ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

FC Fakel Voronezh

| Season 8 | 2021-2022 |

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Facilities | Finances | Transfers |

Russian National Football League: 4th

In one way, we regressed this season, finishing with one point less and one spot behind. On the other hand, we got promoted after one of the closest promotion battles in recent history as far as the Russian First Division is concerned. We began very well, playing like a Premier division team and in most games getting the points. But in certain games we dominated and only got draws, and those were the points that ended up costing us automatic promotion. The team started to struggle a bit more as time went on, but we managed to secure our play-off place with time to spare. In the play-offs we would face Krylja Sovetov, who had finished 13th in the Premier Division, just 2 away from safety. This would be a massive task, with everyone basically giving us no chance, including Krylja's Head Coach. But I thought we could challenge them, and hopefully beat them, if we were lucky. First up was an away leg, were I felt even a 1 goal defeat could be good if we managed to score.

Krylja Sovetov 0-1 Fakel Voronezh

I was not expecting this. We were massive underdogs, and gave them a very good game, deservedly taking a lead ahead of the second leg. Mars Yurjev, his inconsistent self, broke a goalscoring duck at just the right time, as his placed finish gave us real hope ahead of the second leg.

Fakel Voronezh 4-0 Krylja Sovetov (5-0 on Aggregate)

The second leg started off very slowly. 0-0 at half time and the game could go either way. But then the team responded to my team-talk and we began the second half with a bang, but in the 50th minute who else but Alexandr Chekalin popped up to score and put us 1-0 up in the match and 2-0 up in the series. Could this really be happening?

Well, 5 minutes later the wizard of Voronezh, Chekalin, was at it again, grabbing his 20th goal of the season to put us 2-0 up on the day and 3-0 up on the series.. Surely we couldn't be caught now, even with the away goals rule? Surely now was time to shut up shop and defend our lead?

My players had different ideas: In the 61st minute, Yurjev scored to put us 3-0 up and I couldn't believe my eyes. And the disbelief increased when Chekalin got his hat-trick in the 78th minute to put us 5-0 up on aggregate. That moment was when I realized we were going to get promoted, and in quite some style. An obliteration of a current Premier Division side showed that we are more than ready for the step up.

Our second half performance was nothing less than heroic, as we look forward to the step up after absolutely obliterating Krylja over the two legs with our resolute defending and ruthless attack.

As proof for the strength of the First Division, it was nice to see Ufa also obliterated Kuban 5-0 on aggregate in the other play-off, which means that for the first time since the start of the game, FOUR clubs have earned promotion to the Premier Division. Bring on the relegation scrap!

Russian Cup: Fourth Round

Back to our usual cup-selfs, losing our only match. I played a lot of the fringe players and whilst some played well, we lacked the killer instinct we normally have and got knocked out in extra-time.

Youth Intake

Another quality intake, with the best of the bunch looking like quite a player...

Victor Tigiev - YP8a (ML)

Those stats look very good for a 15 year old, and with that pace and acceleration, he should terrorize the Premier Division for years to come.

Mark Safonov - YP8b (DR/WBR)

He looks good as well, and having already played for the first team, his involvement should increase next season.

Boris Kuznetzov - YP8c (MC/AMC)

Another central-mid, but atlast, one with over 10 work-rate!!! That in itself should lead to him becoming part of the squad soon enough.

Sergey Podshibyakin - YP8d (MR/AMR)

With his complex last name also comes talent, with a lot of his technicals on the verge of making him quite a good player.

Pavel Nazarov - YP8e (ST)

The striker of the intake, and with those mentals (as well as that decent pace) he has every chance of making it, should his technicals improve

Evgeny Vishnyakov - YP8f (DC)

A no nonsense center-back, but his lack of any technical ability could seioudly harm his chances of earning a spot in the highly coveted center-back spot.

Key Players

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Captain again, and while he didn't do as well as last season, still did well enough to help us achieve our goal of promotion.

Sergey Vasiljiev - YP3a (MC)

A brilliant season for the midfielder, adding 9 assists to his 3 goals in his best season to date. Vital in the AP role in our central midfield.

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Continues to be vital for the team, and despite some of the burden being shared by Vasijiev, is very important for the team defensively and in starting plays.

Vladimir Mukhanov - YP6b (ML/AML/AMC)

A breakthrough season for the 18 year old as he made the ML spot his own, playing in every single one of our 38 league games. Vital in the play-offs for us, his talent really showing in the second leg.

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (AMR/ST)

It's not often I would put someone with Popov's stats in this section, but this year there was no choice. With Yurjev and Chekalin rotating their injuries, the burden fell on him to be the mainstay in the team, and he performed very well when given the start, scoring 9 goals that helped us on our way.

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

One of the play-off heroes had a great start to the season, scoring 8 goals in his first 9 games. But as the season continued his goals started to dry up. But he recovered to get his goalscoring touch ready, scoring in the final game of the league season, as well as both play-off legs to end the season with 15 goals and 10 assists in 35 games.

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

The Wizard of Voronezh showed up again when the team needed it the most, scoring 3 goals in the play-offs for a second season running. But his second leg performance was pure master-class, as he scored 21 goals for a second straight season, and also got 10 assists. He is the club's leading appearance maker after surpassing Tatarchuk this season, currently at 259 league games. And he also is the top league goal-scorer, with 123 strikes so far in his career. A club-legend in the making who my scouts still think can improve a lot. Cannot underestimate his influence at the club.

Previous Youth Prospects

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Sergey Vasiljev - YP3a (MC)

Salim Gerasimov - YP3b (GK)

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

Marat Khudiev - YP3d (DC)

Vladimir Merenkov - YP3e (ML/AML)-NO LONGER AT CLUB

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (ST/AMR)

Dmitry Zhirny - YP3g (DR)

Zaur Cherkasov - YP3h (DM)-NO LONGER AT CLUB

Andrey Popov - YP3i (DL)

Dmitry Tseryuta- YP3j (DC)

Anatoly Gibadullin - YP4a (MC/MR)

Denis Suleimanov - YP4b (MC/AMC)

Igor Milovanov - YP4c (DM)

Humberto Arenas - YP4d (ST)

Igor Kasimirov - YP4e (ML)

Maxim Tseryuta - YP5a (DR)

Maxim Kurdanin - YP5b (MC/AMC)

Arthur Dimitriev - YP5c (MR/AMR)

Pavel Gerasimov - YP5d (DC)

Ruslan Zhuravlev - YP5e (DM/MC)

Dmitry Meshkov - YP5f (MC/AMC)

Denis Kiselev - YP5g (MR/AMR)

Gennady Rybalkin - YP6a (DM/MC)

Vladimir Mukhanov - YP6b (ML/AML/AMC)

Shamil Gadjiev - YP6c (DC)

Anton Abakumov - YP7a (AMR/MR)

Sergey Anisimov- YP7b (DC)

Artem Svanidze - YP7c (GK)

Zurab Chitaia - YP7d (DR)

Pavel Plyaskin- YP7e (ML)

Gennady Kuzntesov - YP7f (ST)

Surprising Youth Prospects

Igor Timofeev - YP1 (MC)

Played a lot from the bench, with him being a reliable player to substitute Tkachev. Got a 2 year deal towards the end of the season, with his importance for the team balance next season getting me to offer him the two years.

