The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Walcott i'll keep the same profile but change the details you mentioned if that's OK icon14.gif

Name: Marcus Cook

Height: 6ft 5

Weight: 94 kg

Hope that's ok icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcus Cook

There we go. icon14.gif

As I was editing your player, made me wonder whether you would like to change your 2 PPMs and favoured club.

They currently stand as:

PPMs: Gets into opposition area + winds up opponents.

Favoured Club: Liverpool

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week ending Sunday 8th June 2008

Braga have sacked their manager.

The chase appears to be hotting up for Taraldo, with the media reporting that seveal clubs are now interested in the lad. However, CSKA's boss has issued another hands off warning to clubs.

Libertinho has snubbed the offer of a new contract with Hacken, saying he wants a bigger bonus for 1st team apps.

As already stated, the bids from Arsenal, Inter and Barcelona have been accepted for De Santiago.

Much to my surprise, there appears to be an international game for both teams on 11th June! the World Cup 2010 qualifiers are continuing with the following matches:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Vietnam v Kyrgyzstan

Saudi Arabia v Turkmenistan

</pre>

So a big game for Turkmenistan. Call Ups:

Turkmenistan have called up 15 of their superkids for this crunch game. Only Rossini has been left out due to injury. Marcus Cook could also make debut for the country (I've reset Stelios' int stats).

Kyrgyzstan have called up the 13 fit superkids for their game. Lui, Birkinaldo + Prof Frink are all sidelined.

Vietnam (149th) v (63rd) Kyrgyzstan

Weds 11th Apr: World Cup 2010 2nd Qual Round - group stage

Pre Match

9 of the superkids start the match, with Freealdinho, Al-Dahash + Halali on the bench. Alan has been snubbed by Lawro and does not start the match. Captain is a non-superkid.

My Opinion

Vietnam are not very good, simple win for Kyrgyzstan.

A quiet 1st half is brought to life after 39 minutes when Azeryk intercepts a vietnam throw-in, runs forward and slots it past the oncoming keeper. 0-1.

HT: Vietnam 0 v 1 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time

Bill is subbed off at half time and replaced by Halali as Kyrgyzstan move to 4-2-1-2-1.

Bartinho picks up a yellow card for a foul early in the 2nd half.

Vietnam are down to 10 men after a shove by of one their players. Both team make subs, with Freealdinho coming on for Ryan as Kyrgyzstan go back to a 4-4-2 formation.

Vietnam are not helping their cause as 2 minutes later they go down to 9 men. Over half an hour to play with just 9 men.

Freealdinho picks up a yellow card.

Eventually the 2 man advantage tells and after 72 minutes Davo puts in a cross to the unmarked Azeryk who finishes well. 0-2. Al-Dahash then comes on for Bartinho.

84 minutes gone and Taphouse puts through Freealdinho who one on one with the keeper makes no mistake.

Robson has a powerful header in injury time tipped over the bar by the keeper.

After 7 minutes of injury time, the ref decides enough is enough.

FT: Vietnam 0 v 3 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A comfortable win for Kyrgyzstan, as to be expected when you play against 9 men for almost half the game.

MOM goes to Davo for a solid performance at right back (very solid as he gets a rating of 10!).

Saudi Arabia (24th) v (91st) Turkmenistan

Weds 11th Jun: World Cup 2010 2nd Qual Round - group stage

Pre Match

11 of the superkids start for Turkmenistan, with Marcus Cook making his debut upfront. Ali Obeid is left out of the match day squad, with Maldinov, Dumats + Gonzalez on the subs bench. The captain is Swinson and the key man is De Santiago.

My Opinion

Tough to call, Saudi Arabia have the mental edge of Turkmenistan after their U23 games and Saudi Arabia will have a stronger team than in those matches, but Turkmenistan will be pumped up for revenge. I say a score draw.

Atas picks up an injury and comes off after 6 minutes. Turkmenistan change to a 4-2-1-2-1 formation. Saudi Arabia are playing a 4-5-1 formation btw.

