Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a game with Skedsmo in Norway and managed to win the league in my 1st season gaining promotion to the first division. As a requirement of being propmoted we had to install undersoil heating costing £1.8m (our balance was about 17k at the time). Now the club is in administration as a result and selling of all my best players to help with finances FOR FREE!!!! HOW IS THIS HELPING!!! They have now restructured a loan and we are now back in the black but my squad is bout 8 players big and they wont budge on the wage budget so I cant sign anyone. WTF am I supposed to do? Had a great little team as well but its been dismantled as a result of achieving promotion :-( Im so P*****d off right now

I started a game with Skedsmo in Norway and managed to win the league in my 1st season gaining promotion to the first division. As a requirement of being propmoted we had to install undersoil heating costing £1.8m (our balance was about 17k at the time). Now the club is in administration as a result and selling of all my best players to help with finances FOR FREE!!!! HOW IS THIS HELPING!!! They have now restructured a loan and we are now back in the black but my squad is bout 8 players big and they wont budge on the wage budget so I cant sign anyone. WTF am I supposed to do? Had a great little team as well but its been dismantled as a result of achieving promotion :-( Im so P*****d off right now

That sucks. In real life a team like that getting consecutive promotions and having an unfit ground would probably arrange to ground share. Unfortunately the AI of the board probably hasn't been configured to deal with it as well as it could.

Ballycastle United

Season 2025/26 - Carling Premiership - 2nd

bufclogotrans2.png

Overview

Not a lot you can do when your main rival drop as many points all season as you have dropped by November. Linfield finished with an impressive 102 points which was unassailable even though I defeated them twice towards the end of the season. Professional status has improved the team and will allow my young players to develop quicker.

Carling Premiership

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3521/2026leaguetable.jpg

Champions League

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 1 - Renova (FYROM) 1-2 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 4-1 Renova (FYROM)

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 1 - Anderlecht (Belgium) 4-1 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 1-2 Anderlecht (Belgium)

Players

Phil Maguire and Lee Magill are the best players in the team and augment the young players who fill out the rest of the side.

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6265/2026maguire.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/8629/2026magill.jpg

Most of my team is made up of young players who I am hoping to develop. Simon Patterson came through the ranks at Man City and is a very promising keeper.

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/7985/2026coffey.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/6798/2026cromie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/9752/2026patterson.jpg

Other

Northern Ireland dropped a place to 35th in European competition.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/1466/2026europeancoeficients.jpg

Lower Maze - Season 8

League Table

Irish Cup

Champions League Group

Transfers

A fantastic year and some real progress made in Europe too. We had to play a strong side all of the way through so squad depth was important. Took a long time for Cliftonville to slip up, they even beat us 6-0 in 1 league game and dumped us out in the League Cup Final. As you can see they actually spent a fair bit on some of the players I sold.

Champions League we had the usual Zeljeznicar and Maccabi Haifa before beating FC Copenhagen to reach the group stages!! We were out of our depth there though.

James Kelly

He's our best player, improved yet again. Won't sign a new deal and is leaving on a free :(

Nathaniel Cole

£55k signing from Liverpool was class at the back, far too good for this league.

Ferdinando Curcio

Was a free signing after his release from Napoli, technically very good striker.

We can scout all over the world now so hoping to find some more bargains.

Lower Maze - Season 9

League Table

League Cup

Champions League Group

Transfers

Linfield and Cliftonville really are great competition, was a 3 horse race all of the way through and there isn't much room for error. Luckily our only defeat came against Linfield, this was when the title was already won and I was giving youth team players a chance.

Progress again in the Champions League, knocked out Sarajevo and Renova in the 'easy' games before defeating Basel in extra time. Was great to pick up 3 home draws in the Champions League too, we are a long way off qualifying but we seem to be getting somewhere.

Mohamed Adam

After James Kelly left us on a free I was worried that we couldn't replace him, he was easily our best player. Thankfully I found this guy in Africa, although he cost a bit I think he was more than worth it.

Nathaniel Cole

Another very solid year from the former Liverpool Centre back.

Solomon Boakye

The latest star striker and another African import, he's our most expensive player at £675k but he has been worth it. Attracting the interest of Birmingham.

Thanks, we were making progress but we've just had a setback. Lost on away goals to viktoria plzen in one of the qualifiers, could have a huge effect. We spent loads of money improving the youth and training facilities so there is not much left. Our wage bill is very big for a small Northern Irish side not competing in the Champions League. Can expect a negative balance by the end of the year.

I'll have to check on the progress of Cliftonville and Linfield, don't think they've made much of a dent on Europe. They do have good squads though, a lot of their best players were signed from me.

