What makes you quit a save?

For me it's when the board set "Win the league" s their season expectations.

Takes away my enthusiasm somehow.

Also hate it when I get a promotion and the board decide to reduce my wageroll budget, whilst expecting a mid-table finish, or similar; yeah, right!

I think FM09 was the last time I quit a save game. It was because I was getting frustrated with the lack of progress I could make in Brazil and wanted to get back into a game in the English leagues, which was the save I had before my laptop died.

my longest safe was getting my favourit club out of the second polish league and afterwards (25 years later) in around 2040 :D won the champions league and it killed it for me

had no motivation to play any second longer sadly

I think you had earned it by then, we'll let you off! :p

For me it's when the board set "Win the league" s their season expectations.

Takes away my enthusiasm somehow.

Also hate it when I get a promotion and the board decide to reduce my wageroll budget, whilst expecting a mid-table finish, or similar; yeah, right!

Right .. "congratulations for doing what we told you to, now stop celebrating and focus on the next season". This should've been changed a long time ago.

One thing that happened to me a few days ago that made me stop playing was after one of my players got the red card, i made all 3 subs (10 players) and then some other player got an injury ( ..9..), and then another injury, and i finished the game with 8 players. Might be bad luck but it's still annoying.

I go into every save fully intending it to be my last, and I buy every edition of FM fully intending to only play one game for the whole year. It's only ever happened once.

Either boredom or I just feel like trying somewhere new. Sometimes it's good to be at a small club and see how far you can take them, and sometimes it's good to be Man City and buy every MF'er in sight without a care in the world.

So more often than not, the reason is a desire for a different and new experience.

The absolute worst scenario in this game is playing for a big, top-flight club. Board insist on winning everything, yaaawnn!!!!

I am only really happy starting with a 4/5th flight club & turning them into a good team. Onve thery're successful; yaaawnn!!!

Archived