The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Sad to hear that, hope u get well soon because i think chickenpox can damage your man hood if u get it later lke you have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif It better f-ing not!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers for the well wishes guys. icon14.gif

I've brought the save game and FM disc home with me, might try and load it up on my folks pc sometime in the next couple of days if I'm not feeling that rough. Updates will be very slow though as my parents have yet to catch up with the broadband revolution. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello everyone, thought I would give a quick 'me' update. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm feeling quite a bit better now thatn what I did a couple of days ago - the pills the doc has given me have been working a treat. icon_cool.gif

Anyway, touch wood I'm planning on going back to uni on Monday, so updates should be starting up again early next week. Apologies for the delay again, although ironically my illness has meant a smaller break in updates than if I hadn't been ill!! Was meant to be going on holiday tomorrow for a week with mates from uni - can't do that now because of my bloody illness. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, hopefully from Monday onwards this sign up should start gathering momentum again. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Back at uni and ready to continue the 'Stan' adventure, updates to follow... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good lad icon14.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 13th Sept: Notts Forest (18th) v (3rd) Reading - league match

Hermandinho starts at centre back for Notss Forest in a 4-2-3-1 system.

Notts Forest take the lead after 10 minutes, Diao placing a pulled back cross in off the post. 1-0.

The striker Hermandinho was following loses him, but shoots over the bar.

Reading continue to press but can't find a way in.

Hermandinho powerfully heads clear a header.

Just as the half time whistle was about to sound, a great cross from the left by Reading is volleyed by Doyle, saved by the keeper, but Little is there to pounce and tap home the rebound. 1-1.

HT: Notts Forest 1 v 1 Reading

Half Time Stats

Forest retake the lead after an hour, Tyson finishing a ball over the top. 2-1.

Hermandinho is subbed after 74 minutes.

Eastwood fires over the bar in the dying minutes for Reading.

FT: Notts Forest 2 v 1 Reading

Full Time Stats

Solid 7 for Hermandinho.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 20th Sept: Derby (13th) v (16th) Notts Forest - League Match

Hermandinho is restored to the starting line up.

A goaless 1st half, where the keepers from both teams were the best players on the pitch. Hermandinho also acquitted himself well, with a few well timed tackles and headers.

HT: Derby 0 v 0 Notts Forest

Half Time Stats

Derby hit the crossbar early in the 2nd half.

Notts Forest score an offside goal.

The deadlock is broken after 70 minutes with a goal of the season contender. Derby had the ball out on the right touchline, where Hleb takes a potshot from 30 yards after seeing the goalkeeper slightly off his line. It goes straight in the top corner of the goal, giving the keeper no chance. 1-0.

Hermandinho continues to win the ball from corners, but does pick up a yellow card in the dying minutes of the game.

FT: Derby 1 v 0 Notts Forest

Full Time Stats

A disappointing result but the goal was fit to win any game. Hermandinho has an excellent game, collecting the MOM award.

Week ending Sunday 21st September 2008

Following his MOM display in the last match, Derby manager Billy Davies lavishes praise on Hermandinho for his performance in the game. Hermandinho snubs the praise however, saying his own manager's praise matters more.

At the other end of the spectrum, Salman Al-Dahash is criticised by his own boss for a poor run of form at Espanyol.

Benj has also has his recent form criticised by boss David Moyes at Everton. Very harsh in my opinion )7-7-7-8-5), so just one poor game.

The World Rankings for September have been announced:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Kyrgyzstan 88th Down 10 places

Turkmenistan 91st Down 2 places

</pre>

I thought now would be a good time to give an update on where the other 'Stans' are in the World Rankings:

1. Uzbekistan 57th

2. Tajikistan 63rd

3. Kyrgyzstan 88th

4. Turkmenistan 91st

5. Kazahkstan 123rd

6. Afghanistan 149th

7. Pakistan 170th

</pre>

Hopefully if both teams progress to the 3rd Qual stage of the World Cup then they will move up the rankings.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 27th Sept: Cardiff (7th) v (18th) Notts Forest - League Match

The last game of player game for Hermandinho and he starts at centre back again.

An even opening 20 minutes is almost brought to life after Sutton (not Chris btw) jinks past Hermandinho before blasting the ball over the bar.

After 26 minutes, a blocked clearance by Cardiff falls at the feet of Spicer who with only the keeper to beat slots it past him. 0-1.

Both teams have chances in the rest of the half, but most lack accuracy.

HT: Cardiff 0 v 1 Notts Forest

Half Time

Neither team offer much during most of the 2nd half. Hermandinho again showing his prowess in the air, winning header after header.

In the 2nd minute of injury time Cardiff have their best chance of the half. Hermandinho lost the forward he was marking and let him in, but the Notts Forest keeper pulls off a fantastic save to turn it round for a corner.

FT: Cardiff 0 v 1 Notts Forest

Full Time Stats

Another win for Forest and another 8 rating for Hermandinho, who seems to be relishing the 1st team football before going back to Chelsea to try and force his way in. Mourinho are you watching?!!

