Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

having not checked every post here am i right in understanding, that the only transfers you can make are from players your scouts recommend i.e getting a scout report on the player?? If this is the case i will struggle due to no one being intrested in signing!! lol

You only need to have the possibility of scouting them. So long as they are in your scouting range you have a free rein with the player search.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballycastle United

Season 2029/30 - Carling Premiership - 1st

bufclogotrans2.png

Overview

A good season with the title safely secured. Linfield always give us a good run however which keeps things fairly interesting. My team is now of a quality I am happy with, all my first choices are contracted for at least the next four seasons. The wages are high at around £9k p/w standard for each player. I need to start reaching the group stages on a regular basis or financially I will be in trouble.

The club have finally decided that a capacity of 500 in a stadium we don't own is insufficient and the 4,200 capacity Haines Stadium will be ready the 2031/32 season.

Carling Premiership

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/9426/2030leaguetable.jpg

Champions League

I felt a little aggrieved to draw Celtic in the third round qualifier but that's how these things go sometimes. In fairness we were probably the better team in the first leg but managed to end up losing to a late goal having missed a first half penalty.

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 1 - Santa Coloma (Andorra) 0-9 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 7-0 Santa Coloma (Andorra)

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 0-1 Celtic (Scotland)

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 2 - Celtic (Scotland) 1-1 Ballycastle United

Europa League

I figured I was on a hiding to nothing having drawn Liverpool in the Europa League playoff. We got a way with a two all draw in the home leg having trailed 2-0 in the first half. At Anfield we were 3-0 down after 26 minutes and looked doomed, at this stage I was contemplating resting key players with a vital league game against Linfield coming up. Perica Peric grabed one back before half time for us though and we actually managed to get a grip on the game in the second half and goals from Armenian international Zaven Poghosyan and young Northern Irish midfielder Joe Crawford put us back in the game. We managed to hold out till the final whistle and unexpectedly progressed on away goals.

Europa League Playoff - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 2-2 Liverpool (England)

Europa League Playoff - Leg 1 - Liverpool (England) 3-3a Ballycastle United

Europa League Group C - Rubin Kazan (Russia) 1-7 Ballycastle United

Europa League Group C - Ballycastle United 0-1 Hapoel Tel Aviv (Israel)

Europa League Group C - LOSC Lille (France) 1-1 Ballycastle United

Europa League Group C - Ballycastle United 4-2 LOSC Lille (France)

Europa League Group C - Ballycastle United 2-2 Rubin Kazan (Russia)

Europa League Group C - Hapoel Tel Aviv (Israel) 2-5 Ballycastle United

Europa League - 1st Knockout Rnd - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 2-2 CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Europa League - 1st Knockout Rnd - Leg 2 - CSKA Moscow (Russia) 2-1 Ballycastle United

Players

Simon Patterson - GK - The Northern Irish international keeper has been fantastic since joining from Man City in 2005. He is not first choice for Northern Ireland however, Leeds Uniteds keeper Danny Devine had the no. 1 spot but is now in his thirties. Twenty year old Tony Hill has just emerged at Liverpool and looks set to keep Patterson out indefinately.

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6549/2030patterson.jpg

Gary Cantwell - RB - Irish international with 25 caps.

http://imageshack.us/a/img841/3222/2030cantwell.jpg

Garrett Jackson - CB - Young Centre back who came through the youth system. Weak link in the defence and liable to be replaced.

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/1016/2030jackson.jpg

Brian Murphy - CB - Quality Irish Centre back. Asking for a lot of money to sign a new contract with his current one expiring next season. Not sure how far I will go to keep him.

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/5676/2030murphy.jpg

Diogo Augusto - LB - Brazilian full back signed from Cruzeiro in January. Has Bulgarian nationality having spent four years on Loan with Levski and one year with CSKA Sofia. Might well end up playing his international football in the balkans.

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/5849/2030augusto.jpg

Lee Magill - RW - One of two Irish wingers. Has been capped 26 times. Might loose his place next season

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/3312/2030magill.jpg

Joe Crawford - CM - 19 year old Northern Irish central midfielder progressing extremely well and is first choice for club and country. He picked up the NI young player of the season award.

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/176/2030crawford.jpg

Phillip Maguire - CM - Northern Irish central midfielder is probably my favourite player and has been in the team now for eight seasons.

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/6105/2030maguire.jpg

Bobby Clarke - LW - Irish left winger, averaged 8.02 scoring 19 goals last season. Deservedly won the Premiership player of the season.

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/204/2030clarke.jpg

Perica Peric - CF - Serbian striker scored 64 goals and still didn't get the player of the season. Despite this goal haul he will be third choice next season.

