ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

I am quite liking managing them. Spent the off season sorting out staff, as we were allowed a lot more after promotion and i see staff as vital in this. Spent ages trawling for those with the right personality types, and for scouts with wide scouting knowledge (NB - A lot of people probably ignore scouts for this challenge as you are not signing anyone. Wider scouting range can improve youth intakes, albeit probably only once your YRN is higher).

We started life in the top league very nicely, we beat Rostock 2 v 1 in our opener, away from home, with a last minute winner. Easy this lark.............Then i had one of those days where you can only laugh, or you would cry... We are at home to Amkar, a good side who have Arshavin amongst there ranks, but i fancy we can do ok. The game goes something like this.....

15mins - 2 nil down already, one a Penalty

23mins - 4 nil down........oh dear, time to go home already

45mins - At half time, my stand in centre half (playing as first choice picked up a knock in traning) is having a mare. Sub him for my other back up centre half

45mins 38secs - Aforementioned half time sub dives into a challenge and gets a red card.......immediately picks up my award for most career limiting move ever..

45mins 38secs - Red card means a reshuffle, as both my back up centre halfs are accounted for, a fullback moves in, another comes off the bench

57mins - My AMC picks up a game ending injury, use up my last sub sending on a replacement

58mins - My left back picks up a straight red for a crude challenge........no subs left, down to 9 men and no real option to reshuffle to limit damage

59mins - I am now 5 nil down,reaching for the hipflask by this point

85mins - My secondary striker picks up a game ending injury, no subs left,down to 8 men............

89mins - Make that 6 nil

Surveyign the post match wreckage shows 2 one match bans, one 3 week injury and one just a few days. PLus my YP01 top prospect picked up a hip injury pre-game and is out for 2-3 months..........ah the challenges!!

OMG that is devastating to look at!! :eek: but i am sure you can pull it through maybe you should of just bunked the season off once you were clear of relegation then really went for the next season good luck jambo :thup:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 2 (2015/16)

Logo_of_FC_Volgar-Gazprom_Astrakhan.png

Season Summary

Russian Premier League - Final position - 12th

Past Positions

Overview

Always felt this was going to be a massive task to stay up, after such an early promotion. We battled hard, at times being totally outclassed and taking a few thumpings from the big name teams. What we did well, was to pick up points from the teams around us. We were always near the bottom, but never in the 2 auto relegation places which was a comfort. For a long time i felt we might need to rely on the playoffs to keep us up, and a wretched run of defeats post the long winger break seemed to make this more of a possibility.

In the second half of the season we had 5 teams somewhat detached from the rest, fighting to avoid 2 auto relegation slots and 2 playoff slots. We sat in the last playoff spot for a while, before we took advantage of a run of 3 games against other teams below or around us. 3 wins in those absolutely saved our season and ensured we avoided the agony of playoffs.

A huge achievement to stay up, at times we were getting shelled but i stuck to my tactics.

Cups

Russian Cup - Lost in 5th round to first division Rotor. A little disappointing, but again its not a priority.

Player Performances

Roman Tuzovskiy - We were very goalshy this season, but our right winger was at least a source of some goals and assists

Stepan Sicaci - Seems strange to name our keeper as a top performer when we conceded 70 goals, but in such a tough division he was our player of the year

Marat Maslov (YP01b) - Our second youth from last season, scored some goals and overall was as good as anyone in our team.

Youths

]Intake[/u] - Another reasonable, if not amazing intake, got some more defensive players

Tagged Updates

YP01a - Dmitry Mikhailov - Unfortunately suffered from a number of injuries over the season which meant he couldnt get a consistent run. Did improve his attributes a bit and now looks like a first pick for next season. In the winter transfer window i turned down several bids of over a million, and one at £4.5mill from Spartak!

YP02a - Marat Maslov - I expected less from him than YP01a, but in the end he got more game time and performed quite well.

New Tagged Youths

YP02a - Maxim Troyan - A nice prospect who can either be center half or a DM

YP02b - Alexey Gusev - An interesting one, doesnt look like any potential to be a fullback but some nice attributes, will be retained to either AMC or AML/R

Other

Transfers - Clean, with some squad trimming as older players moved on to cut the wage bill

Finances - Still comfortable, in a pattern where we get a big £2 - 3 million bump at the start of the season (TV deals and season tickets), then lose about £200K per month through the season, ends up about even.

Facilities - Managed to get both YRN and Junior Coaching upgrades which helped the intake. Also have training facilities upgrade ongoing and due to complete early next season

Next Season

1) Consolidate in the top league, hopefully avoid such a tight relegation fight

2) Keep improving my 4 tagged youths

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 3 (2016/17)

Season Summary

Russian Premier League - Final position - 12th

Past Positions

Overview

Had hoped to improve, but it was another mighty battle. We actually ended up with 6pts less than last season which is disapointing. I thought for a long time we would need to go via the playoffs. Couple of key wins against the teams around us again were key, and a couple of scraped nil nil draws against better teams just kept us save.

We have changed tactics towards the end of the season to be a bit more cautious. Might need to keep that approach for next season.

Cups

Russian Cup - Lost in 5th round to first division Rotor, again, second season in a row. One of these days we will make it past one round....

Player Performances

Oleg Aleinik - One bright light in a very poor season, good number of goals and assists

Youths

Intake - Probably our best yet, with a number who could turn into first teamer's.

Tagged Updates

YP01a - Dmitry Mikhailov - Finally started to get a good run this season and did manage to score a few. We moved tactics around which meant he didnt have one position which may have impacted his consistency.

YP01b - Marat Maslov- Ended up getting more game time than i expected through injury to others, but he failed to deliver.

YP02a - Maxim Troyan - Split his time between CB and DMC and struggled to perform. He came into a very bad team, so can cut him some slack.

YP02b - Alexey Gusev - Got some game time, ended up playing a bit at fullback which isnt going to be his long term role. His performances were pretty good considering his inexperience

New Tagged Youths

YP03a - Anton Petrenko - Looks like a future attacking midfield, probably from deeper behind YP01a

YP03b - Vitaly Dasaev - Another AMC, but looks more hardworking. Will see how he develops

Other

Transfers - Clean, and quite a few out as we transition the squad towards youths.

Finances - Same pattern as before, big bump at the start followed by monthly losses. End ups about even.

Facilities - Training facilities upgrade finished, and youth facilities underway

Next Season

1) Try to finish above 12th

2) Try to get YRN or Junior coaching upgraded again.

