The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

The Sammarinese Challenge

San-Marino-Flag.png

The Idea:

Ok so I haven’t seen this challenge around for a while and I thought it should be put up and enjoyed for FM13. The aim of the challenge is to take over San Marino Calcio, who are currently in the Italian C1/A and are predicted to finish 16th (out of 17), and guide them up the leagues to glory whilst also guiding the San Marino National Team to similar glories.

Impossible I hear you say! Fear not, it’s been done before and there is a relatively simple theory in place to help you achieve it:

- By using the Club you can get Sammarinese youngsters which you can mold into the future stars of the NT.

- By climbing up the leagues you can improve your finances and subsequently improve Youth Facilities which will lead to better Sammarinese Youths.

- Better Sammarinese Youths means a better NT and potential for future success.

The Club:

Never really reaching higher than the League they are currently in San Marino are a club with little History leaving plenty yet to be written. They are the only club from San Marino to play in the Italian Leagues and are the only professional side in San Marino.

This is how the Club looks overall, facility-wise and information-wise.

The Rules:

• No Limits on how many leagues you can load.
  • No FMRTE or Genie Scout whatsoever.
  • Once you’ve been sacked by the Club, the Challenge is over and you have to start again.
  • Don’t have to start immediately with NT you can wait for as long as you would like.
  • You can add Edited in Leagues such as the Sammarinese League.
  • FMC can be used in this but you have to mention that you are using it.

Thread Rules:

Screenshots are allowed but none should be embedded due to making the page slower to load so please post them as hyperlinks to Imageshack or another photo hosting website.

Player Naming is allowed along with talk about Tactics but no talk on downloadable tactics. Not forbidden just frowned upon. Slightly.

When joining the Challenge please post a photo of your Manager’s Profile.

Once you’ve done a season please can you post a short summary of your progress showing the key things with Screenshots(e.g. Squad Stats, League Table, Youth Intake etc.)

Setting Up:

Right so after picking whatever leagues you want it is highly recommended that you add the players of Sammarinese Nationality along with players from Italian Serie D. It should look something this.

After that you need to post a screenshot of your manager’s profile.

And then you’re done! It’s a hard challenge that takes a while to get any type of success (mainly regarding the NT) so I’m not expecting anything stunning straightaway. But I’ll be happily proven wrong... Good Luck and Forza Titani!

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see someone resurrecting this - I think it was one of the original challenges around here. :)I last attempted this on FM08 I think, getting only as far as Serie B. Once I've completed/given up on the ther challenges I've started, I may well give this a go. :thup:

Think it was 07 or 08 I got the domestic team to the top of the pyramid, never quite cracked things with the national team... well, world cup quarter finals and 7th in the world isnt BAD, really, is it? ;)

I was planning on just starting a San Marino game to mess about and get used to the game, and discovered this thread... hmm...

All I can say is if you do crack it (like Oktober seemed to!) it is one of the hardest challenges to do and it would be a huge achievement. Due to a lack of time and commitments with other challenges I feel linked to I haven't actually done much with this. It's well worth it if anyone is up for it though!

If I win Serie A with San Marino, can I qualify for Europe as an Italian representative or will I have to win a Sammarinese cup?

As an Italian Representative. You play in the Italian competitions but are based in San Marino.

Great to see this back, I have to admit, I was thinking of bringing it back this year too. Excellent to see someone had the same idea. I have yet to get into the new game at all, once I do, this will be on the list.

I am tempted by this, would be my first ever attempt at a challenge like this.

Do I have to make my nationality Australian or can I be Sammarinese?

Do you have to manage both the club and nation when you win the competitions or can you manage the club to glory and then take over the national team?

I am tempted by this, would be my first ever attempt at a challenge like this.

Do I have to make my nationality Australian or can I be Sammarinese?

Do you have to manage both the club and nation when you win the competitions or can you manage the club to glory and then take over the national team?

You have to be Sammarinese as it affects the youth intake but you can have Australian as a Second Nationality. And it's up to you. It's harder if you start with both but personally I prefer building up the Club and then after a few years, and hopefully some decent intakes, taking over the NT.

so if you don't start as NT coach, you can get hired later?

Yes through merit. I've had it in the past that the FA didn't sack the NT manager which if it were to happen you can just create a new profile, make that one manager then retire and apply for the now vacant position with your actual profile, which is what worked for me.

Decided to give this a go, always fancied and never tried. Took on the NT job from the outset, no other reason than i fancied trying it.

Have strengthened club side considerably with the help of some good scouting and off to a nice start in the league. Only problem is that i cant afford to play any of my san marinese players as i want to get promoted quickly to improve facilities.

Managing the NT is brutal. 3 games in and i think i have had one shot on target across all 3 games!

Been ages since I took on this challenge- took on the NT challenge seperately later. I had much better luck with pure San Marino club challenge- got them to contend in Serie A- but the best I could do with NT was qualify for WC Play-in (Lost) one time. I believe I will try this with FMC, been looking for something to do with Classic :)

Well, I'm started on the challenge. Decided to use full FM2013 (instead of FMC). I was rather surprised by the horde of staff on the club- the first thing I trimmed was at least 10 and we are still well over Board outlook expectations on staff. I am going to start off without the NT for now, will worry about that after getting more established with the club.

Thanks TWFL for putting the challenge back up- I had missed playing San Marino in the last three or four versions of the game- it is nice to be back in Italy :)

Great to see some people starting.

Jambo98 - Definitely much harder with the NT but it'll be more fulfilling when you win the World Cup with them! :cool:

Bill_Strevros - Good luck mate. Keep us up to date!

Faramir - Always been a big fan, just glad others are around to join in! And yeah that's something I noticed about the club, sacked most of the staff myself and brought in better quality. Anyway good luck with it!

FYI, after being busy for a while I've finally got some time to play. Already done two league games which were both lost (!) but plenty of time to go. Interesting to see how everyone compares!