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/2471/2030peric.jpg

Stephan Soeroredjo - CF - Dutch international striker will be going to the World Cup in the summer. Signed in January from Ajax and still picked up third place in the player of the season awards.

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/9985/2030soeroredjo.jpg

Scottish striker Neil Harris has been signed from Celtic on a pre-contract for next season and significantly improves the quality of the team.

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/5714/2030harris.jpg

Other

Northern Ireland improved significantly this season, moving up to 31st place in Europa.

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/5792/2030europeancoeficients.jpg

been too long since i had my last (thoroughly enjoyable) attempt at this in Czech.

This time, since I am currently holidaying in Croatia, I thought Id holiday in Croatia............hoping for a team from Istria to come up :)

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2030/31 - Czech First Division

Domestic Double

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

This year has felt like the first season where we've been truly dominant domestically. We opened up a cushion in the league before Christmas, and held off a strong finish from Mlada Boleslav to retain our Gambrinus liga title, and for the first time in the club's history, we were able to clinch the league and cup double.

Pohar Cesky Posty results

Needed a big performance to overcome Banik Ostrava after a dismal first leg effort in the 4th round, but otherwise this was quite plain sailing, with a dominant 3-0 win in the final over Mlada Boleslav.

Champions League results

After last season's gallivanter to the semi final, this year was a more familiar tale. Performed strongly in the group stage, but fell once again at the 1st knockout round.

Squad stats

(YP08a) Stanislav Sacha is still our best talent, but had a much quieter European campaign this season. He finished the season in fantastic form though, with 15 goals in his last 10 games.

Two new youngsters have been making an impression on the first team this season:

(YP17e) Petr Kopic - Not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but pretty much the best left back we have.

(YP16b) Oldrich Fiala - Almost definitely a future Czech international, and hopefully the heart of our defence for years to come.

Youth candidates 2031

Two tags, but both in positions that we've got good players in.

Transfers

As predicted, a few more players have left, most notably former first-teamers Jan Lukas, Radek Lukac and Marek Kusy, all of whom had been with us since we were in 2. liga.

Board/Finances

Currently in the process of a board takeover, but only from a local businessman so I don't expect much to change. We seem to have reached our limit now in terms of improving facilities. I can't improve the stadium, facilities, youth recruitment network or junior coaching, so we have nothing to spend our money on.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |    6th    |     QF     |     -       |       Inc. JC      | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |    2nd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       | Promotion, inc. JC | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |   16th    |     QF     |     -       |  Avoided the sack! | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |    3rd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2017/18 | Second Division |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion     | Petr Bednar (24)
2018/19 |  First Division |    9th    |     SF     |     -       |      Survival!     | Petr Bednar (9)
2019/20 |  First Division |    4th    |     SF     |     -       |  Qualified for EL! | Petr Bednar (20)
2020/21 |  First Division |   *1st*   |   4th Rnd  |    EL 3Q    |  Czech Champions!  | Petr Bednar (25)
2021/22 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |  EL 1st KO  |   Retained title   | Petr Bednar (37)
2022/23 |  First Division |    2nd    |  Runner-up |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (30)
2023/24 |  First Division |    2nd    |  *Winners* |  CL 1st KO  |    New stadium!    | Petr Bednar (22)
2024/25 |  First Division |    2nd    |   Winners  |  EL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2025/26 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |    EL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (16)
2026/27 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2027/28 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (23)
2028/29 |  First Division |    2nd    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2029/30 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |    CL SF    | Won a CL KO match! | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (19)
2030/31 |  First Division |    1st    |   Winners  |  CL 1st KO  |  Domestic Double!  | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (24)

So after 6 league titles and two cup wins, we finally achieved both in the same season. Progress in Europe has stagnated a little, but I'm confident that our squad is still gradually getting stronger.

Two more things

1. The 'value' of all our players has just skyrocketed. Previously Stanislav Sacha was our highest valued at around £3.5m, but he's now jumped up to £11.75m, whilst we have another nine players over £5m. Not sure what's triggered this, perhaps an increase in our club's reputation?

2. Just received an offer of £13.5m from Man Utd for Sacha. Rejected.

And off I go in Croatia......

NK Neretva

NK_Neretva_Metkovi%C4%87.png

NK Neretva are my club of choice. A small provincial club, and according to wiki they are known for their fans being some of the only ones in the world who regularly cheer against the team (clearly the author of that article has never been to firhill.........).

With a tiny squad, and no staff, could be interesting......

Manager Profile

Our notable ex players include Dario Srjna and Igor Stimac as well as Nikica Jelavic. Hopefully we can unearth some more diamonds!

average youth recruitment, with average junior coaching to begin. For this level that is pretty decent. Hopefully get some good youths through to supliment signings.........