Koppers clears a ball off the line from a header.

Swinson needlessly punts the ball off for a Saudi corner from 30 yards. Fortunately it is cleared easily.

Nothing to note attacking wise in the 1st half.

HT: Saudi Arabia 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Half Time Stats

54 minutes gone and Chaoconov finds Cook who takes a pop from 30 yards. The Saudi keeper is forced to tip it over the bar.

Swinson, who finds himself on the left flank, pulls the ball back for Koppers who fires with power at the Saudi keeper. Koppers is then subbed a couple of minutes later.

Libertinho picks up a knock but carries on.

Great run by the Saudi left mid, who whips in a ball but the resultant header by the striker goes just passed the left post.

Swinson is subbed after 74 minutes. Only 8 superkids remian on the pitch for the last 15 minutes.

De Santiago makes a routine save with 5 minutes to go.

FT: Saudi Arabia 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A bore draw, but I'm sure Turkmenistan won't mind as it means a victory over Saudi Arabia at home (assuming they win their other games) will allow progress to the 3rd round stage.

MOM goes to Koppers.

World Cup 2010 Qual Results

Group 5 Group 7

North Korea 1 v 2 China Saudi Arabia 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Vietnam 0 v 3 Kyrgyzstan U.A.E. 1 v 0 Hong Kong

At the halfway stage:

Group 5 Table Group 7 Table

1. Kyrgyzstan +7 9 1. Turkmenistan +5 7

2. China +2 6 2. Saudi Arabia +3 7

3. North Korea -1 3 3. U.A.E. -3 3

4. Vietnam -8 0 4. Hong Kong -5 0

*Teams tied on points are first separated by results between teams, then goal difference

and finally goals scored

</pre>

In response to elf_30, the Olympics start on the 6th August and the final is on the 23rd August. The groups have yet to be drawn.

Week ending Sunday 22nd June 2008

The Euro 2008 Championships have just finished their group stages:

Groups A-D

The Quarter Finals have also been completed, so here is the KO round draw:

KO Round Tree

Samaras Taraldo has agreed to join PSV. He will join on July 1st.

Chelsea have made a £3.8m offer for Braga's Hermandinho. Braga have accepted the offer.

El Loco Bartinho has signed a new contract with Manisaspor.

The World Rankings for June have been announced and Kyrgyzstan (63rd) and Turkmenistan (91st) remain unchanged.

Week ending Sunday 29th June 2008

Lille have made an offer of £675k for Bill.

Hermandinho is ecstatic to agree terms with Chelsea. He will join them on the 1st July.

The Euro 2008 semi-finals results:

Spain 2 v 0 Germany

England 2 v 0 Sweden

</pre>

The Euro 2008 Final result:

Spain 0 v 1 England

</pre>

England have won the European Championships 2008

Player Cam for July will focus on Libertinho at Hacken in the Swedish Premier League.

And finally for the last piece of news tonight...

Olympic Games 2008

The groups have been drawn and lets just say without being harsh to Kyrgyzstan, you wouldn't back them to get out of their group...

Group A Group B Group C Group D

Brazil U23s China U23s Argentina U23s Cameroon U23s

Denmark U23s Ghana U23s Italy U23s Holland U23s

Morocco U23s Mexico U23s Kyrgyzstan U23s Saudi Arabia U23s

New Zealand U23s Portugal U23s Spain U23s USA U23s

</pre>

The term 'group of death' is sometimes overused in football, although I think it is very appropriate to use it in this scenario to describe Group C. Ah well, at least it will give Kyrgyzstan a good chance to see how far they have progressed so far!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Player Cam for July will focus on Libertinho at Hacken in the Swedish Premier League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon14.gif

I'm guessing it's only me because I'm the only player playing domestic football during this part of the year?

KUTGW

Spain, Italy and Argentina, group of death is an understatement, wait, is it time to cash in the all important, redo chip, lol.

There is no fear, we are strong and we can hang, just need a few good bounces and a whole lot of defense and we win the gold.

Peace

Welcome Marcus Cook! May your stay be long and bountiful!