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 4 (2017/18)

Season Summary

Russian Premier League - Final position - 14th (survived via playoffs)

Past Positions - Graph

Overview

And so it repeated.............Again, we just couldnt break free of the relegation fight. We are very much over matched on player quality in this league, even by the bottom teams. We never really put together a run, and suffered from the same morale issues as before. The over powering morale system is really what makes me dislike FM14 over 13. We had some great example games where we could match the oposition tactically, have more possession, better pass completion, more shots on target (not long shots), 3 or 4 more CCC, but yet we lose 2 v nil because our morale was low, meaning our players seem to make crazy mistakes. Annoying as hell.

We actually had more points this season than last, but we finally slipped into the relegation playoffs. We came through it, but it took us extra time after 2 legs against Fekel.

Only thing keeping me going in this save is how quickly i see my key youths improving. We tweaked tactics again in the winter break to go strikerless and apply a bit of counter pressing style. Cant see us improving much next season, but even 10th or 11th i would be happy with!

Cups

Russian Cup - Still yet to win a game in this competition in my entire career.......this time Anji knocking us out 1 v 0

Player Performances (non tagged players)

Oleg Aleinik - Second consecutive season being our top player, and outshining even my best YP's pretty much. Plays as my AMC pivot and provides goals and assists. At 29 hopefully got another good year or 2 left in him. Named in team of the year

Stepan Sicaci - Our Moldovan international keeper continues to perform well, despite the fact that as a team we concede an obscene amount. No really challenger for him at the moment so likely to stay our number 1 for the foreseeable

Sergey Zuikov - The pick of all our original players, our top earner and a solid performer. At 24 this spot could be his for years to come.

Youths

Intake - Very noteworthy, in that for the first time ever we get 2 foreigners. 2 Brazilians no less! We have full scouting coverage of Brazil courtesy of two Brazilian scouts i hired (one of whom is ex Roma winger Mancini). The also look my best 2 prospects from this intake, which is a little light on quality. We cant improve YRN until we improve reputation, so we gotta break out of this constant relegation battle to do that.

New Tagged Youths

Edson (YP04a) - First of our Brazilians, a DC or DMC, but needs quite a lot of development "good premier division" potential so i hope with nurturing and turoring i can create a Gilberto Silva!

Lucinho (YP04b) - Second Brazilain, and again a defensive type. Also looks lower starting quality than last years tagged players, but will try to mould him into something

Tagged Updates

Dmitry Mikhailov (YP01a) - Coming of age season for Dmitry. Became absolutely pivotal to our team, won young player of the year and finished 3rd top scorer in the division. I turned down various bids, topping out at £7million from Spartak. Tied down for 2 more years so hopefully my board will keep backing me by not accepting the crazy high bids.

Marat Maslov (YP01b) - Also became an important starter for us, although somewhat less prolific than Mikhailov. Still a great player to have in the squad and can still imrpove. Also turned down £4.5million bids for him

Maxim Troyan (YP02a) - Attributes took a huge jump, although performances didnt quite match this. For the moment, he is our first choice DMC, playing as Half Back. He might well slot back int central defence in years to come, as we have a few DMC prospects and no DC ones. Again, bids of up to £7million were turned down.

Alexey Gusev (YP02b) - Shunted around a bit as i couldnt settle on his position. Ended up as a CWB(a) in the LB slot, which is risky given his obvious defensive deficiencies but in my system i just want him to go forward, so might play to his strengths. With a full season run at that position, lets see how he does.

Anton Petrenko (YP03a) - Got some gametime and decent first season development. Moves up the depth chart this season to increase his game time, and we use both MC and AMC so he should see some starts

Vitaly Dasaev (YP03b) - Similar to Petrenko, got probably more game time than i expected, and steady if not spectacular growth.

Other

Transfers - Clean, less outs this season after quite a cull last year

Finances - Monthly loses increased meaning we struggled to stay out of debt by the end of the season. Some improved sponsor deals have come along, and a takeover saga is ongoing (keeps going back and forth between positive and negative noises).

Facilities - Youth facilities completed, Junior coaching up to "good", nothing else on the way at the moment

Next Season

1) Break free of this god awful constant relegation scrap!!

1 FC Magdeburg - Season 1 (2014-2015)

3th Division

Prediction: 19th with odds of 50-1

Final Position: 1st!!!!!!

Games part 1

Games part 2

An unbelievable season. When I saw the drawing of the fixtures, I tought my first 4 games were very difficult, playing against 4 teams out of the predicted top-8 teams. But after these 4 games I still had the maximum of the points, 12. So, this was an incredible start of the season, but after this start I only managed 4 wins in the next 15 games. (4W-4D-7L). So after the first round I sat in around 7th place, a place I was very happy with, because my only goal of the season was, avoid relegation.

The second half of the season started identical to the first half: 4 wins, 1 loss, again 1 game won followed by 1 loss again. So I pressumed the second half would be the same as the first, and I would finish around 7th place.

What happened after these first 7 games, I don't know, but we didn't lost 1 of the remaining 12 games. 5 games before the end of the season I entered the automatic promotion places, and after the second last game I was in 1th place, with only 2 ponts ahead of second and third place. I needed a win in the last game. We won the game with 1-0 and were the unpredicted but truly deserved CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

German cup: didn't enter this season.

Youth intake: pretty good, but I have to wait another 3 seasons to play them. They have to be 17 in German to play at the first team.

Dieter Groß (YP1a)

Ferran Martinez (YP1b)

Stipe Zebic (YP1c)

Hans-Martin Twyrdy (YP1d)

Servet San (YP1e)

Necmi Topcu (YP1f)

Christoph Krug (YP1g)

So we had 1 player with 5* and 6 players with 4.5* and 6 players with 4*. After signing youth contracts 3 players with 4* had been tagged because they got better predictions with 4.5*. Didn't take a screenshot of these last 3 players. I don't know what to expect off these youth players in 3 years, because they are only predicted to became good 3th division players.

Aims for next season: Stay up!!!! I don't believe I have a squad that can compete in 2nd division, but the money will be good. When you finish 18th and last you receive more then €5.000.000.

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 5 (2018/10)

Season Summary

Russian Premier League - Final position - 8th

Past Positions - Graph

Overview

Well our aim was to break free of the god-forsaken relgation battle we had fought for the last 3 years, and we did it. We started quite well and were never really in danger of being involved in the battle at the bottom. We still have a very weak squad compared to those around us so there was always a few blips along the way, but our players have really settled into out counter pressing setup now and we cruised into a nice 8th place finish.

Cups

Russian Cup - The drought goes on.......for the 4th year out of 5, we go out to the same team in the first round. 2 v 0 Rotor this time.

Youths

Intake - Back to all Russians, but a very nice intake none the less.