Good luck in Holland, Lenzar!

Just rejected a £22m offer from Man Utd for Sacha. Not going anywhere. Delighted to see that he didn't complain about not being allowed to talk to them too.

Started the season well, unbeaten so far in the league and Sacha's just hit a hattrick past Shakhtar Donetsk in our first CL game. He's also closing in rapidly on Jan Koller's all-time Czech international goals record.

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2031/32 - Czech First Division

Making waves

Sacrificed our hopes in the cup fielding a weaker side, but that allowed us to concentrate on the two other fronts. In the league, after drawing our first two games, we went on a run and couldn't be stopped. Just two defeats over the season, and a comfortable cushion back to Sparta Prague in 2nd.

Champions League results

For the 3rd year in a row we drew Man City in the group stage. We started well, beating Shakhtar and Red Star, but then lost the next three to Man City, twice, and Shakhtar. That left us needing a favour from Man City in the final match. We comfortably beat Red Star and City defeated Shakhtar to see us through to the knockout stages.

First up was Inter Milan, managed by Dusan Uhrin who managed Mlada Boleslav to five league titles between 2018 and 2025. A 1-0 home win set us up perfectly for the 2nd leg, where we went to the San Siro and triumped 2-1 on the night.

Looking at the teams left in the draw, I was hoping for either Atletico Madrid or Schalke in the quarter-final, and we got lucky drawing the former. A 0-0 draw away meant a home win would see us through, and it looked we were sailing through after two early Sacha goals. But a red card for 17-year-old Matej Hanzlik threw a spanner in the works, making for a very nervy 2nd half. Atletico pulled one back but not a second, sending us through to our second Champions League semi-final.

In the semi, we faced Man City, who had already beaten us 2-0 and 1-0 in the group stage. We put up more of a fight, drawing the first leg 1-1 at home, but still lost out going down 1-0 in Manchester.

City went on to defeat United in the final.

Squad stats

(YP08a) Stanislav Sacha continues to tear up defences for both club and country, even being named in the FIFA World XI of the year. He should break Jan Koller's Czech goal record at the upcoming Euro Championships.

Again, I'll also pick out here two youngsters who have started pushing their way into the first XI:

Matej Hanzlik - Spent the first half of the season at Sigma Olomouc on loan, but over the 2nd half of the season found himself in the team. Huge promise, possible future club captain in the making.

(YP15a) Radek Vojtisek - Jumped above Fiala in the pecking order at centre-half, and has partnered Hanus for most of the season. Recently capped.

Youth candidates 2032

Not the best intake we've had, but still two tags handed out

Transfers

Lots of loans sent out.

Board/Finances

The new board haven't brought about any changes, and we still can't improve our youth recruitment. Upgrading youth facilities though as they are no longer top class.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |    6th    |     QF     |     -       |       Inc. JC      | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |    2nd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       | Promotion, inc. JC | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |   16th    |     QF     |     -       |  Avoided the sack! | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |    3rd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2017/18 | Second Division |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion     | Petr Bednar (24)
2018/19 |  First Division |    9th    |     SF     |     -       |      Survival!     | Petr Bednar (9)
2019/20 |  First Division |    4th    |     SF     |     -       |  Qualified for EL! | Petr Bednar (20)
2020/21 |  First Division |   *1st*   |   4th Rnd  |    EL 3Q    |  Czech Champions!  | Petr Bednar (25)
2021/22 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |  EL 1st KO  |   Retained title   | Petr Bednar (37)
2022/23 |  First Division |    2nd    |  Runner-up |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (30)
2023/24 |  First Division |    2nd    |  *Winners* |  CL 1st KO  |    New stadium!    | Petr Bednar (22)
2024/25 |  First Division |    2nd    |   Winners  |  EL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2025/26 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |    EL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (16)
2026/27 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2027/28 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (23)
2028/29 |  First Division |    2nd    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2029/30 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |    CL SF    | Won a CL KO match! | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (19)
2030/31 |  First Division |    1st    |   Winners  |  CL 1st KO  |  Domestic Double!  | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (24)
2031/32 |  First Division |    1st    |   3rd Rnd  |    CL SF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (26)

The victory over Inter Milan was very satisfying, it felt like the first time we really matched and at times outplayed one of the big sides in Europe. We're still a little shy of really testing the top sides, but it's encouraging.

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2032/33 - Czech First Division

Nail-biting

I'm a big fan of the old adage that a team is only as strong as its weakest link. With our only competent left-back Petr Kopic tearing his hamstring in pre-season, and subsequently missing almost the entire first half of the season, we struggled for form domestically and found ourselves in fourth at Christmas, adrift of Sparta Prague and Mlada Boleslav. Kopic's return to fitness coincided with a marked improvement and with two games of the season to play, we found ourselves four points behind Sparta, with slim hopes of the title still alive.