San Marino / San Marino Challenge - Season 1

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png320px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg.png

Apologies in advance, this isnt a detaild write up but giving the bare bones for season one as didnt take many/any screenies and it wasnt a memorable season!

Club level

Inconsistent, unremarkable, mediocre............we managed to amble our 10th in the league, a semi respectable position given expectations, but in reality 21pts off the promotion play offs and only 3 off the relegation play offs. Signed a good looking Argie striker - Federico Laurito and a few loanies. Towards the of the transfer window our scouts uncovered an amateur Belgian Mike Da Silva (great name!) and he turned out to be out best player. In January loaned Gonzalo Barreto from Lazio who helped us pick up enough points to survive. Couldnt settle on a tactic all season and also made a few signings which didnt work out so well.

Like someone above mentioned, wtf is with the massive staff at the game. Its about 4 times what the board would allow. Got rid of most, brought in a few replaecments including 3 scouts with decent knowledge base.

Our youth intake was mixed - in that i got one great player and the rest absolute dross (dont have a screenie but it was one 5 star, the rest all one star or half star). Details of the great player in the international update below!

League table

National Team

Oofft. Our first 7 games involved 34 goals shipped, zero scored, and a grand total of about 4 shots on target across all games. Then came something amazing. A friendly against Hong Kong. We were losing one nil, giving up a fair few chance as ever, when suddenly we broke forward.........our AMC (Mezza) found himself through on goal, chipped the keeper......hits the bar.......keeper is on the ground, the ball bounces loose, Mezza is chasing it in with a defender, he can smell our first national goal......slides in............and its a GOALL!!!!!! Unfortunately the defender put it in, meaning we technically still havent scored.........but hang on, 5mins later we have the ball in the opposition half, our DMC manages a through ball to the ever green legend Andy Selva, 30 yards out with a bit of space and the keeper well of his line, he hits it..............GOAAALLLL! A bona fida San Marinese goal!!!!!!!!

Amazingly, we held on to win. Now Hong Kong might not be much good, but they are ranked 159th in the world, some 50 places above us!

The amazing miracle result

The other interesting news was a very good looking youth prospect though the club ranks, and he is San Marinese. He is also eligible for Italy which worried me, so i called him up as soon as he had signed a contract with the club and he accepted the call up, and was immediately capped. He is rated as one of our best national team players already, and club staff think he could even be a Serie A striker in the future! Annoyingly he is a forward, and we already have Selva who is still class and Steffanelli who looks a great prospect. 4 - 3 - 3 for San Marino anyone..........

Willam Matteoni

Season 2, i hope to push the club towards playoffs and maybe score another goal for the NT if i am lucky! looong way to go. Matteoni might be an absolute Gem, but there was not another San marinese prospect to speak of in the game that my staff have found :(

Good luck to all in this challenge. I have a soft spot for San Marino, so if I manage to complete Gundos challenge I will try this.Did a save with Tre Penne on FM 11 ( san marinese league) can recommend that experience. Lot of fun.Jambo, great result against Hong Kong. Matteoni looks great, hope you will push for promotion next season.

Jambo - Solid start with the Club. What's Laurito like? Almost bought him on my save.. Great stuff with the NT, Matteoni looks quality for Sammarinese level. Congrats with the win vs. Hong Kong, that's a huge upset!

Laurito looks good attributes wise and did a solid job but i couldnt settle on a role for him. I keep going back to Poacher because i had such success in 12 with it, but its not working this year. He also lost playing time when i got barretto on loan as he was a class above.

I would say the NT win was a complete fluke......nothing but heavy loses since. Keeper seems unable to even dive to attempt to save any shot hit on target........

For season 2 i am hitting the loan market hard :D Also signed an FM legend from years ago - Gaetan Tomas Guzman (used to sign him from Juve, was a legend!).

Laurito looks good attributes wise and did a solid job but i couldnt settle on a role for him. I keep going back to Poacher because i had such success in 12 with it, but its not working this year. He also lost playing time when i got barretto on loan as he was a class above.

I would say the NT win was a complete fluke......nothing but heavy loses since. Keeper seems unable to even dive to attempt to save any shot hit on target........

For season 2 i am hitting the loan market hard :D Also signed an FM legend from years ago - Gaetan Tomas Guzman (used to sign him from Juve, was a legend!).

I can probably see myself having to do the same thing, finances do seem to get hit quite hard this year. By the way, was Matteoni from your Youth Intake? Or just a regen you found?

I think I'll give this a crack.

Enzo Scifo

Last year I only got to Serie B:o

The best I've seen this done is on fm-base where somebody dominated the Serie A and got to the finals of the World cup!

Good luck! I believe that was Kandersson. Hoping that someone can at least do the dominating Serie A part. World Cup finals will be a bit harder..

Club 2012-2013

Coming in to a newly promoted team expecting to battle relegation, I was prepared for a tough run in. A few loanee’s from parent club Juventus helped bolster out stock, but we were leaking cash and shoring up the squad and staff as best I could to reduce this was not enough to drop over 100k a month. Despite our money woes and a small squad, we had a pretty good season with key players all over the park and over achieving by a long way.

With passing being our stronger option, I opted to field a 5 man midfield to cater for our lack of strike power, lining up generally in a 4-3-2-1 formation with high wingers and playing on the counter away from home. Galuppo and Fogacci were solid in Defence for us, while Paro and Poletti where our key members in the midfield. Paro played solidly in the centre to control the pace of the game, while Poletti topped the assists charts with some well placed crosses to the far post. Laurito was a bargain buy up front and equal top scored for the season with 11 goals while Coda proved a solid substitute, racking up 8 goals mainly off the bench. The team crumbled a bit towards the end of the season but we held on to our play-off spot, taking 5th place and getting Carpi in the Semi Final legs.