New Tagged Youths

Gennady Kirichenko (YP05a) - A well developed winger/striker who will be retrained to play AMC to fit my formation

Maxim Denisov (YP05b)- A good looking DMC/MC which also fits nicely into my formation

Tagged Updates

Dmitry Mikhailov (YP01a) - After such a great season last season, it was a little disapointing that he missed 4 months with a major injury. However luckily a chunk of that time was over the winter break, so he still managed a good number of games and was again very impressive in terms of goals and ratings and made it into team of the year

Marat Maslov (YP01b) - Another good season, with a solid return in goals and assists and also developed the consistency this team needed. He seems like he might be reaching a plateau in terms of development but good enough to remain a first team starter for some years

Maxim Troyan (YP02a) - A better season as he played more at the heart of the defence, but still looking for a further step up in performance from him. He has all the attributes to be a top centre half in this league and possibly my best player.

Alexey Gusev (YP02b) - Played all season in his ultra attacking CWB role and it was mixed. Good enough ratings but one goal and zero assists is poor considering how attacking he is set up to be. Needs to set up his development as well.

Anton Petrenko (YP03a) - bit part player but got a few starts and still early in his devopment. Doesnt look like a superstar but a solid squad player i hope

Vitaly Dasaev (YP03b) - Was thrown in as a regular starter, as we had a gap left by one of our experienced departures. Did not let himself down, and will remain a starter next season

Edson (YP04a) - Very limited gametime and very little development. Might need to tutor him with one of my last remaining experienced players.

Lucinho (YP04b) - Similar to his compatriot, only sub appearances and shows no sign of development. Needs time in the u21s/u18s i think

Other

Transfers- Clean, with a couple of good servants leaving us as there contracts ran down and i try to control the wage bill

Finances - We finally got taken over, but not by the consortium who were trying to. We ended up with a director taking over which made no difference with no investment or loans. Same patern of massive monthly losses, almost touching £400K some months now. End of season prize money and TV deal just about cover us but we need to find a way to increase revenue somehow soon.

Facilities - Junior Coaching is now "Excellent" and youth facilities upgrade in planning stage

Next Season

1) Stay in mid-table and dont lose any key youths.

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 6 (2019/20)

Season Summary

Russian Premier League - Final position - 2nd!!!!

Past Positions - Graph

Overview

What an absolutely amazing season that was! We started off well and through the first half of the season, it seemed clear that were capable of holding our own in the top half. We were flirting with the top 5 european spots but i didnt really think we were good enough to break into them. However we went on a lovely winning run either side of the winter break to leave me thinking we might just have a good chance at sneaking into the europa league. A couple of tough defeats tempered things.

With 7 games to go, we had a nice looking set of 4 upcoming fixtures against teams in the bottom 5. We duley swept all aside to leave us in a strong position, 4th with 3 to go. However our last 3 games were also against the 3 teams above us (Spartak who were runaway leaders, then second placed Zenit, then Krasandor who we had half a chance to overtake).

We lost the Spartak game as expected, which set us back to 5th and still had a chance to drop out of the europa places with 2 tough games left. Next up, Zenit at home. It was cagey, they out played us just be wee snuck it 1 v 0 with a Mikhailov beauty. What a result.

Left us sitting 4th going into the last game against 3rd place Krasandor, who were 2pts ahead of us. 2 teams (CSKA and Dinamo) were both within reach of us, so it was **** or bust going into this game. We could sneak an unthinkable champions league berth, or we could miss out altogether on europe. Tense times. We set out to attack, but Krasandor blunted us. 78mins in were drawing and it was in the balance, then our high pressing paid off. Our AMC, YP03a won the ball from a defender and was clean through, he smashed his shot home and we had the lead. Immediately i sat on it - Contain mentality was set, however my team didnt seem to listen as we created 3 CCC in the next 4mins! Unfortunately we didnt take any, so we had a nervy last few mins but we held on!!!!

Unbelievably, i hadnt even realised we could catch Zenit before the game for second in the league. I was so concentrated on the situation with Krasandor and the teams below us. Zenit had lost and we had sealed an amazing second place in the league. Beyond my wildest dreams.

The huge difference between 3rd and second, is that second puts me directly into the group stages of the CL. Money counting time................

Cups

Russian Cup - Wahey we made it through a round! 2 actually, before going out in the quarters to Spartak. Our first round win, on Pens, came of course against Rotor who we have now played 5 times in 6 years.

Youths

Intake - for some reason i dont seem to have a screenshot, but it was one potential real star, a couple of solid and then not good enough. IN depth, the worst intake ive had as i signed only 4 i think. However it may have provided my best player yet.

New Tagged Youths

Shamil Yakubov (YP06a) - This could be a star. Has the "Star premier division midfielder" potentially according to my Ass Man.

Andrey Paniflov (YP06b) - The only one worth a tag, a striker which doesnt fit my strikerless formation, but will see if he can be retrained.

Tagged Updates

Dmitry Mikhailov (YP01a) - Continued where he left of last season by being our talisman. Goals and assists, and surely knocking on the door of the full national team now. Only a year to go on his contract, which is going to be hard to renew i fear :(

Marat Maslov (YP01b)- Continues to be a solid and consistent performer without being a world beater. SCores and assists, lacks a touch of consistency at times but every team needs players like him

Maxim Troyan (YP02a) - Our leader at the back now, and steped up his performance level a notch this season. Can lead my backline for years to come i hope

Alexey Gusev (YP02b) - Seems to have leveled out as a good, if not great attacking wing back. No challenges on the horizon so settled into his position and hopefully a few more assists

Anton Petrenko (YP03a)- Took a big step up and played a lot as cover for 3 positions. Great average rating and forced his way into being a starter. Ended up scoring the glory goal as wel!

Vitaly Dasaev (YP03b) - Stayed a regular starter and did a lot of less glamourous work for us in a slightly deeper role than some of the glamour players.

Edson (YP04a)- Benefited a bit from tutoring and got a few more starts which meant he developed a little more, will be 3rd choice CB and get game time next year with the additional fixtures we will face

Lucinho (YP04b) - A few more games but not really developed as i would like in a second season. Not sure he is going to make it long term

Gennady Kirichenko (YP05a) - got more game time than i had expected, as he looked almsot first team ready. Didnt let us down, but his retraining to AMC isnt going well. Will be a useful squad player

Maxim Denisov (YP05b) - Very few games but his attributes have shot up much quicker than others. Likely jumps above my brazilians in the pecking order

Other

Transfers- Clean as always

Finances - Ever increasing monthly losses, offset by a nice £4million prize bounty for the league position

Facilities - Youth facilities completed, but nothing else in the pipe.

