"I got 99 Dnipro-blems, but a pitch ain't one!"

Deisler26

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk.svg.png

May 2013 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 0 Metallurg Donetsk (DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup, Semi Final)

Dominic Adiyah 39, 44, 77

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 PFC Sevastopol (DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup Final)

Ruslan Rotan 5

Alan Dzagoev 21

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Karpaty Lviv (Vyshcha Liha)

Artem Milevskyi 21

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 Chornomorets Odesa (Vyshcha Liha)

Artem Milevskyi 10, 16

-------------------------------

We did it! We did it! In one of the greatest months in club history, we delivered the first ever League & Cup double in Dnipro's history. We rampaged through the month without conceding a goal, especially with a fantastic 0-0 draw against Shakhtar, where it seemed our destiny was inexorable and only a titanic display from the Shakhtar keeper kept us from sealing the title early! As it was, it came down to the last day and an early double by Artem Milevskyi meant that we were in party mood for much of the game and we could take it easy! Next season will obviously be a killer as it will be our first European Cup/Champions League adventure since 1990/91! But with the new philosophy in mind, we should end up with some great talent to join the squad!

I'm a little disappointed with our early Europa League exit, but I do think that it helped us by not jamming up our fixtures, plus it meant I searched for a better formation and came up with a 4-2-3-1 that really shone. Also, Nikola Kalinic didn't feature much in the second half of the season, so he may be sold on so I can replace Michael Mancienne who, despite his good perfomances, isn't worth the £5.25m that Hamburger SV are demanding for him.

------------------------------------------

Final Results

DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup: Winners (vs Metalurg Donetsk)

Vyshcha Liha: Winners (with 63pts from 30 games)

UEFA Europa League: Lost in Playoff (vs SK Rapid Wien)

Top Scorer: Roman Zozulya / Diego Buonanotte / Eugene Konoplyanka (with 9)

Top Assists: Ivan Strinic (with 8)

Top Rating: (minimum 12 games played) Alan Dzagoev (7.69 over 14 games)

Manager's Player Of The Year: Anatoily Tymoschuk

----------------------------------------------

Finally, the winning game in full!

[video=youtube_share;_uFKtoDoZqE]

Well done on a double.
Massive congratulations are in order!

Thanks guys!

Just been informed by the media that Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin shows a 'sizable bias towards Dnipro with no less than 8 players from the club in his international squad'! Well, why not? We ARE the champions!

When I started reading this thread and saw a 2-7 defeat to Rapid Wien I really don't think I expected to see the season end with a league and cup double! Great job turning things around, be interesting to see how you get on in the Champions League next season.

When I started reading this thread and saw a 2-7 defeat to Rapid Wien I really don't think I expected to see the season end with a league and cup double! Great job turning things around, be interesting to see how you get on in the Champions League next season.

Entirely due to the change in formation and the team learning to play with each other IMO... Oh and Alan Dzagoev...

09 July 2013

Inter Super Cup of Ukraine

Stadion Tsentralnyi, Mykolaiva

Att: 69,004

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 PFC Sevastopol

Diego Buonanotte 1

Artem Milevskyi 46

In a replay of last season's DATAPOOL Football Cup Ukraine Final, I led the team out on a cool night for the Inter Super Cup of Ukraine against PFC Sevastopol. Only newcomer was defender David Lomban, on loan from Barcelona in place of the departed Michael Mancienne.

We kicked off and moved the ball down the pitch. Tymoschuk laid the ball out wide to Mandzyuk who lofted a deep ball into the 18 yard box. The man who reacted fast enough was Diego Buonanotte who nipped in to side-foot volley the ball past the keeper with barely a minute on the clock.

This meant that we were comfortably in charge of the game and just played the ball about without any sense of urgency..Sevastopol had a few shots, but all of them, without exception were wild.

