FM13: Juventus FC - The Third Star

stgahoy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the employer contribution rate for pensions is mistakenly set at 40 something percent for Italy instead of the 23 percent it should be. Which means everyone is leaking money and team finances go down the toilet over the long term. I found by season 3, every other team barely had any cash to spend and were just stagnating

AFAIK you have to jump into the editor and manually fix it, which isn't save compatible

Well the employer contribution rate for pensions is mistakenly set at 40 something percent for Italy instead of the 23 percent it should be. Which means everyone is leaking money and team finances go down the toilet over the long term. I found by season 3, every other team barely had any cash to spend and were just stagnating

AFAIK you have to jump into the editor and manually fix it, which isn't save compatible

Where can I find this in editor ?

Started my new game with Juve, went a little crazy with the transfers but whatever.

Ins:

- Edinson Cavani - £39M (£30M over 48 months)

- Emre Can - £13.5M (£10M over 48months) - 5* prospect wanted to try him out even though the price was nice.

- Stevan Jovetic - £4.6M - co ownership - but he's at Fiorentina

- Marco Verratti - £0 loan

Outs:

- Fabio Quagliarella - loaned out - 50% wages + £120k monthly payments.

You guys really seem to like Verratti. I totally ignore him since he rejected us this summer. :) Also found out that Pogba is doing a fine job at the DMC - Deep Lying Playmaker spot and since I have Onazi (who is nowhere near Verratti or Pogba but still) I think that there is no need for more players in the-Pirlo-spot.

stgahoy, hope your well, long time no see. Great OP. :cool: I assume you have a future fee option on Marco Verratti?

Hehe, I see u changed your nickname, still playing? Or just passing by ?

I dont have a future fee on Verratti, they wanted a fee of £20M so I didnt want such a deal.

Just started a game with Juve-

I play 4-4-2 usually but with the personnel I have it might be hard to do so in the first season. Sold Vucinic for 23 million pounds, Barzagli for 7 million and open to selling Matri, Quaglierella, Pepe etc.

The purchases so far have been-

Ba for 7 million

Astori for 10.5 million (Toss up between him and Badstuber for 14.5 million and even though I had agreements for both I cancelled the deal with the German as his wages were more than double of Astori and honestly the Italian seems to have the better stats)

Jovetic co-ownership for 4.8 million but he will stay in florence for one year.

My marquee signing however is Mario Gotze who I snapped up for 29 million.

Planning to play

GK

RB-CB-CB-LB

Two ball winners and one creative that is either Gotze or Pirlo. Deep CM for Pirlo and Advanced for Gotze.

Where I have to grind out results I will consider adding Asamoah along with Vidal and Marchisio

-----ST------

With a month in the window left I plan to buy a left back and maybe a few youths.

I definitely plan to sell Quaglierella and Matri later within the year if not now and add Llorente next season.

Also keeping tabs on Bochetti (free) and Gareth Bale (Next marquee signing for 2013)

Meanwhile, during my 1st season in Juventus, Buffon gets injured for 5 months and decides that he wants to retire. Tried to change his mind but it was hopeless. This kinda demoralized me :/

I completely forgot that I'll have to play with Rubinho for the last 2 months of the season, all i think is that 'The' Goalkeeper, Mr Gianluigi Buffon, won't be in my squad next season ...

By the end of the season i'll try to post something about it went overall.

Cheers!

PS: Any recommendation for the GK position?

just starting 4th season. Been playing with a back 3 up until Febuary of 3rd season. 3rd season i was getting results but playing poorly. Maybe the AI figured out how i was playing. Felt i was getting away with it as the italian league is of a pretty poor standard at the moment, but if i was to defend my European crown i needed to make a change. After looking at my team i opted for 433/451. Was a bit worried about using a back 4 as the 3 man defense was so water tight. But there was no worries needed the change worked great. Won all the competitions i entered and was playing very good football. For the first time ever on FM i played with an Adv playmaker (supp) in the AML position. Anyone else use a playmaker there?