Next Season

1) Rake in the money in the CL groups

2) Try not to let the extra games sink our league campaign.

foligno_calcio_2_logo_primary.jpg

After a hectic month I have knocked FM Net games on the head as it was taking too much time and I was never able to improve as a manager (fm14 not been kind to me). I am now able to play this again.

I will post a season review update tomorrow.

One question though.

When I sold a player on a co-ownership deal, It has just came up to make decision on him.

I was forced to bid for him by the game but I set it to 0 as I wasn't sure if I was allowed etc but because the other team didn't bid I have got him 100% again.

My transfer history now shows I have signed a player for free.

Is this ok?

http://s17.postimg.org/uwzbggbv3/Foligno_Transfers_Transfer_History_6.png

I've taken over at Kingstonian, managed to get them on the first attempt.

General Information

Squad Part 1 and 2

Finances

Youth Player Intake

Steven Annun - YP01 - He has some ability and will be played every now and then. I have 4 keepers though so I won't ever really go through a crisis where he will be the only left. He's nothing special.

Vasilis Goutsios - YP02 - Another keeper. Even less special than Annun. Not really worth writing about.

James Palmer - YP03 - The Crown Jewel; the King of Kingstonian. Belgian, so he's got talent in abundance, naturally. My poorly qualified Ass. Man says he has potential to become a leading Championship CB so hopefully I can get big bucks for him.

Michael Kershaw - YP04 - Similar to Annun, will get some game time but not much.

Chernomorets-Novoross..png

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 7th Season Update (2020-21)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Horrible season. Our fullbacks could not handle Premier Division wingers by themselves anymore and that meant that our narrow formation was getting completely destroyed. We have a big shortage of talent that can play on the wings. I had to experiment with different tactics and formation all season long. We had to wait until the 23rd game of the season to get our first (and only) win! I have never experienced a miserable season like this before. Thankfully, my position was considered untouchable at the start of the season and even though it slipped down to insecure the board decided to stick with me through it.

We are going back down to the First Division with what I expect to be a different looking squad and a transition year coming up. Hopefully we can get right back up but I doubt it.

TABLE (please don't click that one :( )

SQUAD

TRANSFERS

FINANCES (forgot that one sorry)

Last season's goals:

1) At least 36 points FAILED

2) Get the recruitment network upgrated FAILED (I'm not even able to pick this request)

Key Players

None - we were that horrible this season that absolutely no one deserves to even be in this section...

YOUTH INTAKE

Only one tagged: Stanislav Landyrev (21a) but I forgot the screenshot

EARNED TAG (untagged youth candidates earning a tag after 10 league apps)

Two Players received that honor this season:

- GK Igor Karamyan from the class of 2017. Looks decent, he's the second best keeper on the team.

- ST Sergey Balakhnin got some games due to poor depth up front. Was outclassed at that level.

Chernomorets-Novoross..png

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 8th Season Update (2021-22)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

The summer transfer window brought a wind of change to the club. Dyshekov (15a) and Medyanskiy both wanted out after our relegation. Arguably our strongest players were leaving us for greener pastures. Dyshekov yielded us a healthy 4.5 million and Medyanskiy 1.2. I was confident that our midfield would cope without Medyanskiy and had targeted Selin to have a breakout season. As for our number one striker leaving us, that left us with a big hole up front. Especially since I like to play a two striker partnership and already didn't have much of a supporting striker. I turned to young and unproven Balakhnin (17x) and Zelenskiy (20b) to produce for us. We also fully transitioned to a 352 formation to take advantage of my depth in central defence and my lack of full backs. A few players were identified for retraining as left and right midfielders.

The season proceeded well enough. Unfortunately, a streak where we won only 3 times in 14 matches midway through the season guaranteed that we would be spending at least another season in the First Division. We finished in 7th position, not great but not bad either for a transitional year. Lots of young players got plenty of chances to show their potential and it paid off to a certain extent. We scored the second most goals in the league (73) this season and my young striker partnership was very impressive with a combine 34 goals between them. They will now be looked at for leading this team to promotion in the coming season.

TABLE

SQUAD

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Key Players

Vladimir Zelenskiy (20b) - Really stepped up after Dyshekov's departure and showed that he belongs. He appeared in 18 matches while in the Premier Division which definitely helped his development but I hadn't expected that kind of season from him. Second most league goals scored in a season in the team's history.

Sergey Balakhnin (18x) - What a difference a year makes. He went from being an untagged youth player to scoring 16 goals and assisting on as many. Team record for assists. Was not as consistent as Zelenskiy but when he was on he was a beast. Easily the surprise of the season.

Oleg Zolot'ko (18a) - I really like him. Although he was out injured for an extended period, he was class whenever on the field. He does the small things. Very dependable defensive winger. Hoping for better luck on the injury front next season.

YOUTH INTAKE

Anton Kirilenko (22a) - Good looking winger. Not much of a team player unfortunately. Will get a look as a left mid.

Evgeny Ustinov (22b) - Much needed depth at the striker position. Needs work but I think he will fit well in the squad.

Mikhail Sleptsov (22c) - He comes in at one of our deepest position. May let him develop in the U19 for a couple years.

EARNED TAG (untagged youth candidates earning a tag after 10 league apps)

Stanislav Uvarov (16x) - Spent the last three years away on loan. Finally made the team this season, mostly as a backup. Is competing with Zolot'ko for playing time so it might be tough for him to get more than cameo appearances here and there.

Vladimir Koblev (18x) - Good enough defender for the first division. We'll see if he sticks around whenever we get back to the Premier.

Goal for next season: Get promoted

I started this challenge but haven't posted my info. I run into the problem of not having enough players as they were signed by other teams for free in my first season isn't there an exception to sign at most 1 player?

Nice to see another Russia save still going bg0123 - Hopefully you can bounce back. I found the Russian top division can be brutal at first and no idea how i scraped survival for the first 3 years.

Goon14 - Nope you can never sign anyone, suggest you start again.

Thanks Jambo98. I'm really enjoying this save. Russia is an interesting league but the quality between the First Division and the Premier is huge. It a task made even harder with the possible 4 relegated teams from the Premier and 5 from the First.

Nice to see another Russia save still going bg0123 - Hopefully you can bounce back. I found the Russian top division can be brutal at first and no idea how i scraped survival for the first 3 years.

Goon14 - Nope you can never sign anyone, suggest you start again.

well its more challenging i will manage with the squad. I started in sweden by the way. managing Jönköping södra as I live there now and actually meet some of the players in my gym.