HT came and when and less than a minute after the restart, Diego Buonanotte picked up the ball just inside the Sevastopol half and drove forward. He then played a laser-guided through ball into the path of Artem Milevskyi who stroked the ball into the bottom corner. 2-0 and it was the dagger in the heart. The game just petered out after that and, as the final whistle blew, we became the first club since 2004 other than Shakhtar or Dynamo to win the Super Cup!

[video=youtube_share;x7cJUX4sOnw]

July 2013 Update

So this season, I was again given a brief to make Europe, all on a £300k p/w wage budget and a £11.25m transfer budget. . Seems legit...

----------------------------------

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 1 Chornomorets Odesa (Vyshcha Liha)

Denys Oliynyk 38

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Vorskla Poltava (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 43

Artem Milevskyi 47, 53

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Illichivets Maruipol (Vyshcha Liha)

Anatoliy Tymoschuk 29 (pen)

Eugene Seleznyov 37

Diego Buonanotte 46

Well, a slow start for us this season. The 90th minute equaliser for Chornomorets was a double deflection and no justice for us. But slowly we ground into gear with back-to-back 3-1 wins.

-------------------------------------

Well, we didn't have much to change from last year's side. Two or three players slipped through my grasp; Italian AMC Marco Verratti went on loan from Paris Saint-Germain to Udinese. Finally, MC Clement Chantome wanted over £56k p/w to sign for us and I frankly couldn't justify spending that on him.

All that came in this month were loans. DC David Lomban on a season-long from Barcelona, ST Andre-Pierre Gignac for 4 months and our former striker Eugene Selezynov for 3 months from Dynamo Kiev.

Selling-wise, DC Ondrej Mazuch was shipped off to Olympiakos Piraeus for £4.9m and then ST Olexy Antonov was sold to Karpaty for £2.7m. Finally, I shipped Nikola Kalinic off on loan to Glasgow Celtic. My DoF sold a number of U-21/Dnipro-2 players too.

Congrats on the first season double and now the Supercup. That was quick to get Dnipro into success! You've posted that you've lost 25M though, is the club in financial trouble now then? Perhaps this is the season you calm down in the transfer market and stabilize things?

Those are big budgets for that league.

I had a very high wage budget, simply as I needed to sign Tymoschuk, so I sent some funds towards the wages before the end of the season. As for the transfer budget, it was what we had in the account...

Congrats on the first season double and now the Supercup. That was quick to get Dnipro into success! You've posted that you've lost 25M though, is the club in financial trouble now then? Perhaps this is the season you calm down in the transfer market and stabilize things?

No, no, we had a starting balance of £35m in the coffers! I'm looking at not signing many players other than on loan.. But if the right player is free..

Dynamo Kiev are in dire straits ATM..

?m=02&d=20070913&t=2&i=1712200&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=img-2007-09-14T011615Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_India-295179-1

"Good evening and welcome to the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw. This year's draw takes in very little surprises, apart from the lowest-rated team in the competition, Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, who haven't been in the Champions League in any incarnation since 1990-91.. Right, over to Michel, Michel?"

"Evening. Ze draw was made and zee's are ze groups.."

Group A

Real Madrid (ESP)

Olympique Marseille (FRA)

Panathinaikos (GRE)

DNIPRO DNIPROPETROVSK (UKR)

Group B

Chelsea (ENG)

Atletico Madrid (ESP)

Standard Liege (BEL)

Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Group C

Arsenal (ENG)

SL Benfica (POR)

Juventus (ITA)

Feyenoord (NED)

Group D

FC Bayern Munich (GER)

CSKA Moscow (RUS)

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

Hapoel Tel-Aviv (ISR)

Group E

Manchester United (ENG)

Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Borussia Dortmund (GER)

FC Vaslui (ROU)

Group F

FC Porto (POR)

Schalke 04 (GER)

Olympiakos (GRE)

FC Zurich (SUI)

Group G

Barcelona (ESP)

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

Rubin Kazan (RUS)

Trabzonspor (TUR)

Group H

A.C Milan (ITA)

Valencia (ESP)

Liverpool (ENG)

Sparta Prague (CZE)

Oh f***

August 2013 Update

Welp. It looks like our Champions League dreams are over before they started. Madrid and OM are going to kill us.

