The Better Half's ** Split 451**

Hello tbh, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, while 7 wins, 3 defeats in the league, tottenham 3x2 man utd, man city 3x2 man utd, man utd 0x1 Chelsea.

the tactic is already 100% fluid.

'm using defensive positioning in training.

J

help me please. thank you

Like I wrote, you need to give it time when have bought a whole new midfield.

Also, in tricky matches, use à more hardworking 11, just like teams do in real life.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends on the score in the game and the opponents formation.

Sometimes, if the opponent is flooding the midfield, I don't use a AML but instead, I put the AMC into AMCleft and the DL in WBL.

Sometimes, I don't use a DMC but instead drop down the AMC into MCleft.

Sometimes, If the opponent play really attacking and pushes up, I use a 451 with MC, MC, AML, AMR and drop the mentality of the pushed up DMC so it's the same as the MCRight

All this is with the " normal" formation so if using the "mirrored", AML means AMR , DL means DR etc.

Thanks for the tip. Again, love the tactic.

Just won the champions League with PSG, first season! Pastore absolutely brilliant as MOC.

Again, what a tactic mate!

Thanks !

Initially - before the team got gelled - did you have any defensive issues, like the players not being able to play with the offside trap ?

I struggled with this tactic as Shrewsbury in league 1, it was inconsistent and we hit a bad run and i got the sack! as a lot of people have had success with this tactic im assuming it wasnt the tactic but either: (a) it doesnt work so well with smaller teams without good players; or (b) my players were not so well suited for it (esp as i switched to it about 3 games into the season so not fluid).

I am also playing FMC and find it incredibly hard to get out of form slumps as there is no player interaction/ man management tools.

I struggled with this tactic as Shrewsbury in league 1, it was inconsistent and we hit a bad run and i got the sack! as a lot of people have had success with this tactic im assuming it wasnt the tactic but either: (a) it doesnt work so well with smaller teams without good players; or (b) my players were not so well suited for it (esp as i switched to it about 3 games into the season so not fluid).

I am also playing FMC and find it incredibly hard to get out of form slumps as there is no player interaction/ man management tools.

Yeah, like written before, this approach just wont suit all players or managers. I have used it with poor teams but then I have focus on building a great squad harmony and managed to get some players that can cope with the pressure and being determined enough to get back into games

Used this for one season with Arsenal with excellent results. 7 titles! Thanks alot!

Haha, thats some results :D

Just a shame nothing can be done with it, at home played 9 won 8 drawn 1 but away played 10 won 5 lost 5

Well, you CAN do something about it, but as this thread is for those that just like to plug & play, I wont give any hints about it. It would just raise to many questions about when,how and why, when to spot these things in the flow of the game etc.

If someone should drop me a pm, then I would probably answer though ;D

Well, you CAN do something about it, but as this thread is for those that just like to plug & play, I wont give any hints about it. It would just raise to many questions about when,how and why, when to spot these things in the flow of the game etc.

If someone should drop me a pm, then I would probably answer though ;D

Ok cheers if someone did pm you make sure that they haven't exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space :o}

Tactic is working great for me with Real Madrid. Is the Trequartista meant to do anything? All my other players are contributing but Mata is fairly average.

This player is not a TQ as such, more of an attacking Mid. The best player to use here is one that has attacking ppms rather then "playmaker PPMs ". Have a look in the OP where the formation is presented and then the stats further down.

This player is not a TQ as such, more of an attacking Mid. The best player to use here is one that has attacking ppms rather then "playmaker PPMs ". Have a look in the OP where the formation is presented and then the stats further down.

An example of good player for this position ? Because Mata can be a good one no ?

I really dont get what kind of player we have to put here, with Paris I had Pastore, but he's struggling season 2.

thanks Mate.

An example of good player for this position ? Because Mata can be a good one no ?

I really dont get what kind of player we have to put here, with Paris I had Pastore, but he's struggling season 2.

thanks Mate.