Fortunately for us, Sparta's two remaining games were Mlada away, where they got hammered 4-0, and ourselves at home on the final day. We won our penultimate match, meaning a win away at the Generali Arena would clinch the title (A defeat would hand the title to Sparta, a draw would give Mlada Boleslav a glimmer of hope of sneaking above both us and Sparta if they won big).

As had been the case for most of this season, the difference between the two sides was one Stanislav Sacha. A goal and an assist gave us a 2-0 cushion at half-time, and we successfully stifled Sparta in the second-half to retain the Gambrinus Liga title.

Sparta Prague 0 - 2 Trinec

As a further kick in the teeth for Sparta, Mlada won to send Sparta into 3rd place, meaning they miss out on Champions League football next season.

Pohár České pošty results

Just one goal conceded as we secured our second domestic double.

Champions League results

After topping a tricky group ahead of Real Madrid, this season's knock-out rounds were weirdly similar to last year. We again took on Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid, defeating both to set up a semi-final with, once again, Man City. Just like last year, they were too strong for us (not going to lie, it was barely a contest), and they successfully defended their title in the final.

Still, back-to-back semi-finals can't be anything other than good, and our euro coefficient is edging us closer to being a top seed for the group stage.

Squad stats

(YP08a) Stanislav Sacha was again named in the FIFA World XI, and scored 44 goals in 44 games.

Our starting XI was largely unchanged from last year, but our youngsters continue to impress, taking a clean sweep of the Gambrinus Liga Young Player awards.

Youth candidates 2033

Just one tag, but he could be something special - "could be one of the best of his generation", apparently. Will need to be remoulded as an AMR.

Transfers

Made heavy use of our two 2.Liga feeder clubs this season.

Board/Finances

Frustratingly, still can't improve our youth recruitment. It's stuck on average, and despite us having a higher reputation than other teams in the league that have better youth recruitment, we can't improve it. Bug? Don't know. I'm not complaining too much though, I've been pretty fortunate so far with youth intakes.

2031/32 |  First Division |    1st    |   3rd Rnd  |    CL SF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (26)
2032/33 |  First Division |    1st    |   Winners  |    CL SF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (27)

An exhausting season, with A LOT of games post-christmas that really stretched the squad. But at the end of it all, a hugely successful campaign competing on three fronts. Maybe if we avoid Man City next year, we could go one step further?

As this completes my 20th season as Trinec manager, I may follow this with a review of some of the key moments and players in Trinec's history, and have a look at our supposed all-time best XI.

Kalamata.jpg

Figured I'd rather do this in a league where I would (considering my marvelous lack of both skill and determination) actually have a nonzero chance of completing the challenge. Greece is one of the higher rep leagues, and squads in the Superleague allow five non-EU players which isn't too Golden Dawny.

I was drawn to PS Kalamata due to the fact that they have the same name as a popular olive. Further investigation showed me their marvelous average youth recruitment, which was much higher than that of any of the other promoted teams. The real-life Kalamata have something of a checkered past, having been propped up into the Superleague in the 1990s by a benevolent businessman. They were ahead of their time, having developed a sophisticated scouting (or agent bunging) mechanism that allowed them to bring Africans to the Superleague as early as 1995. Fulham midfielder Derek Boateng is the most famous name from Kalamata's African initiative.

What is more famous than what came in is what the club turned down in their glory days; for reasons unknown to everyone besides the management of the club at the time, both Ronaldo and Juninho were turned down at a young age by the Greek club. This was a bad decision which perhaps shaped Kalamata's destiny, as the club spent the next decade unable to escape the B National before being relegated two divisions in one year for financial irregularities.

Hopefully, under the expert tutelage of the club's new American manager, Kalamata will no longer be a story of "what could have been." It will be a story of "what can be." And while as a Sunderland supporter it is a bit of a shock to him having to manage a club that dresses in black and white, at least Kalamata have an interesting story.

Wing-forward Kostas Iliopoulos is realistically nothing special with the ball at his feet, but he's a good athlete and a fighter who will certainly be around the manager's first team setup. He and steady central midfielder Agisilaos Pasas are the two best players from the promotion-winning side. The boardroom, apparently forgetting what "being relegated two divisions for financial irregularities" even means, has vowed to add £14000 of maneuvering room to the club's current £7000 weekly wage budget, so there will surely be new faces.

