The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the news about Lucas Moura, what a signing that would be.

That video of him is brilliant, the lad has got some great skills with the ball and appears to be very strong nd could handle the Premier League no problem imo

ESPN Soccernet are reporting it here:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123694/manchester-united-close-in-on-lucas-moura-deal?cc=5739

Lets just hope Barca, Real, Chelsea and City wont put in a bid.

That video of him is brilliant, the lad has got some great skills with the ball and appears to be very strong nd could handle the Premier League no problem imo

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123694/manchester-united-close-in-on-lucas-moura-deal?cc=5739

Not a single quote or indication United are even interested in the bloke from that article. Just some general quotes from him about being open to play in Europe. Name out of a hat game, again, I suspect.

Oh no!!!

Craig might have just found his replacement infatuation for Hazard.

Time to wee all over this one as early as possible.....WE ARE NOT PAYING 30MIL FOR LUCAS MOURA.

My name is Icon...enthusiasm killer.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2012/Jun/larnell-cole-exclusive-interview.aspx

I know it's an exaggerated stereotype of Scholes, but couldn't help but laugh out at this line.

Paul Scholes has certainly been effusive in his praise of your talents..

I don’t want to get too big-headed but it’s nice when you hear it from him. Obviously, he’s such a good player and for him to say stuff like that is good for your confidence. When he was coaching with us, he never held back and went flying into tackles. It was good to learn from him and he carries on talking to us now even though he’s in the first team.

:lol:

What would be the point though? Behind the striker/winger is the last position we need filling at the minute. Kagawa/Rooney/Nani/Valencia/Young is enough. A proper CM is the place where we should be spending £30 million.

Someone like that would be worth signing if you have the money regardless, they're young enough to grow into the team. The problems is we don't really have £30m to throw at him. Probably made an inquiry to get the rumour mill going to back the IPO.

I will get Craig tattoo'd on my face (and call my first born son Craig to make the tattoo easier to explain) if we spend £30m on Lucas Moura

As will I.

Lucas Moura looks good but I can't imagine us spending that kind of money for him. His current club are probably trying to get teams to start a bidding for him and I doubt we'd be a part of one.

The rumour has been going around for about a week, that a delegation has been sent over to talk to his family who own part of his contract headed by Jim Lawlor. In some ways it fits Fergie's MO, signing a player before they play in a major tournament.

I still think it's a load of rubbish though, can't see us spending £30m before the start of the season, certainly not on a single player who's still so young and has only played on a different continent. Besides the fact that the positions he'd play in are probably our strongest and don't really need reinforcement. He does look like a special player though.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2012/Jun/larnell-cole-exclusive-interview.aspx

I know it's an exaggerated stereotype of Scholes, but couldn't help but laugh out at this line.

:lol:

The thing with the press is that they'll peddle this myth that moronic (albeit gifted) players like Balotelli are 'characters' that working stiffs should be in awe of and be incredulous at their amazingly wacky antics. The reality is that a character like Scholes is infinitely more intriguing, because you have no real idea about what makes him tick.

I'd far rather have a pint with Brian McClair or Paul Scholes than Gazza or Balotelli, put it that way.

The thing with the press is that they'll peddle this myth that moronic (albeit gifted) players like Balotelli are 'characters' that working stiffs should be in awe of and be incredulous at their amazingly wacky antics. The reality is that a character like Scholes is infinitely more intriguing, because you have no real idea about what makes him tick.

I'd far rather have a pint with Brian McClair or Paul Scholes than Gazza or Balotelli, put it that way.

As would I. Besides, Gazza strikes me as a complete idiot. Even before alcohol (further) destroyed his mind.

We should start to talk about Spurs, Gazza and alcohol for a couple of pages now :D

We should start to talk about Spurs, Gazza and alcohol for a couple of pages now :D

Don't be daft, ******** transfer rumours are far more interesting! I'm old enough to remember having a Bryan Robson Football Annual (!), think it was after the 1988/89 season and Robson talks about the United squad compiling the transfer rumours from the tabloids that summer and having a laugh about them. Think there was over a hundred players that United were linked to the club that Fergie had no interest in or had never even heard of. Nothing ever changes.

Err, that's a bit bloody nice. Must be a fake.

Interesting to see Arsenal and Chelsea linked with N'Zonzi over the past couple of days. Been pretty much my #1 target for us this summer, reckon he's exactly what we need - young, athletic, good ball retention and uses it pretty well from what I've seen, Premier League experience, and should be pretty cheap. Basically at the level of a starting DM for a midtable Prem side - ideal as an occasional squad option for us, as Butt and P. Neville were. No reason why he couldn't develop under us in a similar way to Valencia.

Piece in the New York Times about why the Glazers would decide to float in New York instead of London or even Asia.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/in-manchester-uniteds-i-p-o-a-preference-for-u-s-rules/

They are also filing it using last years financial accounts so they don't have to show the impact the loss of Champions league revenue had on the books.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/10/manchester-united-accounts-share-offer

Interesting that the fishal site is running with a story about Kiko being happy to be back. Maybe no new 4th choice after all then. Certainly worth giving him 6 months of actual football in his actual position to see if there is anything there or not.

Archived