Gundo's FM13 European Adventure Challenge™

Good first season there, surviving is what it's all about.

I'm now leaning towards Belgium, might have a look at what clubs are available shortly.

As for your question before about how many active people there are playing Gundo's challenge at the moment... not many? It's certainly quieter than it was, but don't let that discourage you!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Division 1 - 2015

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were amazing this year. We managed to build on the good work from last year, we continued to improve throughout the season and in the end managed to catch up with the leaders. To get promoted was a huge achievement I do worry that it slightly too early for us but non the less I am pleased to go up. My points total was very good and I am really pleased with the season

Cups - we had a great early showing in the Upper League Cup beating some really good teams before eventually meeting our end in the quarter finals. In the national cup we got to round four before loosing against a premiership side.

Intake - another really decent intake where a few players may well make it into the first team next year whilst a few others will go back out on loan.

Squad - more quality came in this year so that was good. I will look to improve again over the off season

Transfers - I managed to bring in a few new names into the squad, most of which will not be ready for a few years. I got rid of a few players who don't really play and some youths went out on loan

Finances - getting worse

Season Stars:

Hogni Helgason - decent effort from this lad, a player I am unsure about making the step up but he seems decent enough

Elvar Eggison - another really good season from this lad. I am not sure he is going to be able to make the step up but he will get his chance

Tine Zornik- came in the off season and did really well for us leading the line for the majority of the season

Career Overview

Season League              Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup    Europe        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  Icelandic First       9th        Semi Final      4th in Group        N/A         Stayed Up
2015  Icelandic First       2nd       4th Round       Quarter Final       N/A         Promoted

Next Season

Well after the shock of this year, and being promoted I am just hoping to stay up next year whilst adding a few new names

Good first season there, surviving is what it's all about.

I'm now leaning towards Belgium, might have a look at what clubs are available shortly.

As for your question before about how many active people there are playing Gundo's challenge at the moment... not many? It's certainly quieter than it was, but don't let that discourage you!

Just posted season 2 whilst you posted that. Belgium is good I bet there is plenty of youth coming through at that level in Belgium.

I am pretty sure the lack of activity will not discourage me as I am really enjoying it in Iceland as I have in previous years

It's been a while since I last posted (or played) but just noticed I didn't get around to posting up the following season, I have also completed one season after this which I think will be my last one for FM13 (then have to decide to either return to this or Dafuge's challenge for FM14)

Austria Salzburg – Premier Division 2028/29 – Season 16

So after completing the challenge (in record time as well, actually takes me longer to do Dafuge's challenge from what files I have left it took me 19 years to do it with Marine in FM08, 25 years with FC United in FM09 and 16 years with Nantwich in FM10).

The boards expectations were again to win the league, with the media and bookies also expecting the title. Whilst we continued our climb up the World Richlist moving up one place to seventh.

Transfers - It was a busy season as I went about snapping up various Austrian youngsters to boost my numbers with the best being Centre-Back Salamon I poached from Sturm Graz. I also spent ~£25m spreading money around Austria, which meant I acutally used up my transfer budget for the first time in years. Saleswise I sold off various youngsters and squad players, I also broke my record sale twice selling two unhappy squad players first second choice RB Horny joined Sporting for £20m after City unsettled him after offering less than his value, and then in Jan midfielder Carvajal joined Barcelona for a new record £22.5m after he moaned about not playing enough games.

European Super Cup - We started the season off by winning the Super Cup in our first appearance against a surprisingly lacklusture Man Utd side, we took the lead half-way through the first half when a Utd defender could only turn a cross into his own goal, Balaban then doubled our lead before half time with a placed finished after Utd failed to fully clear a corner, we then scored an old school goal to finish them off - RW Janso got free down the right and whipped a cross in from the byline which was met by Balaban arrving at the far post. Surprisingly the board were more pleased with the Super Cup than they are with the League.

Next up was the World Club Cup that was held in Texas, we breezed past Tunisian side Club Africain in the Semi-Final with a 3-0 win, before rather ironicly we took on Red Bulls New York side who we dominated from the off but just couldn't find away past their Keeper until the second half when the most unlikely player LB Valcarcel scored only his second goal for the club, half-fit Striker Kirschstein came off the bench to add two more inbetween a customary Balaban goal, a missed pen for New York and a red card. Which the game seemed to count as winning the Double.

Champions League - After winning the competition last season our odds improved to our best ever but we were still rank outsiders.

In the Group Stage we were paired with a Chelsea side that finished fourth in the League, Benfica who'd finished third in their league and had made it to thet Semi Final back in 2014 but that was the only time they'd made it past the Knockout Round, though they did lift the Europa League in 2017, the final team were Belgian Runner-ups Anderlecht (so much for it being a 'Champions' League) who'd spent the last 10 years finishing rock bottom of their group.

Champions League Table - We walked the group with full points for the first time just about dispatching Chelsea in the opening game, but thrashing Benfica in game three and a win in Lisbon in the return game ensured we qualifed with two games to spare (the only other side to secure qualification at this stage was Celtic who topped a group containing Madrid and AC Milan). In game five we came from behind to beat Chelsea securing top spot and rather shockingly Anderlecht beat Benfica to move into third place, and with a chance to completey knockout Benfica I fielded an entirely Austrian side in the final game against Anderlecht that included only three players with first team football prior to this season, but they still brushed past Anderlecht with ease and with Benfica shocking Chelsea they secured third place.

In the Knockout Round we were drawn with Portuguese Runners-up Porto who'd made it all the way to the Semi-Final back in 2017 and 2018, whilst losing the Europa League Final to Liverpool on pens in 2023 before beating City in extra-time the following year to lift the Europa League. It would also be the second time we'd met Porto after meeting them in our debut season back in 2019 where we lost both group games to them.

