[FM13]40 Years of Management and I End Up In Bloody Crewe

AcidBurn

First, let's just say you have some Dude in midfield. :D Another good season albeit the cups went wrong this time, I can see why you'd be somewhat happy to lose to Salamanca though! Always great to see former clubs doing well - as long as they're not doing better with the AI, that can be a bit annoying sometimes. :D

Bit random to go back to Brazil but I suppose whatever motivates you. Unfinished business there, am I right? I vaguely recall you moved away without having got that Libertadores title.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a brilliant spell in charge of Crewe so congrats on turning them into a force :D Best of luck at Nautico,hopefully you will be able to lift the Copa Libertadores at some point!

This should be interesting. I wonder how you are going to deal with foreign clubs bidding for your talent ? Also you are definitely gonna need a strong youth system.

I think it's easier to keep Brazilian talent at the club now, I never had one bid for Robertinho from Europe and at the time he was the most talented teenager in Brazilian football. He then stayed within Brazil for the rest of his career so hopefully I can hang onto any real talent I uncover.

Great work with Crewe although it's a shame you missed out on the Champions League. Have to say I'm very happy to see you go back to Brazil too :thup:
P.S. Shame SRL's already taken the Hobbit title - that would have been (almost) perfect!

It was annoying to not win it but I'm happy to move back to Brazil now. SRL's would have made a good title!

Nice mascot ;)

Haha, even nicer than Miss Chapecoense from the first few pages of this thread.

Whoa Dude, he's some player.

Another cracking season. A much better place to be now... Brazil over Crewe.

Thanks, Brazil better be a hell of a lot better than Crewe that can't be hard I'd bet Dnipropetrovsk was probably a better place to live.

First, let's just say you have some Dude in midfield. :D Another good season albeit the cups went wrong this time, I can see why you'd be somewhat happy to lose to Salamanca though! Always great to see former clubs doing well - as long as they're not doing better with the AI, that can be a bit annoying sometimes. :D

Bit random to go back to Brazil but I suppose whatever motivates you. Unfinished business there, am I right? I vaguely recall you moved away without having got that Libertadores title.

Cheers, Dude is an awesome player just hope he stays at Crewe for a while yet. I don't mind Salamanca beating me sure I'd much preferred to have won but if I had to lose then I'd pick Sunderland or them to lose to. Might seem a bit random but you are correct it's unfinished business I never won anything of note in Brazil. It might sound silly but the Brazilian cup is the one I want the most at the moment because I lost three finals in a row with Chapecoense. I thought it'd be good to go back and get that Libertadores as well, I've done everything I wanted to and much more in Europe, I've already won the North American Champions League, I don't fancy Africa so it was Asia or South America.

It was a brilliant spell in charge of Crewe so congrats on turning them into a force :D Best of luck at Nautico,hopefully you will be able to lift the Copa Libertadores at some point!

Thanks, I had a few goals with Crewe win at least one Champions League, win multiple league titles, get some superstars from the academy, get a new stadium and become a legend there. Done all so it's time to hopefully grab that Libertadores at some point!

nautico-capibaribe-logo.png

Brazilian First Division

26Table-2.jpg

26Matches.jpg

Ramon.jpg

We've shot up the league and are now 6 points clear of the relegation zone although not safe I am confident we can easily stay up. Guarani and Flamengo were both in 2nd place when we beat them, we outplayed Guarani but we were extremely lucky against Flamengo they just didn't take their chances and it came back to haunt them. Apart from the Goias match which we lost we've played brilliantly although struggle to score at times especially away from home but it doesn't matter because other sides have struggled to score against us. I'd be happy to win the home matches and draw the away ones.

One of the first things I did when I arrived was to sell Ramon for £10 million to St. Etienne I think that was a great deal because he isn't that good but his value has risen a bit since he went there, although he is playing awfully for them. Before I sold him I asked the board to give me a higher percentage of the transfer money and they allowed me to have 95%, I then waited until the new Brazilian regens had entered the game and sent the scouts out. I spent just over £10 million on 10 15-16 year old players with 4.5 or 5 star potential. Some won't be old enough to play for a few months but if just one can turn out to be a £30 million future transfer I'll be very happy.

