goals.

Fans Player of the Season: Emmanuel Akokhia - Fans player of the season once again.

Seasons Best XI

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Head Coach Profile

Club Overview

Time for the restart, giving Banbury United a shot. 6000 capacity stadium to start but limited facilities. The team looks fairly strong for a recently promoted side, the board is expecting mid-table, I'll be quite disappointed if we can't manage that. I've got pretty good talent on this team, thinking we need to get promoted within the first two seasons.

Bleh, bad stretch combined with a board takeover and I'm out after 27 games. I'm going to give this challenge one more shot with Droylsden.

Have been tempted to start a new game over the weekend but have decided to wait until FM15 now. Is there anyway we can tell who might be likely teams to use on the new version, based on last year's promotions and performances?

This is basically the only way I play FM now, this or maybe the Gundo challenge, is anyone else the same?

Strong candidates are teams who were relegated this season, but it all comes down to reputation and we don't know if there will be significant changes in FM15.

I'm too a fan of these challenges, the only save I've had this year that wasn't a challenge was with one of my favourite clubs Ac. Viseu.

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2018/19

Just to show where we are at compared to others in the division Wage Budget-wise - Wage Table.

We are not doing terribly finance-wise the having to upgrade our stadium to fit in with FA rules for this level hurt us but the chairman runs a pretty tight ship and although i do wish we could spend more, since we lose our better players once they want more than £500 a week. I know he has the future of the club in mind. Considering where we were at this season with our Wage Budget, unable to sign anyone because even with telling the board we'll aim for a top half finish to up the Budget by £300 we were still at the limit. We did the usual and brought in a few loans to fill the 'very' small squad out. After a good start we struggled to it this target, again we were never in any danger of a relegation battle but were never looking like finishing in the top half, plenty of youngsters got games as the injuries and suspensions just seemed to be hitting record numbers...

In the cups we were straight out of the FA Cup in the first round proper after coming up against League 1 Oldham (lost 3-2). The FA Trophy was a much better run and saw us break our previous best, the Semi final draw was unkind and we were going to face runaway Skrill Premier leaders Cambridge and i got this message... No pressure then. We lost 2-1 at their place in the first leg, but we then kicked off a 8 match unbeaten run after a great Team Meeting which included the 3-1 2nd leg victory, we lost in the final though to Aldershot 1-0 AET. Yet another sending off ruined the day.

Youth Candidate's;

No decent YP's to tag once again this season. Signed a few though just to fill the numbers...

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - Only 4 goals in the league this season, took a step back in his progress it seemed.

Kane Sly YP2 - 15 League apps letting in 22 goals.

Lee Wells YP3 - Managed 3 games but still isn't converting to a position i can use like i'd hoped.

Key Players;

Mark Haines - Without strong CB's like Haines who knows where we would be.

Richard Bryan - The other half of our best partnership for the center of defense.

Matty Scaife - Was one of the shining lights of the difficult campaign, it's a real shame but Coventry will not be letting us keep him for a second season.

Seasons Best XI

Season     Division         Position   The Cups     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Skrill South     4th        FAC 3rd Q.    Promoted
2015/16    Skrill Premier   15th       FAC 3rd rd.
2016/17    Skrill Premier   6th        FAC 2nd rd.
2017/18    Skrill Premier   8th        FAT 3rd rd.
2018/19    Skrill Premier   15th       FAT Final.

5103809.png

Bury Town - season 2019/20

Again...

At this level missing out on promotion can be defining to a career. Last season we performed at a very high level but had a dip in form and blew our lead. This season we were much weaker. We were inconsistent, lost many matches, conceded many goals. Some players, especially defenders, underperformed and we never really had a big run of wins. Incredibly though, we were able to finish 2nd in this hellacious fight for the playoff places. It's amazing the amount of teams that entered the last match with their chances open.

In the playoffs, we had it coming as we were never a strong team, and were knocked out yet again.

Next season some players that are past their peak will leave, and I will have to operate a mini revolution. A breeze of fresh air is needed if we want to step up and leave this God forsaken league.