With the First Leg in Portugal our attackers didn't turn up not helped by it being the first game after the winter break, but thankfully my defence did as they held strong and took until the 75min for us to have our first shot before Kirschstein scored a late winner after closing down the last Porto defender who had the ball on the halfway line he charged down the pass and was left to run through their half one-on-one with their keeper as he cooly slot the ball past their keeper, with our first shot on target (their keeper didn't even make a save until the 91st min) however he then tore his hamstring that would rule him out for the next three months :(

Going into the Second Leg our injury problems got worse as I also lost RB Cerda (slipped disk) and CB Kocis (hip) to two month injuries, however it didn't prove to be a problem as we turned up this time and knocked five past Porto with a double from my young Austrian Striker Heinrich.

In the Quarter Final we again drew Chelsea, and with the First Leg in London the injuries to my defenders cost us as we didn't turn up and were 3-0 down within 30 minutes, thankfully Idrizaj pulled a goal back before half-time beating the Keeper to a header from Balaban and in the second half I rang the changes a nervous Heinrich was replaced by Gonzalez, Ljubojevic who was having a shocker was replaced with Drzodowicz and an injured Janso was replaced by Rathe, the introduction of Rathe down the right proved the turning point as he won the pen on the hour that fellow sub Gonzalez converted, before releasing Idrizaj to score the all important equaliser.

The Second Leg was a dour affair there were only two highlights in the whole match (not counting the whistle hightlight at halftime and fulltime) - the first at the start of the second half as we gave away a silly penalty that thankfully my Keeper superbly saved and the other being a one-on-one that my keeper saved a little later however a 0-0 draw was enough to see us through.

In the Semi-Final we drew the final Portuguese side Champions Sporting who'd also knocked out their group rivals (At. Madrid) on away goals in the last round and who had made it to this stage once before losing to Roma back in 2021.

With the First Leg in Lisbon we self-destructed annoyingly backup right back Brauneder threw a throwin straight to Sporting who found their striker Pedro Andrade free in the area to smash in the opener (the bloody striker had caused me enough problems the last time we faced Sporting four years ago) we at least pulled a goal back before half-time when a mazy run by Janso was ended by him being tripped in the box leaving Gonzalez to score another pen, and with us slowly getting back into the game we blew it at the end as Sporting countered from a corner and we again left Pedro Andrade free to score his second.

In the Second Leg we were boosted by the return of Kocis from injury to strengthen my worryingly flaky defence and we got off to a great start with Idrizaj opening the scoring after just two minutes however we couldn't add to it hitting the woodwork three times (two headers from corners and a Balaban free-kick) and that would cost us as in injury a mix up between my two Spanish defenders released that man Pedro Andrade to score his third of the tie and to knock us out, though the way we'd played since the Porto game we didn't deserve to get this far as we just seemed to give up the loss of Cerda, Kocis and Kirschstein to injury proved rather costly in the end.

Another thing that could have killed us if we weren't dominating the league was the fact that we had five games in 10 days for some reason - We played Sporting on the Wed, then Sturm Graz on Sat, Sporting again on Tues, then Red Bull on Thurs and finally Austria Wien on Sat (we also had our remaining six games two a week for three weeks).

In the Final Arsenal aveneged me as they came back from 2-0 down to win it in injury time.

FA Cup - We made it a record five in a row as we extended our winning streak to 30 cup games.

Premier Division - We utterly dominated the league this season (the pos graph seems broken as we definately weren't third at the start of the season and it shows no other teams top of the league, it seems postponed games at the start of the season messed it up) Red Bull put up a good fight getting the most points for 2nd in 10 years (Graz got 80pts back in 19/20 when we won our first title) and would have won the title in seven of the previous seasons, however we were unstoppable smashing Sturm Graz's record of 15 straight wins as we won 19 straight league games and 31 in all competitions - the draw to Chelsea ended our all competitions run and we then drew to Kapfenberger in our next league game to end the league record, whilst annoyningly defeat to Mattersburg in our third to last game ended our chances of breaking the 100 points barrier.

Squad and Overview

In Goal Argetine Silvio Parra was in good form as first choice, whilst Scot Graeme Tindal continued to be a solid understudy and should leave my Keepers sorted for the next 10 years or so, unless a quality Austrian come to my attention.

In Defence Diego Cerda was in fine form down the right and at £32.5m is my most valuable player (and makes the record £7.5m I paid for him look a bargain) however injury ruled him out for the second half of the season which we really felt, providing cover was Austrian Youngster Erich Brauneder who continued to improve, but struggled with the pressure when Cerda was out, and Academy player Held was recalled from loan and did ok but is a moaner. Down the left Spanaird Jonathan Valcarcel was in good form, but he is being pushed hard by Argentine Ruben Corvalan.

One thing I don't understand is the rules regarding getting Austrian Nationality the game states you need five continuous years plus 126 (league?) appearances, yet at the end of the season Cerda picked up an Austrian Passport but he had less than 100 appearances the last time I checked the status screen midway through the season, however Valcarcel finished the season one appearance short of the 126 and found himself annoyingly capped in Jan by Spain when he had more appearances than Cerda (it seems Spain have started capping players to stop them being poached, as they have given Midfielder Elizondo a cap aswell :( )

In the Centre of Defence Slovak Marek Kocis and Spanaird Gonzalo Pascual were again rocks as they have formed a formidable partnership, though Pascual has been reduced to a bitpart role for Spain, though the loss of Kocis for most of the second half of the season proved costly as whilst Roberto Baez did well he isn't as good as Kocis and having lost his place he'll be joining Leverkusen for £20m at the end of the season as I have several promising defenders coming through including the Dane Palle Andersen who is maturing nicely, whilst highly rated Youngster Salamon who was poached from Sturm Graz at the start of the season put in some strong performances the only problem is despite being born in Austria he only wants to play for Croatia :( I also have Academy player Franta who did ok and can play at full-back as well which saw him promoted to the bench to cover injuries.