Adam Meshkov - YP3 (DL/DR)

The biggest mistake I've ever seen an assistant make, as this player who wasn't going to make it has become our star left-back, having played no less than 96 games already and looking set to continue as first choice next season.

Arthur Saenko - YP2 (GK)

The club's second choice keeper this season, he performed well when Gerasimov was injured. In total he played 14 games for the club between cup and league, and will leave the club in search of first team football as his contract expires. All I can do is wish a loyal servant well, and hope he gets the minutes he deserves.

Off The Pitch...

Surprisngly, I only finished second in the Head Coach Of The Year awards. As well I got all this nice messages after securing promotion: 1 2 3 4 AND OF COURSE, THE BIG ONE

Goals From Last Season

• Promotion, nothing else ACHIEVED!!!
  • Improve Something if Possible ACHIEVED-Junior Coaching Improved!

Goals For Next Season

• Survival
  • Survival
  • Survival
  • Survival

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

Rijnsburgse Boys 2018/19 Season

Jupiler League ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Appearances ~ Transfers

2018/19 was our season, everything just clicked and we won the league to earn the elusive spot in the Eredivisie. At one point we won 14 straight games! Our more experienced players like Hoxhaj, Habraken and Kerklaan had great seasons while our young players started to shine with Groenendijk and Kila particularly impressing. We were knocked out by Eredivisie opponents and have been unable to match our Quarter-Final run of 2014/15 for many seasons but at least we gained promotion this year.

Connor Page - The Legacy

Player Profile ~ Personal Information

For the first time in the history of my FM playing time I have generated a son :D. Connor is a strapping centre half who has some great starting attributes but also a lot of work to do. However, with 5* potential it looks as though he's got plenty of room for growth and needless to say that I'm going to be a very biased manager playing him as many games as possible to aid his development. He's made a great start to his career, playing in all 5 possible league games and in doing so become the clubs youngest ever player and the league's youngest ever goalscorer. As a spoiler he went on the break records in the Eredivisie early on, breaking the youngest goalscorer there.

Youth Intake

Demirel YP05B ~ Oliva YP05C ~ Ozturk YP05D ~ van Boxtel YP05E ~ van Wonderen YP05F ~ Rene van de Berg YP05G ~ El Kaddouri YP05H

Even without Page coming through it was a good youth intake. Demirel is likely to be developed into a right back, while Oliva looks as though he could become a class keeper and Ozturk is already wanted by some big Turkish sides.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2019/20 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Appearances ~ Transfers

Our first season in the Dutch top-flight was all about survival and we managed to do so. We were looking pretty comfortable until a poor run at the end of the season but just about saw it through wit 39 points from 34 games. Disappointing in the Dutch Cup yet again, it's becoming somewhat of a theme for us. Player performances were not amazing, but I didn't expect many 7.00s considering we were 2,000-1 to win the league and therefore predicted to finish bottom with very little to show for. Instead, we've had a season where players like Page and Janmaat have become key first teamers and as a result have developed extremely well. In terms of facilities development we haven't been able to do much due to constant take over talks, which keep on falling through.

Connor Page

Connor was made a first teamer straight from appearing in our intake and this season he played in every game he was available for, missing just 3 through suspension. He may not have set the world alight, but playing over 30 Eredivisie games as a 16 year old has really helped his development and he can only improve performance wise.

Youth Intake

Klinkers YP06* ~ Kemkens YP06C ~ Bas Koster YP06D ~ Al Thijssen YP06E ~ Rick Gerritsen YP06F

Our youth intake was not quite as fruitful as last years, but Klinkers looks as though he will be able to challenge for the right back spot in the years to come.

I'm zooming through the seasons in 3/4 hours here, insane speed! Only having 2 leagues loaded on a 8GB i7 Laptop and not having to scour the world for signings is definitely helping.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2020/21 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Facilities ~ U19s League ~ Reserve League

It was another season of consolidation in 13th position but we have made progress. We're one point up on last season and we've not been anywhere near as shaky at the back. This season we finally made some progress in the Dutch Cup, reaching the quarter final and losing out to eventual winners Groningen. In the Eeredivie the domination of Ajax has faded and PSV have won it following surprising titles from FC Twente and Ado Den Haag. I still feel it will be a while until we are competing up there, but we are showing our strength in the youth ranks by winning the Reserve and U19 League and reaching the U19 Cup Final. The future is bright and with recent upgrades to our Junior Coaching (Exceptional) and Recruitment (Above Average) I am looking forward to players who can become stars in the Eredivisie. Speaking of rising stars, Wesley Janmaat is starting to show incredible potential and has been rewarded by his U21 Caps. Our stadium has increased in size too, with another 3,000 seats built in.

Connor Page

An update on the prodigal son :D. He's played every game apart from one he missed through suspension and his performances have improved from last season. He's gained a lot of pace in the last year and because of this he's committing fewer fouls and his mental attributes are coming along very nicely. He's also grown an inch to 6'3 and put on some weight in the gym so he's looking even more dominant in the air and in physical battles. I was proud to see him represent England U19s who went on to win the U19 European Championships - it will be interesting to see whether he will choose England or Holland should he ever reach that level.

Youth Intake

Timmermans YP07* ~ Pronk YP07B ~ Martina YP07C ~ Hamzic YP07D ~ Veldman YP07E ~ Bouwhuis YP07F ~ Van der Laan YP07G

This intake came before the recent youth upgrades so it was of a similar standard to the season before and once again our star man was a right back. We had several seasons without a good one coming through, then 3 come in straight intakes!

Rijnsburgse Boys 2021/22 Season

Eredivisie ~ European Play-Offs ~ Dutch Cup ~ Player Appearances ~ Transfers

A whole 10 point increase on last seasons tally saw us climb to 7th in a very tight league, beating our last two seasons at 13th place. This meant that we qualified for the European play-off but we fell at the first hurdle losing 3-2 on aggregate to Groningen. For the second season running we were knocked out in the Cup QF to the eventual winners but at least we're now showing we can regularly get to the latter stages. Hoxhaj yet again led the team out in the style picking up the best average rating but I have made the decision that this will be the 32-year-old Club Legend's last one. He's been remarkably consistent for us, as shown here, but I think now is the right time to let the younger players have a go. Experienced Keeper Dolf Kerklaan is also on his way out who had become a fan favourite. As you can see, Connor Page played nearly every minute of every game missing just one through suspension all season. I forgot to screen shot him at the end of the season and I'm now well into the next, but he has been developing extremely well and this season he was capped by both England and Holland U21s. We've had some falling outs this year as he wants to move to a bigger club, but eventually he signed a new contract. Demirel and Janmaat have had very good seasons (the former getting Fans Player of the Year) and Barry Huitema has surprised us all by coming into the first team and becoming top scorer. Lets hope this continues!

Youth Intake

Marvin Bos YP08* ~ Marinho Lammers YP08B

Our first disappointing intake and it is typical it would come after we've achieved 'Exceptional Junior Coaching'. Marvin Bos could become a good first team player with the right training and tutoring and Lammers is decent but no where near the level of right backs we've had come in before him.