One question

When I sold a player on a co-ownership deal, It has just came up to make decision on him.

I was forced to bid for him by the game but I set it to 0 as I wasn't sure if I was allowed etc but because the other team didn't bid I have got him 100% again.

Is this ok?

http://s17.postimg.org/uwzbggbv3/Fol..._History_6.png

One question

Is this ok?

http://s17.postimg.org/uwzbggbv3/Fol..._History_6.png

That's fine, not like you could do anything about it.

Two games in to my Kingstonian career and two victories, 3-1 at home to Wealdstone and 2-0 at Maidenhead. Javlon Campbell has gotten 4 in those 2 so he's going to be key to my survival this season. 6 points closer to safety.

Thanks, I take it you always have to set offer to 0?

Question a mate has. if they are on a free, can you sign players that came through your youth system and got sold?. I have said no but wanted to confirm

No you can't :).

i beat the challange last year with fc united, trying this year with kings lynn, in year 2037 but kinda stuck in championship, cant produce good enough players to even place a middle table finish, iam 2 lazy to read the whole thread, did anybody beat the challange in england yet this years edition?

2hqtp4n.png

Kingstonian F.C Season Review 2014-15

Skrill North

Table | Squad Part 1 | Squad Part 2 | Fixtures Part 1 | Fixtures Part 2

The first season of new beginnings at Kingstonian has ended and has ended with another promotion. The original goal of their first season in the Skrill North was to consolidate their position there and hopefully build upon it next season. But with new manager Robert Fox's strict "youth only" policy and no new faces coming in whatsoever, what they managed to achieve was frankly, astounding. There were two players that were catalysts to the success the fans of Kingstonian were part of of this year. Firstly, there is Ali Chaaban. A Libyan native, Ali has played around the higher reaches of the English Non-League for the entirety of his career, but at 32 years of age, this was the first occasion where he showed some of the talent that he possess'. Many believe him to be nowhere near good enough to play at a level so close to the Football League, but on his day he is unplayable, and fortunately enough for Kingstonian; this day was very frequent. He ended the season with a career best 21 goals in 34 appearances, all of which starts, the Player of the Season Award and his partnership with Javlon Campbell, who is the second catalyst, was phenomenal. Javlon, was argubaly JUST worse than Ali this season. With his blistering pace and cool finishing he ripped the Skrill North apart, notching 8 goals in his first 4 games. He finished the season with 26 goals in 50 and was superb all season.

In terms of the results, given our early season form we should really have won the title and were looking good for it too all until 10 games from the end of the season. They then went on a run of picking up just 2 points from a possible 24 and all the fans were dreading the play offs, expecting to go out to resounding defeats. What with Javlon and Ali not firing, it was the turn of Warren Morgan to give us the promotion we were dreaming of and after a home draw with Bath in the first leg, he set us on their our to a 2-1 win away, and then got the only goal in the 1-0 win over Bromley in the play off final, cementing his name forever in the Kingstonian history books.

The FA Cup campaign, in comparison to our league campaign was absolutely abysmal for us. Barely scraping through against Sutton United in the Second Qualifying Round, we were defeated in the replay at home by Hemel Hempstead in the Third Qualifying Round. No money for us this season.

The FA Trophy went just us poorly as the FA Cup, you could say the play off semi-final win was revenge for this.

Youth

Will only show the best of my bunch, I'm giving a lot of them the opportunity to play but I cba to show you all of them.

James Palmer YP01C - He is still my crown jewel. Now they say he can become a good Premier League CB, it's going to be tough in the close season to keep him as he's still on a Youth Contract and won't sign a pro deal but I can hope.

Álvaro YP02F - This was from my most recent youth intake. He looks as though he's got bags of potential and I gave him a few games at the end of the season but he didn't produce anything decent.

Dave Champion YP02D - Also looks as though he has potential in abudance. Both him and Al will get games in the Skrill Premier.

[font=courier new]Season                    League                 Position                        FA Cup                      FA Trophy
[/font][font=courier new]2014-15                   Skrill North           5th (Promoted through Playoffs) 3rd Qualifying Round        FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round[/font]

i beat the challange last year with fc united, trying this year with kings lynn, in year 2037 but kinda stuck in championship, cant produce good enough players to even place a middle table finish, iam 2 lazy to read the whole thread, did anybody beat the challange in england yet this years edition?

When you say you beat the challenge, what you really mean is you holidayed for 30 years...

So after qualifying for the CL for the first time, and going right into the group stages, we faced our first ever match in Europe. We have started this season in the league horribly. After 8 games we still have less points than a triangle....

So for our first every european game, we welcome Benfica. I feared an absolute mauling given how rubbish we had been playing, and how much stronger Benfica are. They have several players on £50K per week plus.

I didnt expect this........

EBCB2F3E9FD0AD14FBBCD0DB134E032D00A0F880

9 CCC in a champions league game:eek:

FC_United.png

F.C. United First Season Preview

Manager Profile ~ Starting Squad ~ Facilities ~ Transfers

Just a quick post to start things out. I will be editing this with squad analysis and tactical ideas as soon as I get an assistant manager. Huge thanks to SMP20 For the formatting.

So I have had the chance to look in to the squad. Sadly a couple of the players I wanted to stay did not accept contracts, but I should be ok. When I signed in there was a pending transfer I could not cancel, so liam willis has joined the squad. All the in the squad looks like it should survive regulation. Now to find a model professional jpp 16+ head of youth dev.

2014/15 Season Goals

1. Finish in the Top Half of Skrill North
  2. Upgrade Junior Coaching
  3. Increase Club Finances
  4. Bonus: Cup run in FA Cup or FA Trophy

• 2 weeks later...

Always loved this Challenge, RFC Liege was the most fun i had a few versions ago. I tried to start with Met Police earlier this version but there was a bug at the time and so i never got more than a season or so in. Now to try for real.....

So i decided to go play in France, it's been awhile since i have played there. So after an holiday Season (or two, i like a few options. Or i would if AS Cannes and GF-38 didn't come up both times).

So i decided to go with Grenoble Foot 38

Club Background

This is me: Profile|Info.

So i have this guy already joining.

The first thing i did as Manager was speak to the club about Giving Youth a Chance!

Finances|Squad

So looking at my 25 man squad this will be my main lineup.

I always do a little research on any club i take over/before i take over (thanks Wikipedia), here's what i found on Grenoble Foot 38.