In midfield Slovak Peter Janso was again in top form, whilst providing cover was the impressive Austrian Youngster Gunther Friedrich who has taken over Hartmann's place on the right wing for Austria (and club) and has attracted the interest of Liverpool who can get lost. Down the Left Croatian Paolo Balaban again ripped the league and europe to pieces as he was named European Golden Boy for a record third year in a row and became my first player to make it into the World Team of the Year and I may have a real fight keeping him at the club over the coming years, though the fact that the game only treats him as a three star player may help me, providing cover was the dependable Dane Brian Rathe who declared he wanted a new challenge and will leave the club once I find someone willing to take him as Austrian Youngster Hass impressed enough to displace Rathe.

In the centre of Midfield Croatian Mladen Ljubojevic was in top form in the deep-lying playmaker role, partnering him was the long serving Belarussian Roman Savostikov (who is the last remaining player of my first side), providing cover was Pole Maksymilian Drozdowicz aswell as a couple of Promising Austrians Oliver Muller who'd arrived from Austria Wien as a kid and is developing nicely as is Academy player Gartner.

Upfront Jakob Idrizaj returned to form as he scored goals for fun, whilst his partner Timo Kirschstein put in some good performances when he was fit anyway, providing cover was Zdenek Stourac who also scored for fun and was the Top Scorer in the League, whilst Uruguayian Ariel Gonzalez provided able cover for the injured Kirschstein, I also have a couple of highly rated Austrian Youngsters waiting in the wings, the best of them being Towering Marco Heinrich who was in excellent form in the support role, whilst Luca Kirschstein (no relation to Timo as far as I can tell) did well when called upon.

Best XI - Is a bit messed up due to my second XI dominating the league. Our domination was confirmed by all but one of the candidates for Player of the Year being mine (normally I have to vote for three players, so rather thankful the game didn't get stuck when I got only vote for one player).

Academy - My academy produced a couple of 2.5 star players this season, which is the best they have produced for a few seasons (though that said the 2 star players we have been producing are still described as Leading Prem Potential Players) with the best of the bunch being Austrian Born Slovenian Midfielder Bojan Gonc and Striker Bernd Mattersdorfer.

Finances - We made a ton of money this season which saw my board pay off our £20m bank loan, whilst our facilites have finally been fully maxed out, well apart from the Youth Recruitment that is now stuck at Above Average, we also appear to have hit the expansion capacity of my ground, though we do still have a corner that they wont let us expand into for some reason.

Reputation - We stay top in Austria though both Red Bull (Continental) and Sturm Graz (3.5 stars) gain on us which can only be good for the league, whilst we move upto 11th in the World passing Italian sides Juventus, Roma and Inter and we can not be far off a Worldwide Reputation.

Competition Reputation - Still no change for Austria though the Portuguese League switches spots with the German League.

Co-efficient - We climb to an impressive third place jumping Utd, City and At. Madrid.

Nation Co-efficient - It was the best season yet for Austria whilst we stayed seventh we narrowed the gap on Germany, and France though Portugal again pulled away, but more inportantly we should pass Germany next season giving us three teams in the Champions League, though Russia are right on our heels with Holland not that far behind.

We were largely helped this season by us winning the Champions League last season as it saw Red Bull go straight into the Group Stage where they did better than last season finishing third in their group losing out to Sporting and At. Madrid. However Sturm Graz couldn't make it three out of three in the Group stage as they lost the Playoff to Anderlecht (the side I beat with my youth side), Thankfully Dortmund, Marseille and PSV all fell in the Qualifers.

In the Group Stage Paris could only finished third behind Ajax and Porto, however Zenit joined City in the Knockout Round taking out Schalke (3rd) and Inter (!), whilst Benfica finished third in my group, AC Milan could only finish third to Celtic who topped the group ahead of Madrid. Spartak and Lyon could also only finish third whilst Bayern made it through behind Barcelona.

In the Knockout Round we dispatched Porto whilst Bayern, Ajax and Zenit all went out, as did City to Barcelona and Utd were shocked on away goals by Celtic.

In the Quarter Finals Sporting knocked out At. Madrid on Away goals, whilst Barcelona came from behind to knockout Celtic and Real were thrashed by Arsenal who would go onto knockout Barcelona before winning the Champions League for the third time (with all wins coming in the last six seasons).

In the Europa League Russia lost Anji in the Second Qualifying Round, whilst in the Third Round Holland lost Groningen and Portugal lost Martimo, in the Playoff France lost Bordeaux, and Holland lost Heenrenveen, whilst we lost Austria Wien to PAOK and Kapfenberger to Stuttgart.

That left us with Three sides in the Group Stage - Strum Graz topped their group with five wins and one draw knocking Braga out in the process, whilst Wacker finished second to Feyenoord knocking out Russian side Rubin and Rapid topped their group ahead of Spurs kocking out Palermo and Dianmo (Russia) in the process.

Elsewhere CSKA made it through with Steaua (Romania) knocking out FC Twente and LOSC, Dortmund after being knockout out of the Champions League could only finish third to APOEL (Cyprus!!!) and Galatasaray. Monaco knocked out Vit. Guimaraes, though PSV, Stuttgart, Werder and Leverkusen all made it but OM went out.

In the Knockout Round Graz knocked out Stuttgart, Red Bull beat Athletic and Rapid knocked out Steaua, but Wacker lost to Werder, with PSV, Schalke and Spartak all going out. In the next round Graz knocked out Rapid and Red Bull knocked out another Spanish side in Valencia with Werder, CSKA and Lyon all going out aswell.