I would use a player that likes to beat the offside trap, a player that likes to arrive late in the box, a 2nd forward, but not one that likes to come deep to get the ball.

I have used Cox here with by Forest team and whilst I have many players that have much better stats then him, he still performs the best.

Saw this a few days ago and was immediately intrigued by it. Been looking for a attractive asymmetrical formation that wasn't narrow, but still allowed for a focus through the middle. Decided to take this concept and tweak it to my AC Milan squad using the TC, and mirroring it (WB and Winger on the right to take advantage of Abate). All the Individual Instructions are default, with passing set to direct, attacking mentality, more roaming.

GK: Sweeper Keeper (S)

Always liked the idea of a Sweeper Keeper. Not set to attack, so nothing too radical. Just a personal preference, I'd imagine a traditional keeper would work as well.

RB: Wingback (A)

RCB: Centre-back ©

LCB: Centre-back (X)

LB: Fullback (S)

Abate is my first choice wingback, and does really well. De Sciglio is a great backup too, and can also do a job at left full-back which is always nice. Managed to get Subotic from Dortmund at the end of the first season at CB.

DM: Defensive Midfielder (D)

Few choices here. I found a Newgen Wonderkid that is a great DM, be it as an actual DM or a DLP. Also bought De Rossi at the end of the first season after Roma got relegated (!). Sometimes slot Nocerino or Montolivo here as well, depending on how I want to have the team play. Ambosini is on the verge of retiring, and Flamini is transfer listed. Even set as DM(S) the player contributes a lot in the build up play, provided it's someone with good creativity, etc and the right PPMs.

LCM: Deep-lying Playmaker (S)

Andrea Poli, 5m in the first January transfer window, dictates the game from here. But have recently bought Tom Cleverley who has more energy, goes forward more. So depending on what I need, I rotate either. Or play Cleverley at LM.

LM: Wide Midfielder (S)

First choice is Andrew Ayew, got fairly cheap after his agent started poking around. Does very well. As mentioned before, Cleverley plays here as well sometimes.

RAM: Winger (A)

This is the position I have the most "trouble" filling, because it's what I can't get right. El Shaarawy can fit here, as well as Boateng, but I used KPB as the CAM mostly. El Sharaawy tends to be inconsistent here for me. I've reverted to slotting Carlos Tevez here, who left City in my game after a falling out with Mancini.

CAM: Attacking Midfielder (A)

Kevin Prince Boateng.

ST: Advanced Forward (A)

Got Demba Ba after the worst-kept secret release clause in football was taken advantage of.

Additionally, I have Moussa Dembele on loan from Spurs, a deal which I'm looking to make permanent. He can literally play anywhere other than in the defence and as a keeper, and do more than decently. A few youth players and purchases make up the rest of my squad.

No Pazzini, Pato. Sold them for shiny coins.

Been using the set-up for about 15 games now, with spectacular results. It helped that prior to that the system U had been using for a long time was a 4231 with similar instructions, but this is a marked improvement. Admittedly no stern tests, I just beat Napoli 5-1 away, though they're in poor form.

The football being played is very easy on the eye, as the OP suggested. A combination of direct wide-play and intricate passing almost always works, though I will be the first to admit I'm lucky to have assembled a good squad fairly cheap, and that it hasn't been tested at length, or against quality opposition.

The main problem I have is, as mentioned, the Right Winger. Am tempted to turn him into an IF, but I have a feeling it will hamper the AM and ST. As it is whoever plays there tends to be on the periphery of games, but it's games that I generally win comfortably. Might be that Tevez/El Shaarawy is marked tightly and that leaves gaps for the others, but I'm not entirely sure. Neither player is actually a Winger as well, so that might be the simple solution there.

All in all, not sure if this will work for others, but just wanted to put it out there, or here, since it was TBH's original idea that I emulated.

hello

* tactics that resulted in the first full season where I won almost everything he could win, but the second and third season with different teams but the value of tactical crashed. creates immense opportunities many shots on target but only enters a ball or no. while the opponent with very few shots on target ultimately win games. I admire your tactics will always be some help coming next.