A sheer impossible draw for Kyrgyzstan. Good luck in Beijing!

Looking fairly good, though the development compared to last year is a lot less (74 ability points increased last year, 17 this year). How are the training facilities in Braga anyway?

just move me to an a-league side so i am atleast in a playable league and isnt cheating much. Also since its the closest playable league to me now and lets be honest playing in nz is the equivalent of being unemployed. Move me out there asap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Looking fairly good, though the development compared to last year is a lot less (74 ability points increased last year, 17 this year). How are the training facilities in Braga anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers TeeWee, nice to be part of it icon14.gif

Walcott you may as well keep the rest the same. It isn't fair on you having to update and change things on my account.

Must also add that i love the updates, they are definitely a fun read KUTGW icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Player Cam for July will focus on Libertinho at Hacken in the Swedish Premier League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon14.gif

I'm guessing it's only me because I'm the only player playing domestic football during this part of the year?

KUTGW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much yeah icon_biggrin.gif

You were the only one who hasn't been on player cam yet who plays at this time of year. I was going to feature you in June, but Hacken only had 1 game in that month.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Looking fairly good, though the development compared to last year is a lot less (74 ability points increased last year, 17 this year). How are the training facilities in Braga anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Braga's training facilities are 'average'. Needless to say, Chelsea's facilities are much better!!

For those eagle-eyed people, you may look at the Olympic Games Group Stage draw and wonder where Australia are?! My response is, good question! icon_confused.gif It appears that there must be a slight bug in the game that meant Australia finish top of their qualifying group, yet don't make the finals. lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Walcott you may as well keep the rest the same. It isn't fair on you having to update and change things on my account.

Must also add that i love the updates, they are definitely a fun read KUTGW icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the praise. icon_cool.gif

Its completely up to you if you want to change your PPms or not, it will only take me a minute to change your details. icon14.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 6th July: Hacken (4th) v (13th) Halmstad - league match

Libertinho starts the game in centre mid, part of a 4-4-2 formation.

1st shot on target in the game is by Halmstad in the 35th minute, whihc is tipped over by the Hacken keeper. Snoozefest up till then. It appears Hacken were still snoozing as the corner was taken, Halmstad scoring with a header at the backpost. 0-1.

HT: Hacken 0 v 1 Halmstad

Half Time Stats

Libertinho hit a left footed shot just over the bar after 68 minutes.

Hacken put the ball in the net with 5 minutes to go but it is ruled out for offside.

FT: Hacken 0 v 1 Halmstad

Full Time Stats

A disappointing game for Hacken against opposition they should be beating at home. Libertinho had a solid, if unspectacular game.

Welcome Marcus Cook! May your stay be long and bountiful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's make a deal: young Hermandinho will crush the opposition strikers at our end of the pitch and young Marcus shall in return plonk ball into the back of the net at the other end of the pitch.

Together, we will win the World Cup!

icon_cool.gif

Welcome Marcus Cook! May your stay be long and bountiful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's make a deal: young Hermandinho will crush the opposition strikers at our end of the pitch and young Marcus shall in return plonk ball into the back of the net at the other end of the pitch.

Together, we will win the World Cup!

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good idea to me icon_wink.gif

Must also add that i love the updates, they are definitely a fun read KUTGW icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the praise. icon_cool.gif

Its completely up to you if you want to change your PPms or not, it will only take me a minute to change your details. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case can i get rid of "winds up opponents" and replace it with "gets crowd going" icon_wink.gif

Cheers icon14.gif

Week ending Sunday 6th July 2008

Plenty of tranfer updates...

Hermandinho has signed for Chelsea. Upon hearing the news, the Chelsea fans were excited that such a young talent was being brought to the club. Chelsea however, have decided to loan in out this season, with Leicester and Notts Forest currently interested in loan deals.

Alvaro De Santiago has signed for Italian side Inter Milan. Their fans were also delighted upon hearing that they had sign such a good young talent.