GF38_Lpgo_zps60d37382.jpg

A fast rise is often followed by an even faster fall. After getting promoted up into the top tier of French Football in the 07/08 season Grenoble were set for their first full season in brand new Stade des Alpes, 20,000 Capacity Stadium. They had average 9,999 fans since moving into the Stadium in February (2008). This was the first time Grenoble had been in Ligue 1 for 35 years and they finished 13th. Into the 2009/10 season their second back in the top flight Grenoble broke a very unwanted record, on 31 October 2009, Grenoble set a record for most consecutive losses in French football following the club's eleven straight league defeat, an 0–2 loss to Lille. The previous record of ten straight defeats, held by Sète, had been intact since 1947. The losing streak came to an end the following week, on 7 November, following the club's 0–0 draw with AS Monaco. Their attendance dropped to an Average of 14,130 after reaching close to capacity the previous season. April 10th Grenoble became the first club to be relegated after spending just 2 seasons in Ligue 1.

Back in Ligue 2 Grenoble's ground capacity had been extended to 20,068, but the average attendance for this season was at just a 1/3 of the previous seasons at 5,235. The club suffered a second succesive relegation looking set to fall into the third tier of French football, the Championnat National. On 26 May 2011, following a preliminary review of each club's administrative and financial accounts in the Championnat National, the DNCG ruled that Pacy Vallée-d'Eure, Strasbourg, Gap, Grenoble, and Cannes would be relegated to the Championnat de France amateur after the organisation determined that the clubs were enduring financial difficulties. The clubs had the option to appeal the ruling.

Two weeks later, Grenoble confirmed on its website that the Appeals Board of the DNCG had informed club officials that it will be relegated to the fourth division. Grenoble, subsequently, entered liquidation on 7 July. On 13 July, Grenoble's relegation was validated. After that the club would be unable to participate in the CFA1 and would instead be placed in Group E, CFA2 the 5th Tier of French football for the 2011/12 Season. The club won it's group finishing on 92 points, they also had the longest unbeaten run in all the Groups at 18 games from 20th August - 10th March.

2012/13 Grenoble Foot 38 finished 3rd in the CFA1, Group B. The club was deducted 2 points but still finished 4 points below Champions Strasbourg, they did however have the best goal difference in the Group, +38 (63 For, 30 Against). Into 2013/14 (the first time since their 2 Seasons in the top flight that they have been in the same division more than one Season) and Grenoble Foot 38 managed to gain promotion back into the 3rd Tier.

After a long hiatus, I have decided to re-open my Fakel Voronezh file. And after re-reading my updates, I have been motivated to continue onwards with the challenge.

For those of you who haven't seen my progress, the updates start in pagge 8 and last until page 12

A quick overview: of my positions for the first 6 seasons (in a 20 team league where the bottom 5 get relegated): 14th, 11th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th

With 5 games of the regular season left, and possibly 2 more play-off games, I hope to update today or tomorrow on my progress, as well as cathcing up with how all of you are doing!

1 FC Magdeburg

I'm 4 seasons ahead of my last update.

But unfortunally my laptop crashed after that. I hope it can be fixed and I have my screenshots.

So only a little update:

Season 2015-2016: 2nd division: 10th

Season 2016-2017: 2nd division: 7th

Season 2017-2018: 2nd division: 1th and promotion.

Season 2018-2019: 1th division: 7th and just missed European football, but a youngster of me (Oswald (YP0b) became topscorer in the first division.

The future is looking good, if the save isn't lost. If so, I will do a very large update of these seasons.

Grenoble Foot 38 Season 1 2014/15;

GF38_Lpgo_zps60d37382.jpg

Finances.

French National Table|Fixtures

The Squad - Couldn't register the new Youth Candidates after they joined the club, which is a shame as they would of gotten some game time.

Key Players;

Jean-Mathieu Descamps - Top Scorer, will probably take a back seat to YP1 next season but his goals were very important this year.

ht/FM14/Frederic Thomas - Can play in a variety of positions which made him a very important player for us while we only had a squad of 25.

Hugo Cianci - Our best player, and voted player of the season by our fans unsurprisingly. We really need to keep him at the club for the next few years while some youngsters develop.

Look no Signings... - Well actually there was that one that was signed before i took over.

Best XI - We'll miss his experience, but we have a lot of CB's so should do fine.

Youth Candidates;

Some good variety a lot (probably all) will get some game time, a few will be slotted straight into the first 11, could of done with a better LB though...

YP1 Fabrice Ratinet - Coach Report

Aims for next season;

Finish Above 8th.

Re-train someone as a LB.

Get a couple of the Youth Candidates into the Best XI.

FC Fakel Voronezh

| Season 7 | 2020-2021 |

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Facilities | Finances | Transfers |

Russian National Football League: 3rd

What a season. We finally ended our streak of consecutive 7th places. As it happened, we spent the whole season in the top 6, and didn't drop lower than third after the 5th match day. We actually spent a lot of time in the top two spots, to the point that our drop to third at the end was semi dissapointing. Regardless, only 5 points away from automatic promotion is a great achievement. By finishing third, we earned our spot in the promotion/relegation play-off against a Premier Division team. And instead of Mordovia, who are of a much more similar stature to us, we had to face Kuban Krasnodar of all teams. To show you the magnitude of the challenge that we were facing, just take into account that Kuban are our parent club. That they participated in the Europa League this season. That they hadn't been in a relegation play-off since the start of the save. But as the draw set this fixture up, we headed over, determined to make the most of the experience regardless of the result.

Before we get to the first leg, let me first discuss some player performances this season: Mars Yurjev returned this season, managing 15 goals and 16 assists in 35 matches. He got injured towards the back end of the season, but had returned to the team in time for the first leg of the play-off. What hasn't been said about his striker partner, the wizard that is Alexandr Chekalin? Another brilliant season from the club's first youngster, scoring 18 goals and making 11 assists in 38 matches. His importance grew once Yurjev got injured, and he led the team to secure 3rd spot. He has scored 99 league goals so far, just one away from the centenary. Could he grab it against Kuban? In Midfield, this has been a season of consolidation for Alexandr Tkachev as he has made the AP role in our 2 man midfield his own. Next to him will be Sergey Vasiljev, who didn't have the best of seasons but will be vital in this games. And at the back, of course, we have the captain and leader if the team: Alexandr Solodkov. Our skipper had another amazing season at the back, also chipping in with the odd goal. With him on the pitch, we are that much better and any chance we may have against Kuban depends on him being in top form. So now that we've got that out of the way, let's see if we can earn promotion!!!

Kuban 2-1 Fakel

We were lucky. They dominated the match from begging to end, and probably should have won by more. But after a first half in which they made the game seem like a rout in the making, I managed to inspire my players who came out with everything they had determined to make the series interesting. And that was when Alexandr Chekalin scored his 100th league goal for the club, a possibly vital away goal that meant we were heading into the home match with only a 1 goal deficit.