It's always good to have domestic competition, keeps things fresh whilst you try and make progress on the continent.

I'm having an interesting season with Třinec. Now in 2028/29 season (bit behind on my updates), and at the moment (just over halfway through) we've got a five-way fight for the title going on. Makes for a nice change to the last few seasons where it has rarely been more than a two-horse race.

Champions League has gone quite well so far this season though. We're still 3rd seeds when it comes to the Group Stage, so found ourselves in a difficult group with PSG, Bayern and Anderlecht. Two draws (home to PSG and Bayern), one win (away to Anderlecht) and one defeat (away to Bayern) left us third after four games. We followed this up with a defeat away to PSG that I thought would have ended our hopes of progress, but only to find that Bayern had slumped to a shock defeat against Anderlecht, keeping our hopes of 2nd alive, but also meaning 3rd place wasn't guaranteed. In the final game, we fell behind early at home to Anderlecht (which dropped us to 4th), but recovered to win 3-1, whilst Bayern, having taken the lead, ended up losing 3-1 at home to PSG, allowing us to sneak above them into 2nd by a single point.

Tough draw for the knockout round though against Barca, can't see us progressing much further.

For those who have followed my previous posts, club legend Petr Bednar has now retired and taken up a staff role at the club. This means the squad now consists entirely of players developed in our youth academy.

Just a quick update. I've been playing my Yverdon Sports game in Switzerland, I just haven't been posting because I've been using someone else's computer and I don't have my super easy screenshot program. I'm back to my old laptop now so I'll be posting a big update of the five seasons I've played some time tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah competition is keeping it interesting. Had 3 good youth players come through our improved facilities last year, all of them doing well so far out on loan this year. Hope we can keep that up.

After the disappointing Champions League exit we had a Europa League play off against Standard Liege. Beat them 5-0 away and lost 3-2 at home so go through to the group stages. Not quite the same financial reward but every little helps. Checked out Linfield and Cliftonville, best they have done is 3rd qualfying round to get to the Europa.

No relation to anyone as far as I can tell. It's just nice to finally be getting some recruitment outside of Czech Republic, I guess our reputation has increased enough to give us a bit more pull. We've got a pretty multi-national backroom staff, so hopefully we'll start seeing a few more. I'm a bit disappointed we never see any Polish players - with the city of Trinec being very close to the border and the club itself having its history in Polish community.

Still though, this new bloke is touted as the next David Bonney, an Arsenal midfielder who's racked up 147 caps for England over his career. Here's hoping!

Ballycastle United

Season 2026/27 - Carling Premiership - 2nd

bufclogotrans2.png

Overview

Another close run season saw us lose out on the title to Linfield by three points. My young players are continuing to develop but runs in the champions league qualifiers will be needed soon to boost the coffers as the healthy bank balance of a couple of seasons ago is slowly being sapped away.

Carling Premiership

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/9505/2027leaguetable.jpg

Champions League

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - Leg 1 - Vardar (FYROM) 0-3 Ballycastle United

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 8-0 Vardar (FYROM)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 1-2 Stade Rennais (France)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 2 - Stade Rennais (France) 2-0 Ballycastle United

Players

I have a good core of young Northern Irish players making up the spine of the team.

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/8695/2027patterson.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/3200/2027maguire.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/6368/2027cromie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/2616/2027copeland.jpg

Other

Northern Ireland were static in 35th place in European competition.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/5679/2027europeancoeficients.jpg

Lower Maze - Season 9

League Table

League Cup

irish Cup

Euro

Transfers

Again we only lost one match, our 2nd to last game against Linfield where we had 10 men for 83 mins, so domestically a big success. Our aim was to again pick up more wins in the Champions League but unfortunately Vitoria Plzen knocked us out in the qualifying rounds which was a big financial blow. We easily beat Standard in the Europa qualifier and even qualified from our group before losing 3-2 on aggregate to Hamburg.

Our improved facilities meant some pretty good players have come through, 2 of them on loan at Portadown did very well and came 1st and 3rd in the young player of the year.

Conor Schlingermann

He's a fantastic centre back and is being watched by Derby and Forest. Will try to keep him for as long as possible.

Nathaniel Cole

He's always our most dependable player, another great season.

Solomon Boakye

Yet again our star striker was the expensive African, he's another who won't sign a new deal though so we will just have to keep him as long as we can. Pretty much all of our star players either won't sign new deals or want too much to do so, it could be a bit of a rebuild in a year or 2.