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Obolon Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Eugene Konoplyanka 46

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 Arsenal Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Carlos Fierro 13

Artem Milevskyi 88

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Alan Dzagoev 29

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 1 Volyn Lutsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Alan Dzagoev 27

Diego Buonanotte 40

Roman Zozulya 55

Javad Nekounam 64

A perfect month, topped off by the toppling of Shakhtar 1-0 to give us our first win over them!

-------------------------------------

Just a few more additions for the end of the transfer window. DC Isaac Vorsah came in for £3.8m from FC Red Bull Salzburg as our main covering DC and only cash signing of August. Loan-wise, DM Anthony Annan came in on loan from Schalke 04 and ST Eugene Selezynov came BACK on loan from Dynamo Kyiv for the next two seasons. What happened was I was paying £250k p/m to keep Selezynov, so I cancelled that loan, but barely a week before the deadline, he was transfer-listed and dumped into Dynamo-2. So I snatched him up for the next two seasons without having to pay a red cent!

I also failed miserably with a £15m offer for Andriy Yarmolenko, when he totally rejected me out of hand.

Only player of note out was DM Derek Boateng to ACF Fiorentina for £3.5m. Boateng was mostly unused last season due to the titanic performances of Tymoschuk.

BREAKING NEWS

I had Liverpool coming in with a £20m bid for Eugene Konoplyanka on the 2nd Sept. The very fact they wanted the deal tied up by the end of the day said to me they were desperate. I tacked on a 50% sell on clause and they snapped my hand off. I agreed the deal but, with just a few hours to go, the deal fell apart as they couldn't raise the funds.

Borussia Dortmund then stepped into the breach, but they balked at £21m & 50%, so Konoplyanka is still a Dnipro player

Man, that deal would have definitely given you some financial security!
You could have used the money I think.
Tough draw in the CL, you seemed to have started the season well though so you never know. Shame you could not get rid of him the cash could have really helped maybe he will go in the next window

Well, I certainly could have used the cash, but the player is a part of my 6 home-grown players limit and it would have impacted that. Plus I got £8m for playing in the Champions League Group Stage. So, I don't massively miss it, but I would take double his value.

17 September 2013

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

Arena-Dnipro, Dnipropetrovsk

Att: 30,791

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 4 Olympique Marseille

Our first Champions League game of the modern era saw us take the stage at home against French heavyweights Olympique Marseille. Issac Vorsah was suspended for the game, a legacy from his days at RB Salzburg, so David Lomban came in at the centre of defence, otherwise we had a full first team squad to send out.

That optimism lasted 4 mins as the L'OM forward latched onto a long ball forward and rolled the ball under Bolat to open the scoring. We then took the fight to them, having two good chances but the L'OM keeper was equal to them. Vitaliy Mandzyuk got nobbled on 33 mins and was limping badly, so I replaced him with Pavlo Pashaev. Finally, just before HT, L'OM doubled their lead with a rasping 25 yard strike that was still rising as it hit the back of the net.

We weren't doing too bad at HT, so I sent the guys back out with a vote of confidence. Eugene Cheberyachko was having a torrid time against the L'OM forwards and he was turned inside out again, as they trebled their advantage with a simple run and shot. That was enough for me and I gave him the hook at a 5.1 rating. On came Lucas Zen. There was still time to concede a comedy goal as the L'OM winger screwed a cross-field ball from the halfway line and it looped over the stunned Sinan Bolat and into the net. There was still time for Milevskyi to beat the entire L'OM defence to a looped free-kick, but his header beat the keeper and smashed off the bar and Tymoschuk to have his 20 yard screamer pushed around the post.