Fakel 2-2 Kuban

For 10 beautiful second half minutes, Fakel were in the Premier Division. After dominating the first half throughout and coming close more times than I could bear, we finally took the lead in stoppage time with the man himself, Alexandr Chekalin, scoring to put us momentarily up. And then we began the second half like we began the first, pushing on and we got a reward just 6 minutes later, Chekalin once again scoring. 2-0 to Fakel. I couldn't believe my eyes. And fully deserved too. But then Fate decided it wasn't our time. In the 55th minute, Kuban equalize the series on aggregate through a brilliant free-kick. And then in the 71st they got the goal that secured them another season in the top flight from a corner. Set pieces had robbed us of something, that atleast based on our second leg performance, we deserved. The pride I felt for the team didn't change with the result. And as they say, "We'll go again".

Russian Cup: Fifth Round

An alright showing for us in the cup again, winning against a lowly side after playing a mixed team and then bowing out against a Premier Division team. Nothing truly remarkable from our performances in either match, as we got the expected results in both.

Youth Intake

Quite an intake, leaving 6 tags. Notables are Anisimov, who came into the squad and even played in the play-off second leg, and Chitaia, who played well during the last few games at right-back.

Anton Abakumov - YP7a (AMR/MR)

Not the best player right now, but if he can develop that pace, and some good technicals, he should be part of the first team soon enough, competing for those precious right midfield minutes.

Sergey Anisimov- YP7b (DC)

Already good enough for the first team, and its easy to see why. Strong in the air and with decent enough stats for tackling and marking, just what is needed for my deep line limited defenders.

Artem Svanidze - YP7c (GK)

A good goal-keeper already, I'm hoping he will be the future starter. That eccentrity will provide for quite some interesting plays for sure, but hopefully he can be more Higuita at Wembley than Higuita vs Camerun!

Zurab Chitaia - YP7d (DR)

Another player who already looks good, and I was pleased with how he performed when given the chance. Has quite a future in front of him.

Pavel Plyaskin- YP7e (ML)

That crossing stat looks very tempting, and despite the competition for left midfield that is currently happening, if he can improve his physicals he could have a real chance at making the spot his own.

Gennady Kuzntesov - YP7f (ST)

A player who I really like the look of. With a bit of work on his pace, I hope to turn him into more of an advance forward than a target man, as I really like how his technicals are spread out.

Key Players

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

First season as club captain, and what a season he had for us.

Pavel Gerasimov - YP3b (DC)

First season as a starter for Pavel and he performed admirably partnering Solodkov.

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Our best midfielder without a doubt in the world. He makes the team tick, making smart quick passes forward to our forwards. While he doesn't have many assists, he is vital for the way we play.

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

A season of redemption for the young striker, who after only hitting four goals last season led the team until a late season injury, scoring 15 and making 16 assists en route to winning the Russian First Division Young Player of the Year and Russian First Division Players' Select awards. Truly remarkable response from him.

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

The club vice-captain finished the season on fire stats-wise: with 3 goals over the 2 legs of the play-offs to finish with 21 in the season (personal record) as well as 11 assists. He is the club's top league goalscorer of all time, having notched 102 strikes in 225 games. Without him, a promotion push would have been a lot harder, and I hope he can lead us once more next season as our fight for promotion continuous.

Previous Youth Prospects

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Sergey Vasiljev - YP3a (MC)

Salim Gerasimov - YP3b (GK)

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

Marat Khudiev - YP3d (DC)

Vladimir Merenkov - YP3e (ML/AML)-NO LONGER AT CLUB

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (ST/AMR)

Dmitry Zhirny - YP3g (DR)

Zaur Cherkasov - YP3h (DM)

Andrey Popov - YP3i (DL)

Dmitry Tseryuta- YP3j (DC)

Anatoly Gibadullin - YP4a (MC/MR)

Denis Suleimanov - YP4b (MC/AMC)

Igor Milovanov - YP4c (DM)

Humberto Arenas - YP4d (ST)

Igor Kasimirov - YP4e (ML)

Maxim Tseryuta - YP5a (DR)

Maxim Kurdanin - YP5b (MC/AMC)

Arthur Dimitriev - YP5c (MR/AMR)

Pavel Gerasimov - YP5d (DC)

Ruslan Zhuravlev - YP5e (DM/MC)

Dmitry Meshkov - YP5f (MC/AMC)

Denis Kiselev - YP5g (MR/AMR)

Gennady Rybalkin - YP6a (DM/MC)

Vladimir Mukhanov - YP6b (ML/AML/AMC)

Shamil Gadjiev - YP6c (DC)

Surprising Youth Prospects

Igor Timofeev - YP1 (MC)

Didn't partcipate much this season due to some insane salary demands for most of it that made me push him into the fringes of the team. Eventually he lowered his demands, and I was able to secure him for another year, in which he should be more prominent.

Adam Meshkov - YP3 (DL/DR)

Another season as first choice, as the prospects can't seem to overtake him. Might struggle to remain at the club.

Off The Pitch...

This year we will say good bye to our last remaining players from the original squad (excluding a regen youngster) in Vladimir Tatarchuk and Fedor Djatchenko. Tatarchuk leaves us as he has decided to retire following the final game of the season. He wasnt getting into the team lately, but his importance for our first few seasons cannot be underestimated. For starters, his final appearance was his 251st league appearance, which is the record for a Fakel player. And it is no surprise to me that he is one of four players to be listed under favored personnel. Meanwhile, Djatchenko leaves us after I chose to make Salim Gerasimov our starter and he got an offer to join Big Boys Lokomotiv Moscow. I wish him luck in his next adventure, as no less could be wished for a player who managed 225 league appearances for the club. Two very important players of past days leaving, as now all of our squad will be U-23.

Goals From Last Season

• Play-off challenge ACHIEVED!!!
  • Integrate youth players into First Team ACHIEVED!!!
  • Have a cup run FAILED!!!!!
  • Improve Training Facilities FAILED!!!!!

Goals For Next Season

• Promotion, nothing else
  • Improve Something if Possible

1 FC Magdeburg

I'm 4 seasons ahead of my last update.

But unfortunally my laptop crashed after that. I hope it can be fixed and I have my screenshots.

So only a little update:

Season 2015-2016: 2nd division: 10th

Season 2016-2017: 2nd division: 7th

Season 2017-2018: 2nd division: 1th and promotion.

Season 2018-2019: 1th division: 7th and just missed European football, but a youngster of me (Oswald (YP0b) became topscorer in the first division.