However the Quarter Final would be as far as Austria would get as Red Bull lost to Benfica on Away Goals after extra-time, whilst Graz lost to dark horse Basel, whilst Paris and Feyenoord also went out.

In the Semi-Final Benfica shocked Liverpool though the bigger shock was Basel knocking out Monaco.

Annoyingly Benfica went on to beat Basel 1-0 in the Final

Squad Make Up:

FGN - Foreign, AUT - Austrian, 2ND - Austrian 2ND Nationality, YTH - Academy Player

GK: FGN / FGN / YTH

RB: AUT / AUT / YTH

DC: FGN / FGN / 2ND

DC: FGN / FGN / YTH

LB: FGN / FGN / AUT

RM: FGN / AUT / FGN

DM: FGN / FGN / YTH

AM: FGN / AUT / YTH

LM: FGN / AUT / AUT

ST: AUT / FGN / AUT

ST: YTH / FGN / AUT

Nationalities:

28 AUT

04 CRO

03 SVK, ESP

02 ARG, BRA, DEN, URU

01 BLR, CHI, CZE, POL, ROU, RSA, SCO, TUR

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Europe   Euro Rank (UCL/EL) Club Co-Efficient (Place)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                                   14 (2/3)
2014/15        First Division             4th                                                   16 (1/3)
2015/16        First Division             2nd                                                   15 (2/3)
2016/17        First Division             1st        Champions!                                 16 (1/3)
2017/18        Premier Division           3rd        FA Cup Finalists                           15 (2/3)
2018/19        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UEL Q2    13 (2/3)
2019/20        Premier Division           3rd        FA Cup Finalists        UCL GS / UEL K1    11 (2/3)         17.191 (99th)
2020/21        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA  Cup Winners     UEL GS    11 (2/3)         25.091 (76th)
2021/22        Premier Division           1st        Champions!                       UCL K1    10 (2/3)         42.842 (51st)
2022/23        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL K1    09 (2/4)         60.819 (30th)
2023/24        Premier Division           1st        Champions!                       UCL K1    07 (2/4)         70.040 (23th)
2024/25        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL Final 07 (2/4)         103.290 (18th)
2025/26        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL K1    07 (2/4)         116.606 (14th)
2026/27        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL QF    07 (2/4)         126.339 (7th) 
2027/28        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL Winners    07 (2/4)         143.512 (6th) 
***CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!***
2028/29        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL SF    07 (2/4)         152.546 (3rd)

Austria Salzburg – Premier Division 2029/30 – Season 17

A quick write up this season as it happened a few months back and is blurry. Also sorry if any of the images are in the wrong place as imageshack decided to completely rename the files on upload making it harder to link them.

Transfers - Not much activity though a record £30m was obtained from Liverpool for wantaway Striker Gonzalez.

Champions League - We walked the group in style putting seven goals (!) past both Rangers and Sporting at home, we only dropped points in the last two games as I did my best to get Zeni into third ahead of Sporting and it actually worked this time.

Knockout Round - We drew English side Chelsea and our woeful form on English soil returned as we lost the first leg 3-2 thanks to a defensive error, with my keeper producing a howler throwing the ball at the Chelsea striker which bounced into the net and was somehow blamed on my left back missing his header? However two away goals gave us a chance. However the second leg didn't go much better as we gave Chelsea the lead twice and whilst we fought back a 2-2 draw knocked us out and to make matters worse it was a dodgy pen that knocked us out :(

FA Cup - Didn't go much better, we made it to our sixth final in a row without conceeding a goal but some poor finishing and playing extra time with nine men thanks to injuries allowing Red Bull to win their first silverware for 10 years.

League Table - Whilst performances in the cups were ultimately dissapointing we blew everyone away in the league largely due to me fielding my strongest side in most league games for a change, as we grabbed over 100 points, goals and goal difference and ended the season unbeaten. Whilst my players dominated the stats and awards this season - nine of my players were named in the Team of the Year (the silly 3-4-3 formation cost me my fullback spots), we had the top three scorers and won the award for each position.

Squad and Overview

GK: Silivo Parra

RB: Diego Cerda

CD: Marek Kocis

CD: Gonzalo Pascual

LB: Jonathan Valcarcel

RM: Peter Janso

CM: Mladen Ljubojevic

CM: Roman Savostikov

LM: Paolo Balaban - Claimed the World Golden Ball,World Player of the Year Awards and was named in the World Team :cool:

ST: Timo Kirschstein

ST: Jakob Idrizaj

Co-efficient - we drop down to fifth as Barcelona and At.Madrid pass us.

Nation Co-efficient - After six years Austria finally moves upto sixth giving us a second Champions League Spot and a third Champions Space for the season after next, as Germany continued to decline.

The Champions League Playoff didn't go well as Red Bull lost to Roma, but thankfully Benfica knocked out Werder and Rubin knocked out Ajax, though Lyon made it through.

In the Group Stage both German sides went out Stuttgart bottom and Bayern third, France fared better with OM and Paris making it through, though Lyon dropped into the Europa League, for Portugal Benfica finished bottom with Sporting though Porto made it through. For Russia both Rubin and Zenit finished third and Twente finished bottom for Holland.

In the Knockout Stages OM and Porto were knocked out with me, with Paris the only team left about the four English and third Spanish sides. Paris made it to the Semi-Final where they lost to Real who went on to beat Barcelona for the first only Spanish Final and only the third one not to feature an English side.

In the Europa League both Kapfenberger and Austria Wein made it to the Group Stage though Rapid lost the playoff on pens to CSKA Sofia.