You going crazy and fast smp20 well done. I wasnt able to play last days and today I tried to do something with WKE but unlucky 19position wasnt enough to survive (3 points) meh decent intake . I will try with Caplle or something like that once more :)

Rijnsburgse Boys 2022/23 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances

An excellent season and great strides of progress for our young squad. In the Eredivisie we were fantastic all season and even managed to get the double over PSV. Its just a shame that we lost our last 3 games to lose our 2nd place to FC Twente but nonetheless we're in Europe next season. We also managed to get our hands on our 2nd piece of Silverware by winning the Dutch Cup :). An 11-0 win in our first game was a sign of things to come and with PSV and Ajax knocked out early I always felt we had a chance - a great achievement for us. I'm going to do a specific player update shortly so I won't mention too much about players here, but what a season it was for Barry Huitima. In other news, Connor Page has picked up two caps for Holland, both in friendlies. I'm a proud Dad haha! However we had words after this... As you can see our facilities are coming on very nicely. Next season in the Europa League we will be sharing with ADO Den Haag in their 18k Stadium, which has covered up our youth recruitment on the screen which is now considered Established.

Youth Intake

Harry van Weert YP09* ~ Coen Veerman YP09B ~ Josh van der Ende YP09C ~ Emrah Guner YP09D ~ Tim Waaslander YP09E

Sentiments aside from getting a son through, in my opinion this is our best intake yet and our heavy investment into youth is starting to pay off! van Weert is billed to become a star Eredivisie player and I reckon he could form quite a partnership with Janmaat in the future. Coen Veerman is a beast at 6'6'' and with the right development plan could become the man to partner Connor Page while van der Ende, Guner and Waaslander look set to have bright futures in the game.

You going crazy and fast smp20 well done. I wasnt able to play last days and today I tried to do something with WKE but unlucky 19position wasnt enough to survive (3 points) meh decent intake . I will try with Caplle or something like that once more :)

Yeah I'm addicted to this save. Unlucky Sn00gle, was always going to be difficult with a Semi-Pro team. Maybe a team like Spakenburg or Katwijk would be a good option?

Rijnsburgse Boys - Player Development 2023

ZFjSudf.png

Joseph Vreven YP01*

Joris Vonk YP02*

Connor Page YP05*

Jochem Kila YP04B

Arthur Janssen YP03C

Vladimir Holwijn YP03F

Wesley Janmaat YP04*

Kevin Peek YP03*

Marciano Groenendijk YP02F

Maarten Demirel YP05B

Kees Verhoeven YP03D

Derrick Schuurman YP02G

Barry Huitema YP04D

Patrick Klinkers YP06*

Ray Kemkens YP06C

Gijs van Boxtel YP05E

Our two 'Golden Boys' are with no doubt Connor Page and Wesley Janmaat who keep on getting better and better. However, Barry Huitema has made a surprising emergence on the scene despite not being billed to be a star. Last season he was our top scorer with 11 Eredivisie goals but this season he's blown everyone out the water grabbing the Eredivisie Young player of the Year and Golden Boot (POTY). All time appearance holder Joseph Verven has been a fantastic servant for the club, but unfortunately now he's just not up to the standard and is leaving at the end of the season. Maarten Demirel has been our utility man playing everywhere across the back pretty well and Klinkers is making the right back position his own with some fantastic performances. Our weakest area is Left-Back, both Verhoeven and Groenendijk are not up to the standard and we need someone to come through the youth ranks. We are also weak in defensive mid and GK but we have some good youngsters ready to take the mantle in the near future.

Well will see but they must got promotion :D they going pro after promote?

Yeah it took me a few re-loads to get Rijnsburgse Boys again, best thing to do is save the day before the season update (5th July). Those two go pro after promotion.

Looking to start a save in Holland just need a few things clearing up first please, so basically i start with the squad am given of the new promoted team now next year when i get my youth intake say i get a GK DC ST MC, do i then get rid of any of the players in them positions from the starting squad and play my youth players even if there not up to scratch ?

I will then keep repeating this until my squad is just all my youth and everyone from my starting squad unless they came through the academy needs to be sold ?

Also am i able to upgrade youth and training facilities whenever i am able to afford to ? thanks

Looking to start a save in Holland just need a few things clearing up first please, so basically i start with the squad am given of the new promoted team now next year when i get my youth intake say i get a GK DC ST MC, do i then get rid of any of the players in them positions from the starting squad and play my youth players even if there not up to scratch ?

I will then keep repeating this until my squad is just all my youth and everyone from my starting squad unless they came through the academy needs to be sold ?

Also am i able to upgrade youth and training facilities whenever i am able to afford to ? thanks

Hi there. There is no need to 'get rid' of the current team players, you're just not allowed to sign anyone ever. I had a player (Hoxhaj) who stayed with me for 9 seasons before getting old and being released. You can renew contracts of current players too. Yes look to build up the facilities and youth system as much as you can so you can develop your players.

The season reset date in Holland is 6th July, so I'd holiday until the 4th/5th July, save it then reload until a team you fancy comes up. Good luck!

Hi there. There is no need to 'get rid' of the current team players, you're just not allowed to sign anyone ever. I had a player (Hoxhaj) who stayed with me for 9 seasons before getting old and being released. You can renew contracts of current players too. Yes look to build up the facilities and youth system as much as you can so you can develop your players.

The season reset date in Holland is 6th July, so I'd holiday until the 4th/5th July, save it then reload until a team you fancy comes up. Good luck!

Thanks I've started with Rijnsburgse Boys, i got them first time round but as you are already them i tried reloading another 4 times and every time they came up so decided to just stick with them ha.

So any youth intakes that are poor am free to just sell or release ? Never done nothing like this before so looking forward to it, i have been playing FMC mode for a while as it allows me to carry on my save in work etc but as you cant develop youth I've returned to the full game mode, think ill just have a save separate on the Vita. Anyway ill put my profile up in a sec

EDIT: Also have a question about amateur contracts, can other teams just come and sign my players for free ?

Thanks I've started with Rijnsburgse Boys, i got them first time round but as you are already them i tried reloading another 4 times and every time they came up so decided to just stick with them ha.

So any youth intakes that are poor am free to just sell or release ? Never done nothing like this before so looking forward to it, i have been playing FMC mode for a while as it allows me to carry on my save in work etc but as you cant develop youth I've returned to the full game mode, think ill just have a save separate on the Vita. Anyway ill put my profile up in a sec

EDIT: Also have a question about amateur contracts, can other teams just come and sign my players for free ?

Best of luck with this, Rijnsburgse Boys are a good team to start with :)

I'm assuming all of your players are starting on amateur contracts? Likeliness is that the previous regime have already offered contracts to all the players, some will fall through and you will probably want to offer those players new contracts. I'd advise not having any players on amateur contracts - clubs can just come in and sign them at any time.

Also if you weren't already doing this, setting ''developing young players at the club'' as a philosophy will make the board more likely to accept request for junior coaching / youth recruitment / facility upgrades.

P.S. where did you get the club badges from?

Best of luck with this, Rijnsburgse Boys are a good team to start with :)

I'm assuming all of your players are starting on amateur contracts? Likeliness is that the previous regime have already offered contracts to all the players, some will fall through and you will probably want to offer those players new contracts. I'd advise not having any players on amateur contracts - clubs can just come in and sign them at any time.