Week ending Sunday 28th September 2008

As I haven't mentioned them much, here are the league tables for the Summer Leagues (Russia and Sweden) with a handful of games left for both Zenith St Petersburg (Dumats) and Hacken (Libertinho):

Russia - Premier League Sept 2008

Dumats is in with a shot of winning the Russian league with Zenith, although the team above them does have a game in hand. With the top 2 teams Qual for next season's Champs League, finishing in the top 2 is important for Dumats.

Sweden - Premier League Sept 2008

There is a chance that Libertinho could obtain his 2nd relegation in as many seasons with 2 different clubs! icon_wink.gif

Taraldo has admitted that he is not adjusting to life in Holland with PSV very well and is unsettled. Shame, as in his 3 appearances so far he has an av rat of 8.33!

Northampton and Peterborough are interested in Elfdog.

Azeryk has the 'Unh' symbol by his name - he wants a new contract with Middlesbrough and is considering his options.

Lost my man twice leading to danger, but still got a solid 8 in. Hmmm, not bad. Match stats are impressive.

Loan period was only for half a season right? So I should return in January and start playing first team footie in the Premiership soon icon_smile.gif

Week ending Sunday 4th October 2008

Southampton have offered to loan Ali Obeid for 3 months from West Ham.

TeeWee - Yeah the loan is until 24th January, then you will be back at Chelsea, hopefully for the rest of the season.

The UEFA Cup Group Stage draw has been made:

Group B

Athletico (Atas)

Austria Wien

Bordeaux

Steaua Bucharest

G.Antepspor

</pre>

Easy group for Athletico to progress from.

Atas is the only one involved in the UEFA Cup at the moment - probably partly due to the fact that so many of you are involved in the Champions League. I will give halfway stage tables for the Champions League after the next round of matches. icon14.gif

Forgot to mention that Azeryk has sign a new contract with Middlesbrough, a 5 year deal worth £4m, which equates to £13,750pw. This makes him the top earner amongst his fellow Kyrgyzstanis.

Just to add some more detail to the extra update, the following World Cup 2010 Qual matches are being played on the 15th Oct:

Turkmenistan v Saudi Arabia

North Korea v Kyrgyzstan

</pre>

It's a must win game for Turkmenistan if they stand a chance of qualifying. Even a score draw may hand the advantage to Saudi Arabia (but I'm not sure whether away goals count when deciding results between teams in a group stage).

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 11th Oct: Blackburn (15th) v (9th) Everton - League Match

Benj starts in centre mid for Everton.

Everton take the lead after 15 minutes when Knight heads in a O'Neil freekick.

Blackburn waste a couple of chances, hitting over at each opportunity.

Not the most entertaining half of football ever.

HT: Blackburn 0 v 1 Everton

Half Time Stats

In what was a dull 2nd half, Everton looked to being sneaking a victory until Bentley poppped up with a close range header with less than 10 minutes to go. 1-1.

FT: Blackburn 1 v 1 Everton

Full Time Everton Stats

Can't fault Benj, did nothing wrong in his rating of 7, the game just lacked any sparkle.

Week ending Sunday 12th October 2008

Dumats has been praised by his manager for his 'magical' form of late. Dumats accepts the praise warmly.

Ali Obeid has joined Southampton for 3 months on loan.

Marcus Cook has sprained his ankle and will be out for 1-2 months, thereby missing Weds crunch game against the Saudis.

Hermandinho has bruised his heel and will also miss the Saudi game. Will be out for upto 2 weeks.

Prof Frink has well and truly been through the wars. Whilst taking part in light training in his return after a broken leg, he has suffered a gashed leg and could be out for upto 3 weeks. (His broken leg injury had only 1 week left).

Int Call Ups

Turkmenistan have called up 14 of their superkids. Hermandinho + Cook are injured.

Kyrgyzstan have called up 14 superkids as well. Lui + Prof Frink are injured.

North Korea (106th) v (88th) Kyrgyzstan

Weds 15th Oct: World Cup 2010 Asian Qualifying 2nd Round Group Stage

Pre Match

10 superkids start the match, with Bartinho, Freeladinho + Halali on the bench. Rosbon has been left out of the match day squad. Captain is Alan and Davo is the Key Man.

My Opinion

Kyrgyzstan need to win here to help keep China off their tails, am I sure they will be able to sneak it by the odd goal.

Alan has a long ranged effort tipped over the bar in the 1st minute.

Alan fires another shot from long range, this time just over the bar.

Kyrgyzstan domination eventually tells. Taphouse puts in a cross from the right that seems to evade everyone apart from Benj at the back post who has the simple task of tapping home. 0-1.

Bill is then subbed straight away, 36 minutes gone.

Elfdog dives to his left to save a N Korea freekick at the end of the half. However, the ball goes straight to a N Korea player who fires the ball straight back at the goal. However, he didn't count for Elfdog getting up so quickly and hurling himself in the other direction to turn it around the post. Magical stuff.