Oh ****, board have reverted us back to semi pro status and reduced our scouting back to Northern Ireland. We need a Champions League run!

I think I might be going the same way. I'll be £2m in the red by the end of the season. Good European runs are a bit of a must I think.

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2027/28 - Czech First Division

Three in a row

League Table - Past Positions

Another strong performance in the league, with just two defeats. We led the way for almost the whole season, and even a little post-Christmas wobble wasn't enough for anyone to catch up.

Europe

A familiar story - did well in a difficult group to finish 2nd, but came up short against Man Utd in the first knockout round.

Squad stats

(YP08a) Stanislav Sacha had his best season to date, scoring 31 goals for the club and another six for the national side, where he's starting to make an impact. With this has come interest from a host of clubs around Europe, with rumours of a £10m+ transfer. Tied him down til 2032.

(YP06f) Martin Hanus was again a rock at the back, and took home the fans' player of the year award again.

Youth candidates 2028

Decent if not outstanding, but a couple of tags handed out.

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2028/29 - Czech First Division

The rise of Sparta

League Table

A poor first half of the season gave Sparta a 7 point lead, and despite a very strong finish to the campaign, it was too much to haul in. Sparta, with Andriy Yarmolenko as manager, clinch their first league title in a very long time.

Europe

Similar story to last season - we scraped through the group in 2nd place, then got hammered by Barcelona in the 1st KO. We're just not strong enough defensively to compete against the best teams.

Squad stats

Like last season, Hanus and Sacha were our best players. Another injury to Michal Zikmund prevented him from playing as much as I'd like - he's a great asset when fit.

Youth candidates 2029

A smorgasbord of talent, topped by Newcastle-born (YP16a) Mick Murphy - already a remarkable talent for a 14-year-old.

Board/Finances

We're rolling in cash, with very little to spend it on. The stadium capacity is maxed out, youth facilities are maxed out, training facilities are considered 'top' but I can still upgrade them. We do only make a profit though because of CL prize money.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |    6th    |     QF     |     -       |       Inc. JC      | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |    2nd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       | Promotion, inc. JC | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |   16th    |     QF     |     -       |  Avoided the sack! | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |    3rd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2017/18 | Second Division |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion     | Petr Bednar (24)
2018/19 |  First Division |    9th    |     SF     |     -       |      Survival!     | Petr Bednar (9)
2019/20 |  First Division |    4th    |     SF     |     -       |  Qualified for EL! | Petr Bednar (20)
2020/21 |  First Division |   *1st*   |   4th Rnd  |    EL 3Q    |  Czech Champions!  | Petr Bednar (25)
2021/22 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |  EL 1st KO  |   Retained title   | Petr Bednar (37)
2022/23 |  First Division |    2nd    |  Runner-up |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (30)
2023/24 |  First Division |    2nd    |  *Winners* |  CL 1st KO  |    New stadium!    | Petr Bednar (22)
2024/25 |  First Division |    2nd    |   Winners  |  EL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2025/26 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |    EL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (16)
2026/27 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2027/28 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (23)
2028/29 |  First Division |    2nd    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha

So a step backwards this season, our first for five years without a trophy. But we continue to produce very talented youngsters, and our recruitment range appears to be expanding with the appearance of three Englishmen in the last two years. So we'll stick to our guns and keep going. First aim next season though is simply to make sure we reach the CL group stage.

I did not know that they could change the status to semi-pro again.

I didn't either. That along with nearly everyone wanting to leave is putting us back several steps. Can't see us ever winning the Champions League!

Thankfully we had a fairly easy run in the Champions League so have made it to the group stages again, this has boosted the finance and the club have agreed to turn pro again next season. Have had to sell a few players and haven't signed anyone other than the 2 previously agreed transfers. Nobody even half decent is interested while we are semi pro.

Well, I know I keep saying I'm going to post an update and I never do, but I'm still playing. I'm in May of 2020, and in our second season ever in the Champions League, we've managed to go on a miracle run and reach the final. I've got about 5 games to go then we square off against Manchester United at OAKA Spyrous Louis stadium in Athens. Win or lose I'll post a full update when it's over, re-capping the 7 seasons so far and I'll post up the whole squad. Wish me luck gents!

Yverdon-Sport FC

Manager Profile

Club History (including my time in charge)

Throughout my 7 years in charge I've used 3 tactics.

Standard Tactic (most games vs close opposition)

Attacking Tactic (for smaller teams at home)

Defensive Tactic (used basically for Basel, also got me to the Champions League Final)

League Table: Had a great season, winning the league with a dramatic late winner on the last day. Lost out in the cup final, and the Champions League Final, but still an incredibly successful season.

The Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Bio Adikpeto - Signed on a free from Lyon after he wasn't offered a pro contract. He was supposed to be the backup, but he performed great and developed so fast, I had to make him the main man between the sticks

Defenders:

Alberto Casmiro - Another player from Portugal who came through our youth academy, he's a great stopper but picks up a card here and there as well

Agostino Esposito - Signed from Napoli on a free, easily the coolest name on the team, and also one of the best defenders

Frederic Galli - Signed on a free this season as he didn't cut it at Marseille, he spent most of his 1st season in the starting lineup, totally dominant in the air

Bruno Mendes - A product of our own academy thanks to our Portugese HOYD, he's our main man in defense, and constantly our best player in games

Kostadin Popchev - Signed on a free from 2nd tier side Bienne this season, spent his debut season as the 5th DC, mainly playing in cups

Enzo Subiat - A product of our youth academy, and really that's the only reason he's still here. 6th DC

Wide Midfielders:

Robin Berge - Signed from Schalke on a free 2 years ago as a Winger, he plays the right side when we need a little more of an attacking option. Leaving for St. Pauli this summer

Simbo Kante - Another signing from St. Etienne, Kante plays down the left when a more defensive option is neccessary

Eser Kose - Signed on a free from Werder Bremen as a Fullback, he was re-trained as a Right Mid when he arrived 4 years ago, and plays fantastic up and down the pitch.

Kidipolo Miangounina - Signed for cover, just to have 5 options on the wings in case of injury trouble

Inigo Pena - A product of the Chelsea system, he's our main man on the left. Lead our team in assists 2 of the last 3 years.

Central Midfielders:

Bertrand Duval - A product of our own youth system, Duval was a key player for us in the past, now he's mainly our backup DLP

Jeff Gargan - Signed this season from Seattle Sounders of the MLS on a free, he has the skills to be one of our best midfielders, but spent this year as the backup in the CM - S spot while he blends in

Finn-Patrick Heussner - A wonderful DLP and probably our best overall player, signed from Wolfsburg on a free 3 years ago and has hardly missed a game

Jens Muller - An attacking midfielder that we scooped up from Wolfsburg, he plays as a CM - A but is mainly the backup in that role

Dexter Pastel - Signed on a free from Lille, he's a bit of a utility man. Definitely in our best 11, but in what role depends on who else is selected

Gauthier Raynaud - Signed on a free from Lyon after playing in their reserves, he's our most skilled player, and controls the game as either the AM or the DLF

Nathan Sinkala - Signed on a free from Congoese club TP Mazambe last season. He's played mainly as a CM - s and has become a key player for us

Jasmin Zelkjovic - Doesn't look like he has great stats, but the product of our academy has put in consistently top notch performances in the AM or CM - A roles since his arrival

Attackers:

Jean-Baptiste Charles - A product of our academy, he was a key player in the early years. Has lost his place lately but is a bit of a club legend.

Eddy Hulshoff - Signed on a free from Ajax, plays the DLF role in our attacking tactic. He's leaving for Dussledorf on a free this summer.

Terry Parker - Didn't make it at Manchester United, and was released, been at the club for 5 years and is our #1 Striker

Mamadou Sylla - Brought in on a free from St. Etienne last year as a squad player

Ballycastle United

Season 2026/27 - Carling Premiership - 1st

bufclogotrans2.png

Overview

A much improved performance saw us take back the title with a points total of 104. It was important as we are currently £1.2m in the red, a champions league run to the Champions playoff is required... minimum. I have brought in a number of foreign players of a higher calibre moving away from the Irish only policy I had stuck to up to now. Youngsters John Coffey and John Copeland who have been mainstays for the past four seasons since I put them straight in the first team as 15 year olds have been sidelined unfortunately, neither progressed quite as quickly as I would have liked. A season out on loan may help them.

Carling Premiership

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/8739/2028leaguetable.jpg

Champions League

Europa League 1st Qual Rnd - Leg 1 - Valur (Iceland) 0-2 Ballycastle United

Europa League 1st Qual Rnd - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 2-0 Valur (Iceland)

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - Leg 1 - St Pats Athletic (Ireland) 0-2 Ballycastle United

Europa League 2nd Qual Rnd - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 1-0 St Pats Athletic (Ireland)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 1-0 Rangers (Scotland)

Europa League 3rd Qual Rnd - Leg 2 - Rangers (Scotland) p1-0 Ballycastle United

Players

Quality players, Phillip Maguire, Bobby Clarke and Joe Lancaster complement a clutch of talented youngsters still getting regular games.