Career Overview

2018/19    Skrill Premier   2nd
2019/20    Skrill Premier   2nd

MargateBadge_s_zps9dc0d827.jpg

Margate 2nd season was more of a roller coaster ride compared to season 1. I changed to a more defensive narrow formation and tried to keep faith with Margate original squad as much as possible. The League was effectively won on the penultimate game of the season with an away win at Grimsby. Also won Cup making it a double season, but next season will be double trouble with a limited wage budget already exceeded with current squad.

SkrillPremier_OverviewPastPositions_zpsa7c10f78.png

SkrillPremier_OverviewStages_zps1220f4f8.png

Margate_HistoryBestEleven-2_zps3d74875a.png

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2019/20

16 - 14 - 16 an average season all round, i'm happy with how things went although we have lost another of our first teamers and the wage budget will drop again this year. The season started with us bagging 3 victories from our first 3 games, a patch in the middle of the season (end of November through January) though saw us fall deep into mid table as we went 9 matches without a win, a run which included 6 losses.

We lost to Aldershot in the 2nd rd of the FA Trophy. The FA Cup saw us lose in the 4th Qual. rd to Gillingham.

Good News/Bad News;

Good - It must of been a better season i got a mention amongst the Managers of the Month awards ... First mention in the Skrill Prem.

Bad - We have the worst Disciplinary record in the division. We have had multiple fines in the last 3/4 seasons and apparently we are only getting worse...

Youth Candidate's;

Actually added a Youth Prospect this year, first in a few seasons...

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - 15 starts (12 subs apps) 7 goals, most from behind a loan Target Man.

Kane Sly YP2 - Played 12, let in 16. Has been moaning a little he wants first team football... We'll see.

Lee Wells YP3 - Played 31 times out on Loan with Dulwich Hamlet

John Reading YP4 Profile|Coach Report - Hows that for a bit of luck!? Bryan is leaving and we get a potential future replacement from the academy. He wont slot straight in but i'm sure he'll get 10-15 games looking at his ability.

Key Players;

Mark Haines - Strong at CB once again, hopefully he can continue next season when he loses his partner in Bryan.

Richard Bryan - Again formed an extremely important partnership with Haines, he is leaving in the summer.

Will Bor - Easily our best Midfielder, we look weakened without him. He was voted Fans Player of the Season. He also set an Appearance Record!

Seasons Best XI

2019/20    Skrill Premier   13th       FAT 2nd rd

125px-TTFC_BADGE2.jpg

Head Coach Profile

Club Overview

One last one last try after an absolute miserable time with a severely undermanned Droylsden. This time I'm going back to 2024 to take over the newly promoted Thamesmead Town FC.

Interesting team with a good mix of vets and youth. Fairly large stadium to start and a potentially large fanbase as a suburb of London. We'll see where this goes.

Bognor Regis - 3th season - League 2

Prediction: 24th

Finished: 4th and promoted through play-offs!!!!

Again, an incredible season for Bognor Regis. After 6 or 7 games we were in the playoffs and stayed there the rest of the season. Never been in the top-3 (automatic promotion places) and after 7 games never been ou of the playoff places. So we deserved our place in these playoffs. In the semis we had to play against Exeter. In the regular competition we drew both games and also the first leg of the semis was a draw. We finished the job at Exeter with a small 0-1 victory. For the second season in a row we played the playoff final and again it was a very tight game. Our 17-year old DC who joined us at the January transfers scored the goal (1-2) that lead us to League 1. Unbelievable

Games 1

Games 2

The cups:

FA Cup: 5th round and overachievers. Just a pitty that I lost against Crewe in the 5th round replay, otherwise we had to play at Cardiff with probably a full house. Should have been very good for the finances.

Capital one cup: lost in the first round. Didn't care about this cup.

JohnsTone paint Thropy: Also early exit; First round.

Youth intake: Nothing special, tagged 1 player

In league 1, two teams have been taken over by a Tycoon. I believe Fleetwood and Barnsley will be the teams to beat next season. Never seen 2 Tycoon takeovers in such a short notice and in the same division.

Aims for next season: First half finish and a cup game against a PL team. My team can use a good financial boost.

