The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesse Lingard has done well so far I think. Good technique, quick feet and good runs.

Would have been some goal from Berba on that Scholes-esque corner. He's done well in the deeper role today, though I'm not sure he'd be able to pull this off with the higher pressure and speed of the PL. Great player obviously and I don't really want him to go, but unfortunately this tour looks like his last hurrah for us :|

Fergie should be charged with crimes against humanity for leaving Berb out of the first XI for almost all season. What a fantastic player to watch!

Easy to say in a friendly against a poor side being played at walking pace. Yes he's technically fantastic, but we need to move him on.

"Higher pressure and speed of the PL":D

Its not his first season in the PL...

So this game's pace is a fair representationa of PL quality then?

He's an excellent footballer, any person can see that, but for whatever reason he doesn't grab matches by the scruff of the neck when things get rough, and ultimately that is why he isn't the right type of player for us right now. Will probably do very well in Spain or Italy where you tend to get a bit more time on the ball than in the PL.

some distance behing Berb you mean? Berb was running the show.

Like you said "was running the show". Has looked uninterested last 10-15 minutes. And that's basic what sums up his career for us: brilliant player at times but couldn't be arsed most of the time.

Edit: And then he does something like this. Anyone else feels this will be the defining season for Chicharito?

Berba was great in the first half, but disappeared a bit in the second. Kind of sums him up as a player.

First and almost only thing Shinji does is the throughball for Berba when he was offside. Good stuff, want to see more of that. Hope he can both score and assist 10 for us this season as he has done that for Dortmund (and then some).

Lingard impressed me most of the kids, but thought Petrucci did well when coming on too. Allright defensive display by the youths too, and some nice bit of skill here and there. They need some more composure as they tended to whack it away when it wasn't needed, but it's clear to see they have potential.

Hopefully Kagawa starts the next one. :)

Lingard looked really good today. He showed a lot of confidence and moved really well off the ball.

The thing I am looking forward to the most is seeing Kagawa and Bebe on the pitch at the same time :cool:

Archived