Also if you weren't already doing this, setting ''developing young players at the club'' as a philosophy will make the board more likely to accept request for junior coaching / youth recruitment / facility upgrades.

P.S. where did you get the club badges from?

Yes all are on amateur contracts some have been offered contracts by the club and some haven't, i might just offer the rest so i have a full squad for the first year at least. Thanks for the info about philosophy as i was planning to speak to them about developing young players.

The badges are from that megapack that has been going for ages ill pm you

Rijnsburgse Boys 2023/24 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Europa League ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances

Youth Intake

Danny Maas YP10* ~ Kenut Cahyo YP10B ~ Bouwmester YP10C ~ Harun Kaya YP10D ~ Joey Kruys YP10E

Quick update from me as I'm tired and need sleep, but another decent season. We weren't quite as impressive in the league but that was to be expected with a European campaign on top. It was disappointing to go out in extra time vs Spartak Moscow who went on to the final and lost to Cardiff. Danny Maas is going to be star as shown by his 5* potential and he will be given first team experience pretty soon.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2024/25 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Europa League ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances

We managed to secure a place in the Champions League Best Placed Play-Off by finishing 2nd. We were in a title race until a patch of bad form towards the end. In the final game we needed a point to secure 2nd place, but we were better than that and beat Roda 3-0. In the Europa League we got a stage further than last time, where we unsurprisingly lost out to Man Utd.

Youth Intake ~ Bjorn Berends YP11* ~ Berends Report ~ Arjan Bos YP11B ~ Aziz Yildirim YP11C

Berends is a player I am very excited about. He's got fantastic technical ability and creativity for a 16 year old and he's got the potential to become world class.

110px-RFC_de_Liegravege_Logo.png

Decided to give this a go with RFC Liege in Belgium. Had good times trying this in 2012 with Chester, and while I missed fm 2013, I have 2014 so will try again.

Incoming transfers 1 & 2 not much I can do about them

Squad

The Wikipedia page is quite interesting actually!

The most interesting thing about the club is that this is the birth of the Bosman Ruling.

Let the fun begin! Setup is good. Stadium is big. Liege is a big city so hoping for some good youth. The squad I inherited are pretty decent as well.

Best of luck in Belgium Bobbins. RFC Liege seem like a great club to start with and when you build them back up to the top flight it will be great to re-kindle the fierce rivalry with Standard Liege.

Yer best of luck Bobbins, i haven't had much time to get on my save plus am in work for the next 2 nights but then have 9 off so will be hoping to get stuck into the save.

smp20 on your youth intakes is Yp11* the best you think out of that intake then the rest are put as A,B,C etc ?

Also are you only able to have an assistant manager and 1 coach ?

Yer best of luck Bobbins, i haven't had much time to get on my save plus am in work for the next 2 nights but then have 9 off so will be hoping to get stuck into the save.

smp20 on your youth intakes is Yp11* the best you think out of that intake then the rest are put as A,B,C etc ?

Also are you only able to have an assistant manager and 1 coach ?

I label the one touted by the assistant as the best with the star (i.e. YP11*) then its B,C,D. I don't know why I went for * rather than A, but I did :)

At the start the number of coaches you can have is very limited but as you request more / grow bigger as a club you can bring a lot more in. I'm up to 12 coaches for the first team now.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2025/26 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ European Campaign ~ Squad (Best 11)

We really pushed PSV for the title this season, with 3 games to go we were just 3 points behind them but PSV had a game in hand and finished strongly. Nevertheless we made great progress and got a points tally that would often win you the league. We fell well short of my expectations in Europe. First, we failed to qualify for the Champions League going out to Porto in the 3rd Qualifying Round. We rectified this by secured qualification to the Europa League but after a good start we failed to beat Osasuna home and away and eventually slumped out in the group stage. However, Silverware was to be ours as we got our revenge over PSV in the final of the Dutch Cup. PSV are looking a very strong outfit and managed to get to the Champions League Semi-Final while Vitesse did exceptionally well to get to the final of the Europa League helping our co-efficients up to 6th giving Holland another spot in the Champions League.

Youth Intake

Sercan Konuk YP12* ~ Rafael Goes YP12B ~ Leon Feiken YP12C ~ Gersinio Elizabeth YP12D

Sercan Konuk is another prospect to get excited about adding even more depth at centre back for us. The likes of Feiken and Goes will give us fantastic depth in the future.

Rijnsburgse Boys 2026/27 Season

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Champions League ~ Finances ~ Transfers ~ Rijnsburgse Boys Stadium ~ Expansion Already! ~ Youth Intake ~ Player Appearances

This season we took the Eredivision by storm and we had won the title with 5 games to spare with a 25-3-1 record after which we had a little blip. We played exciting football with a young squad and I cannot wait to see some of these players at their full potential! We had a tough route to the Champions League groups stage and did very well to navigate through the group to make the knockouts. Man Utd were tough opposition and I doubted our chances but we managed to sneak through. In the Quarter Final we faced Porto and in the opening leg we suffered a huge 4-0 loss which came not long after winning the Eredivisie. It seemed the team were still in party mode and after a run of loses in the league I had a very stern meeting with them prior to the Porto home leg and the team responded magnificently. Two goals within 30 seconds of each other and another goal 6 minutes after gave us a great shout of getting the result we needed. I was all set for extra time but in the 95th minute we struck home a direct free kick to make it 5-0 and put us through to the Semis! One of my best comebacks on FM. However, the fairytale was ended in a tight contest with divisional rivals PSV who went on the win the Champions League at the Nou Camp against Atletico. It was a great year for Dutch clubs as Ajax won the Europa League and our very own U19s reached the U19 Champions League Final losing to PSG on penalties. We achieved the domestic treble by winning the Super Cup and retaining the Dutch Cup marking a fantastic first year in our new stadium. The only bad point (apart from losing in the CL Semis) was our youth intake which by recent standards was abysmal. I guess we were due a poor year.

RFC Liege Season 1: 2014-15 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 3rd

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 7th Round

A really good performance this year. We were always in the top 6 the whole season, and for a while I thought we could win the league, but our form wasn't consistent enough to ever go on top and it was also never consistent enough to win one of the 3 promotion places. However, given a year under my belt and with a fuller squad next season, I expect we can do better under normal circumstances. However, I'm going to blood the high potential youngsters to start giving them game time and this may mean form suffers. Will be worth it the following season though.

Transfers - 2 were coming in before I arrived. They were useful as well!

I tagged 3 from my U18s on arrival.

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) - A good defender but probably not the future.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) - He played a LOT because of a shortage of strikers - and did OK.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - Will be first choice keeper next season.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) - The highlight of the intake. I must admit when I saw all those stars I thought I had a gem here, but all the 5 star potential is just "decent" Belgacom level. I think this reflects the quality of my squad more than anything else!

Axel Renouard (YP1b) - Squad filling CM

Sven Simons (YP1c) - Suffered a three month injury after signing him so no chance to play.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) - Another CM but I might retrain him as a CF.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Played a couple of times and did OK.