Heavy underdogs, we managed a very strong home win 3-1 with a full squad. Our away game was more defensive and it showed as we lost 2-1, our only goal on the counter, but it was enough to see us into the final verse Lecce. We managed to keep the scores level in the first game against Lecce which was a solid performance. We went in to the second game with a full strength squad, but away from the home and facing a tough Lecce squad, it was a daunting task. The superiority of the squad prevailed and we were hammered 4-0, but the effort for the season was absolutely amazing, and will hopefully lead to a stronger performance next season. While we didn’t get promotion, we sure did put up a solid fight, but will need to restructure the squad to reduce costs further. There have been a few average youth players, but no one stood out this year and more loanee’s will be required again next season.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck    | DrbPG| Sh T     | Yel       | Red  | Av Rat | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | PR   | Gianluca Vivan      | 37      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 70%  | 0.05   | -    | -        | 0         | 0    | 6.93   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   |      | Carlo Pelagatti     | 39      | 0    | 4    | 0    | 68%  | 5.94   | 0.41 | -        | 3         | 0    | 6.98   | 
| DCR  |      | Vittorio Ferrero    | 6 (7)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 66%  | 3.80   | 0.14 | -        | 0         | 0    | 6.87   | 
| DCL  |      | Alberto Galuppo     | 38      | 2    | 0    | 3    | 69%  | 4.84   | 0.19 | 57%      | 5         | 0    | 7.27   | 
| DL   |      | Vittorio Micolucci  | 11 (1)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 74%  | 3.98   | 0.45 | -        | 1         | 0    | 6.86   | 
| MCR  |      | Gabriele Pacciardi  | 33 (4)  | 3    | 3    | 0    | 76%  | 5.42   | 0.26 | 64%      | 1         | 0    | 7.02   | 
| MC   |      | Matteo Paro         | 30 (1)  | 4    | 8    | 2    | 70%  | 4.55   | 0.40 | 43%      | 5         | 1    | 7.21   | 
| MCL  |      | Salvatore Del Sole  | 25 (10) | 2    | 3    | 0    | 71%  | 4.30   | 0.15 | 35%      | 3         | 0    | 6.93   | 
| AMR  | Lst  | Marco Villanova     | 34 (3)  | 9    | 11   | 1    | 66%  | 2.27   | 1.13 | 47%      | 7         | 0    | 6.96   | 
| AML  |      | Davide Poletti      | 32 (1)  | 11   | 15   | 7    | 68%  | 2.30   | 1.28 | 48%      | 3         | 0    | 7.32   | 
| STC  |      | Federico Laurito    | 26 (6)  | 11   | 7    | 1    | 80%  | 4.05   | 1.96 | 50%      | 6         | 1    | 7.11   | 
| S1   |      | Mattia Migani       | 2 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 77%  | -      | -    | -        | 0         | 0    | 7.23   | 
| S2   |      | Ansah Derrik Owusu  | 2 (8)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 75%  | 3.95   | 0.30 | -        | 1         | 0    | 6.76   | 
| S3   |      | Giuseppe Ruggiero   | 6 (10)  | 5    | 1    | 0    | 70%  | 1.07   | 2.01 | 64%      | 5         | 0    | 6.96   | 
| S4   | Yth  | Mattia Censoni      | 13 (7)  | 0    | 2    | 0    | 65%  | 3.78   | 0.14 | 0%       | 2         | 0    | 6.95   | 
| S5   |      | Francesco Casolla   | 2 (2)   | 1    | 0    | 0    | 71%  | 2.34   | 0.47 | 80%      | 0         | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S6   |      | Alessandro Fogacci  | 21 (1)  | 1    | 0    | 5    | 72%  | 5.00   | 0.15 | 100%     | 4         | 0    | 7.36   | 
| S7   |      | Massimo Coda        | 11 (16) | 8    | 2    | 1    | 81%  | 4.84   | 1.26 | 54%      | 1         | 0    | 7.14   | 
| -    | Trn  | Emanuele Chiaretti  | 0 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 80%  | 0.00   | -    | -        | 0         | 0    | -      | 
| -    |      | Francesco Lunardini | 27 (3)  | 7    | 2    | 2    | 71%  | 3.89   | 0.26 | 59%      | 4         | 0    | 7.06   | 
| -    |      | Enrico Polani       | 0 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 86%  | 0.00   | -    | 0%       | 0         | 0    | 6.50   | 
| -    |      | Luca Pigini         | 15      | 3    | 3    | 3    | 70%  | 1.84   | -    | 50%      | 2         | 0    | 7.09   | 
| -    |      | Federico Mannini    | 22 (3)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 69%  | 4.99   | 0.35 | -        | 3         | 0    | 6.90   | 
| -    |      | Roberto Crivello    |         |      |      |      | -    | Backup | F/T  | £475 p/w | 29.6.2015 | £150K| No     | 

International 2012

I was also placed in charge of the national squad, which was languishing at a lowly ranking of 209th in the world. Things started promising with a solid draw over Qatar at home and a narrow 3-1 loss to Moldova. It was all downhill from here as Ukraine put 6 past us in a 6-2 romp, which were also our last goals of the year. An 8-0 thumping to England the worst of the season, followed by a similarly humiliating 7-0 to Montenegro left the team broken. A decent performance against Israel still left us with another goalless 4-nil loss to end the season, but our rank pushed up to 208th in the world.

A steep curve to climb, but hopefully this will happen over time, especially with the young Tiziano Colantonio entering the ranks of the national team at the age of 15.

Fixtures

| Date            | Time     | Opposition | TV       | Venue    |          | Result   | Competition                          | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Wed, 15.8.2012  | 19:45    | Qatar      |          | H        |          | 0-0      | Friendly                             | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Fri, 7.9.2012   | 15:00    | Moldova    |          | H        |          | 1-3      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8          | 
| Tue, 11.9.2012  | 19:30    | Ukraine    |          | A        |          | 2-6      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8          | 
| Fri, 12.10.2012 | 15:00    | England    |          | A        |          | 0-8      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8          | 
| Tue, 16.10.2012 | 19:00    | Montenegro |          | A        |          | 0-7      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8          | 
| Wed, 14.11.2012 | 19:30    | Israel     |          | A        |          | 0-4      | Friendly                             | 
|                 |          |            |          |          |          |          |                                      | 

Club 2013-2014

This time around we let a few players go and brought in a host of loaned players to counter the wage bill and keep costs down. Our biggest coupe wasn’t on the field though, it was in the back room staff, as we signed Italian Legend Roberto Baggio as a coach!