I like your buying strategy :) May have to raid the Ukrainian league in the same manner.

Cheers, I plan to mainly invest in youth but if I can bring in some experience for free or on loan I will.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a good move. Good luck :thup:

Thanks, hopefully I guess if it doesn't work out I can easily move on.

What formations are you using in brazil ?

I still using a 4-4-2, we come up against mostly wing back formations of the 4-2-2-2, we may get out numbered in the middle but out wide we can pin back their wing backs and create some good chances.

Selling a club's best player on arrival to get the funds to rebuild the team, is a strategy I've done a couple of times and it's one I'd recommend. Since you managed to get 10 kids with potential for that money, then well that's a no-brainer. It will take a long time to get the best out of them, some will flop sure, but worst case scenario you'd think at least one of them will be worth big money in the long term.

Brazilian First Division

EndTableTable.jpg

EndTable-8.jpg

We finished the season in 11th which isn't bad at all, we lost a couple of games in these last 12 games but they were both against two very good sides. We also had some good wins in there that took us away from the relegation zone and saw us pushing for a top half finish, something I am aiming for next season. We are reliant on Teodorico for our goals so I'm hoping someone else can step up and help him out a bit next season. We really struggled with the fitness of the players over the last 20 matches we didn't start a single match without at least one player having the RST next to their name. I think it's a good sign for us that teams tend to lose quite a few games over the season because if that's a trend all we need to do is to get more consistent and we can challenge for the top but I think that's a couple of seasons away.

Brazilian Cup

endcup.jpg

Teodorico single handedly beat lower league side Uniao in the fourth round with 4 goals over both legs, we then face Sao Paulo in a very even match. Eventually we came out on top scoring quite late in both matches and then we held our nerve to win the penalty shoot out to go onto face Fluminense. Away from home they destroyed us 5-1 the annoying thing was seeing them score 4 of their first 5 shots at goal a late strike from Teodorico gave us a a consolation goal. In the second leg we really came out strong and were only one goal away from going through on away goals, I thought we might do it being as we went 3-0 up pretty quickly but they held firm and stopped us grabbing that vital goal.

Transfers In

T-Souza.jpg

T-Jose.jpg

T-Laerte.jpg

T-Mauro.jpg

T-Erasmo.jpg

T-CarlosAntonio.jpg

T-AntonioErmilson.jpg

T-EvertonAlex-1.jpg

T-Everaldo.jpg

T-China.jpg

T-Viana.jpg

So here's how I reinvested the £10 million I got from selling one of the star players. The first players down to Antonio Ermilson represent a bit of a risk, sure they all have bags of potential but it's not a guarantee that they'll all make it. By the time the State Championship is done they should all be approaching an age where they can play in the First Division I expect quite a few of them to get some game time just because of the sheer number of games that we will play each season. If I had to pick one player I expect to succeed then it'll be Everaldo I think he'll become a top player and may end up going for a lot of money in the distant future. China is a current U-20's international and being able to play at DMC and MC will help us in the long run. Lastly I got some experience in with the loan of Viana from Dortmund he may lack in a few areas but I'm confident he can find the net for us quite a few times over the season.

Didn't Salamanca do well! :D

Fair enough jacking it in at Crewe, I think you enjoyed a great era of success, so there wasn't much left to play for. Good luck in Brazil :thup:

They sure did, I don't mind! Crewe was boring for me the league was too easy the cups were a challenge but it wasn't enough.

Selling a club's best player on arrival to get the funds to rebuild the team, is a strategy I've done a couple of times and it's one I'd recommend. Since you managed to get 10 kids with potential for that money, then well that's a no-brainer. It will take a long time to get the best out of them, some will flop sure, but worst case scenario you'd think at least one of them will be worth big money in the long term.

I've never done it like this before as you say there's no question it was the right thing to do and some will succeed and some will fail, just hope I can find that £20 million man to eventually sell on.

They'll all end up in double figures by the time they are 20-ish, I hope!

Out of 409 English players under 16 only 9 have 10 or more for strength. Out of 433 Brazilians under 16 once again only 9 have 10 or more for strength.

Out of those English players 200 have 5 or more for strength and 133 Brazilians have 5 or more for strength.

The 67 more English youngsters with 5-10 for strength is a difference but nothing to be concerned about.