The Germans poor form continued with Wolfsberg losing to Swedes Djurgarden, France saw LOSC knock out Portuguese side Setubal but Lose RC Lens in the previous round, Portugal also lost Academica. Russia saw the three Moscow sides (CSKA, Sp. Di.) go through but lost Anji whilst Holland lost Heerenveen but got AZ, PSV and Feyenoord through.

In the Group Stage Sturm Graz topped their group as did Red Bull, but Kapfenberger and Wien could only finish third in tough groups. Germany saw Leverkusen and Werder go through but Dortmund finished bottom, whilst France got both sides (Moncao and LOSC) through, and Portugals last side Braga made it through. For Russia CSKA and Spartak made it through and Holland got Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord through.

In the Knockout Round Graz fell to CSKA but Red Bull knocked out PSV, with Braga, Ajax, Zenit and Monaco the only other sides to make through. In the Second Round Red Bull knocked out Hearts, Monaco knocked out CSKA, Ajax took out Fenerbache but both Braga and Zenit fell.

The Quarter Final saw Red Bull knock out Everton whilst Ajax needed pens to beat Young Boys and Monaco fell to Valencia.

In the Semi Red Bull lost to Valencia whilst Celitc thrashed Ajax 6-0 at hom to book a place in the Final which they would go onto win.

Squad Make Up:

FGN - Foreign, AUT - Austrian, 2ND - Austrian 2ND Nationality, YTH - Academy Player

GK: FGN / FGN / YTH

RB: AUT / AUT / YTH

DC: FGN / FGN / 2ND

DC: FGN / FGN / YTH

LB: FGN / FGN / AUT

RM: FGN / AUT / FGN

DM: FGN / FGN / YTH

AM: FGN / AUT / YTH

LM: FGN / AUT / AUT

ST: AUT / AUT / YTH

ST: YTH / FGN / AUT

Nationalities:

36 AUT

04 CRO

03 ESP

02 ARG, DEN, SVK

01 BLR, BRA, CZE, POL, SCO, SVN, TUR

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Europe   Euro Rank (UCL/EL) Club Co-Efficient (Place)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        First Division             6th                                                   14 (2/3)
2014/15        First Division             4th                                                   16 (1/3)
2015/16        First Division             2nd                                                   15 (2/3)
2016/17        First Division             1st        Champions!                                 16 (1/3)
2017/18        Premier Division           3rd        FA Cup Finalists                           15 (2/3)
2018/19        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UEL Q2    13 (2/3)
2019/20        Premier Division           3rd        FA Cup Finalists        UCL GS / UEL K1    11 (2/3)         17.191 (99th)
2020/21        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA  Cup Winners     UEL GS    11 (2/3)         25.091 (76th)
2021/22        Premier Division           1st        Champions!                       UCL K1    10 (2/3)         42.842 (51st)
2022/23        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL K1    09 (2/4)         60.819 (30th)
2023/24        Premier Division           1st        Champions!                       UCL K1    07 (2/4)         70.040 (23th)
2024/25        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL Final 07 (2/4)         103.290 (18th)
2025/26        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL K1    07 (2/4)         116.606 (14th)
2026/27        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL QF    07 (2/4)         126.339 (7th) 
2027/28        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL Winners    07 (2/4)         143.512 (6th) 
***CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!***
2028/29        Premier Division           1st        Champions! & FA Cup Winners      UCL SF    07 (2/4)         152.546 (3rd)
2029/30        Premier Division           1st        Champions!                       UCL K1    06 (3/3)         140.662 (5th)

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Premier Division - 2016

League Table

League Positions Graph

My god did we know we were in trouble from the offset, we literally were getting hammered every single game to begin with I was honestly starting to get worried that we may not even be able to record a single point. I made the decision to ditch some of the older players who had played for me over the past few years and decided to blood the youngsters, this seemed to work as I slowly began to turn around my form and in the end managed to save ourselves by some distance

Cups - frankly our worst season in the cups, I will look to improve this next year.

Intake - not the best only one player is signed up.

Squad - the squad is not good enough for this league, I really need to shop around in the summer to grab some new better players

Transfers - as usual the normal faces left the club on loan to my feeder teams to have yet another year of first team experience before coming into my squad. I picked up a new right back and another couple of youngsters

Finances - poor

Season Stars:

Runolfur Sigmundsson - an absolute rock at the back for us this year. I really like this player and hope he continues to improve

Sveinn Saemundsson - a youngster I signed in my first season, has only this year really got his chance and has grasped it

Ever Johannesson- came in to the team after playing second fiddle last year and did really well for us. I still am not sure which striker is my best

Career Overview

Season League              Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup    Europe        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  Icelandic First       9th        Semi Final      4th in Group        N/A         Stayed Up
2015  Icelandic First       2nd       4th Round       Quarter Final       N/A         Promoted
2016  Icelandic Premier     7th        3rd Round      5th in Group        N/A         Stayed Up

Next Season

Much of the same, I desperately need to bring new quality players in

michaeltmurrayuk your going backwards in Europe mate, how many season behind are you know?

That is the last one I have completed, the problem with Austria is there is a Winter break that runs pretty much from the end of the Champions League Group Stages (Middle of Dec) until the Knockout Round, and if you are unlucky with the draw you'll play your Knockout Round game before the league has restarted leaving your players off the pace, my second string also isn't that strong as I haven't really been buying players instead relying on my youth and Austrian players who aren't that great leaving me with a few gaps in quality in the squad.

Also despite how good my side is the English sides blow me out of the water in quality :(

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Premier Division - 2017

League Table

League Positions Graph

We finished a little lower than last year, but I felt we were a much better side and I felt that we became a better team and played much better. I was hoping to finish higher up in the league but it was not to be. We only just finished above the drop zone, I will really look to kick on next year.