End of first season i invested in a bunch of youngsters with 4 to 5 star ratings. They are all now just starting to show their potential with only one of the 4/5 stars yellow, all very promising.

The 433/451 formation im using is as follows:

sw gk(d) - ter stegan

dr(s) - Isla

dl(s) - De Ceglie (very underrated)

dc's(d) - Bonucci and Chiellini

dmc(d) - Marrone

mc(auto) - Marchisio

mc(a) - Vidal (a big hit here)

amr(inf,s) - Isco (new signing, pressured to buy big name)

aml(adv p,s) - Gotze/Giovinco

st (dlf,s) - Falco

very fluid with a control strategy. Shorter passing with high closing down, more aggressive tackling and more roaming. Everything else default. No player changes apart for defender collecting from gk and all long shots reduced to rarely. No signed playmaker or target man.

What i am starting to worry about is that 5 of my 1st team are out of contact in a year and all want massive wages, Falco 245k for example. This could be down to coming off a very successful season. I rejected all their agents offers. Was wondering if i should wait till late November before offering again as they might go for less. Don't want to offer to many times and reject them as their agents will start to dislike me and then i will be in a pickle as they will not negotiate me.

Do Juventus ever get their stadium increased? In the boardroom its always grayed out. I have 200m in bank so money is not a problem. Have you guys got it higher? And feeder clubs, the board can never find me one, really frustrating this one.

italian tax bug was not fixed. SI don't care...
it have been fixed, but the fix will not come into action until SI chose to put out the next db...whenever that will be....in the mean time there's a quick fix linked to in the italian db thread or you can just sort it yourself in the editor

Haha, I've tried to bring Sneijder after Inter got relegated for £6.5M but they were constantly rejecting my bids even tho it was his asking price and I was bidding more than the other teams but this is due to the rivalry. Sneijder would have been a great signing.

Well, this last week has been completely exhausting due to school issues but i managed to end the first season.

(wanted to post some images to show you the final table and transfers but it seems i don't have permission)

Took 1st place with a 13 point difference.

In Champions League i got knocked out on the semi-finals by Man.Utd thanks to the wonderful goalkeeper called Rubinho... Costed me a place in the final!

Transfers in:

Jovetic - 21M

Demba Ba - 7M

Gotze - 35M

Cavani - 34M (january transfer window)

Rugani - 1.8M (that kid from the U-18)

Major transfer out:

Storari - 2M

Padoin - 2.5 (co-proposal)

Giaccherini - 7.75M

Vucinic - 15M (january)

Starting now my 13-14 pre-season. I think i'll get loads of money so ladies hide your star footballers, i'm coming for them! :D

I'll try to say a few more things about this last season but first i need to do the transfer period :p

would highly reccomend new starters to keep on Gabbiadini (co owned with atalanta, loaned to bolonga if i remember correctly)

within 4 seasons in my atalata save he has developed into a 20mil player, top league goal scorer and european golden boot 2 years running.

cost me 500k to get him back from the co-ownership deal end of season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first season with Juventus. Was domestically dominant winning Serie A undefeated by 20 points, Italian Cup and Super Cup.

However, in Champions League I was knocked out by Man City in quarter final and also humbled by Bayern Munich in the group stages.

Formation

4-1-1-3-1

GK-DR-DC-DC-DL-DMRC-MLC-AMR-AMC-AML-ST

Transfers:

In

Demba Ba - 7m

Fellaini - 24m (Jan)

Falcao - 29m (Jan)

Out

Released Iaquinta due to wages

Some loans but no major exits.

Stand out players

Sebastian Giovinco - Appearances 35(5) Goals 13 Assists 25 Avg .Rating 7.74

Starting playing him at AML but quickly moved him to AMC and he ran the show most games providing a ridiculous amount of assists and popping up with some crucial last minute goals.

Leonardo Bonucci - Appearances 46(2) Goals 10 Assists 4 Avg. Rating 7.71

Dominant at the back all season, popped up with numerous goals from set pieces as well.

