• Last Reply

08 July 2014

Inter Super Cup of Ukraine

Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv

Att: 40,236

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv

Vincent Aboubakar 18, 38, 72

Keisuke Honda 49

A breezy, but mild night in Kharkiv saw us take to the pitch for our first consecutive Inter Super Cup of Ukraine.

Our team included 4 new signings, including two player who were in Dynamo's colours last season. GK Maxyim Koval and DM/MC/AMC Denys Garmash. Both players were snapped up on a free, along with ex-CSKA Moscow midfielder Keisuke Honda and former Valenciennes FC striker Vincent Aboubakar. Other than that, we took the field with our usual side.

It took until the 18th minute to open the scoring. A mazy run by Dzagoev down the right saw him slide a ball through into the area. As the keeper came out to clear, his panicked clearance hit the on-rushing Vincent Aboubakar and rolled into the net. A fluke, but they all count! Twenty minutes later, an almost carbon-copy move saw the pass a little less weighted and Vincent Aboubakar took a touch, then fired past the keeper for his second of the match!

HT came and I told the boys that I was very proud of them and sent them back out. And barely 4 mins into the second half, we trebled the lead. A long raking ball from deep into the area was badly dealt with and although Aboubakar's shot was brilliantly saved, Keisuke Honda was on hand to tap the ball home. 3-0. We then started to sit back and let Dynamo into the game more.

A smart shot from the Kyiv striker pulled it back to 3-1 on 60 mins and we were starting to let errors and nerves creep in. However they, and the game, were settled on 72 mins as that deadly 1-2 punch of a Dzagoev through ball to Vincent Aboubakar saw him complete his hat-trick and make it 4-1. That was it from the rest of the game and we came away retaining the trophy with ease!

-----------------------------------

Just caught up on this, you've done really well to pick up so many trophies so early, well done! You'll be pushing for the Champions League before you know it...

Out of interest, what was your rep when you started the game? I'm just intrigued...

Just caught up on this, you've done really well to pick up so many trophies so early, well done! You'll be pushing for the Champions League before you know it...

Out of interest, what was your rep when you started the game? I'm just intrigued...

Professional. Had to go that high in order for the players to listen to me.

Archived