Rangers made a season long loan offer for Marcus Cook from Middlesbrough. Boro rejected this offer.

Chelsea have made an offer of upto £8.25m for Luke Swinson of Everton. Everton have currently stalled on the offer. Man Utd are also interested in him.

Pablo Gonzalez has turned down a new contract offer with Zaragoza, wanting bigger bonuses. However, it may really have more to do with the fact that Chelsea have offered £10.75m for the player and Real Madrid have offer £12.25m for him. Liverpool, Inter, Barcelona and Valencia are also interested in him.

Humphrey Koppers is wanted by Ajax.

Turkus Mendieta has spoken out at his concern of so many players at Sevilla being able to play in his position and that he may have to consider his future at the club sometime in the near future.

Roberto Rossini has had season loan offers accepted by Milan from the following clubs: Empoli. Mantova, Werder Bremen, Parma, Auxerre, Rimini and Gladbach. Milan have yet to decide whether to accept a £4.6m offer from Lyon for him.

Ali Obeid is currently listed as 'available for loan' at West Ham.

Azeryk has turned down the latest contract offer from Middlesbrough.

Belenenses have accepted offers of around £700-800k for Bill from Lille, Fiorentina, Lazio and Lyon.

Livorno have bought out Juventus' 50% share of Ryan for £2.2m, which isn't great business by Livorno as they sold 50% of Ryan to Juve for about £1m earlier in the year!!

Despite still not having fully recovered from cruciate ligament damage, Jacariah Birkinaldo has had bids for him from Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool, for £1.5m, £1.8m and £2.2m respectively. Newcastle and Liverpool's bids have so far been accepted.

Lui has 6 months left on his contract at Qingdao. They have offered him a new contract.

George Robson has apparently fallen out with Luca Rigoni (his once tutor and fellow centre mid) at Vicenza.

Little old me just nothing happening there, lol. I really dont care if I stay or go, just want to play. If the mover to Barnsley will get me playing time, I hope they do the deal asap.

Peace

London fans have a good eye for talent icon_smile.gif

Loan may not be too bad though. I take it Terry and that Portugese dude (Carvalho or the other one Mourinho took with him from Porto) are still the first choices for centreback at Chelsea?

What league are Leicester and Notts playing in?

London fans have a good eye for talent icon_smile.gif

Loan may not be too bad though. I take it Terry and that Portugese dude (Carvalho or the other one Mourinho took with him from Porto) are still the first choices for centreback at Chelsea?

What league are Leicester and Notts playing in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carvalho is no longer at Chelsea. The 1st team centre backs are Terry, Alex (the Brazilian who's at PSV IRL) and Pablo, a Spanish centre back.

Leicester and Notts Forest are both currently in the Championship.

You also now have a 3rd Turkmenstani superkid at Chelsea now, news to follow.

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 13th July: Hacken (4th) v (1st) IFK Goteborg - league match

Libertinho starts in centre mid of a 4-4-2 formation.

Hacken have a freekick on the edge of the area well saved after 18 minutes.

However, less than a minute later Goteborg take the lead after a cross from the elft is neatly headed in. 0-1.

After 23 minutes Hacken go down to 10 men after one of their centre backs makes a professional foul.

Libertinho shows how good he is at tracking back after hooking clear a ball off the line.

Hacken could have equalised in injury time, but the striker blasts over the bar.

HT: Hacken 0 v 1 IFK Goteborg

Half Time Stats

A mundane 2nd half. Hacken again waste a chance to draw level by blasting over the bar again.

FT: Hacken 0 v 1 IFK Goteborg

Full Time Stats

Another boring game involving Libertinho, although this was probably spoiled by the red card halfway through the 1st half. Libertinho with another rating of 7.

Week ending Sunday 13th July 2008

Roberto Rossini has decided to join Werder Bremen on loan for the season. He is the 1st of the superkids to play in Germany.

Luke Swinson decides to join Chelsea from Everton for £6.75m.