16-year-old central midfielder Dimitris Bousekas is touted by all the staff at Kalamata as a player with the potential to go straight to the top of Greek football. The staff themselves are nowhere near the top of Greek football for a reason, but the young Bousekas still is a promising all-around central midfielder with pace, a good shot, and no glaring weaknesses. Simply keeping hold of him might be a problem in the medium-term, but his development will be a central theme of the upcoming season in the B National. He will need games - he should already be good enough to not let the team down - and with his low determination and balanced personality he will need a tutor.

Kalamata.jpg

Introduction | 2012-13

Greek National B Division | 9th place | 55 points

After flirting with the relegation places as late as January, the Peloponnesian side went on a torrid run of form to close out the season, winning eight of its last eleven games. It was a strange year for the players and spectators of Kalamata; a year where players brought in with great fanfare and expectations failed to achieve much of consequence, and a year where unheralded men were able to start to make themselves local heroes.

Between injuries and suspensions (at one point he had racked up three red cards in nine games), club captain and highest earner Dimitrios Grammozis was hardly able to stay on the pitch. He ended up playing his best football of the season at right back when the club's first choice went down with injury. Management has already said that if Grammozis is to stay on for next season, it will be at that right back position on a less generous wage packet.

Promising Bayern youth reject Julien Mbemba joined the team mid-season and helped make up for Grammozis's poor season along with the likes of youth product Bousekas and the solid Pasas.

Sotiris Kourakos was the best player to join the under 20s. He will not be national team material, but his versatility and his good attitude might at least give him a chance with his local team.

Centerback Alpha Ba, playmaker Mahmood Al-Ajaimi and league-leading goalscorer Wassim Zein are the real story of Kalamata's season.

The giant Ba had the second highest match rating in the entire B National. Unfortunately, next to him was a rotating wheel of disappointing and sometimes incompetent partners, as the team conceded an almost hilarious number of penalties. If the quality of set pieces improves Ba will surely be able to notch a few next season, and the club is searching for a dead ball specialist in the transfer window.

At one point, the Bahraini Al-Ajaimi was deemed not good enough to play domestic football in Albania, which was shocking considering the consistent and cultured level of play that he brought to Kalamata. Two-footed, sleek and selfless, Al-Ajaimi racked up eight goals, ten assists, and a number of wonderful performances for the hometown fans to remember him by. A return to the Bahraini national team must surely be in his future.

The chief benificiary of the talismanic Bahraini led the league in goals at the young age of eighteen. Critics would argue that Wassim Zein has absolutely nothing to offer a team past running and finishing, but his pace and his ability to put the ball in the back of the net proved too much for many a National B defense.

have tried to post a screenshot but it doesn't work so here's how the 1st season went, board asked to avoid relegation and did so with plenty to spare, media prediction was 17th and finished 10th. Played 34 Won 14 Drew 6 Lost 14 Scored 49 Conceded 44, Top scorer was Wanderson scoring 18 goals, not a bad start considering i didn't make a single signing, will see what happens with the coming season!!

default.jpg

NK Třinec - 20th Anniversary Review Special

Iron and Steel celebrate China Anniversary under boss

Trophy Cabinet

Gambrinus Liga: 2021, 2022, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033

Pohár České pošty: 2024, 2025, 2031, 2033

Český Superpohár: 2021, 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030, 2031, 2032

2. Liga: 2018

Team Records

Biggest win: 8-0 (vs. Hlucin (A), Pohár České pošty Third Round, 2023)

Biggest defeat: 6-2 (vs. Sparta Prague (A), Gambrinus Liga, 2020)

Highest attendance: 32,658 (vs. Man City (H), Champions League 1st Knockout Round, 2027)

Lowest attendance: 794 (vs. Zlin (H), Pohár České pošty Third Round, 2014)

Player Records (where the record is held by a non-youth product player, the highest youth product record is also shown in italics)

Most Goals in a season: 57 - Petr Bednar (2021/22) / 44 - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha (2032/33)

Most League Goals in a season: 37 - Petr Bednar (2021/22) / 27 - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha (2032/33)

Most assist in a season: 21 - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha (2028/29)

Highest average rating: 7.99 (51 apps) - Petr Bednar (2021/22) / 7.89 (41 apps) - (YP06f) Martin Hanus (2026/2027)

Most League Apps for Club: 413 - Petr Bednar / 355 - Radomir Slama

Most League Goals for Club: 301 - Petr Bednar / 190 - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha

Most International Caps: 73* - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha

Most International Goals: 63 - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha

*Record for caps earnt whilst at the club. Youth product (YP01d) Michal Dvorak, who left the club before making his international debut, has 77 caps for, bizarrely, Qatar.