These are mostly to bulk out the squad. I'll lose 5 or 6 players before next season and these guys will be able replacements. I'd like a striker in the next youth recruitment day though!

Full Squad

I did get the Junior Coaching improved but that was all.

Finances are pretty bad too..... -300K this year.

Season League Position Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15 Derde Klasse A 3rd Cofidis Cup 7th Round

[/Code]

[color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3][font=verdana][size=2]

On to next season!

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font][/color]

[center][color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color][/center]

Rijnsburgse Boys 2027/28 Season

Youth Intake

Hans Schreuder YP14* ~ Hendri Panjaitan YP14B ~ Mitchell Cox YP14C

Back to a decent intake after last years poor one - which also led to my mistake labelling them YP13 rather than YP14. Schreuder will become a first teamer leading our AMC line while Panjaitan has great potential but is not great in the air for a centre back and Cox could become 2nd choice keeper rather soon.

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Champions League ~ Player Appearances ~ Facilities ~ European Golden Boy

It's taken us 14 season but we did it :). It was a tough Champions League campaign and there were rocks along the way but we did it beating Man City, Barcelona, Man Utd, Juventus and Ajax on route. It took us extra time in the final but goals from centre back Coen Veerman and young substitute Rafael Goes clinched us the trophy. Not only did we win the Champions League we also won the Eredivisie, Dutch Cup and Super Cup so we celebrated a quadruple topping off the completion of the Challenge. This will not be the end of this save however, this is a young squad with potential yet to be reached and with facilities and youth set-up maxed out we should hopefully bring through even more class players. Speaking of class players, Golden Boy Bjorn Berends is turning into a real star and it will be great to see his career develop as well as seeing how many appearances Connor Page will make in his career - already over 400 at 24! As a one off, here's some images of my top 11 players.

Hall Of Fame

Goalkeeper

MlVErxH.png

Full Backs

z87xljx.pngQu7yQG0.png

Centre Backs

5tgCBHa.pngqAaKJSz.png

Centre Mids

dOmSuSo.pngXQRyZn2.png8Z5akDE.png

Attacking Mids

CI2sCCi.pngghP5ZKc.pngxGkqsqE.png

RFC Liege Season 1: 2014-15 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 3rd

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 7th Round

A really good performance this year. We were always in the top 6 the whole season, and for a while I thought we could win the league, but our form wasn't consistent enough to ever go on top and it was also never consistent enough to win one of the 3 promotion places. However, given a year under my belt and with a fuller squad next season, I expect we can do better under normal circumstances. However, I'm going to blood the high potential youngsters to start giving them game time and this may mean form suffers. Will be worth it the following season though.

Transfers - 2 were coming in before I arrived. They were useful as well!

I tagged 3 from my U18s on arrival.

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) - A good defender but probably not the future.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) - He played a LOT because of a shortage of strikers - and did OK.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - Will be first choice keeper next season.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) - The highlight of the intake. I must admit when I saw all those stars I thought I had a gem here, but all the 5 star potential is just "decent" Belgacom level. I think this reflects the quality of my squad more than anything else!

Axel Renouard (YP1b) - Squad filling CM

Sven Simons (YP1c) - Suffered a three month injury after signing him so no chance to play.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) - Another CM but I might retrain him as a CF.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Played a couple of times and did OK.

These are mostly to bulk out the squad. I'll lose 5 or 6 players before next season and these guys will be able replacements. I'd like a striker in the next youth recruitment day though!

Full Squad

I did get the Junior Coaching improved but that was all.

Finances are pretty bad too..... -300K this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/Code]

On to next season!

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color][/center]

Great first season :)

[font=Comic Sans MS]

[center]Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

[size=5][color=#FF8C00]Rijnsburgse Boys 2027/28 Season[/color][/size]

[size=3]Youth Intake

Hans Schreuder YP14* ~ Hendri Panjaitan YP14B ~ Mitchell Cox YP14C

Back to a decent intake after last years poor one - which also led to my mistake labelling them YP13 rather than YP14. Schreuder will become a first teamer leading our AMC line while Panjaitan has great potential but is not great in the air for a centre back and Cox could become 2nd choice keeper rather soon.

Eredivisie ~ Dutch Cup ~ Champions League ~ Player Appearances ~ Facilities ~ European Golden Boy

It's taken us 14 season but we did it :). It was a tough Champions League campaign and there were rocks along the way but we did it beating Man City, Barcelona, Man Utd, Juventus and Ajax on route. It took us extra time in the final but goals from centre back Coen Veerman and young substitute Rafael Goes clinched us the trophy. Not only did we win the Champions League we also won the Eredivisie, Dutch Cup and Super Cup so we celebrated a quadruple topping off the completion of the Challenge. This will not be the end of this save however, this is a young squad with potential yet to be reached and with facilities and youth set-up maxed out we should hopefully bring through even more class players. Speaking of class players, Golden Boy Bjorn Berends is turning into a real star and it will be great to see his career develop as well as seeing how many appearances Connor Page will make in his career - already over 400 at 24! As a one off, here's some images of my top 11 players.[/size]

[size=5][color=#FF8C00]Hall Of Fame

Goalkeeper

MlVErxH.png

Full Backs

z87xljx.pngQu7yQG0.png

Centre Backs

5tgCBHa.pngqAaKJSz.png

Centre Mids

dOmSuSo.pngXQRyZn2.png8Z5akDE.png

Attacking Mids

CI2sCCi.pngghP5ZKc.pngxGkqsqE.png[/color][/size][/center]

[/font]

Wow :applause: congrats smp20, i am off work for 9 days now so looking forward to getting stuck into this save finally, due to the squad i was given looks like i will have to play a 4-2-3-1 as i only have 2 strikers

Cheers LFC really enjoyed it :) dipping into a couple of other challenges, but I will be returning to this soon.

Ok no worries seen you in the world cup thread might have a go of that myself

RFC Liege Season 2: 2015-16 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 1st Champions!

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 6th Round

A fantastic 2nd season. We started the season badly with 3 defeats out of the first 4 games, but it was a superb performance from then on. They were to be the only league defeats all season. Even so, it was frustrating as hell to watch at the time because nearly all the games for almost the whole season we dominated and created more chances. Unfortunately, we were very sloppy at the back and continued to leak goals at inopportune times. Set pieces were a nightmare because we conceded a lot through crosses into the box from corners and free kicks. I think I need to rethink my defensive positioning (again)!

That said, the team never lost a game after the first month but lots of winning positions were turned into draws which meant that even though we were on a 31 game undefeated streak (wow)!, we still hadn’t won the title going into the last game. (I never secured a playoff place in the phase 1 and 2 either – being 2nd both times.) It was squeaky bum time on the final day, having a two point lead but the same number of games won as 2nd place Rupel Boom. We had to win, and win we did, coming out 3-0 winners to secure the title and promotion!

Transfers - None

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) - Did OK. Scored a few and was generally reliable. After he was tutored he improved a lot.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) - Great season and scored lots of goals. Player of the season.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - First choice keeper.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) - He's the current star from the Youth with the most potential but he was not really impressive at all.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) - didn't get many opportunities, training him as a full back.