Pablo Gonzalez, after interest from Barcelona, has expressed his thoughts that he owes it to himself to move to a bigger club. Barcelona have made an offer £11.5m for him, as well as PSV with an offer of £12m. Real Madrid and Chelsea have both made new, higher bids of £13.5m for him.

Marcus Cook is wanted by Crystal Palace, Southend and Rangers.

Lui has signed a new deal with Qingdao.

Freealdinho has signed a new deal with Swansea and now becomes the highest paid Kyrgyzstan player at £5,750pw. However, the recent moves of De Santiago and Taraldo overshadow that contract, who are now both earning just over £9k pw.

Salman Al-Dahash has made a comment that he doesn't like the amount of competition for places at Espaynol and that he feared for his future at the club.

Tranmere have now also accepted the £1.5m offer from Arsenal for Jacariah Birkinaldo.

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 20th July: Hacken (5th) v (11th) Orgryte - league match

Libertinho starts once again in centre mid of a 4-4-2 formation.

16 minutes gone and Hacken hit the post.

Orgryte go close 3 times in 10 minutes, each time the ball going just wide of the left hand post.

HT: Hacken 0 v 0 Orgryte

Half Time Stats

Hacken's striker widely hits over from a tight angle 2 minutes into the 2nd half.

A minute later, Hacken are put through again after a poor pass, but again the striker fires over the bar.

Orgryte hit the side netting after 60 minutes. Should have been a goal.

Orgryte take the lead after 70 minutes, a deflected freekick wrong-footing the Hacken keeper. 0-1.

Hacken equalise after 76 minutes through a dazzling run by Libertinho's centre mid partner. 1-1.

Hacken then take the lead aftet 80 minutes via the penalty spot. 2-1.

Absymal kick out by Hacken's keeper goes straight to the Orgryte right winger who crosses it in for their striker to head home. 2-2, 86 minutes gone.

Orgryte then turn the game on its head again with a counter attack, with their right winger left in acres of space to fire past the Hacken keeper. 2-3.

FT: Hacken 2 v 3 Orgryte

Full Time Stats

A cracking last 20 minutes, just a shame about the result for Hacken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho has signed a new deal with Swansea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shouldn't really complain but am I doomed to stay as Swansea for the rest of my career.

Week ending Sunday 20th July 2008

Forgot to mention that back on July 1st you all turned 19.

Lazio made an offer of £1.1m for Ulfinus Chaoconov. Anderlecht rejected the offer.

The 4 bids for Pablo Gonzalez were accepted by Zaragoza. Gonzalez was delighted to sign for Real Madrid in a 3 year deal worth £13,750pw. He stated that he couldn't wait to make his debut for the club.

However, not to be outdone, Selim Atas has signed a new 5 year deal with Athletico worth £4m. That equates to a wage of £14,000pw, slightly ahead of Gonzalez.

Alan has turned down another contract offer from Sevilla, demanding higher bonus payments for 1st team apps. He currently has interest in him from Inter Milan.

Bill has rejected the offer of a new contract from Belenenses, instead prefering to transfer to Lazio for £700k. However, the transfer was marred 2 days later by the announcement that he will be another Kyrgyzstani superkid to miss the Olympic Games. He is out for 2 months, seeing a specialist about a hip injury.

According to the media, Wigan are after Watford's Elfdog. However, Watford have been quick to state that the player is going nowhere.

Jacariah Birkinaldo has decided to join Liverpool in a £2.2m transfer. More good news is that he is back in full training following his cruciate ligament injury. He has been put on the 'available to loan' list, with Notts Forest, Norwich, Leicester and Tottenham all interested (all Championship sides).

Professor Frink has signed a new 3 year deal with Crystal Palace and in doing so becomes Kyrgyzstan's top paid superkid on £7,250pw.

Tottenham's manager has expressed interest in signing Sam Taphouse from Man City. However Man City have said that the player is not for sale.

The World Rankings for July 2008 have been announced:

Kyrgyzstan 79th Down 16 places

Turkmenistan 90th Up 1 place

</pre>

Lazio made an offer of £1.1m for Ulfinus Chaoconov. Anderlecht rejected the offer.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm.