Youth products stats

Tags handed out: 63

Tagged players still at club: 25

Highest valued: £11m - (YP08a) Stanislav Sacha

Number of internationals: 15

Youngest international: 17 years 361 days - Matej Hanzlik (vs. Mexico (H), 11/08/2032)

Biggest sale: £1.3m - (YP02c) Vaclac Hrdlicka to Slovan Liberec, 2019

Facilities

Stadium: 32658 all-seater Lipcak Park (upgraded from the 2200-capacity Stadion Rudolfa Labaje)

Training facilities: Top (upgraded from adequate)

Youth facilities: Top (upgraded from adequate)

Corporate facilities: Good (up from fairly basic)

Junior coaching: Exceptional (up from average)

Youth recruitment: Average (no change :( )

So twenty years, two promotions, one relegation, 9 league titles, 8 stadium improvements and three Champions League semi-finals later, here we are. And onwards we go! If anyone would like any more info in particular, any screenshots or any other questions, feel free to ask.

Can someone explain to me what those abbreviations mean? Like YP01d or YP08a. Am I correct to assume that YP most probably means Youth Product or Youth Player (i.e. regen/newgen) and 01 and 08 etc are the years? (which is strange while the game starts in 2011 (FM12) or 2012 (FM13)) and what is that a or d? Attack and defense? Or is that like a star rating?

For me anyway (I think some people do it differently):

YP means, as you said, youth product.

The number indicates which intake the player was from, so YP01 would be from the intake in my first season, YP20 from my latest intake in the 20th season. (so add 13 years to each one and you'll have the year..)

The letter is then just to distinguish between different players from the same intake, with the 'best' prospect getting 'a', the next 'b', and so on depending on how many players I decide to 'tag'.

• 3 weeks later...

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2033/34 - Czech First Division

Five in a row

League Table

We had a much more comfortable time of it in the league this season, stretching out a good lead by the winter break, and holding onto it to win the title with a couple of games to spare.

Our cup run, for which we were largely using a second-string side, ended in the semi-final against Viktoria Plzen.

Champions League results

The post a couple above this one shows we made it through to the knock-out stages again, but having smashed Juventus at home, we came up against an Arsenal side that we couldn't contain. A 4-3 defeat at home in the first leg proved too much, despite a battling 1-1 draw at the Emirates. After two semi-finals, this is technically a step backwards, but I feel we put up more of a fight against a big side that we had in previous years.

Squad notes

Missed the screenshot for the squad stats, but things were largely the same as the previous season. Sacha smashed his way to 48 goals (35 in the league) but an injury towards the end of the campaign prevented him from breaking Petr Bednar's record (and also meant he missed the World Cup, which Czech Republic bombed out of).

Transfers

A club record sale of £2.5m with Jan Skala leaving for a lucrative deal in Saudi Arabia.

2032/33 |  First Division |    1st    |   Winners  |    CL SF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (27)
2033/34 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |    CL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (35)

Just got back into this save after taking a break to try a pentagon challenge and an AS Monaco save. Working on a tactic now inspired by SFraser which basically gives the front 6 players max creative freedom, roaming on, and mixed everything else, so it's pretty much left up to the players and they do what they want. Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

LAFC-Lucenec.png

FK LAFC Lucenec - Slovakian Second Division - 2013/2014

League Table

League Positions Graph

At the start of the year we found it very tough. We won our first game and then picked up a few draws here and there but we lost a lot and looked like we may have been getting relegated at the first time of asking. In the end we managed to turn the results around and became one of the form teams in the second half of the season, if we played the way we did in the second half all season long, we really could have had a chance of going up

Cups - won one round lost the second against a first division team. The annoying thing is that a team we beat twice in our league went onto win the cup.

Intake - Not the best only one player comes in, the left back will get a look at the first team next year.

Squad - plenty of faces in the squad now, I will be looking to improve the quality in the summer

Transfers - one player left us at the start of my tenure but this season was all about getting depth into the squad.

Finances - As shocking as they usually are.

Season Stars:

Mario Krizan - centre back who was here on loan, I have tried to keep him for next year but he has so far refused, he will be really tough to replace.

Jan Hozl - a midfield dynamo, he makes my team tick and is a very good penalty taker.

Robert Szegedi- a very versatile squad member that really helped across all of the midfield. He is one of the most talented players in my squad.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/2014 Slovakian Second Division    6th    Stayed Up

Next Season

Fantastic to have stayed up reasonably comfortably this year, I will be looking to achieve a similar position next year.

LAFC-Lucenec.png

FK LAFC Lucenec - Slovakian Second Division - 2014/2015

League Table

League Positions Graph

We did fantastic this year we began well and never really dropped our form. We were superb we were always in contention for the promotion place and I was thrilled to finally seal the title only two years into the challenge. We were really strong all year and never took any beatings although we did hand a few out

Cups - not good enough going out to a very poor side

Intake - better as a winger and defender come into the youth squad.