The final whistle went and we'd lost 0-4. On paper, it was a routine win for them, but I'd seen some good performances from the guys to show that, maybe, we could sneak the Europa League spot.

September 2013 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 1 PFC Sevastopol (Vyshcha Liha)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 Karpaty Lviv (Vyshcha Liha)

Eugene Shakhov 59

Eugene Cheberyachko 75

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 4 Olympique Marseille (UEFA Champions League, Group A)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 3 Metalist Kharkiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 18

Carlos Fierro 29, 71

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 3 Bukovyna Chernivtsi (DATAPOOL Football Ukraine Cup, Second Round)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 Metalurg Zaportizhyha (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 11

Carlos Fierro 61

-----------------------------------------

A diabolical month and one mainly down to me. I blooded young goalie Mykhaylo Polyanskyi and young AMC Mykola Andrievskyi in the cup loss and Polyanskyi also played in the league match against Metalurg Zp.

My problem was that I played Metalist Kharkiv with a rotational side, due to the CL match earlier in the week. The 3-3 draw was acceptable, but then came the dilemma. I had three games in a week, but the only one that mattered was the CL match against Panathinaikos AO at the beginning of next month. I thought about starting the first XI, but I ended up completely changing the side for the Cup game and it showed as they had no fluency and we slumped badly to defeat. Then came the league match, where I played a 50/50 and luckily, we won...

02 October 2013

OAKA Spyros Louis, Athens

Att: 46,154

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 2 Panathinaikos AO

Diego Buonanotte 8, 30

Giuliano 20

Alan Dzagoev 34

We made the long 1,300km journey from the Ukraine to Greece for our first-ever Champions League away game. Both teams had made bad starts, losing 0-4 and we were looking to bounce back. All the regulars were back in the team with Eugene Selezynov preferred to Artem Milevskyi up front.

We kicked off and were in the lead by 8 minutes. A deep Giuliano cross was headed out as far as Tymoschuk, who fed it back into Diego Buonanotte who fired home from the edge of the area! Things got even better for us 10 mins later, as a quick break from a corner saw Dzagoev feed Buonanotte, who sprinted away down the left wing, cut inside and then chipped to the far post, where an onrushing Giuliano met it with a volley to double our advantage

Another 10 mins passed and we trebled our advantage. Another quick break saw Selezynov break down the right, cut in, then cut the ball back. The cut-back took out the entire Pana defence and Diego Buonanotte fired home for his second of the game and our third. Buonanotte turned provider for the fourth on 34 minutes, a chipped ball over the defence saw Alan Dzagoev bravely beat the Pana keeper to the ball to head home number 4. We were 4-0 up at HT and stunned.

We slacked off after the break and conceded two goals, both empty netters after mistakes from Sinan Bolat. Artem Milevskyi came on for Eugene Selezynov late on, but we'd run out easy winners...

------------------

[video=youtube_share;AOW8wUjKQmk]

23 October 2013

Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid

Att: 77,779

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 4 Real Madrid

Roman Zozulya 62

Anthony Annan s/o 88

The bright lights of Madrid and flamenco music serenaded us as we pulled into the away car park of the legendary Santiago Bernabeu. Having just played a tough game against Dynamo Kyiv, having another tough game against Metalurg Donetsk on the weekend and having very little chance in this game, I basically played the rotation squad. This to make sure that we had fresh players for the weekend.

The game kicked off and it took 7 minutes for Luka Modric's Scum tendancies to rear their head, as he dived over a tackle to win a penalty. However, justice was served as no card and Madrid missed the penalty. However, Madrid took the lead on 19 mins and never looked back.

They added a second and third just before HT, but I was satisfied with our performance and told them so. And we fought back with Roman Zozulya netting a shot from a tight angle after the Madrid keeper saved a shot from Konoplyanka. But on 79 minutes, they scored again and that was it apart from Anthony Annan's dismissal for a second yellow on 88 mins.

------------------

[video=youtube_share;mU8dH9YdxM0]

Archived