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/9509/2028maguire.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/2306/2028clarke.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/4674/2028lancaster.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/6622/2028crawford.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/3228/2028cromie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/8774/2028jackson.jpg

Other

Northern Ireland moved up two places to 33rd place in European competition.

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/107/2028europeancoeficients.jpg

Lower Maze - Season 10

League Table

All Ireland Cup

irish Cup

Champions League

Transfers

So our first year back as a semi pro side meant other than prearranged transfers there was no point bringing in the poor players who were interested in us. Also meant we needed to make a bit of a profit on transfers to keep going. Thankfully we had an easy run to the Champions League groups beating Valarenga, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Lech along the way. In the league it was fairly tight until the end, concentrated on bringing youth through and we have a good 10 or 11 capable of playing in the first team now. We should be turning pro again next year which is handy as I think we could need a rebuild, many good players approach the last year of their contracts and I'd rather cash in than let them go for free.

Mohamed Adam

A fantastic season from our star creative player, he is attracting interest off much better sides than us.

Ruggiero Lieggi

Italian star midfielder, he seems to win a lot of tackles and creates a lot of goals too.

Josh Thompson

Constantly improving our youth facilities is paying off, this guy is just brilliant. Scored 18 last year on loan at Portadown so I was happy to make him our main man this year. He repaid my faith with 30 league goals this year.

Season 2029 Review

fklinkopiu.png

FK Linköping

Season Review: We were struggling a bit at the start due to the adjustments in tactic, but we got it down about 3/4 through the season. Nevertheless, we still managed to secure the title for the 12th season in a row, and qualified for next year's CL knockout round.

Board expectations:

Allsvenskan: Champions

Media prediction: 1st

UEFA Champions League: Playoff

Svenska Cupen: Not important

Svenska Supercupen: Not important

Results:

Allsvenskan: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

UEFA Champions League: Quarter-Finals (Season 2028/29)

Svenska Cupen: Winner (Season 2028/29)

Svenska Supercupen: Winner

Season Summary:

Transfers

Key Performers:

Juan Jose Sacristan: Not a bad season for him, although he has done better before. Named in the 2029 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Erik Pettersson: Ok, I am surprised. I mean I knew he was good, since I bought him years ago, but I didn't know he could provide that many assists. Turns out, changing the crossing for the wing backs benefitted him. Declared 2029 Swedish Defender of the Year and named in the 2029 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Paçoca: Another solid season for him and he even bagged the 2029 Swedish Goal of the Year. 2029 Swedish Premier Division Player of the Year and named in the 2029 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year. The boss of the midfield at the moment.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2029: It feels like a tray of average cookies after the best chocolate chips you have ever had. No outstanding youth from this batch.

Joel Efraimsson Upon Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4: Just look at how much he's grown!! He'll be 20 when the next season starts so I won't be monitoring him in this section next season onward, but believe me, he will appear in the key performers section soon.

John Andersson Upon Intake | Year 1 | Year 2: Hmm.. I'm a bit worried about his height. There've been cases where he misjudged the flight of the ball which led to a missed header, and a goal.. And I'm afraid of getting him tutored in case it affects his determination and his PA star rating. Well, he's training well at least, and I'm giving him plenty of 1st team chances, at least for the 1st half of every match.

Kristian Nord Upon Intake | Year 1 | Year 2: Another one I'm worried about. Had the same problems as John Andersson.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Get past CL Group Stage again.

2) When the hell are we going to win the CL!!!!!!!

Year   Division                         Position      Champions League      Svenska Cupen      Supercupen         Notes
2013   Division 2 Ostra Gotaland          1st               -                     -                 -             Promoted
2014   Division 1 Sodraettan              2nd               -                 2nd Round             -             Promoted
2015   Superettan                         5th               -                Group Stage            -             Avoided relegation
2016   Superettan                         1st               -                Semi-Finals            -             Promoted
2017   Allsvenskan                        5th               -               Quarter-Finals          -                -
2018   Allsvenskan                        1st               -                Group Stage            -             Champions
2019   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner           Back to Pro Status
2020   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2021   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage         Quarter-Finals       Winner              -
2022   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2023   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner           EL 1st Knockout
2024   Allsvenskan                        1st           1st Knockout Round     Runner-up         Winner           Undefeated
2025   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2026   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage (Q)        Winner            Winner           EL Quarter Final
2027   Allsvenskan                        1st           1st Knockout Round     Winner            Winner           Undefeated
2028   Allsvenskan                        1st           Quarter Finals         Winner            Winner           Undefeated
2029   Allsvenskan                        1st           Quarter Finals         Winner            Winner               -

Ballycastle United

Season 2028/29 - Carling Premiership - 1st

bufclogotrans2.png

Overview

A good performance in Europa has replenished my depleted funds. The board had reverted us to semi-pro status as I ended last season £1.3m in the red. A run to the Champions League groups where we finished third ahead of Atletic Bilboa saw us net a significant profit. We closed the season with a balance of £9m which included the sale of Joe Lancaster to Watford for £2.4m. The board had also spent £1.2m on the youth facilities though. This meant that we regained professional status at the close of the season.