Now on my 3rd season using this tactic, started using an update from the Editor forum to use Ashington who start in the Northern League Division 1.

So far i've won promotion as winners and won every cup i've been in, took a while for the team to gel enough for the tactic work as it should at that level.

Just drawn Spurs in the 3rd round of the FA Cup at home, board will enjoy the windfall lol

I keep trying with my Basel team. Two seasons, won Super League twice (easy, I'm the strongest team in the league). In europe, season 1 I got to CL, finished 3rd in group, then lost in knock-out phase of Euro Cup. Season two I didn't manage to get into CL (elimiated by Maribor, bah), but I won my Euro Cup group, and then was eliminated by Liverpool in the knockouts (close though, 1:2 and 0:0). I'm not conceding as much as I used to. Yellow cards are still plenty, but I can live with that. Currently playing third season, and it looks like it's CL challenge again, maybe I can get out of my group this time?

Good tactic, overall. Wingers play very well, counter-attacks are deadly.

Four trophies in one season with Juve :)

tg2z9fjy69zp_t.jpg

From time to time i had problems with weaker teams at home, but i've scored many against top teams like Inter, Milan or Barca.

Now i'm using this tactic with Southampton and i have the same observations. Already lost at home against Reading, but easily smashed both Manchesters and Arsenal :) In spite of this, i think it's the best tactic for 13.2.2 patch, creating fast, "nice to watch" football with many counterattacks.

CL final against Manchester City, if someone is interested how the tactic works :

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/964fbe4d21c222b9506fc56/man-city-v-juventus-0-2clfinal

Four trophies in one season with Juve :)

tg2z9fjy69zp_t.jpg

From time to time i had problems with weaker teams at home, but i've scored many against top teams like Inter, Milan or Barca.

Now i'm using this tactic with Southampton and i have the same observations. Already lost at home against Reading, but easily smashed both Manchesters and Arsenal :) In spite of this, i think it's the best tactic for 13.2.2 patch, creating fast, "nice to watch" football with many counterattacks.

CL final against Manchester City, if someone is interested how the tactic works :

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/964fbe4d21c222b9506fc56/man-city-v-juventus-0-2clfinal

I also noticed trouble against teams lower.

I think this is because they defend without taking too much risk and therefore it is difficult with a Counter tactik to score

Same tactic - Better staff - Better players = worse results.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Been using this great tactic, now into my fourth season and it's just not happening. Very average results now on a six game without a win streak just culminated in me getting humped by Spurs 6-1. I've had this happen before with Modern Warfare 442. Just reaches a point where it stops working. Really puts me off the game.

I want to ask others if they've had the same experience. Is it a temporary blip or do I need to completely change tactics. I still dominate most games in terms of possession and shots but they score on almost every shot on target, my defenders and keeper just make elementary errors. If this is what the computer does to 'crack' the tactic then it is quite frankly laughable. When I have a team outplay me (not by that much, mind you) they absolutely arsed me, 6-1.

Same tactic - Better staff - Better players = worse results.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Been using this great tactic, now into my fourth season and it's just not happening. Very average results now on a six game without a win streak just culminated in me getting humped by Spurs 6-1. I've had this happen before with Modern Warfare 442. Just reaches a point where it stops working. Really puts me off the game.

I want to ask others if they've had the same experience. Is it a temporary blip or do I need to completely change tactics. I still dominate most games in terms of possession and shots but they score on almost every shot on target, my defenders and keeper just make elementary errors. If this is what the computer does to 'crack' the tactic then it is quite frankly laughable. When I have a team outplay me (not by that much, mind you) they absolutely arsed me, 6-1.

I have used it for 9 seasons now and I see no difference what so ever. Naturally, for every good result, I have to work even harder to make sure that we stay focused.

As for squad building, are these new players as good when it comes to actially performing. When looking at the players, their mental stats are far, far more important then then the rest of the stats.

One more thing that have effect is that some manaare/users are better motivating players when on a good run but lacks the knowehow on how to turn things around when things go bad.

