The Better Half's ** Split 451**

Hi there, been playing with your tactic and really liking it. It's reliable, that's the main thing for me with a tactic. Finding one I could trust. What I've found is that it got me promoted first season with Cardiff and then into 7th first season in Prem. But after that I really needed a few years of building to break into the top four and another couple to win the Prem. Which is fine by me. I didn't manage it till 17/18 season but I saw improvement year by year. Very satisfying.

That was on 13.2.2

Just started playing on the new patch. My saved game was at the point of having won one and lost one with Wales in the group stages of the World Cup 2018. So I was interested to see how the patch would affect my team. The team has only Bale and Ramsey and Allen as world class players. I've a very good striker regen but the rest are either original or standard regens (i.e. scouted them with Cardiff scout and they are about 2 stars).

Results:

Final Group Game: Wales 4 - 1 Switzerland

2nd Round: Wales 1 - 0 Italy (Ramsey got injured for four weeks - thought I was screwed)

Quarter-finals: Wales 2 - 1 USA

Semi-Finals: Wales 1 - 0 Spain

World Cup Final!: Wales 2 -1 Belgium

Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. I have only ever done this once before in ANY version of FM or it's old CM incarnation.

What I've noticed is that the crazy winger runs have stopped although Bale still went on a few - then again he is Bale. The tactic seems very solid. Didn't see any of those ridiculous run to the bylines and shoot from zero angle. My corner trick didn't work as well but strangely I had four penalties awarded to me when I was taking corners (including one in injury time in the final. Oh how I leapt up when Jon Williams smashed that in!)- maybe that's a little exploit.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how my Premier champions get on with the new patch. Will report back.

Wales as World Cup Winners! Only on FM.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been using it for 4 seasons now with a team that started from bottom league in France and is world class now. The tactic was excellent both back when I was an underdog (won me league cup 1st season) and now that I'm almost always favorite. Only played 3 or 4 league games with the new patch so far and it still looks as effective as before, though the playstyle seems very different. That's a good thing cause I had grown a bit tired of watching my right midfielder run past everyone - cross - goal (20 league assists this season). Some brilliant follow up moves from the DM appeared, also the left WB seems to enter opposition are more frequently now.

Sure. Hopefully this shot holds all the info you need. Ken Adams and Musa Manneh were my AMLs and Lee Wrightson and Dermot Diston my AMC.

eastgrinsteadtownsquadp.png

Lee Wrightson has excellent creative stats for this level of football.

leewrightsonoverviewpro.png

This is the more surprising one though. How important do you think Physical stats are at this level?

kenadamsoverviewprofile.png

Hi! What do I have to do to be able to play leagues this far down?

Personally I feel the patch has changed the effectiveness of the tactic. 13.2.3 has changed things for certain. Bear in mind that I am playing at a very low level but many more mistakes are leading to goals and more last minute goals are being conceded. Before the patch we were top of the Ryman South but had just lost away to Thurrock in the cup. Following the patch we lost the next two (both away) and I was fuming especially as one was at rivals Three Bridges in the 94th minute. We then won our next two home but since then it's been very irratic drawing most games due to stupid mistakes which weren't happening before and we are fully fluid now.

I still feel we are overachieving as we are just about still in 2nd but I do think a tweak or two is required although I have no idea where.

Im trying as a lower reputation club aswell, and its not going good, at all.. Despite doing most tricks up my sleeves :(

Yes, one really need players able to pull off this high energy approach. Naturally, you can build such a squad in th Lowe leagues, but very few teams have these players from the start

Only for the winger or also for the am?

No, only for the AMWinger, i.e the AMR or AML depending in what version you are using.

Also notice that this is just a small tweak I have tried with ONE player in ONE of my saves. But if your AMWinger struggles to get into the game, give it a try.

No, It's just a plug & play. But have a look under " Forward" in the OP as this is something that I might change depending on opposition and how I think they will play.

Sorry, but what does OP mean? Opening post under forwards? Do tou change the kind of forwards is that it?

Sorry, but what does OP mean? Opening post under forwards? Do tou change the kind of forwards is that it?

Opening POst = OP ( so yes :D )

Yes thats basiclly what I mean. When playing away to really tough opponents, I will probably be more likely to loose out in possession and when having it, we will lauch quick counter attacks since the option will be on. Here, I like to use a quick poacher ( the player type, I dont change the settings etc). It can also mean that I use more hardworking Wingers etc. In short, I try to field the group of players that will be most likely to get us a results.

Small Tweak:

The only small tweak I have made to the tactic in my save is the AM-Winger

- Free role

- Mentality = about 15 nothes i.em attacking. Here, he will look for space inside the box more often

I might give this a go, as I noticed the AML is the least effective of the forward players.

I've been using this since the start of my second season with Aston Villa. It took until around xmas for me to see the benefits of this tactic but it is just starting to come into its own. I had also signed a number of players in the summer so it took them a while to gel. This is how the team looks:

GK: Begovic

DR: Solly/Lowton

DL: Ruben

CD: Clark

CD: Belluschi

DM: Simao

CM: Ekdal/Jenssen

MR: Drage

AML: Lallana

AMC: Will Hughes/Troiano (regan)

STR: Benteke/Ademilton

As you can see its a pretty young team so I have factored this into the results of using the formation. I found the tactic wasn't so good away from home as we would struggle to get any shots on goal so I increased the tempo to just below halfway and use the "pass into space" shout to attempt to hit teams on the counter. This has helped and seen me go to Arsenal and Liverpool and win recently. Currently I'm sitting 7th with 8 games left and have an FA Cup semi final against man utd to look forward to. Whilst defensively this tactic is quite solid, conceding 33 goals in 30 games, my team does have a problem finding the net, with just 34 goals. I do enjoy watching some of the football my team plays but there isn't a plethora of chances being created. Does anyone have any ideas how I can improve this?