HT: North Korea 0 v 1 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Stats

As has become a halftime ritual of late - Alan is subbed off and replaced by Halali, who becomes captain.

The old suckerpunch by Kyrgyzstan. North Korea have a corner in the 70th minute, cleared by Halali down the left. Azeryk who had been back defending the corner, gets to the ball first and sprints down the left. He then jinks past a defender by cutting inside before calmly sliding the ball past the N Korean keeper. 0-2, fantastic counter. Birkinaldo is then subbed off.

Elfdog makes another good save, palming over from close range.

North Korea put the ball in the net in injury time but it is ruled out for offside.

FT: North Korea 0 v 2 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Player Stats

An important win for Kyrgyzstan. MOM goes to Taphouse, but a special mention should also go to Elfdog for probably his best performance on the int stage so far.

As North Korea have one of the largest stadiums in the World, it is interesting to note that the game was played infront of 136,000 people!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As has become a halftime ritual of late - Alan is subbed off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not again icon_frown.gif had some more attempts though icon14.gif. Only time I get to heard about Alan as Sevilla never play him, the U23 manager never plays him and 2nd halfs are a definate no-no.

Has he come anywhere near getting into the Sevilla team? Or even a move away?

Turkmenistan (91st) v (33rd) Saudi Arabia

Weds 15th Oct: World Cup 2010 Asian Qualifying 2nd Round Group Stage

Pre Match

10 of the superkids start the game. De Santiago, Ali Obeid, Chaoconov + Dumats are on the bench. Captain is Luke Swinson and Key Man is Selim Atas.

My Opinion

Another very important game between these 2 nations. Saudi Arabia lead the group by 2 points, so if Turkmenistan don't want to rely on other results in the final round of matches, a win here is a must. I think it may be another draw though.

Tomaldinho has his freekick well saved by the Saudi keeper after 7 minutes.

Libertinho collects the ball on the halfway line and fires a ball forward in advance of Gonzalez. The Saudi keeper makes an error judgement and as Gonzalez gets to the ball first, he is left with an open goal to slide the ball into. 1-0, 9 minutes gone.

Turkmenistan just are not letting the Saudis settle at all. 23 minutes gone and Mendieta plays the ball down the left to Atas, who supplies a hanging cross from the touchline. All the Saudi keeper can do is palm the ball out straight to Swinson who smacks in the 2nd goal and his 1st ever goal for Turkmenistan. 2-0.

Tomaldinho receives some physio treatment on the sidelines. Whilst he is off, Saudi Arabia attack down the left, ending with Swinson bringing down one of their players. Penalty. Saudi Arabia convert. 2-1.

Atas volleys wide in injury time.

HT: Turkmenistan 2 v 1 Saudi Arabia

Half Time Stats

It's going to be a very interesting 2nd half.

63 minutes gone, Atas heads the ball out to Swinson on the right wing, who makes a mockery of the 2 Saudis out there. He thens crosses the ball to the near post, where it is met by Atas who heads straight at the keeper. The Saudis then counter, with the ball ending up with a Saudi striker who is completely unmarked, yet loses his control and fires just over.

67 minute and this time no mistake. Again Swinson weaves his magic down the right, before crossing to the back post where Rossini is there to finish and score his 1st ever goal for Turkmenistan. 3-1, game over surely.

77 minutes gone and off go Libertinho + Rossini. On comes Ali Obeid + Chaoconov.

Gonzalez is subbed after 83 minutes.

FT: Turkmenistan 3 v 1 Saudi Arabia

Match Overview

Player Stats

Great win for Turkmenistan. MOM goes to Gonzalez.

World Cup 2010 Qual Results - 15th Oct 2008

Group 5 Group 7

North Korea 0 v 2 Kyrgyzstan Turkmenistan 3 v 1 Saudi Arabia

China 2 v 0 Vietnam Hong Kong 1 v 2 U.A.E.

With 1 game left to go:

Group 5 Table Group 7 Table

1. Kyrgyzstan +8 12 1. Turkmenistan +7 12

------------------------ -------------------------

2. China +5 12 2. Saudi Arabia +6 11

3. North Korea -1 6 3. U.A.E. -2 7

4. Vietnam -12 0 4. Hong Kong -11 0

Remaining Fixtures - Weds 19th Nov:

Kyrgyzstan v Vietnam

Hong Kong v Turkmenistan

* Iran are the only team to have qualified for the 3rd round stage so far.

</pre>

With both nations facing the team bottom of their group wih zero points so far, you would hope / expect both teams to progress to the final round.

Great to have you back.

And it's good thet we finally beat those saudis.

Now we are going to the world cup!

Looking forward to see how Koppers will be doing at Chelsea this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's about time that Middlesborough started paying me the right amount of money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have splashed all their cash on Alan Smith so you have to be gratful for the pocket money you get and the free lunches at the stadium icon_wink.gif

But it is certainly better than those hard times back in the 'stan.

Archived