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2020/21

We had an amazing middle section of a season where we climbed up the table, it was not really looking likely to earn us a playoff spot (i would soooo love to just get a chance to play in the playoffs at this stage...) but it did keep us in the top half of the season and that has to be our target each year to improve our reputation. For the first time since we gained promotion to the Premier 6 Seasons ago we were not predicted to finish bottom (3rd bottom so the press still expected us to be relegated but still...). In the Cups League 2 Rochdale dumped us out of the FA Cup 1st rd. The FA Trophy saw us reach the 2nd rd where we were beat by Barnet.

Good News/Bad News;

Good News: I got my first Boss of the Month award in the Skrill Premier in November!

Bad News: We have got 4 very important players leaving in the summer (all refusing to sign new deals). Pretty much the spine of our team with it being our GK, a CB, DM and CM... Next season could be tough!

Youth Candidate's;

No YP's this season.

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - Only 6 goals this time, is in danger of players jumping above him (including Youngsters who have come through without tags but have improved more).

Kane Sly YP2 - Threatened to leave if he doesn't get first team football... The good news for him is Roberts is leaving and so he can be first choice next season. Played 12 times this.

Lee Wells YP3 - Has come back from his Loan spell last season with a much better understanding of playing CM and he had his biggest season for us yet, playing 28 times and scoring 4.

John Reading YP4 - What did i say!? 10-15 matches!? .. He got 17 apps total.

Key Players;

Mark Haines - Bossed the defence but as is becoming the norm for us his contract is up and since he is now our best player he has refused to sign a new deal ...

Emmanuel Bacon - Even though he was only on Loan with us for 5 months (and Coventry wouldn't let him come back for the rest of the season) he ended up our top goalscorer. He also earned our first Player of the Month award in the Premier.

Will Bor - Fans Player of the Season again, our best player who isn't refusing to sign a new deal. He will be extra important next year.

Tom Roberts - A very key CB signing for us, he also can play at LB. Will be key going forward.

Seasons Best XI

2020/21    Skrill Premier   8th        FAT 2nd rd.

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2021/22

Could this be the beginning of a push for promotion within the next couple of years!? A new Chairman and board took over and cleared our debts with a loan and by the end of the season i could tell they would be more willing to spend. This season saw us once again fight our way to a top half finish and we did seem to get better as the season went on (after starting with 5 losses from our first 6 matches). I used the extra Wages from our best players leaving to really expand the squad and bring in some experience. I'm quite pleased with what we did in the transfer market with the little we had and with the budget going to be even higher next year (the new Chairman is promising an extra £3k/week) maybe a playoff spot wont be beyond our reach...

My staff are always behind me as i reach a huge landmark.

Both Cups saw us have great runs, the FA Trophy saw us reach the 2nd round where we lost to Aldershot but it was the FA Cup where we had an excellent run into the 3rd round where we faced Premier League side Chelsea! We lost but the match brought big money into the club. We broke our attendance record in the match against Chelsea. This match!

Speaking of records broken;

Youngest ever Goalscorer and Player of the match awards

Good News/Bad News;

Good News: The new chairman seems pretty generous, agreeing to Junior Recruitment Budget increase and Youth Facilities expansions...

Bad News: Cancelled expansion to our Youth Facilities...

Youth Candidate's;

The recruitment budget increase seems to of worked ... We get two good prospects this year!

Mickey Neale YP5a Profile | Coach Report

Bradley Turner YP5b Profile | Coach Report

Ashleigh Scott YP1 - A great scoring record for his minutes on the pitch but as the seasons go he drops down the pecking order, his stats do not match his scoring record at all.

Kane Sly YP2 - Was first choice GK and played 50 times (the most for the season for any player).

Lee Wells YP3 - Played even more games than last year with 39.

John Reading YP4 - 39 matches in his 2nd full season is probably a little much for his age but he stepped up and filled in while we were unable to strengthen too much at the back.

Key Players;

Kevin Thornton - The best example of the experience i brought in, was the top scorer of our own contracted players.

Ryan Rook - Can play equally well in either Full Back (or Wingback) roles. New signing.