Cups - a strange season in the cups. We began with the Upper League cup where we awful and finished bottom of our group for the first time since I came into the club. The Icelandic Cup was simply a different case, I managed to run into the final and managed to record a win to get our first ever trophy

Intake - not the best only one player is signed up.

Squad - not to bad really needs more faces in still to improve the squad

Transfers - mainly just the youth going out on loan this year, I purchased two players who will be hopefully in the first team in the future

Finances - getting better, partly due to the extension of the ground being completed and this allowed us to get more bums on seats. Valerenga also become our parent club and begin to pump money into the club

Season Stars:

Evar Johannesson - my striker finally proves himself, he was brilliant this year and has managed to grab the striker spot for himself

Sveinn Saemundsson - second year he appears in this little section he seems to be getting better every single year

Haukur Mete- the first player from our youth system to appear in this section, this young lad was made captain here and is brilliant

Career Overview

2016  Icelandic Premier     7th        3rd Round      5th in Group        N/A         Stayed Up
2017  Icelandic Premier     10th     Winners           8th in Group       N/A         Got into Europe

Next Season

We must do better in the league, we have cemented our spot in the top league but need to do better. We must improve and finish higher in the league

Good season Ashton, good luck in Europe, hopefully it'll bring in some much needed money!

Cheers pal, I have just played the games I drew HSV, I drew the first leg away from home but lost 3-1 at home, really good results.

It has helped my finance a little aswel

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Premier Division - 2018

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were superb this year as we fought for the title all year with Valur and Selfoss in the end we managed to grab enough points to secure the title for the first time ever. Our defence was the cornerstone of our title fight as the fantastic performance that gave us the title.

Cups - not to bad in the cups this year. We did really well in the Icelandic Cup getting the semi finals before loosing the match. In the Upper League Cup we did not manage to get out of the group stage but played ok. We won the Champions Cup this year against a very decent team

Europe - we drew a massive team in our first game in the competition in the shape of HSV we did very well in the games but did not have enough to get through

Intake - another decent intake this year as we sign a few new faces into the youth team.

Squad - the squad is really coming together as the youngsters improve and stake claims for first team spots

Transfers - it was very much the norm for us this year the usual crop of youngsters go out on loan and the usual couple of youngsters join

Finances - slowly improving, in the European Cup next year so should improve finances

Season Stars:

Runolfur Sigmundsson - this centre half comes back for his best season in some time, still shows he can do it at the highest level

Sveinn Saemundsson - another season, another quality performance from this lad, he is fast becoming the best player in the squad

Julius Helgasson- another defender this time a right back, he was superb all year, or a fairly new player into the team he did superb

Career Overview

Season League              Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup    Europe          Achievements
2014  Icelandic First       9th        Semi Final      4th in Group        N/A           Stayed Up
2015  Icelandic First       2nd        4th Round       Quarter Final       N/A           Promoted
2016  Icelandic Premier     7th        3rd Round       5th in Group        N/A           Stayed Up
2017  Icelandic Premier     10th       Winners         8th in Group        N/A           Got into Europe
2018  Icelandic Premier     1st        Semi Final      5th in Group        EL QR1        Champions

Next Season

We must do better in the league, we have cemented our spot in the top league but need to do better. We must improve and finish higher in the league

hottur_stort.jpg

Hottur - Icelandic Premier Division - 2019

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were always on the back foot in the league and never managed to catch up due to our European games. In the end we managed to catch up our games just about and managed to seal a title win on the last day of the season. Next year I would hope to get this title much easier

Cups - not bad in the Upper League Cup as we qualified and managed to get to the semi final. We won the Champions Cup which is a fantastic start to the season, we did not do to bad in the National Cup but didn't manage to win it.

Europe - fantastic season, we managed to beat big teams from Austria and Denmark. We eventually left the competition by beaten by CLuj. We went in the Euro Cup games where managed to grab two precious points

Intake - decent few more names in

Squad - this is an ok squad needs some new faces but not bad, it will change massively before the start of next year.

Transfers - not much business done this year

Finances - slowly improving, in the European Cup next year so should improve finances

Season Stars:

Runolfur Sigmundsson - another superb season from the veteran centre back, or at last veteran in the terms of my club

Hjalti Jonasson - centre half who recently joined the club and has become a main stay so far this year for me, he was brilliant

Haukar Mete- brilliant performance again from our young captain of the club

Career Overview

Season League              Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup    Europe          Achievements
2014  Icelandic First       9th        Semi Final      4th in Group        N/A           Stayed Up
2015  Icelandic First       2nd        4th Round       Quarter Final       N/A           Promoted
2016  Icelandic Premier     7th        3rd Round       5th in Group        N/A           Stayed Up
2017  Icelandic Premier     10th       Winners         8th in Group        N/A           Got into Europe
2018  Icelandic Premier     1st        Semi Final      5th in Group        EL QR1        Champions
2019  Icelandic Premier     1st        Quarter Final  Semi Final           4th EL Grp    Champions

Next Season

We have just turned pro, I have also got to scout the whole world so I am looking forward to next year to improve this side massively

Somewhat amazingly my job status is currently underthreat.

I have no real reason why it is, I have only played the Upper League Cup, I was knocked out in the group stages and the board have rejected a shed load of recent requests.

I keep saying that I think their lack of ambition is upsetting. Could this be the reason? I listed as Precarious any ideas?

R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

R.F.C. de Liège - Introduction - 2013 - Belgium Derde Klasse A

Manager Profile - Club Info - Facilities

I've given myself a different challenge this time. Instead of choosing a team with little history or expectation of greatness, I've gone for one of Belgium's fallen giants, a club that will be familiar to people who have previously attempted this challenge (or ri916's youth challenge) in Belgium.