Sven Simons (YP1c) - didn't get many opportunities.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) - played a lot of games but didn't develop much. Has good mental attributes which might mean he can improve a lot.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Used as a sub a lot but scored quite often when he came on.

Year 2 Intake

It was disappointing really with not many good players to choose from. Only 2 labelled and both were not as good as last years intake.

Thomas Morin (YP2a) - Was the pick of the players in a generally underwhelming choice. He's not rated as high as Anthony Esnault (YP1a) from last year but he's a striker - and I needed one.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Squad filler, but you never know. Potential to be a decent Belgacom player.

Finances are getting out of hand.... losing money quite badly now! Hoping I can go professional soon.... doubt it though.

2015/16 Derde Klasse A 1st Cofidis Cup 6th Round Promotion
[/Code]

On to next season! Objective this time..... survival.

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/center]

Actually after fail in Holland I back to my polish save to get some fun. I survived first season in top league my squad looking good but finances are crappy after idiot chairman decided upgrate stadium for 1 ml E for no reason ... but kay. I've now new partnership with Serbian club Radniczki from they top league and i want to see that im able to get forginers in intake after that . If its posible in Poland... :)

RFC Liege Season 3: 2016-17 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 1st Champions!

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 7th Round

Wow, where did that come from? I’m guessing the step up from Derde Klass 3 to Belgacom League is not that big. This season I expected to struggle a lot, but the team responded magnificently and won the title at a canter.

At the beginning of the season the board made us professional and I immediately signed up my youths on full time contracts to aid their development. It helped because after an OK pre-season, we started the league like a house on fire. We won the first 10 games (including cup games) to sit top of the table from the first week. The undefeated run carried over from last season and lasted until 41 games – something I’ve never been able to achieve before with any team in FM14. It had to end sometime and when it did, we wobbled a bit and lost a few more midway through the season as injuries and tiredness took their toll. We even briefly dropped to 2nd, but in end we won quite comfortably with 2 games to spare.

I also managed to play a lot of my youth so I’ve seen some good improvements this season. My last two games I played a team full of my youth players. Oldest was 19 and I still won both.

I’m mildly disconcerted that it’s been this easy so far. The players are not that good. A 5 star potential player is rated a “decent” Jupiler League standard. My best player is currently “good” for the Belgacom League. My youth regen players coming through have not been that impressive either. They’ve not been bad but I’ve still not had a “wow” player yet.

My biggest concern are finances. Administration could be the thing that ends this challenge. A quick look through the Belgium League teams show a lot of teams insecure and one or two are in administration already. Our salary is 11th overall in the league and attendance is 7th overall but I’m losing 1 million Euro year. I am just over my wage cap but only 200 Euros week. TV money is non-existent. I’m really hoping a season in the top league boosts attendances and starts being profitable. I don’t want the board to start terminating contracts and selling players over my head.

Transfers - None

Squad 1 | Squad 2

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) – He has come on leaps and bounds this season. His improvement has been dramatic even if his average ratings have been less so. He is now my best player in terms of PA and CA. From my initial assessment as a squad player, I’m expecting him to make the CD slot his for a few years at least. Also made the Belgium U19 squad.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) – Almost the complete opposite to Mathieu Tessier (YP0a). After last season’s stellar performance and player of the season award, this year was a big disappointment. He was injured, went on a long spell without scoring and suffered confidence problems. Due to a lack of quality strikers he’ll get chances next season but I’m not expecting him to be a long term solution.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - First choice keeper. Has developed beautifully and is automatic 1st choice now.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) – The highest rated youth in the club. Unfortunately he is very injury prone and his development has been set back. I don’t think he is going to make it. Think Rodwell at Man City. Huge potential. Going to be a disappointment.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) – Trained him as a full back but he got lots of chances in midfield and usurped Anthony Esnault’s place.

Sven Simons (YP1c) – Got limited opportunities because CD is a place I am well covered, but he has a lot of potential. Will try to give him more chances next season.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) – Was excellent again. Played a lot of games and scored a useful number of goals. Player of the season.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Got lots of starts and developed well.

Year 2 Intake

Thomas Morin (YP2a) – He’s a striker. I only have 3 in the squad (4 at a push) so he gets lots of games. Assistant rates him highly, but he’s been disappointing so far.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Squad filler but not a bad one.

Yohan Collet (YP03c)– I decided to label a third player because he is a full back and I needed one. He did OK and will get chances because I’m light on numbers here.

Year 3 Intake

On the face of it, it was very good. I have a new HOYD in Emile Mpenza, ex Belgium International and he seems to have made a difference. Lots of high rated PA players came through. The highest rated player IMO is Jason Bovey, but he’s temperamental and outspoken and volatile. He’s “bad news” in other words. I could tutor it out of him, but I don’t have any good tutor’s with great attitudes. The top youth tag goes to Julian Simon (YP03a) who while not the best, (but still very good), is a model professional. I know he will train well, and make the most of his chances and develop. I look forward to 8 years in time when he can start tutoring a team of model professionals!

Cedric Lassere (YP03b) - Much needed striker.

Cemil Erol (YP03b) - Could be a useful wide player.

2016/17 Belgacom 1st Cofidis Cup 7th Round Promotion
[/Code]

On to next season!

Objective this time..... survival (honestly, it’s going to be hard, I had a look at the current year net salary in the league. There is a HUGE disproportionate gap.)

Secondary objective – Beat Standard Liege in the league. (I’ve played a friendly with them every year and they batter me every time.)

I just Loling so hard im doing like survival in every single season in Poland and last I finish jsut now i've got fairplay award and then Poland got it for Euro and im playing in internationals when i end season on 12 place xD

RFC Liege Season 4: 2017-18 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 9th

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 6th Round (fell at the first hurdle)

This season, the first in the big league, was a challenge. I was 2000-1 to win the league, so the expectations were pretty low and survival was the target. The final placing of 9th was about right considering. I'm quite satisfied. Along the way I ground out some good results, but I got smashed a few times too. At the end of the regular 30 game season, the league is split. I won't try to explain the rules, because frankly they seem mad to me, but suffice to say we finished bottom of our 4 team group - so no Europe for me.

Despite being in the top league, my finances are appalling and not getting any better, so no new upgrades for the 2nd year in a row. My attendance sky-rocketed and the record was broken 3 times. Season ticket sales trebled but I'm still not making any money. It didn't stop the board spending on new seats or undersoil heating (£2M!!!!) though! I don't see how I'm going to improve this situation without getting into Europe somehow, but in this league the gulf between top 6 and the rest is huge. As shown by the net spend. Anderlecht have a salary 21 times bigger than mine!

Transfers - None

Squad 1 | Squad 2

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) – He is my best player. Considering I thought he was pretty average when I tagged him, I'm impressed with his development.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) – Is a squad player now. He's not developing and others have taken his place.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - First choice keeper. Solid if unspectacular.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) – Didn't suffer as many injuries this season and got regular game time, while developing ..... slowly.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) – Played a lot and did well.

Sven Simons (YP1c) – Sold to Vitesse for £140K and 50% of any future sale.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) – Plays just behind the front two and did OK again. Not to the levels of last season, but it was much tougher this time.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Got lots of starts and developed well.

Year 2 Intake

Thomas Morin (YP2a) – Still disappointing, but he's developed well.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Squad filler but not a bad one.