Solid first season with Nautico.
Not a bad first season, looks like you've got some classy young players coming through so the future's looking good for now!
It'll be nice to have a full season to build the club.

Thanks, there's hopefully be plenty of youth players coming through in the next few seasons. The squad is nowhere near mine yet so to speak so that first season was a solid enough one that'll I'll be hoping to really improve on next season.

Brazilian Pernambuco State Championships

StateTable.jpg

StateFixtures.jpg

So I think we are easily the best side within our State Championships, it's a pity that there are no Hall of Fame points for winning this competition. As you can see we scored 8 goals twice, beat someone 11-0 and finally smashed Belo Jardim 14-0 with on loan Dortmund striker Viana scoring 9 times he also bagged a hat trick in the return match. A lot of these sides are obviously very weak but I'm still glad to see so many goals scored 116 in 22 matches is pretty good, we also stayed consistent never losing and only suffering from two complacent performances. We faced Santa Cruz in the semi-finals and beat them 8-1 over two legs to go into the final against Sport Recife after a slim win away from home we found ourselves 2-0 down at half time in the return leg but an angry team talk and three substitutions saw us turn it around and win 3-2. This is only the 4th State Championship win in the last 10 years for Nautico and hopefully the first of many more under my management.

State Championships always tend to be blowouts if you're a good club. You didn't disappoint! :D

I suppose it's good for the younger players to get some game time! Last time out I wasn't used to this at Flamengo I had quite a hard State or at least one with two or three other top sides in. At Chapecoense it took about a decade to finally assert ourselves as the dominant side in the State.

Recife should be decent opposition in the state but other than that it's a mickey mouse competition, well done in winning it though.

Looking forward to see what you can do in the Brasileirão in a full season, it just dawned to me that I don't think Náutico are this competitive in real life already? From memory I think they are a 2nd tier side, so presumably over the last few decades they did a step forward under the AI.

Recife should be decent opposition in the state but other than that it's a mickey mouse competition, well done in winning it though.

Looking forward to see what you can do in the Brasileirão in a full season, it just dawned to me that I don't think Náutico are this competitive in real life already? From memory I think they are a 2nd tier side, so presumably over the last few decades they did a step forward under the AI.

Nautico and Recife have both been yoyo clubs ever since the start of the game going between the top two leagues quite a lot. State is all about giving the youngsters some games and blending the current players together especially as we've made so many new signings since I took charge. I'm not sure how good Nautico are in real life but we are predicted to come 12th in the First Division this season.

Didn't do too bad in your first season.Good job on winning the State Championship,any silverware is good silverware :D

Thanks, my first season was all about getting things ready to push for a top half or higher finish this season.

Brazilian First Division

10Table-11.jpg

10Results-2.jpg

We've had a great start as you can see and sit in a very good position but I think this league is going to be incredibly tight if these first 10 matches are anything to go by. We did top the league after 8 matches but for some reason we can't win away from home. Our home form is 5 wins out of 5 and some against some very good sides like Flamengo and the 5-2 smashing of Corinthians. Away from home we seem to buckle in the second half we led 1-0 against Gremio and Paranaense only to find ourselves level by the end of the match. We've also struggled to score away from home failing to score more than one goal in any away match and usually not scoring at all.

Like I said it's been a good start, I'm not sure if we'll be up there at the end of the season because the big sides have much stronger squads than us which will come into play towards the end of the season when some of our players will have played 60 games or so. I'd be extremely happy with a top 8 finish and I'd settle for a top half finish, I can't see us challenging for the title until some of the youngsters hopefully develop into decent players.

That's an excellent start; especially your home form, which is very good. Very promising :thup:

Thanks, I've played a few more games and we are still struggling away from home.

Please can you upload this save game file to download?

No sorry, it might sound selfish but I don't want anyone else playing in my game world.