Connor Hendricks - Had his best season at the club yet. Stepped uo with the spine of our team from last year gone.

Seasons Best XI

2021/22    Skrill Premier   9th        FA Cup 3rd rd.

I'm giving this challenge a go for the first time as practice / new challenge / dress rehearsal for FM15 coming out where I'm going to give it a proper go. Went St. Neot's because they seem like a suitable challenge. And how - won my first league game of the season at the 11th time of trying...

Anyway, what I am finding is I couldn't get my tactical familiarity up to 100% by end of pre-season as I normally would - it's still just over 50% after 11 league games - plus all the pre-seasson friendlies tired my players out but conversely didn't get them match-fit. Is this usual for this level?

I rarely have players at 100% fitness unless I only play Saturday to Saturday and have players complaining about either too much training or not enough training so I can't seem to find the right middle-ground!!

Any thoughts / advice on this?

Have to say though, it's been a long time since I had a save at this level and I'm loving it despite my league record of 1 win, 2 draws and 8 defeats so far. 6 of the 8 defeats have been by a single goal (5 times we've lost 1-2!) so we are running teams close, just don't have the final quality to put away the chances we are creating. Nothing more frustrating than my AMR who has 14 for pace which has become a real weapon for us...except his 3 for finishing and 2 for composure means he hardly ever even hits the target!!!!!

125px-TTFC_BADGE2.jpg

Pretty good first season for us although I feel like it could have been better. We were in 3rd place after 15 games, then hit an 11 game winless streak before finally recovering and ending up in 12th. That was good enough to get me 3rd place in Coach of the Year voting, deserving I suppose since we were predicted to finish 21st.

League Table

Defense was our main issue as we rarely had trouble scoring. I added a new center back in February, Peter Cadwallader, who really seemed to stabilize things for us. I also had a pretty good goalkeeper in Jack Lewington, who had 11 shutouts.

The real star for us though was 19 year old Jay'lee Bull, signed from Carlton. He tied for the Skrill South goal scoring lead with 22 goals as well as 3 more in cup competition. Inexplicably, he wasn't included in the voting for player of the year.

Did okay in the cups, won 2 games in the FA Cup before losing to VCD Athletic and lost in the first round of the FA Trophy to league mate Lewes.

We should be in good shape for next season, no one is refusing to resign and I should be able to add some quality as I cut some of my dead weight. Primarily need to find a right fullback, a ball winning midfielder and another striker who can also play AMR. I think we can compete for a playoff spot next year.

Just popping to say that after winning League One my interest in playing FM dropped for a while so I'm stopping at having got FC United into the Championship. Good luck to those who have the time to finish off. :)

Pumped for dafuge 15 :)

Same. Looking forward to seeing if some different teams are more easily promoted. I'm thinking of going with a London club. Will the new thread be up after the Beta version starts? Is that October 24?

Metropolitan Police F.C. - Season 2022/23

At times this looked like being our best season since gaining promotion into the Skrill Premier but things fell away January through March where we went on an 11 match run without a win. We managed to cling to a to a top half finish and get 10th. In the FA Cup we had another great run getting into the 3rd round and earning a London Derby with Premier League Chelsea, we lost of course but it was a great day and we broke our attendance record and gate records. In the FA Trophy we made it into the 4th round before losing to Hartlepool.

We are getting more and more fans flocking to see us and we broke our average attendance record this season.

Youth Candidate's;

Ashleigh Scott YP1

Kane Sly YP2

Lee Wells YP3

John Reading YP4

Mickey Neale YP5a

Bradley Turner YP5b

Key Players;

Warren Sands - Had a truly magnificent season, he'd been here on Loan previously so when i saw he had been released i snapped him up and he truly paid me back. In 54 apps he scored 21 goals, got 17 assists and earned 8 PoM awards.

Declan Grocott - Was on Loan with us for a second season and chipped in with 13 goals.

Darryl Long - Was solid at the back and managing to keep him for another year was vital.

Seasons Best XI

2021/22    Skrill Premier   9th        FA Cup 3rd rd.
2022/23    Skrill Premier   10th       FA Cup 3rd rd vs Chelsea!

Archived