Squad - squad was nice and new now, it has got a lot stronger aswell

Transfers - lots of ins and outs over the season just really to strengthen the squad, which it did.

Finances - Rubbish

Season Stars:

Patrick Simko - came into replace my star centre half of last year and did a fantastic job.

Peter Nilas - a player who excelled at the back and in the middle of the park.

Juraja Kuba- a decent striker at this level, scored enough goals to put us at the top of the league.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/2014 Slovakian Second Division    6th    Stayed Up
2014/2015 Slovakian Second Division    1st    Promoted

Next Season

I have just really got to stay in the league relegation will do us no good

default.jpg

NK Trinec - Season Review - 2034/35 - Czech First Division

When in Rome...

The league campaign was much like last season, we opened up a good lead early on, which meant we were able to rotate the squad and rest players in the busy second-half of the season. It meant we dropped more points than last season, but still won the title comfortably, again from Banik Ostrava.

The cup was not a priority this season, and although we made the final, I wasn't too disappointed to miss out on the trophy.

Champions League

Now ranked in the top 8 in terms of coefficients, we're now a top seed for the group stage. That saw us draw Juventus, HSV and Dinamo Zagreb.

We lost the first game to Juve (largely due to an early red card - a second yellow for diving :( ), but recovered well to beat HSV at home, Dinamo twice (though we made unnecessarily hard work of the home match) and then Juve at home. A draw in the final game at HSV though meant we finished second behind Juve.

First Knockout Round - 6-1 agg win v Schalke

What initially looked like a kind draw proved to be so as we dispatched Schalke with little trouble, winning the home leg 2-0 and following it up with a rampant 4-1 win away. Onwards.

Quarter Final - 5-2 agg win v Barcelona

A tougher draw, though at least we avoided the Manchester sides. Two early goals in the first leg stunned the Camp Nou masses, and we countered brilliantly at home in the 2nd leg to, in the end, cruise through.

Semi Final - 2-0 agg win v Arsenal

All of a sudden the nerves set in. The first leg was ugly, we created the odd chance but it took until the 91st minute for us to take one. When we did, there was no surprise that it was Stanislav Sacha writing his name on the scoresheet.

The second leg was a horribly scrappy affair, which suited us just fine. A clumsy own goal after twenty minutes left Arsenal needing three to go through, and they failed to find any as we rejected everything they threw at us. A sweet victory which emphasises the progress we've made from last season, where Arsenal scored five against us over two legs. The victory came at a cost though, with both our wingers picking up injuries that would rule them out of the final, and midfielder Matej Hanzlik receiving his third yellow card and a one match ban.

So, after 22 seasons at Trinec, we had qualified for our first Champions League final. A trip to the Stadio Olimpico in Rome beckoned, where our opponents would be Man City. It just couldn't have been anyone else. I said a couple of seasons ago, having once again been knocked out by City in the semi-final, that if we could avoid them, then maybe, just maybe, we could go one step further.

We've played City 15 times in the last ten years, with us winning just one of those matches, back in 2025. They've defeated us in two semifinals, and have won the last three Champions Leagues, becoming only the fifth side in history to do so. They're looking for a historic four-in-a-row, a feat that hasn't been achieved since the days of Alfredo di Stefano at Real Madrid in the late 50s.

Champions League Final

The last time we played City, I bemoaned the fact that their striker, David Garrido, was just too good for us. If the ball landed at his feet in our area, its next destination was the back of our net. Garrido was once again in the starting line up, but this time moved out to the left wing. It felt like a small victory from the start, even if it was merely psychological on my behalf.

The early phases of the game made it clear how this game would play out. City dominated possession (a stat that would read 65%-35% in their favour by the end of the match) whilst we tried to keep things tight, and hit them hard and fast on the counter.

For counter-attacking football, there aren't many players in the world more effective than Stanislav Sacha. With a quarter of the game played, a break down the left found Petr Soldan cutting into the box, and when he squared for Sacha 10 yards out, there was only one outcome.

That goal proved to be the only clear cut chance of the game, as we fell deeper, doing anything we could to keep City out of our box. Restricted to half-chances and long shots, the favourites became frustrated to find themselves trailing 1-0 at half-time.

With a passionate half-time teamtalk pleading for more of the same still ringing in their ears, we caught City cold early after the break. When the first goal went in, I limited my celebration to a muted fist-clench, knowing that there was more than enough time for things to turn around. When Oldrich Fiala headed home Sacha's corner on 48 minutes, I couldn't resist a full-throated cheer with both arms raised.

Was this tempting fate? Well, to keep it short, no, it wasn't. We saw out the following forty minutes with relative ease, though it wasn't til the clock ticked into stoppage time that I finally began to relax. We had done it, against the one side who has tormented us more than any other over the past decade. We were the champions of Europe.