The future is looking good, if the save isn't lost. If so, I will do a very large update of these seasons.

The game is saved, but the screenshots are lost.

Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

Manager Profile ~ Manager Experience ~ Previous Transfers

I've decided to give this challenge another go after thoroughly enjoying my Bury Town save. This time I'm starting in Holland with Rijnsburgse Boys on the 7th July 2014. My first task is to tie all current players down to professional contracts as the club has made the jump from being amateurs to pros!! I've never managed in Holland before so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Our facilities and youth set up are shocking so we will need to get the wheels in motion as soon as possible.

smp20 I wont leave you alone ! Lets do something here. In my game WKE gets promotion so im taking them . Little bit better Fac but squad is not so good. Lets do it! Survive!
good luck smp20!!!

Cheers guys. I made the mistake of turning off the auto save and forgetting to put it back and as such lost a game that I was into October with (sitting comfortably in 8th/9th). I will be restarting this again tonight!

smp20 I wont leave you alone ! Lets do something here. In my game WKE gets promotion so im taking them . Little bit better Fac but squad is not so good. Lets do it! Survive!

Snoogle, since going back WKE have come up for me as well, going to re-do it until I get someone different though.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2014/15 Season

Jupiler League ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Appearances

Kerklaan ~ Robertson ~ Hoxhaj ~ Broekhuizen

I'm very happy with our first season in the Jupiler League. Throughout the whole season we were in the playoff positions and up until the last few games we were in with a shout for the championship. However we seemed to run out of steam towards the end and run of 7 games without a win put us in bad form going into the playoffs. Here we faced F.C. Emmen who overturned our 2-1 home victory to beat us 4-3 on aggregate. Heracles beat them in the final, whilst Groningen beat Sparta to keep their place in the Eredivisie. We were impressive in the Dutch Cup reaching the Quarter-Finals where it took a strong PSV side penalties to knock us out. PSV went on to win the Cup, beating lower division town rivals FC Eindhoven in the final. The star of the campaign for us was Petrit Hoxhaj, who doesn't look amazing on paper but played his Trequartista role brilliantly getting the highest average rating in the division and picking up 14 Jupiler League assists.

Youth Intake

Joseph Vreven YP01* ~ Arnoud Smith YP01B

I wasn't expecting fireworks with our first youth intake given that we had adequate junior coaching (recently upgraded) and basic youth recruitment but it does look as though we've brought through two players that could become first teamers. Vreven is the star of the intake and he has some great attributes for a centre back whereas Smith possesses pace but needs some serious work on the mental side of his game. He's being tutored to help with this.

First problem in WKE is that my squad is really poor like 6 points in 12 matches and bigest they didnt turn professional after promotion. Dunno if i can do it with such things but if not I wont let this challenge die and try again

Yeah I imagine the teams that go up and stay semi-pro (WKE, Katwijk etc.) will struggle for quality and fitness. WKE have much better facilities but you've got to be able to keep them in the Jupiler :/

Rijnsburgse Boys 2015/16 Season

Jupiler League ~ Dutch Cup ~ Post Jan Form ~ Player Appearances

This season we finished on exactly the same points as last season but it was a very different one. We had an average start to the season but our form picked up in the second half. However towards the end catastrophe hit and we lost 3 in a row putting us out the play-offs. This included a 6-0 thrashing at home by Sparta and a loss to Oss who were just one place below us before the game and ended up taking our playoff place. FC Eindhoven and Helmond Sport claimed play-off spaces despite finishing below us, but it was Sparta and RKC who were triumphant and will be in the Eredivisie next season, which was won yet again by Ajax. The likes of Robertson and Hoxhaj have been developing nicely, but much of our squad is aging and therefore declining which didn't help our poor defence. Vreven YP01* has improved greatly and has been pretty regular in the first team, but his performances have shown he isn't quite ready yet.

Youth Intake

Vonk YP02* ~ van Eijk YP02B ~ Adams YP02C ~ Maas YP02D ~ Peeters YP02E ~ Groenendijk YP02F ~ Schuurman YP02G

We now have average junior coaching and fairly basic recruitment which is by no means great but I was very impressed with our intake this year. I'm very much looking forward to developing Joris Vonk who looks as though he could become a key player in the heart of our midfield and already has the ability to dictate the tempo of the game. While there are plenty of others coming through with first team potential which alleviates some of my concerns regarding the deterioration of our aging first teamers.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2016/17 Season

Jupiler League ~ Play-Offs ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Performances

Our best season yet in the Jupiler League where we finished on 68 points, but it finished with agony as we were beaten on away goals in the final Eredivisie Play-Off. We were very disappointing in the cup losing to amateurs - their goal was a late penalty and we lost our heads in extra time with two experienced players getting sent off. Joost Habraken found his goalscoring boots picking up the Jupiler Golden Boot, while Hoxhaj was class as always and Kerklaan was solid between the sticks. Arnoud Smith had a great impact for us this season scoring 10 goals while Joseph Vreven is starting to show his star quality by becoming a first team regular and solid performer.

Youth Intake

Peek YP03* ~ Simons YP03B ~ Janssen YP03C ~ Verhoeven YP03D ~ van der Plas YP03E ~ Holwijn YP03F ~ Busscher YP03G

Another solid youth intake, though I must add that a 4.5-5* potential player is described as being a good or leading Jupiler League player so we're not bringing through top youngsters yet. This time our star is Kevin Peek who looks as though he could become a great attacking midfielder for us, while Janssen looks like he will be taking over the mantle in the Half-Back role.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2017/18 Season

Jupiler League ~ Play-Offs ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Appearances

This was our worst season in the league on just 59 points but despite this we made the play-offs. We made it all the way to final game, but a 2-0 aggregate lead was not enough and we collapsed to a 3-0 loss for yet another season of play-off agony. For the second year running we lost to non-league opposition in the cup, this time it was Volendam who had recently been through a double relegation. However, a positive note for the season is the amount of youngsters that now frequent our first team and the numbers will only rise.

Youth Intake

Janmaat YP04* ~ Kila YP04B ~ Brouwers YP04C ~ Huitema YP04D ~ Berry de Vos YP04E ~ Maurice Janssen YP04F ~ Bouwmans YP04G

Our intake seems to be getting better by the year - both Janmaat and Kila look like they could become first team stars:)

Transfer History

2014/15 ~ 2015/16 ~ 2016/17 ~ 2017/18

I've forgotten to add the required transfer screen shots so far so here they are. I joined on 7th July 2014 so all first season transfers were before that. For some reason Kila is listed as a transfer in despite coming from our youth intake and being signed the day after.

Archived