The title was retained although Linfield initially ran us close. They won their first 17 games on the trot including beating us 2-0 in Ballycastle, this was the only points we dropped however until the 31st game of the season (only two defeats all season and no draws) and 108 points was far superior to Linfields total of 89 points.

Carling Premiership

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/6404/2029leaguetable.jpg

Champions League

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 12-1 Shaktar Karagandy (Kazakhstan)

Champions League Champions Qual.2 - Leg 2 - Shaktar Karagandy (Kazakhstan) 0-2 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 1 - Olympiakos (Greece) 2-1 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Qual.3 - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United a1-0 Olympiakos (Greece)

Champions League Champions Playoff - Leg 1 - Partizan Belgrade (Serbia) 1-1 Ballycastle United

Champions League Champions Playoff - Leg 2 - Ballycastle United 3-2e Partizan Belgrade (Serbia)

Champions League - Group A - Ballycastle United 0-2 Bayern Munich (Germany)

Champions League - Group A - Benfica (Portugal) 3-1 Ballycastle United

Champions League - Group A - Atletic Bilboa (Spain) 1-2 Ballycastle United

Champions League - Group A - Ballycastle United 0-0 Atletic Bilboa (Spain)

Champions League - Group A - Bayern Munich (Germany) 5-0 Ballycastle United

Champions League - Group A - Ballycastle United 2-4 Benfica (Portugal)

Europa League

Europa League - 1st Knockout Rnd - Leg 1 - Ballycastle United 0-1 Rapid Wien (Austria)

Europa League - 1st Knockout Rnd - Leg 2 - Rapid Wien (Austria) 3-1 Ballycastle United

Players

I have a good core of senior pro's providing the bedrock of the team.

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3213/2029maguire.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/8739/2029patterson.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/293/2029peric.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/7360/2029murphy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8174/2029magill.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5051/2029clarke.jpg

...who supplement a number of promising youngsters.

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/251/2029jackson.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7484/2029cromie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/6449/2029crawford.jpg

Other

Northern Ireland are bobbling around the mid-thirties places in european competition and have dropped two places to 35th this season. Hopefully this will improve for the new season after my run in Europe.

http://imageshack.us/a/img707/8218/2029europeancoeficients.jpg

The impossible HAPPENED!! A short mini update - WE WON!! A 2-1 Aggregate win over Real Madrid, then a 1-1 away win over Atletico Madrid and a 3-2 aggregate win over Man Utd. And for the Finals, a 2-0 win over Juventus!! I'd say more luck than skill is involved especially since we played defensively for all these matches and some freak goals + red cards + penalties helped us a lot, but I'll take it! Now I can load all the leagues I want for next season and join international management!! T-T Really feel like crying.. After the final season update, I might be joining another challenge.. Shall see how it goes. Thanks for being so supportive guys. Thanks mom, dad, for letting me play FM. Thanks my friends, for starting me on FM since 2007, saying it's not just a game, it's a career.. T-T

UEFA Champions League Final

Lower Maze - Season 11

League Table

Champions League

Transfers

Cliftonville are getting very very good, we got a last minute equaliser against them towards the end of the season which ended up determining where the title went. Champions League was our best year yet, we threw away leads and really should have qualified. In the end went in to the Europa and knocked out Feyenoord before losing on away goals to Sevilla.

Phil Gage

Been with us a few years now and always a great performer at left wing back.

Connor Shannon

One of many Irish players we have had over the years, very solid season from him.

Josh Thompson

Our youth graduate is still banging them in but he won't sign a new deal. He better change his mind soon!

Well you won the title by the skin of your teeth

Hahah couldn't agree more! I think the only game where I felt we deserve to win was against real madrid in the first leg. We played some awesome football that day.

Congrats larxus (from a lurker planning to get started in Sweden soon)!!

Thanks! Just a heads up, expect a lot of games with only 2-3 days rest in between and a freaking long break in May or June (I think) which is not even your season break.