25 league games with Dover Athletic since changing to this

20 wins

3 draws

2 defeats

Default squad, first season

Steady, stable & great to watch, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tactic

Thanks very much

Congratulations on a great tactic TBH.

Could i just ask your thoughts on the Right fullback? He is set to Hold Up Ball and has a much much lower mentality then the rest of the team?

Thanks

Michael

Congratulations on a great tactic TBH.

Could i just ask your thoughts on the Right fullback? He is set to Hold Up Ball and has a much much lower mentality then the rest of the team?

Thanks

Michael

Yes, its because he is meant to drag people into him when NOT launching à counter attack.( read about the difference between the left and right side)

Anyone of you have thought about making some list of preferred moves for each position ? I'm not convinced, which option is better - a winger/midfielder with "cuts inside" and "curls ball" moves, or classic wing midfielder with "hugs line" and "runs with ball often". For sure "dwells on ball" would be devastating for fast counter-attacking style of play.

I think this is the best plug and play tactic that TBH has ever created. I have had one of my best ever seasons ever in any version of FM. I am playing as East Grinstead in the Sussex County League (level 9) so decent stats are difficult to come by.

When you search for your players in the lower leagues make sure you include stats like Agility for the attacking players and Concentration for defensive players.

As well as romping the league I won the Sussex Senior Cup but did lose the final of the Sussex Challenge Cup and went out early in the FA Vase. The Challenge Cup was almost certainly down to my teamtalk as I had a few nervous players but also a couple of "not interested" players.

sussexcountyleaguedivis.png

Anyone of you have thought about making some list of preferred moves for each position ? I'm not convinced, which option is better - a winger/midfielder with "cuts inside" and "curls ball" moves, or classic wing midfielder with "hugs line" and "runs with ball often". For sure "dwells on ball" would be devastating for fast counter-attacking style of play.

DR- More defensive so no really attacking PPMs

DL- Can be given more attacking PPMs

DMC- Complete DMC on support. Can have attacking PPMs if he ha the stats for the

MC- DLP, so the PPMs should be those that fits that role, like comes deep to get ball, dictates tempo, tries killer balls etc

MR- Classic winger, huges touchline. If good dribbling and pace, then " runs down the right flank. If being quick but with lesser dribbling skills, then knocks ball past opponent.

AML- Just match his PPMs to his skills and prefered foot.

AMC - more like a false 10,so he should have attacking PPMs

FC- within his advanced role, it's great if he links up with play.

I think this is the best plug and play tactic that TBH has ever created. I have had one of my best ever seasons ever in any version of FM. I am playing as East Grinstead in the Sussex County League (level 9) so decent stats are difficult to come by.

When you search for your players in the lower leagues make sure you include stats like Agility for the attacking players and Concentration for defensive players.

As well as romping the league I won the Sussex Senior Cup but did lose the final of the Sussex Challenge Cup and went out early in the FA Vase. The Challenge Cup was almost certainly down to my teamtalk as I had a few nervous players but also a couple of "not interested" players.

sussexcountyleaguedivis.png

Thats one hell of a season mate. Would you care to upload some screens of some playerstats, like the one mostly used in the AMC and AML ?

Just quickly scanned this whole thread, so excuse me if someone asked this and I missed it - what preferred feet do you use for wingers in this tactic? Left/Left Right/Right or Left/Right Right/Left?

Look in post 146. Here you see that the M-Winger is à classic Winger and the AM-Winger is Of your choice.

Thats one hell of a season mate. Would you care to upload some screens of some playerstats, like the one mostly used in the AMC and AML ?

Sure. Hopefully this shot holds all the info you need. Ken Adams and Musa Manneh were my AMLs and Lee Wrightson and Dermot Diston my AMC.

eastgrinsteadtownsquadp.png

Lee Wrightson has excellent creative stats for this level of football.

leewrightsonoverviewpro.png

This is the more surprising one though. How important do you think Physical stats are at this level?

kenadamsoverviewprofile.png

Archived