If that means I'll be a first team player for Anderlecht this season, I don't mind staying in Belgium for another year.

After that it should be pretty much time to move on, though. icon_smile.gif

Week ending Sunday 27th July 2008

Benj has rejected a new contract with Mallorca. A couple of days later, Everton make an offer of £7.5m for him - matching Benj's min fee release clause. Lazio have also made a bid of £5.5m.

Sam Taphouse has stated that he has no intention of leaving Man City currently.

George Robson has signed a new 3 year deal with Vicenza.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan has turned down another contract offer from Sevilla, demanding higher bonus payments for 1st team apps. He currently has interest in him from Inter Milan.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yas Alan has the right idea at last! icon_biggrin.gif Just hoping now Inter will make a move for him.

Week ending Sunday 3rd August 2008

Mallorca have to accept Everton's offer for Benj and he is delighted to agree terms, moving for a fee of £7.5m.

Selim Atas is out for 5 days with a damaged elbow.

Olympic Games Call Ups

Kyrgyzstan have called up 14 superkids in their squad of 22. Prof Frink + Bill are the only ones to miss out due to injury.

Kyrgyzstan U23s fixtures:

Weds 6th v Spain U23s

Sat 9th v Argentina U23s

Tues 12th v Italy U23s

</pre>

Kyrgyzstan U23s v Spain U23s

Weds 6th Aug: Olympic Games 2008 Group Stage

Pre Match Line Ups

The good news for Kyrgyzstan is that Mark Lawrenson has decided to pick 11 superkids to start, with Ryan + Birkinaldo forming the centre back pairing. Lui + Freealdinho are on the subs bench, but Bartinho misses the 1st game with a bruised head (late injury). The captain is Alan.

My Opinion

Although Kyrgyzstan have 11 superkids playing for them, you just can't deny the fact that Spain are a very good team at whatever int level. Win for Spain.

7 minutes in and Benj was gifted a chance by a sloppy pass from Spain. However he slices his shot wide of the post.

Spain find the net after 17 minutes, but much to everyones relief it is ruled out for offside.

Elfdog makes 2 vital saves within a minute from open play as Spain start to crank up the pressure a bit.

Alan almost scores a fabulous goal. Dribbling from the halfway line he weaves in and out of 3 defenders before passing the ball out wide to Taphouse who crosses the ball straight to Alan who had made a dart forward. The ball goes narrowly wide though.

Benj picks up a yellow card.

After 40 minutes, Alan is subbed off as Kyrgyzstan change to 4-2-1-2-1. Why? No idea, they were more than a match for Spain playing 4-4-2!

HT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 0 v 0 Spain U23s

Half Time Stats

An encouraging 1st half for Kyrgyzstan who have shown that they are up for a scrap in this game.

Less than a minute into the 2nd half Spain make the breakthrough, a low cross from the left across the 6 yard box is tapped in at the back post. 0-1.

Kyrgyzstan make an immediate change in reponse to the goal. Off goes Robson and on comes Freealdinho.

Al-Dahash picks up a yellow card.

Elfdog keeps Kyrgyzstan in the game with a stunning save from a volley only 8 yards out.

Spain double their lead after 73 minutes, Nsue spinning Ryan on the edge of the area before firing a shot past Elfdog. 0-2. Al-Dahash is then subbed off.

Halali has a freekick well saved with 8 minutes to go.

FT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 0 v 2 Spain U23s

Match Overview

Player Stats

A valiant fight by Kyrgyzstan but in the end Spain's quality came to the fore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bill has rejected the offer of a new contract from Belenenses, instead prefering to transfer to Lazio for £700k. However, the transfer was marred 2 days later by the announcement that he will be another Kyrgyzstani superkid to miss the Olympic Games. He is out for 2 months, seeing a specialist about a hip injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif for teh transfer.

icon_frown.gif for teh injury.