Great stuff larxus, congrats! Looking forward to reading your end of season(/challenge!) update.

Thanks! Just a heads up, expect a lot of games with only 2-3 days rest in between and a freaking long break in May or June (I think) which is not even your season break.

I find it quite weird that here in Czech Republic, our mid-season break (from early December to late February) is so much longer than the end of season break (early June to mid July)

Great stuff larxus, congrats! Looking forward to reading your end of season(/challenge!) update.

I find it quite weird that here in Czech Republic, our mid-season break (from early December to late February) is so much longer than the end of season break (early June to mid July)

Ours is the opposite. end of season break in December is much shorter than the mid season break. I think it has something to do with international fixtures. And maybe champions league fixtures.

default.jpg

NK Třinec - Season Review - 2029/30 - Czech First Division

One step closer

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

Made hard work of the league campaign, particularly with fixture congestion towards the end of the season, but we came through and clinched the title, our 6th, with a game to spare. In the cup, we reached the semi-final, before falling on penalties to Sparta Prague.

Champions League results

Our longest European season date, starting in the 3rd qualifying round and ending in the semi-final. One step closer to the dream, but in truth it was simply the luck of the draw that got us that far.

Squad stats

(YP08a) Stanislav Sacha continues to shine and attract interest from Europe's biggest clubs. If we're ever to complete this challenge, it's imperative we keep hold of him - easily our most talented player, capable of scoring against anyone - as his record in Europe this year shows.

This season has seen a minor changing of the guard so I'll introduce here a few of the younger players who have had a breakthrough season.

(YP14b) Radek Kolar - Starting to edge ahead of Radek Lukac in the centre of midfield, and with plenty of space to improve.

(YP14d) Radovan Holecek - Far from a finished article, but looking like he could be a long-term partner for Martin Hanus.

(YP14a) Jiri Svoboda - Fast and raw talent, showing excellent promise as an IF on the left-wing.

Vladimir Novotny - Untagged but looking like he could become our No. 1 keeper.

(YP13a) Lukas Machacek - The best of the young DMs, hopefully he'll keep improving.

Youth candidates 2030

Another good year, with five tags. (YP17b) Martin Danek might be the one to watch - scored twice on his debut on the last day of the season.

Transfers

As mentioned, this year saw the departure of a few former tagged players. Expect to see a couple more go in the next year or so.

Board/Finances

Up to and over £50m in the bank now, but the main news here is that the current chairman is now willing to listen to offers. He's been great, agreeing to almost every request I've made, so I'll be sad to see him go.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Second Division |    6th    |     QF     |     -       |       Inc. JC      | Tomas Gavlak (19)
2014/15 | Second Division |    2nd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       | Promotion, inc. JC | Petr Bednar (17)
2015/16 |  First Division |   16th    |     QF     |     -       |  Avoided the sack! | Petr Bednar (12)
2016/17 | Second Division |    3rd    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2017/18 | Second Division |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion     | Petr Bednar (24)
2018/19 |  First Division |    9th    |     SF     |     -       |      Survival!     | Petr Bednar (9)
2019/20 |  First Division |    4th    |     SF     |     -       |  Qualified for EL! | Petr Bednar (20)
2020/21 |  First Division |   *1st*   |   4th Rnd  |    EL 3Q    |  Czech Champions!  | Petr Bednar (25)
2021/22 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |  EL 1st KO  |   Retained title   | Petr Bednar (37)
2022/23 |  First Division |    2nd    |  Runner-up |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (30)
2023/24 |  First Division |    2nd    |  *Winners* |  CL 1st KO  |    New stadium!    | Petr Bednar (22)
2024/25 |  First Division |    2nd    |   Winners  |  EL 1st KO  |         -          | Petr Bednar (18)
2025/26 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |    EL QF    |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (16)
2026/27 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2027/28 |  First Division |    1st    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (23)
2028/29 |  First Division |    2nd    |     QF     |  CL 1st KO  |         -          | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (12)
2029/30 |  First Division |    1st    |     SF     |    CL SF    | Won a CL KO match! | (YP08a)Stanislav Sacha (19)

Title reclaimed from Sparta, though the domestic double still eludes us. Delighted with the progress in the Champions League, but still think we're some way off beating the big sides over two legs. Onwards we go though, into my 18th season at Trinec.

Lower Maze - Season 12

League Table

Champions League

Transfers

Was actually very close for a long while but Cliftonville just fell away at the end so it looked like a fairly easy League Win. Champions League was a let down, a lot of our games are close but we still can't beat the big teams. Paunovic is our most expensive signing yet and he's been pretty average. Only young though. We also won the All Ireland Cup.