Yohan Collet (YP03c) – Was developing nicely but suffered a long injury. His place is under threat by a new youth player....

Year 3 Intake

Julian Simon (YP03a) - Was a regular until suffering a bad injury.

Cedric Lassere (YP03b) - Good 1st season. Expecting more next time.

Cemil Erol (YP03b) - Sold to Buraspor for 11K and 50% of any future sale.

Youth Intake 4

Was pretty good this time.... I might have a gem....

Sylvian Faivre (YP04a) - Much needed striker and has good potential.

Julien Morand (YP04b) - A full back, and he didn't excite me much but I immediately started getting bids for him by big clubs and my assistant ranks his potential as a star of the league. So I need to keep this one!

Thierry Kitoko (YP04c) - Need a right back, so he got the tag.

2017/18 Juliper League 9th Cofidis Cup 6th Round
[/Code]

On to next season!

Objective this time..... survival again

Secondary objective – Beat Standard Liege in the league. Failed last time.....

RFC Liege Season 5: 2018-19 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 5th

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - Winners

(even if we broke the record for goals conceded!)

This season, was a further step forward, but I can't see me breaking into the top 4 for a while. The quality of Anderlecht, Genk and Club Brugge (and to an extent Standard) is much higher than any of the other teams. So I imagine I need a few years before I can be confident of winning the league ahead of these 4.

The Cup win was a nice bonus and came about because I managed to avoid all the serious competition. It means I'm in the Europa League next season though.

Finances are stable now thanks to prize money, a 50% sell on clause giving me 700K and selling prize asset Julien Morand (YP04b) for 4M. I managed to get the price up from 600K so for that amount of money I couldn't really say no. This got me back in profit allowing me to upgrade Junior coaching and Youth and Training facilities. I'm sure it will pay off in the long run. Sponsership jumped from 170K to 600K per season as well.

Transfers - None

Squad 1 | Squad 2

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) – He is still my best player. Solid season.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) – Had a better season. Chipped in with 9 goals.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - Still first choice. No real competition either.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) – Better, but still not fulfilling his potential and he's still missing large portions of the season with injury.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) – Did really well and played a lot of matches.

Sven Simons (YP1c) – Sold to Vitesse for £140K and 50% of any future sale. - Made 725K in 18/19 season from sell on clause. :-)

Regis Mutombo (YP1d)16 assists and 11 goals. Good return. Probably my most valuable player.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Limited opportunities and not developing so well.

Year 2 Intake

Thomas Morin (YP2a) – 12 goals. Developing nicely.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Squad filler.

Yohan Collet (YP03c) – Has made full back his own but only because of lack of good alternatives.

Year 3 Intake

Julian Simon (YP03a) - Love this player. Model Pro, played 41 games. Has developed nicely.

Cemil Erol (YP03b) - Sold to Buraspor for 11K and 50% of any future sale.

Cedric Lassere (YP03c) - 14 goals and 11 assists. Developing into a good 1st teamer.

Youth Intake 4

Sylvian Faivre (YP04a) - Much needed striker and has good potential.

Julien Morand (YP04b) - Sold to Lyon for 4M 18/19 season.

Thierry Kitoko (YP04c) - I quite like this player. Opportunities have been limited but will get more game time next season to see what he can do.

Youth Intake 5

Still not had a wow player but not complaining as a lot of youth players have potential for decent to leading Juliper League standard.

Two strikers get the label but a few others could have been labelled as well.

Jean-Louis Marchal (YP05a) - Could become a leading Juliper player.

Christophe Pruvost (YP05b) - Could become a star Juliper player.

2018/19 Juliper League 5th Cofidis Cup Winners!
[/Code]

On to next season!

Objective this time..... I'm going to try a few different tactics I've created to make use of the strikers I have. A 4-3-3 when at home for example.

Secondary objective – Enjoy our first europe games.

RFC Liege Season 6: 2019-20 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 4th - slight improvement on last season

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - Qtr Final

A strange season really. My title odds closed from 2000-1 to 80-1 (progress, yey!) I fiddled around with tactics most of the season though, so was never fully fluid in any tactic the whole time. I finally fixed on something I'm comfortable with now and will use next season all the time, so I hope to be a little better.

It started so well and I thought I was onto something. I tonked Anderlecht 4-1 in the super cup. It didn't last though. I was mid table most of the season until I pushed on at the end and finished 5th again in the regular season, and 4th after the championship play-off.

It would help if I could defend corners! Any tips anyone?

Europe was great fun. After knocking out Dynamo Kiev I then topped my group containing Salzburg, Stuttgart and Locomotiv Moscow. Unfortunately Was then beaten home and away by Spartak Moscow, but it was a good experience ad my European placing sky rocketed this season.

The Juplier league is now ranked 7th overall.

RFC Liege are the 7th ranked club in Belgium.

Facilities - Training facilities were cancelled. And then a few days later I got 3.3M for prize money! Huh!!!!

Finances are OK but a lot of investment recently....here and here (before cancelling it)

I should be in the top six again next season. Slowly making progress.

Transfers - None

Squad 1 | Squad 2

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) – Hes not my best player anymore according to my assistants, but he's still one of the best.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) – Not a bad player but there are better around him. He's a squad filler.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - Replaced him mid season with an "unlabelled" GK who I noticed is just as good but with better potential. He's a backup now.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) – Not as injured as usual, played a lot but not fulfilling his potential.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) – Played a lot, scored some goals (free kicks) and put in a good season.

Sven Simons (YP1c) – Sold to Vitesse for £140K and 50% of any future sale. - Made 725K in 18/19 season from sell on clause. :-)

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) – PoY for third year in the row. 11 goals and 16 assists. Star Man.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Did OK but a fringe player.

Year 2 Intake

Thomas Morin (YP2a) – 10 goals. Doing OK, but he's generating interest from other clubs so if I can sell him, I probably will. I have 5 good strikers.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Would relegate him to the reserves but I'm light on CD.

Yohan Collet (YP03c) – I really like him but his disciplinary record is appalling. (As this shows). 14 yellows and 3 reds.

Year 3 Intake

Julian Simon (YP03a) - Still great. Thinking of making him captain so he can start tutoring.

Cemil Erol (YP03b) - Sold to Buraspor for 11K and 50% of any future sale in 18/19 season.

Cedric Lassere (YP03c) - 15 goals. Good return and a potential captain and leader on the pitch.

Youth Intake 4

Sylvian Faivre (YP04a) - Finding his chances limited but I think he has good potential. Super sub last season.

Thierry Kitoko (YP04c) - I'm easing him into the WB/R position.

Youth Intake 5

Jean-Louis Marchal (YP05a) - Found their opportunities limited because 3 good strikers are ahead of them.

Christophe Pruvost (YP05b) - Found their opportunities limited because 3 good strikers are ahead of them.

Youth Intake 6

Maarten Machiels (YP06a) - My first potential "star" player. Quite excited to see how he develops.

Mamadou Maisonnave (YP06b) - Plays as AM and need a 3rd choice.

2018/19 Juliper League 5th Cofidis Cup Winners!
2019/20 Juliper League 4th Cofidis Cup Qtr Final Super Cup Winners, Euro Cup 1st Knock Stage
[/Code]

On to next season!