We loaned in a few players out wide, bringing Ruggerio back on loan and signing once Italian star Marco Marchionni to add depth and talent to our team. Our cup run this time around was much better, making it to the 4th Qualifying round and losing out to Sampdoria, earning around 26k of extra income form the tournament. Our Regular season also started out well with a win to open, but we became sluggish and inconsistent, with last year’s stars failing to step up on most occasions. Two beacons of lights came through from last year though, Villanova and Laurito playing key roles and top scoring with 13 and 18 respectively. Laurito took a bad injury towards the end of the season, forcing him out for up to 3 months and forcing some new loans in January to cover the workload. Francesco Di Tacchio proved an awesome signing in the middle of the pitch and topping the assist charts with 10. He took over from an older and slower Paro who failed to step up, while the backline remained our strongest and most consistent position this year.

This season was much more intense, with a playoff berth not confirmed until the whistle sounded in our last game. Game 32 of the season was against Padova who were 1 point behind us coming in to the final game and a loss would mean our 5th place spot would be gone. The match ended up 0-0 and looks boring on paper, but the tense moments where often enough to keep the manager and fans on the edge of their seats! We held on and moved to our second consecutive playoffs in the Serie C1/A League.

We had Alto Adige in the Semi Final rounds, who had been in good form all season. We started out well in the first game at home and played a cautious approach knowing we had to bide our possession for the right chance. That chance came late in the second half as we headed home a winner to win 1-0 and take the advantage in to the second leg. Alto Adige came out fast looking to quickly peg the aggregate score back quickly and luckily we predicted this playing a rigid counter approach to get the ball up to the now fit Laurito to give us the away goal worth a priceless 3 goal aggregate. The game was epic and full of fast paced action as Alto Adige continued to equal our efforts at every turn, but Laurito bested them with the winner on 75 minutes to seal a 4-2 aggregate win.

AlbinoLeffe were our opponents in the final this time around and they proved a more formidable team as they took a 1-0 win away in the first leg. We opened the scoring in the second, but they over powered us as they took the game 3-1 to win on aggregate 4-1 and gain promotion. Another decent season that has ended in similar fashion to the previous year and gives us another platform to improve on.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                 | Apps   | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Gianluca Vivan       | 5      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 72%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Alessio Luciani      | 32 (3) | 2    | 0    | 1    | 77%  | 5.58 | 0.31 | 100% | 2    | 0    | 7.11   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Vittorio Ferrero     | 41 (1) | 3    | 0    | 3    | 71%  | 4.97 | 0.15 | 75%  | 4    | 1    | 7.28   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Alessandro Tuia      | 19 (1) | 0    | 1    | 1    | 70%  | 4.73 | 0.11 | 25%  | 0    | 0    | 7.25   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Vittorio Micolucci   | 35 (1) | 0    | 2    | 0    | 74%  | 4.68 | 0.31 | 33%  | 5    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Stefan Ristovski     | 9 (7)  | 1    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 3.94 | 0.39 | 20%  | 3    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio | 23 (3) | 1    | 10   | 4    | 69%  | 5.31 | 0.45 | 22%  | 5    | 0    | 7.33   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Francesco Lunardini  | 35 (4) | 6    | 6    | 2    | 72%  | 3.84 | 0.44 | 42%  | 2    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| AMR  | Inj  | Marco Marchionni     | 20 (3) | 6    | 7    | 1    | 68%  | 3.34 | 1.13 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 7.03   | 
| AML  | Hol  | Marco Villanova      | 38     | 13   | 3    | 1    | 66%  | 2.22 | 0.98 | 48%  | 6    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| STC  | Hol  | Federico Laurito     | 23 (6) | 18   | 4    | 3    | 78%  | 2.50 | 1.44 | 58%  | 5    | 0    | 7.25   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Cristian Bernardi    | -      | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Simone Zaza          | 6 (19) | 4    | 0    | 0    | 76%  | 1.00 | 1.72 | 53%  | 1    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Rivaldinho           | 6 (15) | 2    | 1    | 0    | 69%  | 3.44 | 1.19 | 43%  | 3    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Daniel Ciofani       | 12 (4) | 5    | 1    | 0    | 78%  | 3.77 | 1.89 | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 6.96   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Carlo Pelagatti      | 37     | 0    | 5    | 2    | 71%  | 5.92 | 0.19 | 0%   | 4    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Bryan Olivera        | 1 (5)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 75%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.58   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Gabriele Pacciardi   | 35 (1) | 1    | 5    | 0    | 79%  | 4.91 | 0.12 | 29%  | 0    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| -    | Hol  | Davide Poletti       | 8 (9)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 64%  | 2.30 | 0.69 | 46%  | 0    | 0    | 6.62   | 
| -    | Hol  | Alessandro Fogacci   | 6 (4)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 66%  | 4.69 | -    | -    | 2    | 0    | 6.82   | 
| -    | Hol  | Massimo Coda         | 2 (6)  | 0    | 4    | 0    | 73%  | 3.36 | 1.12 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 7.10   | 
| -    | Hol  | Salvatore Del Sole   | 17 (5) | 3    | 4    | 2    | 70%  | 4.86 | 0.12 | 57%  | 3    | 0    | 6.94   | 
| -    | Hol  | Roberto Crivello     | 1      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 81%  | 4.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| -    |      | Mattia Migani        | 20     | 0    | 0    | 1    | 60%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.37   | 
| -    | Hol  | Francesco Casolla    | -      | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| -    | Hol  | Matteo Paro          | 9 (11) | 0    | 1    | 0    | 69%  | 4.42 | 0.21 | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 6.82   | 
| -    | Hol  | Giuseppe Ruggiero    | 8 (12) | 3    | 3    | 2    | 64%  | 1.45 | 1.45 | 100% | 0    | 1    | 6.93   | 
| -    |      | Gabriele Farina      | 38     | 3    | 3    | 1    | 70%  | -    | -    | 20%  | 0    | 0    | 7.14   | 
| -    | Hol  | Thomas Strakosha     | 38     | 0    | 0    | 1    | 69%  | 0.08 | 0.03 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.91   | 
| -    | Hol  | Jurgen Murataj       | 6 (3)  | 0    | 4    | 0    | 70%  | 2.03 | 1.66 | 0%   | 2    | 0    | 6.77   | 
| -    | Hol  | Mattia Censoni       | 1 (2)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 64%  | 6.26 | -    | -    | 1    | 0    | 6.85   | 
|      |      |                      |        |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