Sorry if I'm being blind but the only links I see are for FMC, not TC.

I sent you a couple of pm's, TBH, but I've not heard anything back. Did you even get them?

Edit - Yes I was being very blind. I somehow missed the giant DOWNLOAD LINK in the OP.

I'm in my 3rd season with Livorno I got on Serie A in my first one did pretty well on 2nd season with a nice mid table finish, but I've had problems with the goal scoring :/

The defense is super solid but it is so hard to score in most matches, and it's not that my players miss chances the team simply doesn't create.

My players are pretty decent for this tactic not any superstars but all of them with the stats that are recommended and hard working guys.

I have made a tweak to the tactic, to suit the fact that the players now actually close down, make runs etc. Will upload it an make e slight re-write of the opening post on Tuesday.

As I am going away for a few days, I simply won't be able to upload it earlier than that.

What tweeks did you apply mate?

Basiclly, I have made some tweaks to the tempo and the d-line+closing down ( and no offside trap). I have not tweaked and tweaked to find a sweet spot but instead, the changes made are to suit that the players now actually close down the opponent and that the set tempo now a more direct effect than it had in previous patches. Some small tweaks have also been made to the DMC and AML/R winger.

Basiclly, I have made some tweaks to the tempo and the d-line+closing down ( and no offside trap). I have not tweaked and tweaked to find a sweet spot but instead, the changes made are to suit that the players now actually close down the opponent and that the set tempo now a more direct effect than it had in previous patches. Some small tweaks have also been made to the DMC and AML/R winger.

Looking forward to it!

when is the updated version coming out?? as anyone having success with the original version since the new patch? if so have you made any changes & what shouts do you do?

À good number of people have hade good results with the tactic with the new patch without any tweaks ( shouts wont have any effect ). As I currently stuck at an airport, cancelled flight, I won't get home until tomorrow afternoon.

À good number of people have hade good results with the tactic with the new patch without any tweaks ( shouts wont have any effect ). As I currently stuck at an airport, cancelled flight, I won't get home until tomorrow afternoon.

I am using it but it doesn't seem to be effective since the new patch, still getting decent results but consistency seems to be a problem, this and modern warfare were the best tactics around but the new patch as defo killed modern warfare.

I think I'm using a classic version of this tactic, therefore, I cannot use shouts anyway. Is there a modern version of this tactic too?

First post updated with the new versions.

The main tweaks have been ( meaning that these are already in the tactic, nothing that you should tweak)

- Reduced Closing down ( to suit the fact that now players actually close down the opponents)

- Lowered D-line ( to work in conjunction with the Closing Down)

- NO offside trap ( as we play with a normal d-line)

- The DMC playing more direct ( to suit the fact that players now take runs into channels)

Glad you made it home ok and thanks for the new version.

Hopefully this will solve the inconsistant form we have been having. I had noticed that one of the DCs would get pulled out of position leaving the opposong attacker in space to receive a simple ball and hence score. This I believe was down to the closing down which you appear to have tweaked.

Thanks.

Glad you made it home ok and thanks for the new version.

Hopefully this will solve the inconsistant form we have been having. I had noticed that one of the DCs would get pulled out of position leaving the opposong attacker in space to receive a simple ball and hence score. This I believe was down to the closing down which you appear to have tweaked.

Thanks.

Spot on. Naturally, our defenders will get pulled out of position now as well since this is the way that football works. Look at BMs match last night against Arsenal. They played a great game positionwise but when Lahm got beaten in a one-to-one situation, the defence lost its shape. This time, it resulted in a ( incorrect) corner that in its turn resulted in a goal.

Damn, i set the focus play incorrectly in the new versions when I manually copy pasted the tactic into a TC version.

If your tactic is set to mixed, re-download it using the same link. After this, it should say " down the flanks"[/quote

I was playing with the Classic version and have just downloaded the new version. I expected that the tactic to lose some familiarity but Creative Freedom and Mentality have dropped to rock bottom. Have these been tweaked correctly as in the classic they were set attackign and CF minimum.

I guess that as the players are manually tweaked that it doesn't matter?

Damn, i set the focus play incorrectly in the new versions when I manually copy pasted the tactic into a TC version.

If your tactic is set to mixed, re-download it using the same link. After this, it should say " down the flanks"[/quote

I was playing with the Classic version and have just downloaded the new version. I expected that the tactic to lose some familiarity but Creative Freedom and Mentality have dropped to rock bottom. Have these been tweaked correctly as in the classic they were set attackign and CF minimum.

I guess that as the players are manually tweaked that it doesn't matter?

In my humble opinion, there is something wrong here, something I have seen myself, My " 3 loaded tactics" actually dropped when the new patch arrived WITHOUT me changing versions

Archived