Objective this time..... Not expecting to do that much better, but a solid top 6 finish and good European adventure should be possible.

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2014/15

League | Squad | Youth Intake | Transfers | Finances

After failing a career in Norway I decided to give it a go in the all youth challenge.

A good first season for Weymouth, we had a good start which allowed us to be safe from the relegation zone early in the season, and then it was a matter of managing the advantage to the teams below us.

We had two transfers arranged before I took over, other than that no movement. I wanted to get rid of two wingers I had no use for but I couldn't sell them and terminating their contracts would not be beneficial for us.

Early exits in the FA Cup and the FA Trophy mean we didn't have much money coming in. Still, the balance is not dramatic.

The youth intake brought some promising lads, I was hoping for at least one midfielder that could enter the first team immediately but that seems to be the case only in the defensive line.

We built a good foundation for next season. As long as I don't have many cases of players that don't want to renew their contracts I believe we can have a better season.

Career Overview

Season     Division         Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Skrill South     10th

RFC Liege Season 7: 2020-21 - Bobbins71

Final League Position - 4th - Again. It's hard to crack the top.

results 1 | results 2

Cofides Cup - 7th Round - Stuffed 4-0 by Antwerp!

Started out really well and had a good season, keeping things tight and winning games. Finished 3rd on the last day of the season after getting a draw away at leaders Genk. Really solid for most of the season, team was playing well. Then the 10 game championships started and we were awful. We did manage to salvage things and win our last two home games and get a solid 4th place, meaning Europe next season. Happy with it overall but beating Genk or Anderlecht to the title will take a while I expect. (Although I did thrash Anderlecht 5-1 this season - which was nice!)

Europe was good this year, qualified after beating CSKA Sofia (6-2 away), then drew a group with Everton, Red Star Belgrade and Dynamo Kiev. Finished second (the highlight was a 2-0 win at Goodison Park) and qualified for the knock-out stages, but met Tottenham next and was well beaten over both legs.

Facilities - Bit of investment this time. Both Youth and Training facilities being upgraded.

Now have;

Adequate Training Facilities,

Basic Youth Facilities,

Excellent Junior coaching

Above Average Youth Recruitment.

Finances are OK now, but a lot of investment recently. Sold Thomas Morin (YP2a) to OM for £5M at the beginning of season. It worries me a little bit that despite doing well and getting Europe games I'm still only breaking even really. I'm having to sell players to fund improvements.

Transfers - None

Squad 1 | Squad 2

Starting Youth

Mathieu Tessier (YP0a) – Solid at centre back.

Patrick Nzuzi (YP0b) – Did OK again. 6 goals ad 6 assists in 15 starts.

Damiano Perazelli (YP0c) - Sold for £175K to Verona 20/21 season.

Year 1 Intake

Anthony Esnault (YP1a) – Starting to fulfil his potential now and not as injury prone.

Axel Renouard (YP1b) – Another good season and a good backup WB when I need one.

Regis Mutombo (YP1d) – Was injured a lot (twice on international duty) so not a good season for Regis.

Kapela Mandanda (YP01e) - Squad filler.

Year 2 Intake

Thomas Morin (YP2a) – Sold for £5M to Verona 20/21 season.

Jeremy Cheron (YP02b) - Drop to the U21s. Will let him go because he's been replaced by others now.

Yohan Collet (YP03c) – A better season. Played a lot of games.

Year 3 Intake

Julian Simon (YP03a) - Not playing with a DM now so he's not an automatic starter. But still like him.

Cemil Erol (YP03b) - Sold to Buraspor for 11K and 50% of any future sale in 18/19 season.

Cedric Lassere (YP03c) - 14 Goals. A good leader as well so will be captain next season.

Youth Intake 4

Sylvian Faivre (YP04a) - Breakthrough season for him once Thomas Morin left. 19 goals is a great return.

Thierry Kitoko (YP04c) - First choice WB on the right now but not developing as much as I'd like.

Youth Intake 5

Jean-Louis Marchal (YP05a) - These will get more opportunities next season. Both have excellent potential.

Christophe Pruvost (YP05b) -

Youth Intake 6

Maarten Machiels (YP06a) - He put on a star in CA but didn't really impress. He is "fairly sporting" (he was unambitious at first). I'd like to tutor that out of him, but it failed the first time. Both he and the tutor disliked each other, but after 6 months, I'm trying again now he has matured a bit.

Youth Intake 7

Two players get tags this time.

Freddy Lecomte (YP07b) - Good AM and lots of potential. Played in the last game (and scored) so he broke the club record. Quite excited about Freddy.

Lee Woo-Young (YP07a) - Half South Korean lad. He is needed for a position I am light in, and has a good personality. So I think he could be a good player.

2014/15 Derde Klasse A 3rd CofCup 7th Round
2015/16 Derde Klasse A 1st CofCup 6th Round Promotion
2016/17 Belgacom 1st CofCup 7th Round Promotion
2017/18 Juliper League 9th CofCup 6th Round
2018/19 Juliper League 5th CofCup Winners!
2019/20 Juliper League 4th CofCup Qtr Final Super Cup Winners, Euro 1st KO Stage
2019/20 Juliper League 4th CofCup 7th Round Euro 1st KO Stage
[/Code]

On to next season!

Objective this time..... Not expecting to do that much better again, but a solid top 6 finish and good European adventure should be possible while developing my players. (I do have a lot of 4 star+ potential players. 4 stars are "good Jupiler League" standard. Liege is a big city so I'm very happy with the quality coming through. Some of my youth are not labelled (the Goalkeeper is a youth product and he's already 3.5 star "decent" with the potential for 4.5 stars. I really think I can do this challenge, even if it takes another 20 seasons).

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2015/16

This season there was no improvement in terms of the team's performance in the league. We had many injuries in the first half of the season, especially to our strikers, which made it harder for us to score (worst attack in the league) despite our good defensive stats (3rd best defense).

The youth intake has produced a promising striker: Gary Hall has the pace that our other strikers don't have, and he will be featured in the first team next season.

In terms of finances we are declining. The cup runs ended too soon to be profitable. We can still manage the wage budget but my contract has been renewed with a lower wage, and soon I may have to get rid of some staff members.

Career Overview

2015/16    Skrill South     15th

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2016/17

This was a bittersweet season. On one hand I wasn't expecting us to go from a 15th place to a 3rd place from one year to another. On the other hand, when you reach the playoffs the only outcome has to be promotion and to fail that the way we did is heartbreaking. We reached the final, lost our 2-1 lead on the 91st minute, and then lost in the penalty shootout. Absolutely devastating.

Apart from missing promotion, this end of season can have more consequences for us. The finances are far from great, we're already over the wage budget and some of our key players don't want to renew so we will lose key players for next season.

On the bright side, this year's youth intake was good. I got midfielder Jake Booth that will be in our first team straight away, and striker Colin Butcher that looks like a good addition to our front line.

Based on this season's development, I believe we can do the same thing next season. Some of the boys are developing well, others not so much, but with a little more luck we can aim for the playoffs again.

Career Overview

2015/16    Skrill South     15th
2016/17    Skrill South     3rd

Archived