Falcao - Appearances 22(3) Goals 15 Assists 2 Avg. Rating 7.57

Brought in during January due to lack of quality options and Ba also went to African Nations. Played well considering I use lone striker in a Target Man Support role. Definitely need to adapt my tactics so he can flourish more.

Arturo Vidal - Appearances 31(3) Goals 2 Assists 2 Avg. Rating 7.56

Protected the back four all season always popping up with crucial tackles and interceptions. Only downside is his disciplinary record 22 yellows 1 red.

Alessandro Matri - Appearances 39(5) Goals 15 Assists 15 Avg. Rating 7.48

Played him at AMR all season, provided plenty of assists and despite playing as a winger cut in many times on his left foot and smashed the goals in.

Hoping to sign a left back and adjust my tactics to utilize striker more.

Also Vucinic was terrible for me, couldn't get him playing in any position. Has he been performing for you?

Started my new game with Juve, went a little crazy with the transfers but whatever.

Ins:

- Edinson Cavani - £39M (£30M over 48 months)

- Emre Can - £13.5M (£10M over 48months) - 5* prospect wanted to try him out even though the price was nice.

- Stevan Jovetic - £4.6M - co ownership - but he's at Fiorentina

- Marco Verratti - £0 loan

Outs:

- Fabio Quagliarella - loaned out - 50% wages + £120k monthly payments.

What's the point of bringing in Verratti on loan? Juve are stacked in the midfield and bringing in a loan player will just take away game time from guys already at the club. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

Depends on how good you are at rotation. Not to mention some players can be retrained, Asamoah is perfect for WBL and Marrone is a fine utility player since he can play DMC and DC with training. If you're playing with 2 MCs like I do, it's not a huge drama to rotate 5 or even 6 MCs if you make use of setting up reserve friendlies to give fringe players game time and match fitness. Plus loaning young players might get them to like you or the club which makes signing them easier, and if you can get an agreed price in the deal you might be able to get the player for a price well below their potential if you're lucky.

Getting into the habit of good rotation is a good strategy, I usually run with a first team squad of around 28 and with using the reserves team and rotating, I do just fine. Hell it helps when you've got into the later stages of cup and continental competition to be able to rest the big stars.

Started juve save.... Made several staff changes...

Players in:

Iker Mounain (sp?) Demba Ba, Kouwne (sp?), Immobile, Puloso and a couple other youngsters.

Players out:

Quagliarella (loan with option), Matri, Pepe, Giach... think I sold another player but can't think of him off of the top of my head.

I can't seem to score a lot on the tactics I have created. I am undefeated in my three matches so far, but in each one I am dominating possession and shots but I'm not able to break through until the last 10-15 mins. (Iker got injured on international duty and is out for 4 months)

I could really use some suggestions on how to set up my tactics. Here is what I tend to use:

Vucinic - Ba

Giovinco

Marchisio - Vidal

Pirlo

Puloso (wb) Chiellini - Barza - Bonnucci - Lichtsteiner (wb)

Buffon

I use shorter passing, rather high d-line... zonal marking... pretty much everything else is default. Any tips on how to tinker with the team instructions would be appreciated.

I also have another formation which is a straight 4-3-3 with 3 strikers btu I haven't used that one too much.

What's the point of bringing in Verratti on loan? Juve are stacked in the midfield and bringing in a loan player will just take away game time from guys already at the club. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

I'm using a 3 MCs so Verratti was needed, as in the first season I had Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal in the midfield, and on the bench for MC Marrone, Padoin, Pogba I dont really rate Padoin so I went for Verratti.

Vucinic - Ba

Giovinco

Marchisio - Vidal

Pirlo

Puloso (wb) Chiellini - Barza - Bonnucci - Lichtsteiner (wb)

Buffon

You would win every game with this tactic, because of the bonus 12th man.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a new Juve campaign with winter transfers. So Llorente joining for free in the summer.