Ruggiero Lieggi

Another great season from the Italian midfielder, can also fill in in defence.

Ricardo Dasent

Giant centre back from Panama was an absolute bargain

Josh Thompson

Despite being born in Lisburn he has decided to become English and gets called up by their Under 19's.

Season 2030 Review

fklinkopiu.png

FK Linköping

Season Review: Finally, we have completed the challenge! There wasn't much to say about the league, it was same old thing going on. On the CL front though, we were as lucky as a.. lucky guy. Hahah. I noticed from the previous seasons that we tend to leak goals whenever we play in the CL so I decided to focus on defensive positioning for CL games, starting from the First Knockout Round against Real Madrid. It worked well enough for us to win 1-0, and draw 1-1 to go through to the next round.

In the next round, we went up against Atletico Madrid and we got through by the skin of our teeth on away goals at 1-1. The semi-finals was much harder as we went up against our bane: Manchester United. We hardly ever won against them. Their players' attributes are just insane. Imagine having 7 Messi-s in your team. We had a 1-1 draw, followed by a 2-1 win to get to the finals against Juventus. Juventus in this season was strong enough to beat Barcelona and win the league 7 times out of the last 9 years. They won it again this year so that's 8 out of 10. Surprisingly, it was an even game and we won 2-0 to finally clinch the CL cup.

Board expectations:

Allsvenskan: Champions

Media prediction: 1st

UEFA Champions League: Playoff

UEFA Super Cup: Learn from experience

Svenska Cupen: Not important

Svenska Supercupen: Not important

Results:

Allsvenskan: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

UEFA Champions League: Champions (Season 2029/30)

UEFA Super Cup: Winners

Svenska Cupen: Winner (Season 2029/30)

Svenska Supercupen: Winner

Season Summary:

Transfers

Key Performers:

Juan Jose Sacristan: A good season for him. Awarded the 2030 Swedish Player of the Year and named in the 2030 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year.

Reinhard Zimmermann: Been a while since we last saw him on this list, but it's a deserving recall.

Paçoca: Great season for him again. Named in the 2029 Swedish Premier Division Team of the Year. 500k for him seems like daylight robbery now.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2029: Forgot to screenshot. Hahah, but there was just one youth worth mentioning below.

John Andersson Upon Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3: At one point, he was a wonderkid! My first ever in all FM2013 games, I think. But his PA rating dropped a bit after a while. Still a great player though.

Kristian Nord Upon Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3: Growing nicely it seems.

Henrik Nord Year 1: No, he's not Kristian Nord's brother. Although PA rating is a 4 star, I needed an MC in case of injuries, and his stats seem good enough. I think he can grow more.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Coach for Swedish youth or national team.

2) Maybe it's time to leave Sweden?

Year   Division                         Position      Champions League      Svenska Cupen      Supercupen         Notes
2013   Division 2 Ostra Gotaland          1st               -                     -                 -             Promoted
2014   Division 1 Sodraettan              2nd               -                 2nd Round             -             Promoted
2015   Superettan                         5th               -                Group Stage            -             Avoided relegation
2016   Superettan                         1st               -                Semi-Finals            -             Promoted
2017   Allsvenskan                        5th               -               Quarter-Finals          -                -
2018   Allsvenskan                        1st               -                Group Stage            -             Champions
2019   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner           Back to Pro Status
2020   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2021   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage         Quarter-Finals       Winner              -
2022   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2023   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner           EL 1st Knockout
2024   Allsvenskan                        1st           1st Knockout Round     Runner-up         Winner           Undefeated
2025   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage            Winner            Winner              -
2026   Allsvenskan                        1st           Group Stage (Q)        Winner            Winner           EL Quarter Final
2027   Allsvenskan                        1st           1st Knockout Round     Winner            Winner           Undefeated
2028   Allsvenskan                        1st           Quarter Finals         Winner            Winner           Undefeated
2029   Allsvenskan                        1st           Quarter Finals         Winner            Winner               -
2030   Allsvenskan                        1st           Champions              Winner            Winner           Challenge Completed!

ok got a slow laptop so this will take a lot of time, but nevertheless a quick update, taken over a club called RE Bertrigeoise in the Belgian Third Division B looking very intresting already overspent on wages which isn't very good but we'll see what happens over the season, expectations are to avoid relegation but obviously aiming much higher.

having not checked every post here am i right in understanding, that the only transfers you can make are from players your scouts recommend i.e getting a scout report on the player?? If this is the case i will struggle due to no one being intrested in signing!! lol

Archived