International 2013

I chose a relatively even friendly to start the year, but it turned out to be one of worst performances imaginable. A lowly Turks and Caicos Islands destroyed us 9-1 to start our year. World Cup Qualifications came around and we managed to to score one but concede 10 in the next 2 games. Our form picked up after this as we lost to Colombia 2-0 followed by a 2-1 loss to New Zealand. We lost our remaining 4 World Cup Qualifiers for the year, but got our first draw of the year with 1-1 tie with Chinese Taipei. Iceland rounded out our year with a 4-0 defeat to go our second year without a win. We moved down in rankings to now be 209th in the world.

Fixtures

| Date            | Time     | Opposition                | TV       | Venue    |          | Result   | Competition                 |
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Tue, 5.2.2013   | 19:45    | Turks & Caicos Is.        |          | H        |          | 1-9      | Friendly                    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Tue, 26.3.2013  | 19:00    | Poland                    |          | H        |          | 1-6      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 | 
| Fri, 7.6.2013   | 19:30    | Moldova                   |          | A        |          | 0-4      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 | 
| Tue, 11.6.2013  | 19:45    | Colombia                  |          | H        |          | 0-2      | Friendly                    | 
| Wed, 14.8.2013  | 19:30    | New Zealand               |          | A        |          | 1-2      | Friendly                    | 
| Fri, 6.9.2013   | 15:00    | Ukraine                   |          | H        |          | 0-3      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 | 
| Tue, 10.9.2013  | 19:30    | England                   |          | H        |          | 0-3      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 | 
| Fri, 11.10.2013 | 15:00    | Poland                    |          | A        |          | 0-5      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 |
| Tue, 15.10.2013 | 19:30    | Montenegro                |          | H        |          | 1-4      | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 8 |
| Fri, 15.11.2013 | 19:45    | Chinese Taipei (China PR) |          | H        |          | 1-1      | Friendly                    |
| Tue, 19.11.2013 | 19:15    | Iceland                   |          | A        |          | 0-4      | Friendly                    | 
|                 |          |                           |          |          |          |          |                             |

Club News

Sad news today as two players will be leaving us. Alessandro Fogacci and Davide Poletti have announced their retirement. Fogacci only played 24 games over 2 years under me but was first choice had he not sustained so many injuries. Poletti’s first season under me was master class, but he dropped very quickly and became a squad player this year and at 32, that was enough for him to want move into the backroom staff with us at San Marino as the u20’s Manager.

Club 2014-2015

At this level it is hard to tie down strong players, but we managed to get Di Tacchio on a free, who was our star midfielder on loan last season as well as Arturo Lupoli who was no longer at a club. We also tied up two very good defenders which covers the loss of Fogacci from last season, as well as a handful of loaned players to give us some depth. I opted for a 4-4-2 formation to allow more opportunities with two decent strikers in Laurito and Lupoli starting.

The season started out with a perfect start, going undefeated in our first 7 games, 6 of which were wins. The next 7 games were the complete opposite as we lost 5 of 7 with no wins and the lack of group cohesion was starting to show. We plateaued after the Christmas break and started to find a good consistent level, and put together a 9 game streak without loss. With 2 games remaining, we remained one point outside of the playoff spots, however our top scorer Laurito was suspended, and other than he, our other strikers had been quite barren this season. This proved true against a relegation battling Reggina as we lost out 1-0 meaning we were now 2 points behind Modena coming in to the final game against first place Cremonese.

We had it. We had the lead. It was 2-1 going in to the final 20 minutes and 5th place in the table. The playoff spot. Cremonese didn’t just fight back, they took the game 3-2 and not only sealed their title, but resigned us to our worst placing under me, 6th place and no playoff football. If we had held the lead, we would have taken it as Modena also lost their match, but it wasn’t to be.