Manchester City 0 - 2 Trinec

Champions League results

Squad stats

(YP08a)Stanislav Sacha - Another brilliant season from our main man. Only started about half our league matches as I was resting him for the Champions League, but he repaid me with 13 goals in Europe, including the opener in the final. Quite simply, if we ever move to another stadium and it's not called Stadion Stanislav Sacha, a major injustice has been done.

(YP16b)Oldrich Fiala - The man who scored the other goal in the final, and our best defender and captain at just 21.

(YP14b)Radek Kolar - The puppetmaster in midfield. So many of our attacks start with Kolar, even though he doesn't pick up many assists, he's always involved.

(YP14a)Jiri Svoboda - Missed the final through injury but still played a big part in our success. Six years younger than Sacha, he'll most likely be his replacement in a couple of years time.

(YP17d)Jaroslav Barta - One of the youngest players in the starting XI, but probably the one with the most potential. There was even a whisper of the W-word earlier this season.

Youth candidates 2035

We seem to get a promising right-back every season, I wonder if my HOYD used to play there? Three tags in total handed out.

Transfers

Another record sale this season, with 'club legend' Jan Kovar moving to Viktoria Plzen for £2.8m. The best bit of business though was the £2m sale of Jan Hajek to Mlada Boleslav, who have played him a grand total of four times in his debut season.

2033/34 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |    CL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (35)
2034/35 |  First Division |    1st    |  Runner-up |  *Winners*  |Challenge completed!| (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (23)

Even though we've always been there or thereabouts recently, always making the knock-out stages and with three semi-final in five seasons, I still felt this was a little way off. I think two things though have allowed us to make that final step up from contenders to winners:

1)Small tweaks to my tactics though worked wonderfully against the biggest sides, where we were finally able to hold our own. Principally being more aggressive in our counter-attacking away from home - accepting that we'd have less of the ball than our opponents but making the most of the little time we did have with it.

2)Our increased dominance on the domestic front - as we've grown stronger both in our starting XI and in squad depth over the last few years, I've been able to rotate my squad more, keeping my best players in prime condition for big matches in Europe. The domestic scheduling certainly doesn't help (often with matches just 48 hours before or after a CL match), making a large squad essential.

I've begun the search for an international job, though Czech Republic only changed their manager a year ago so that post may be a few years away. Unfortunately a new stadium is still at least 9 more years away, despite us filling our current one every week.

I'll probably take a bit of a break from this save though, not sure where I'll head but I'm sure I'll be drawn back at some point, and either way will keep following other people's progress in the thread.

I am really gutted about my Slovakian team I have scoured my PC for a back up but I have not yet found one. I am currently considering my new home. Got it down to Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece or Poland I think. Decisions Decisions.......... How many others have we got actively in this challenge at the moment?

Good luck in Iceland, shame about your Slovakia save!

At the moment I've started a game in South America just for a change, playing around there for a bit but I'll probably come back here. I quite fancy Croatia at the moment, but I'll think about it a bit more. The one thing that annoyed me about Czech Republic was how long their winter break was and how short their summer break was. I realise quite a lot of countries are similar, but I'll probably look for somewhere with the league fixtures a bit more spread out.

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Division 1 - 2014

League Table

League Positions Graph

What more could I have asked this year. As always as a team at a new level all I can hope for is for is to stay well way from the drop zone, and this is what we managed to do this year. We were never in any real danger of troubling either end of the table and I am very happy with the performance of the team this year.

Cups - we did well this year are trip to the semi-final was really good. We managed to grab some massive results against teams from the Premier Division. In the Upper League Cup we got some decent results in the league stage and didn't manage to get through but I was happy with the performance

Intake - some decent players in this year from the Intake. I brought one centre midfield player into the first team and the rest went out on loan.

Squad - as usual the squad just needed faces in year one, over the break I will be looking to add more quality into the team

Transfers - we had a fairly small squad so I had to go shopping early on, I bought many new faces into the squad. I did manage to let a few people go and after the Intake some of youth went out on loan

Finances - not to bad really we are well below are wage budget so that is always a good start

Season Stars:

Runolfur Sigmundsson - our best player this year was this centre back. A bit of a rock for us

Elvar Eggison - another decent effort from a player who is not that great was a solid enough winger this year

Evar Johannesson- decent enough striker he did well this year and I would hope for him to improve in the off season.

Career Overview

Season League              Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup    Europe        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  Icelandic First       9th        Semi Final      4th in Group        N/A         Stayed Up

Next Season

Next year I would just like to improve the squad and also I would like to improve the position in the league

Archived