R.F.C de Liège have five Belgium titles to their name, though the most recent of those came in 1953. In 1995, they suffered relegation from the top flight and declared bankrupcty, with the following 15 years marking the lowest point in the club's history. These days the club are possibly most famous for their refusal to release Jean-Marc Bosman from his contract in 1990, which lead to the introduction of the Bosman Rule across European football.

RFCL appear to still harbour delusions of grandeur however, and with promotion to the third tier of Belgium football signalling a potential upturn in fortunes, the board have demanded that the club's stay in Derde Klasse A be no longer than a season as the club looks to return to the big time.

I've spent the summer recruiting backroom and playing staff, and have currently signed 8 new players, with a further four joining on season-long loans. With almost a month remaining until the end of the transfer window, I expect both these numbers to increase further as we get the campaign underway. First up is a cup match against non-league Seraing, who we currently groundshare with.

I realise that logo is pretty huge, I'll try and sort out a slightly smaller one for future updates!

Well it has happened

After loosing 3 out of my 4 first games, I have been sacked.

I think it is unfair but I am sure I did not help myself with my constant requests.

I am currently trying to think of a new place to go.

It will be in this challenge but not in Iceland

Johnny - Good luck in Belgium

RFC-Tournai.png

R.F.C. Tournai - 2013/14 - Belgium Third Division Group B

Manager Profile

Club Info

Facilities

I decided to give this a go in Belgium. I was unfairly dismissed in Iceland and I could not face going back there so I decided that Belgium may be fun as others are there at the moment.

I wanted a side with a bit of history and I chose RFC Tournai, they have appeared for one season in the Belgian top division but that was over 50 years ago. They won the Belgian Cup in 1956. I would like to recreate some of that success

I am struggling in everyway here. I am near the bottom and the board are not happy. My media prediction is 5th which is a bit high. I checked yours and its third so your board must have expectations to. I think I am going to get a scotland game going on the other thread.

tandragee-rovers.jpg

Tandragee Rovers- Northern Irish Division 2- 2013/14

Me

Facilities

General Info

I have been really bad at the last couple of attempts of challenges on here in the past couple of days, so I have come back to Gundo's and to Northern Ireland

League Table

League Positions Graph

We began the year in great form and in the early stages even looked like we may be able to challenge for a promotion, I should have known it was too good to be true and that I never had a chance, in truth I just about managed to stay up due to more teams being a lot worse than us

Cups - we were not really great in any cup going out in the early rounds of all, except the Ulster Cup where we did ok

Intake - great intake a couple players have got potential to become top flight players

Squad - just about enough faces but in desperate need of a little more depth and quality

Transfers - nothing leaves as we try and get as many new faces in as possible

Finances - rubbish

Season Stars:

Andrew Donaghy - the best player at the club this year solid centre half and captain for most of the season.

Conner Henry - decent enough keeper seems ok for this level and did pretty well for me

Johnny Donaghey- forward who came in part way through the season, he played well just needs to score more, especially when you consider he got a hattrick in one match

Career Overview

Season              League              Position       Europe          Achievements
2013/14              N.I Division 2       12th           N/A              Stayed Up

Next Season

Did really well this year and I am very pleased, next year I will expect small improvements again both in the league and in the squad

RFC_de_Liegravege_Logo.png

R.F.C. de Liège - 2013/14 - Belgium Derde Klasse A

Expectations met

League Table - Past Positions - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

Of the Liege side that won promotion before I took charge, I deemed only two of them really good enough to hold down a first team spot for the upcoming Derde Klasse season - defender Gaetan Audoor and Dutch winger Nathaniel Cathalina. That meant the early days of my management were essentially a mass recruitment drive, which resulted in a total of 13 free transfers and 9 loan signings.

Transfers

We started off inconsistently as would be expected with so many new players, and it took about 12 games before we began to look like one of the division's better teams. A strong run over Christmas brought us into the title race, and a late falter from VW Hamme allowed us to clinch top spot despite three defeats in our last 5 matches.

The board had demanded promotion and it was duly provided, but not without concern. Tiny attendences over the season have seen us losing money hand over fist, leaving us some £2 million in the red at the end of the season. I'm left hoping that next season I can rely on our current recruits and more loanees as I don't see us having a transfer budget to work with.

Squad Stats

The goals of Frederic Gounongbe, on loan from Zulte Waregem, make him the standout performer. With his contract up in the summer, I've managed to sign him permanently on a free (likewise Zakaria M'Sila from AA Gent).

Youth candidates 2014

Not much to write about here, no players tagged.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Derde Klasse A  |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion!    | Frédéric Gounongbe (27)

tandragee-rovers.jpg

Tandragee Rovers- Northern Irish Division 2- 2014/15

League Table

League Positions Graph

A decent season this year as we improved on last year. It may not look like much but I was really much happier with the performance this year. We never really looked in any danger of the drop and spent most of the year in the top half of the table. A bit of a poor end to the season meant that we perhaps could have finished a little bit higher but all in all I am happy

Cups - another ok season in the cup with a particular highlight in the Munster cup, the other cups I did what was expected

Intake - another great intake but that just says more about my squad I think

Squad - the quality in the squad is slowly coming together, decent squad at this level

Transfers - as always in the early days at this level the turn over of players is huge.

Finances - rubbish

Season Stars:

Andrew Donaghy - fast becoming some what of legend at the club another season of quality from my captain.

Stefan Gourley - a tricky little winger who did not get much game time last year but really improved this year

Johnny Donaghey- a solid season from a player who began the year as the number three striker, he has really given me food for thought in the summer

Career Overview

Season              League              Position       Europe          Achievements
2013/14              N.I Division 2       12th           N/A              Stayed Up
2014/15              N.I Division 2       10th           N/A              N/A

Next Season

Next year I think I may be subject to some sort of takeover bid as the chairman is now willing to listen to offers. I would like to continue to improve the position in the league and the squad. Mainly I would like to continue to enjoy this save

Good progress ashton, keep it up :thup:

The transfer window has just closed in my second season, and I've brought in 11 players on loan. I'm the Watford of the Belgacom League.