Laurito was the star of the season with 30 goals in 32 appearances and getting the top scorer award with 28 in the league. All other strikers combined only managed 8 and the next closest in all positions was Di Tacchio in the midfield with 6. Di Tacchio was also our top assister with 14 for the season, 4 better than last. Despite our position, we were the top scorers of the competition with 64 goals and equalled our best total in a season of 53 points.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                     | Apps   | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Gianluca Vivan           | 23     | 0    | 0    | 0    | 71%  | 0.04 | 0.04 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Carlo Pelagatti          | 31     | 0    | 0    | 1    | 69%  | 4.34 | 0.29 | 100% | 1    | 0    | 6.96   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Alessio Luciani          | 34     | 2    | 2    | 0    | 76%  | 4.74 | 0.27 | 75%  | 6    | 1    | 7.22   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Pol García               | 23 (4) | 0    | 2    | 0    | 72%  | 4.95 | 0.47 | 33%  | 1    | 0    | 7.22   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Vittorio Micolucci       | 29 (1) | 0    | 0    | 0    | 70%  | 4.87 | 0.35 | 0%   | 12   | 2    | 6.87   | 
| MR   | Hol  | Marco Marchionni         | 8 (9)  | 1    | 4    | 0    | 66%  | 2.83 | 1.53 | 25%  | 1    | 0    | 6.68   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio     | 35     | 6    | 14   | 7    | 69%  | 5.78 | 0.62 | 53%  | 7    | 0    | 7.43   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Gabriele Pacciardi       | 31 (1) | 4    | 5    | 0    | 80%  | 5.17 | 0.18 | 46%  | 3    | 0    | 7.07   | 
| ML   | Hol  | Marco Villanova          | 22 (1) | 5    | 4    | 0    | 67%  | 3.09 | 1.08 | 43%  | 9    | 1    | 7.10   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Jonathan Alexis Ferrante | 8 (10) | 5    | 5    | 2    | 82%  | 2.67 | 0.96 | 75%  | 3    | 0    | 7.12   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Federico Laurito         | 32     | 30   | 7    | 8    | 80%  | 3.32 | 1.57 | 62%  | 5    | 0    | 7.72   | 
| S1   |      | Stole Dimitrievski       | 12 (1) | 0    | 0    | 0    | 57%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S2   | Hol  | Arturo Lupoli            | 9 (3)  | 2    | 3    | 0    | 71%  | 1.54 | 0.90 | 38%  | 0    | 0    | 6.92   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Matteo Paro              | 7 (7)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 82%  | 4.02 | 0.17 | 33%  | 0    | 0    | 6.88   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Mattia Censoni           | 0 (1)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 60%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.20   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Giovanni Caruso          | 19 (9) | 6    | 1    | 1    | 72%  | 3.44 | 0.34 | 56%  | 3    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Diego Simões             | 0 (4)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 63%  | -    | 0.00 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Nicolò Fazzi             | 6 (12) | 2    | 2    | 0    | 72%  | 1.93 | 0.96 | 50%  | 0    | 0    | 6.93   | 
| -    | Hol  | Francesco Lunardini      | 7 (13) | 1    | 2    | 0    | 75%  | 4.05 | 0.32 | 11%  | 0    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| -    | Hol  | Roberto Crivello         | 0 (1)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 78%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.40   | 
| -    | Hol  | Vittorio Ferrero         | 15 (3) | 0    | 0    | 1    | 68%  | 4.83 | -    | 33%  | 2    | 0    | 7.20   | 
| -    | Hol  | Francesco Casolla        | 0 (1)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 17%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.00   | 
| -    | Ctr  | Cristian Bernardi        | -      | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| -    | Hol  | Marco Petrassi           | 10     | 0    | 0    | 0    | 70%  | 4.47 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.91   | 
| -    | Hol  | Dejan Danza              | 3 (7)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 81%  | 1.94 | 0.83 | 29%  | 1    | 0    | 6.69   | 
| -    | Hol  | Marco Di Benedetto       | 0 (14) | 1    | 1    | 0    | 85%  | 1.22 | 2.14 | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 6.74   | 
| -    | Hol  | Leonardo Citti           | 1      | 0    | 1    | 0    | 74%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 8.00   | 
| -    | Hol  | Gastón Camaño            | 31     | 6    | 13   | 0    | 62%  | 2.92 | 0.90 | 42%  | 4    | 0    | 7.03   | 
|      |      |                          |        |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Awards

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Season Serie C1/A[/i]	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]     - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Francesco Di Tacchio (2014-15)[/url]

I've loved this challenge on previous FMs having once made Serie A as my best achievement :D anyway, how have you guys found quality of regens from San Marino this year? My main concern is never being able to produce decent regens down the track. Also are most of the clubs regens San Marino or Italian? Anyone had success upgrading youth or training facilities? Any responses greatly appreciated, thanks!

So far I have not had any stand out regens, but a lot have been Sammarinese. I have no money in the bank at the moment so have not had the chance to upgrade anything, but each year has shown promise so I think once I reach the Serie B I can start making inroads.

I am currently writing up my international update, where I won my first game and jumped a few ranking, so hopefully that will help the next crop of regens that come through too.

International

Our second game in was a good 1-1 draw with Iran, but once again proved to be a dismal display for the year as it was our only goal for 2014. We had some good matches against both Lithuania and Australia, who both beat us 2-0, however the European Qualification match against Ireland was an 8-0 humiliation which I hope the team will learn from and need not experience again. We seemed to come out better from this and lost 4-0 and 3-0 to Norway and the Czech Republic respectively to end the season. Our International ranking once again reached its lowest point of 209 coming in to 2015.

Fixtures

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 

International Awards

N/A

I'm a few years into this challenge...have just reached Serie B, but have realised that I can't manage San Marino's national team, which is what I wanted to do once I got my youth system up to scratch.

Now, I think this is because I didn't load all players from San Marino at the outset. I have no intention of starting again now...I've just invested too much time in this save.

The question is: is there any way I can now trick the game into letting me manage the national team through some add-on or quick fix?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm a few years into this challenge...have just reached Serie B, but have realised that I can't manage San Marino's national team, which is what I wanted to do once I got my youth system up to scratch.

Now, I think this is because I didn't load all players from San Marino at the outset. I have no intention of starting again now...I've just invested too much time in this save.

The question is: is there any way I can now trick the game into letting me manage the national team through some add-on or quick fix?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not any other way that I know of besides adding all players from that country. Might be worth checking the editor forums to see if anyone has a solution or work around you can use?

Since I do international by year, I thought it best to do them at the end of their "international season" so this post will be my second international season in a row as I am currently in the 2015-16 season. They are generally smaller so keeps the updates regular in between seasons.