Brazilian First Division

20Table-8.jpg

20Matches-9.jpg

We are in a very good position challenging for top place but I am still looking behind us and trying to get as far from 5th place as possible to we can play in the Libdertadores next season. As you can see we are still useless away from home although we did pick up our first away wins of the season against Avai and then against bottom place Campinense due to a late goal. We should have beat Guarani but our idiot CB got sent off after 12 minutes and from that moment on we didn't have a chance. I've tried a few things but I can't really turn around the away form at home we've won 9 lost 1 score 22 and conceded 7 away from home we've won 2, drawn 5 and lost 3 scoring 8 and conceding 12. If would have just bagged a couple more wins away from home we'd be clear at the top but it wasn't to be. We have a healthy lead over 5th and hopefully we can increase that lead and keep up with the sides around us.

Brazilian Cup

20Cup.jpg

Routine win over lower league Desportiva 5-0 I'm not sure why this was one leg only. We breezed past Vasco after a hard fought 3-3 draw away from home with Teodorico getting a hat trick to set us up a clash with Internacional. If only we'd have scored and not hit the woodwork twice then we'd be going through to the next round but we aren't and we are out.

Copa Sudamericana

20Suda.jpg

Internacional again knocked us out, we had a man sent off after 9 minutes and that practically ended any chance we had of progressing. It was a very poor display for my first crack at continental competition with Nautico, annoyingly we had won the first leg and put ourselves in a good position.

runin.jpg

Thanks people, it does look like it'll be a close finish I just hope we can hang in there. The run in could go either way we have some tough away matches if we were to lose to Flamengo and Corinthians then it would knock morale down and make it harder to win the following home matches. Not sure which way it'll swing for us at the moment.

Brazilian First Division

30Table-3.jpg

35Table-1.jpg

EndTable-9.jpg

EndMatches-9.jpg

For the second half of the season we were sensational and managed to end the season as champions! As you can see after 30 games we started to open up a big lead over the other sides and from there we found some decent away form that we didn't have early in the season. We didn't lose any of the last 19 matches and had some decent wins to take home the title with three games to spare, we only lost 4 matches in the league all season and although no other side could string together any consistent form I think we deserve a lot of credit for the long unbeaten run. Winning away at Flamengo 4-1 was a key victory and one that signalled that we were real contenders for the title, followed by two home wins and another away win I knew we were on for the title. We then won three home games on the spin to really set us on our way.

EndPaco.jpg

Success has come at a cost though, we are now £7 million in debt and the board have said it would be useful if I could sell a couple of players to ease the financial strain on the club. I decided I'd cash in on possibly our best player attributes wise. I offered out Paco and received a decent offer of £16.75 million with a 50% sell on clause, so I accepted I have a few good youngsters coming through who can replace him but none are as good as him. We'll just have to see what we can do we are obviously weaker without him but we really needed the money.

Made easy work of the league. A shame about having to sell players because of the financial situation but thats not exactly unexpected in South America and you got a good price, the sell of could potential be massive too.

Great end to the season! Congrats on the title :thup: Too bad about the finances though. Hopefully you don't have to get rid of a lot of your core squad.

Made easy work of the league. A shame about having to sell players because of the financial situation but thats not exactly unexpected in South America and you got a good price, the sell of could potential be massive too.

Thanks, I sort of expected we'd have to sell at least one player I think managing a side like Nautico means we are a selling club, becoming self sufficient will take a lot of time.

Great end to the season! Congrats on the title :thup: Too bad about the finances though. Hopefully you don't have to get rid of a lot of your core squad.

Cheers, I think we can keep most players but even after that sale the bank balance is still only £6 million. Financially it's hard to compete with the bigger sides.

Well done on the league. Such a shame when you do that and still have to sell your best player but with improved rep for the title you should be able to attract someone else for a decent fee.

Thanks, I don't think we'll be able to replace him with anything other than a free transfer, a loan or through promoting one of the youngsters.

Good going on winning the league title although it is a shame with you having to sell players to help with your finances.

Thanks, unfortunately I think we'll always have to sell players well at least until we can get such a big reputation that the TV deal improves along with the finances.

Well done Acid.

Cheers Nobby.

Congrats man.

How level are the youth facilities ?

Any chance of any facilities or stadium upgrade ?

Thanks, good youth facilities, top training, above average youth recruitment and good junior coaching. We have no chance of anything being upgraded you need money for that to happen lol.

What a great season! :thup:

It's difficult to make a profit in South America, so, sometimes, selling your best player(s) is the only option to balance the books. A bit of Copa Libertadores revenue will help next season, though.

Archived