Nice one, hopefully you don't suffer play off defeat like Watford. I am part way into season 3 and it is looking like another small step of progress may be taken this year. Not looking enough to get promotion though, but it will come

No not yet, I am thinking maybe Holland or Denmark.

Iceland I was unlucky but I was being a bit horrible towards the board.

Belgium it was just a took a high level non league side on and they expected a lot and I did not deliver.

N Ireland I never really kicked on like I should have

I have been speaking to Gundo and I wanted to check peoples thoughts on doing a side thread.

It would be the same as this but would allow databases for non playable leagues, ie Andorra, San Marino, Latvia and such

If anyone is interested I have got permission from Gundo to get it going. Let me know your thoughts

R.F.C. de Liège - 2014/15 - Belgacom League

Ouch

League Table - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

With last season's squad consisting of a large number of loan signings, it was immediately obvious that I needed a busy summer to strengthen the team to make us competitive in the Belgacom League. Two players who were on loan here last year were signed permanently, whilst a further 12 players were brought in on season-long loans.

Transfers

We were pleasantly surprised to find that the standard of football in the Belgacom League wasn't much higher than in Derde Klasse, and we quickly established ourselves as one of the better sides. A strong run of form in the Second Period secured us a playoff spot, though we kept on the coat-tails of Visé until the final day of the season hunting automatic promotion.

Going into the final day, we were level on points with Visé, knowing promotion could be secured if they slipped up. Slip up they did, losing 2-1 and leaving the door to the Jupiler league wide open. Unfortunately, we failed to take advantage, losing 1-0 at home when even a draw would have been enough.

So into the promotion playoffs we headed, to play a mini-league against Cercle Brugge, Union SG and Lierse. Two draws, two wins and one defeat left us top going into the final day, needing to match Union SG's result to clinch promotion. Again, it just wasn't to be, as we fought out a 3-3 draw away to Lierse, Union SG eased to a 3-1 win over Cercle to leave us to face a second season in the Belgacom League.

Promotion Play-off table

Missing out on promotion twice was tough to take, but for our first season in the Belgacom League, we can't have too many complaints. The board are satisfied, having asked for a top-half finish.

Squad Stats

One man, Nick Van Belle, stands out above all others this season, scoring 30 goals in 38 appearances.

Youth candidates 2015

Nothing special again, though I'll keep an eye on Lamboley's development.

Season  |      League     | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Derde Klasse A  |    1st    |   4th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion!    | Frédéric Gounongbe (27)
2014/15 | Belgacom League |    2nd    |   6th Rnd  |     -       |   2nd in play-off  | Nick Van Belle (28*)

[i]*includes goals in play-off matches[/i]

So the board are satisfied, but there's one big fat elephant in the room that I've largely avoided discussing so far, which is our ever-increasing debts. The board secured a £4.4m loan to temporarily return us to the black, but it's only a matter of time before we're plummeting into negative figures again. The only way out of this downwards spiral is promotion to the top flight, the quicker the better. With our wage budget certain to be no bigger (and probably smaller) than last year, we're going to be heavily reliant on loans again. At least we're not alone in this mess: 47 league clubs (out of 70) have 'insecure' finances, whilst two are currently 'in debt'. I can only see that figure increasing.

I feel that's an inevitability. It just doesn't feel like there's any way to make the club sustainable (other than rapid promotions and getting into Europe). Last month, our income totalled £68k, which just covered the amount we pay in loan repayments and interest, before we even start thinking about wages. We're getting so little money from gate receipts - our average attendance this season is 50 people less than the number of season tickets we sold - essentially only season-ticket holders are turning up for matches, and not even all of them!

At least it looks like there's no points deduction for going into administration...

R.F.C. de Liège - 2015/16 - Belgacom League

Debts overshadow promotion

League Table Past Positions - Finances - Club Info - Facilities

Once again, we brought in several players on loan, with a couple signed on free transfers.

Transfers

We started the season strongly, and secured a play-off spot by being top after the first period. A midseason dip in form brought Antwerp, Lierse and Sint-Truiden into the title race, which went down to the final day. Needing a point away to Tournai to clinch the title, we kept things tight before scoring two late goals to seal promotion to the Jupiler Pro League.

Keeping things tight was a theme of this season, as we finished with the best defence, conceding a miserly 14 goals in 34 games.

Squad Stats

Nick Van Belle and loanee Daniel Rodrigo de Oliveira shared the goalscoring duties, whilst the defence was marshalled excellently by Toon Lenaerts and mid-season recruit Sergio Miralles.

Youth candidates 2016

Again, pretty poor.

2014/15 | Belgacom League |    2nd    |   6th Rnd  |     -       |   2nd in play-off  | Nick Van Belle (28*)
2015/16 | Belgacom League |    1st    |   6th Rnd  |     -       |      Promotion!    | Nick Van Belle (15)

[i]*includes goals in play-off matches[/i]

As ashton predicted, rumours of administration are abound. Not helping matters is a compulsory stadium upgrade to install undersoil heating, costing a wincing £2.5m. The club have once again restructured our debts into another loan - we now have loans totalling £9.2m, with repayments of £56.5k/month. One glimmer of hope is the healthy boost in season ticket sales we've experienced over the summer, which has brought in nearly £1m.

On the other hand, the sorry state of our finances mean our wage budget is just £16k/week, with the board ridiculously asking for midtable safety. I think the end of my journey with Liege is nearing...

Archived