International 2015

Internationally, this was San Marino’s best season under my management. We opened our campaign for the year with our first win ever under me in 4 years, in a narrow 2-1 win over Malta. We continued to play well with narrow losses over Denmark and Georgia, both of which were 2-0, until the Faroe Islands brought us back to earth with an embarrassing 5-1 thumping. We then earned a respectable 0-0 draw against a tough Ireland side to earn ourselves 4 points in Europe for the year, but we failed to score any more goals, losing our next 5 games as clean sheets. The worst of which being our final game, a 7-0 drumming at the hands of Slovenia.

We gained some tremendous positives this year with the win and draw in competitive football, but much more was earned from an International standpoint. We improved for the year on two occasions, moving to 182nd after our win, and then 171st after our draw, making it our highest positioning to date. We also have a great youth prospect, who also happens to be from our club side, in Luigi Bertolini. The defender looks the goods getting his first caps this year and has already improved with some limited club football up his sleeve.

A bit of a funny achievement as Andy Selva surpassed his own record for most caps. It seems like there is so little interest in the national team at the moment, that he had to congratulate himself!

Fixtures

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Most Caps[/i]  - Andy Selva       (74)
          - Damiano Vannucci (67)
          - Manuel Marani    (55)
[i]Most Goals[/i] - Andy Selva       (10)
          - Mattia Stefanelli (3)

Great stuff Leonavich with the NT! Huge jump up to 171 and Bertolini already looks like a starting CB for the NT. How's Stefanelli progressing? Seems like the most natural talent when you first start out. Unlucky with the Club stuff, Serie C1 is a tough league to get out of with only two spots open but keep it up and you'll easily be out in the next few years.

Well, I have just had some bad luck, I had finished writing up my summary for the season, with some good news in it as well, when I got a crash dump after the final game! The save is a few games back but already things are not going as well as they did previously. I am still in it, but it has been disheartening knowing where the team could have been and wher ethey may end up at seasons end. Will have the update ready today with OR without the good news :(

Club 2015-16

We were in trouble this year squad-wise. Laurito and Di Tacchio would be coming of contract and my attempts to tie them up where looking less fruitful as their interest had waned at this level. They were far too good to be in Serie C football any longer so my only hope was to push for promotion and hope to retain them at the end of the season. The risk being they would be available on free transfers. To help with this campaign I brought in a few familiar loanees from last year in attempt to keep any gelling we managed to get together last year. I also brought in a few fresh faces for the players who failed to make any impact or did not want to return on loan.

I kept the same 4-4-2 formation to start the season and it proved a bad choice as we continued our mediocre form which saw as languishing in the lower mid table spots coming in to November. 11th and a few points away from relegation, I decided to vary based on my strongest positions and opted for a 4-1-3-2 formation with a supporting DM and an attacking, advanced central midfielder in Di Tacchio. I started matches with overloading the opposition for a surprise and then looked to control the match if I had the lead after about 25 minutes, or keep the pressure on with attacking mentality if I was behind. It proved a treat as we went on an 8 game unbeaten run with 5 wins to move us up in to 3rd place by Christmas. This form also meant that Laurito and Di Tacchio where willing to listen to offers and I was able to break the bank to lock them in for 5 year contracts as they are going to be foundation players and stars of the team.

The New Year brought in a bit of a slump but we recovered to keep ourselves in a tight finals race. We managed to win a tight game verse champions AlbinoLeffe to cement a playoff position with a game to spare, and won our last game with 2 goals late into stoppage time to seal our highest ever point’s total of 59 as well as our highest placing of 3rd. Padova would be our draw in the Semi Final Playoffs and I was expecting it to be a tough battle. I was right when the first leg ended in a 3-3 stalemate. We had the advantage as the away team scoring 3 away goals and went in to the second leg perhaps a little too cocky as we conceded a goal early and took heavy pressure. We fought back and managed to equalise, putting pressure back on Padova to score. We sat back and let them do the attacking and took heavy pressure until eventually they slipped and we caught them on the counter attack to take the lead. They needed to score and pushed forward, while we played possession football and the cracks started to open as Laurito added to his total and Lupoli also scored to end the game at 4-1, with a 7-4 aggregate win.

Venezia were the team to play in the final. It was our third time here in 4 years and it felt like groundhog day. Venezia went in as favourites, coming 2nd throughout the year and they really took it to us in the first leg, forcing us on the back foot. We defended well and held out for a gritty 0-0 draw. We were heavy underdogs for the second leg with Venezia at home, but we had a full strength squad, with only Paro slightly fatigued after coming back from injury about a week ago.

Venezia took the lead early on to go 1-0 up and this really forced our hand ad we pushed everyone forward, Venezia seeming to sit on their haunches. Though we pressed, it was luck that saw us score to level with a deflection of their defender’s back falling to Laurito to slot home and make it level. We were lucky again minutes later when a ball whipped in hit a defender again for a deflection, this time in to the back of the net. With Venezia now pressing to get back in the game, and us on the defensive, it was a beautiful long free kick from Bertolini that saw us clinch the game, as a ball from our own half found Laurito unmarked to slot home the winner and make it 3-1 in the match and on aggregate and promotion for San Marino!

Laurito was once again lethal in front of goals, finishing with 28 for the season and coming runner up in the Capocannoniere, While Di Tacchio was his usual formidable self, getting 17 assists and 11 goals this season and taking Player of the season. We had 3 other players this year with double digits for assists, with Lupoli on 13, Laurito on 11 and Danza on 10 which shows we had good distribution from both strikers and our midfield. Danza was also snapped up permanently after spending 2 seasons on loan but the squad will need further strengthening to survive the Serie B.

We had a fantastic youth player for this level come through in Luigi Bertolini, as he got a few games in the league this year as well as making his international debut. Let’s hope he has good potential to become a more integral player for both club and country down the track.