Olympic Games 2008 Group Stage Results (6th + 7th Aug)

Group A Group B

Brazil U23s 9 v 0 New Zealand U23s China U23s 3 v 2 Ghana U23s

Denmark U23s 8 v 0 Morocco U23s Mexico U23s 3 v 1 Senegal U23s

Group C Group D

Italy U23s 2 v 0 Argentina U23s Cameroon U23s 3 v 1 Saudi Arabia U23s

Kyrgyzstan U23s 0 v 2 Spain U23s USA U23s 1 v 1 Holland U23s

*Top 2 from each group qualify for the Q-finals.

</pre>

Next up for Kyrgyzstan is Argentina and they must get at least a point out of the game if they are to stand a chance of progressing.

Luke Swinson decides to join Chelsea from Everton for £6.75m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice should hopefully get a few trophies there.Could i have a screenie of me there please.

KUTGW WW icon14.gif

Argentina U23s v Kyrgyzstan U23s

Sat 9th Aug: Olympic Games 2008 Group Stage

Pre Match

10 superkids start the game. The only changes from the last game is that Lui swaps with Elfdog in goal and Halali is demoted to the bench in favour of a non-superkid. Freealdinho is also on the bench. Captain is Alan.

My Opinion

The Argentine team only contains Oscar Ustari, Lionel Messi + Sergio Aguero of players of note and whose heard of them?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Got to fear for Kyrgyzstan in this game, this opposition looks stronger than the Spanish.

Quiet first 20 minutes, good news for Kyrgyzstan that.

Good save by Lui, tipping over the bar a shot by Aguero after he lost his marker. From the resultant corner, the ball feeds to Davo on the far side of the 18 yard box. Not seeing anyone in front of him to pass to, Forrest Gump style he just sets off down the right flank, running all the way to the opposition area before centring a ball. Unfortunately, the Argentine defender beats Alan to the header.

GOAL GOAL GOAL! Davo sends a ball down the right for Alan to chase, who picks it up and cuts inside his man and runs in on goal before promptly dispatching it into the top corner. 32 minutes gone, 0-1.

Oh dear - what a shambles. Argentina equalise 2 minutes later. Aguero runs down the right, beating 3 men. Puts in a rubbish cross that doesn't beat Robson at the near post. He calmly passes to Ryan, who then decides to play the ball back to Robson, only he is no longer there. An Argentine nips in a smacks it past Lui. Such a soft goal to concede. 1-1.

HT: Argentina U23s 1 v 1 Kyrgyzstan U23s

Half Time Stats

At halftime Kyrgyzstan make 2 subs, with Alan being removed again early and Halali coming on. They change to a 4-2-1-2-1, the downfall of their last match - will the same happen again?!

Argentina take the lead 2 minutes into the 2nd half with a deflected shot from within the area. 2-1.

59 minutes gone and Messi is put through the centre and with nobody to mark him takes plenty of time to measure his shot and hits it passed Lui and into the net. 3-1.

Freealdinho comes on after 70 minutes for the non-superkid who was brought on at halftime!

Halali brings down Messi on the edge of the area, but only gets a yellow card.

Argentina make it 4-1 with a header from a corner in injury time.

Argentina U23s 4 v 1 Kyrgyzstan U23s

Match Overview

Player Stats

Thats 2 games in a row now that Kyrgyzstan have been on equal terms with the team at halftime but their 2nd half performance has just let them down, whether it be the formation change or the player subsitutions or just the players performance.

Olympic Games 2008 Group Stage Results (10th + 11th Aug)

Group A Group B

Morocco U23s 3 v 1 New Zealand U23s Ghana U23s 2 v 0 Mexico U23s

Denmark U23s 1 v 3 Brazil U23s Senegal U23s 3 v 1 China U23s

Group C Group D

Argentina U23s 4 v 1 Kyrgyzstan U23s USA U23s 2 v 1 Cameroon U23s

Spain U23s 2 v 1 Italy U23s Holland U23s 6 v 0 Saudi Arabia U23s

Group C Table:

1. Spain U23s +3 6

2. Argentina U23s +1 3

--------------------------

3. Italy U23s +1 3