Transfers In:

- Isco - £17.5M from Malaga - Activated his realese clausule want to try him, and make him my key man on this save. 5* potential so looking forward to him.

- Carles Planas -£250k - Needed backup for WBL after selling De Ceglie and Contento being injured. I guess he can do the job as backup, also was transfer listed and cheap, and some space to develop.

- Diego Contento - loan - loaned him out but he got injured for 5 months so I terminated the deal a week after it was done.

Transfers Out:

- Mirko Vucinic - £25M (£7.5M straight and the rest over 48 months) to Chelsea. Tottenham offered me £25M straight :o but Mirko chose Chelsea, and I wont complain, as wasnt in need of money.

- Paulo De Ceglie - £4.1M to Lazio - even though he's ok on FM, I cant stand him his lack of abilities in RL is killing me.

Hey can anyone help making the decision, Bayern is interested in Bonucci, and offered a massive £28M straight money, I propably could up it to £30M. I was thinking about buying Javi Martinez off them and play him as the right CB in my 3 man backline. What do you think ?

Tell them where to stick it, I'd rather have Bonucci than what is effectively a retrained DM at the back. If you do want to take the money, I'd say Dede is a better like for like replacement. Maybe Yanga Mbiwa if he hasn't gone to Newcastle with your database, but he wouldn't be the same quality now. Bocchetti maybe, but he's 2 years older than Bonucci.

Interesting you paid 6m for a co-own, I got Poli outright for 7m

Sampdoria didnt want to let Poli go cheap.... Still made the deal with Bonucci being replaced by Javi Martinez. I prefer mental strong players, and Javi has great mental stats, also I dont like Bonucci in real world, so it wasnt hard to sell him.

• 3 weeks later...

Come on Serie A, this is getting silly. Just won 4th Scudetto running and broke Inter's 2006/07 points record of 97 and triple figures getting 105 points for the season. Also secured a 4th running cup win and my second CL title with a 2-0 victory over Man City.

xiBxGuq.png

Leandro Damiao justified his 34.5m fee by proving a more than adequate replacement for Matri with 32 goals and 14 assists in 37 matches. Sebastian Corchia on a free transfer was a revelation with 15 assists all up. Gotta love that 18 crossing stat.

Q10ebol.png

You don't even want to see my reserves/under 20s...

At this point I'm set for a while now and the only potential purchases I'm thinking are De Sciglio from Milan to replace Isla towards the end of his contract and maybe this Brazilian/Spanish AMC at Espanyol with great looking potential and the amazing in-game name of "Ninja"

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice work! I signed Verratti last night in January for £17.5m, but now I have Vidal and Marrone for the BWM role, and Marchisio, Pogba and Verratti for the DLP role, so not sure what to do there. Going to move Pirlo on ASAP.

Also signed Jose Enrique for £8m who was transfer listed at Liverpool, and sold Asamoah for £10m to PSG.

Giovinco has been absolutely outstanding for me, El Shaarawy started very well but his form has dipped. Isco is very tempting but currently have Wellington Nem as backup for Giovinco.

Asamoah 10 mil??? that's the worst deal ever m8.

around how much do you guys think it's enough to bid for Asamoah when it comes to deciding the co-ownership? I'm trying to buy him before that date but they want 20+ mil for him and I'm not willing to pay them.

Safest bet is usually 50% plus one - e.g. 16m value, bid 8.25m. It might be well above their offer, but I prefer to be safe about it.

Ye I do too. That's why in the prevoius patch I spent around 20 mil. to bring him. But then again on the previos patch I was not planing a long term save and was not worried by the financial situation. Anyways will keep posted when there is a deal done!

Before the patch in my Juve save they only bid around 100k for Asamoah. Probably were in financial trouble.

Lol, 100k is a steal! Good work!

I'm intending to put a really small bid for him (Isla) when time comes because I have Gino Peruzzi (sp?) coming in the summer and he, if not as versatile as Isla, is more prespective than him.

Archived