League Table

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                     | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Luca Perozzi             | 26      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 62%  | 0.04 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.89   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Alberto Almici           | 36 (1)  | 1    | 1    | 3    | 66%  | 5.39 | 0.53 | 25%  | 6    | 0    | 7.06   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Luigi Bertolini          | 6 (1)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 72%  | 3.10 | 0.33 | -    | 1    | 0    | 7.30   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Vittorio Micolucci       | 37 (2)  | 0    | 4    | 1    | 65%  | 5.35 | 0.19 | 0%   | 6    | 0    | 7.02   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Alessio Luciani          | 41      | 1    | 3    | 2    | 75%  | 5.02 | 0.29 | 100% | 9    | 0    | 7.30   | 
| DMC  | Hol  | Francesco Lunardini      | 23 (6)  | 1    | 3    | 0    | 76%  | 5.05 | 0.39 | 22%  | 7    | 0    | 6.96   | 
| MCR  | Inj  | Dejan Danza              | 33 (1)  | 7    | 10   | 1    | 72%  | 5.36 | 0.36 | 46%  | 10   | 0    | 7.29   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio     | 37      | 11   | 17   | 7    | 69%  | 5.68 | 0.53 | 53%  | 8    | 0    | 7.65   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Matteo Paro              | 25 (4)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 79%  | 4.00 | 0.31 | 20%  | 2    | 0    | 6.91   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Arturo Lupoli            | 26 (5)  | 9    | 13   | 2    | 73%  | 1.71 | 0.34 | 48%  | 1    | 0    | 7.14   | 
| STCL | Hol  | Federico Laurito         | 40      | 28   | 11   | 5    | 75%  | 2.80 | 1.42 | 58%  | 7    | 1    | 7.46   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Gianluca Vivan           | 16      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 68%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.76   | 
| S2   | Hol  | Emanuele Allegra         | 6 (13)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 5.45 | 0.42 | 100% | 0    | 0    | 6.79   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Jonathan Alexis Ferrante | 1 (10)  | 1    | 0    | 0    | 71%  | 2.93 | 1.10 | 57%  | 0    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Nicolò Fazzi             | 9 (7)   | 2    | 2    | 0    | 76%  | 2.03 | 0.68 | 57%  | 0    | 0    | 6.89   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Pol García               | 38 (2)  | 4    | 0    | 1    | 76%  | 5.10 | 0.31 | 100% | 3    | 0    | 7.22   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Marco Villanova          | 12 (16) | 2    | 4    | 1    | 72%  | 2.34 | 0.55 | 42%  | 2    | 0    | 6.87   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Stefano Padovan          | 12 (21) | 6    | 1    | 1    | 72%  | 2.46 | 0.34 | 50%  | 1    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| -    | Hol  | Gabriele Pacciardi       | 20 (5)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 76%  | 5.14 | 0.15 | 43%  | 2    | 1    | 6.98   | 
| -    |      |                          |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Player Awards

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Season Serie C1/A[/i]	- [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url][/b]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]     - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito (2014-15)[/url]
                               - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b], [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])

Club Achievements

[i]Highest League Placing[/i]         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/824/recordposition.jpg/"]3rd Serie C1/A (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Most League Apperances[/i]         - Simone Berardi 160 (N/A)
[i]Most League Goals[/i]              - Frederico Laurito 78 (2015-16)
[i]Highest Transfer Fee Paid[/i]      - Marco Villanova, Atalanta £1,000 (2013)
[i]Highest Sammarinese Transfer[/i]   - N/A
[i]Highest Attendance[/i] 	       - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/195/crowdrecord.jpg/"]4,981 (2015-16)[/url]

Well despite announcing I was starting this challenge I really did not start it, only got the job and did nothing, kept with my other game until that went badly. Anyhow I have started properly now. Had a good start to the first season, 3 wins, 2 draws but I am sure that is going to change very quickly.

As someone else said I have culled most of the staff although could do with a couple more coaches if they allowed them. Also got rid of some of the loanees I did not rate or did not fit into my formation. Still well below wage budget, although might change as well if the season starts going badly.

Just thought I would share an awesome result, not just for the club San Marino, but good news for the National side.

A big win away from home verse Lazio where Luigi Bertolini got Player of the Match. Will update his progress later as he is really developing into a good player and he is only at the age of 19!

Luigi at 19

Just thought I would share an awesome result, not just for the club San Marino, but good news for the National side.

A big win away from home verse Lazio where Luigi Bertolini got Player of the Match. Will update his progress later as he is really developing into a good player and he is only at the age of 19!

Luigi at 19

He's really progressing. What's the coach reports on him saying about his potential? Good Serie B or better?

He's really progressing. What's the coach reports on him saying about his potential? Good Serie B or better?

Currently he is a good Serie B player but has the potential to make it in the Serie A - Coaching Report.

He is playing awesome so far this season, keeping us away from the drop coming in to Christmas. First player on the starting line up in the backline!

Currently he is a good Serie B player but has the potential to make it in the Serie A - Coaching Report.

He is playing awesome so far this season, keeping us away from the drop coming in to Christmas. First player on the starting line up in the backline!

Promising! Are you tutoring him? In previous FM's this has really helped with development, especially the mental attributes.

International 2016

Not really a year of much progress and this was also our first year without a single result. We lost all 7 games played this year with our best result a 2-1 loss to Lithuania to end the year. We took a 7-0 thumping from Spain, but overall, we have started to keep our losses to more respectable totals with only the Spanish result and 5-0 opening game loss the USA the real heavy defeats. With Bertolini now one of our key players, we are still lacking any other players of real quality, but the overall standard of player has improved in the squad. I intend to test the bar by running a few friendlies against teams who have previously beaten us but are around our international ranking to see just how much we have improved in the last 5 years. Our league ranking dropped this year, with a peak of 183 and sitting at 190 by the end of 2016. A good signing on the backroom staff though, in Andrea Pirlo! who will be working with the under 19's.

Fixtures

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Most Caps[/i]  - Andy Selva       (74)
          - Damiano Vannucci (67)
          - Manuel Marani    (55)
[i]Most Goals[/i] - Andy Selva       (10)
          - Mattia Stefanelli (3)

Archived