Can a squad be too young?

2rlyxyb.png

29dz7ld.png

Okay so what I have above is my first team sorted by age and my reserves.

I was wondering if i was to sell the players highlighted do you think the team would be "too young" I mean with the money i got in from these player sales(I reckon over 50mil easily) I would invest is players below 25 with already 3.5* and with potential to grow.

Do you guys think this would work, or is it too risky?

Personally I dont see a problem with it so long as your young players have the good mental stats that are normaly associated with older players.

well then seems people don't think its too stupid. I have got offers in for:

Pastore: 39.5mil(Chelsea)

Hernandez: 24.5mil(Juve) 21mil (Levekusen)

Its becoming apparent nobody wants a 30 year old mata, not even for a bargain price of 10mil, same goes with Schelotto.

I would imagine it's because his contract is nearly up. Offer him around for his value, you may get something then.

Schelotto has over year and half left on his contract, which is annoying, if i can move on 4 of them ill have an extra about 250k a week. And got deals going for 3 players already, total cost 38million...cheaper than I am selling Pastore for.

quite a few times I had a liverpool squad with the oldest being 20 and still won the league title, both country cups & champions league.

This post should raise a red flag at SI. Its utterly unrealistic. Quality young players are obviously undervalued by the AI and likely players decline too fast in this game. Stats must be a part of the AI evaluation process to balance the game.

This post should raise a red flag at SI. Its utterly unrealistic. Quality young players are obviously undervalued by the AI and likely players decline too fast in this game. Stats must be a part of the AI evaluation process to balance the game.

Was just about to post the same thing. It should be impossible to compete for an EPL with a max age of 20. I think older decline less than FM11 but it is still to quick as far as i'm concerned.

Was just about to post the same thing. It should be impossible to compete for an EPL with a max age of 20. I think older decline less than FM11 but it is still to quick as far as i'm concerned.

Have to disagree. It just shouldn't be possible to put together a group of youngsters that could win it. As things stand its far too easy to grab the best kids, in the first few seasons especially. For some reason later in the game clubs ask for more money, but early on players with 180+ PA can be bought for £2/3m.

Here is the thing, why look at PA? Why not just look at what your scouts say, and what you think from their numbers? Playing it this way makes it a lot harder I would say.

I am yet to find a single 20year old who is fully "ready" for top division football, yeh players who can fit into a squad but not any completely ready.

Here is the thing, why look at PA? Why not just look at what your scouts say, and what you think from their numbers? Playing it this way makes it a lot harder I would say.

I am yet to find a single 20year old who is fully "ready" for top division football, yeh players who can fit into a squad but not any completely ready.

I have :cool:

But they are extremely rare. I've had a lot more players who weren't ready until they were 25/26.

I wouldn't want a really young squad as they more likely to crumble under pressure. I signed Lucio and he was my top performer last season.

I only ever check PAs on my own players. If you're a big club and your scout says 4 star potential and professional personality then they are pretty much guaranteed to be stars. The fact that this requires just a single report card, and most of them can be found through sorting 16 year olds by value, makes it too easy in the first few seasons.

Have to disagree. It just shouldn't be possible to put together a group of youngsters that could win it. As things stand its far too easy to grab the best kids, in the first few seasons especially. For some reason later in the game clubs ask for more money, but early on players with 180+ PA can be bought for £2/3m.

So you genuinely believe it is possible to win the EPL with an under 20 team? I can't see that ever happening. I don't know the PA of players as that information is unavailable without using the editor. Real life managers don't have the luxury of FMRTE as far as I know.

So you genuinely believe it is possible to win the EPL with an under 20 team? I can't see that ever happening. I don't know the PA of players as that information is unavailable without using the editor. Real life managers don't have the luxury of FMRTE as far as I know.

This here was exactly my thought. If fergie could see a new player and just go "lets see his PA" then do you think he would have signed some of the players he did? Would they have a full intake of youth players each year or just those 3 or 4 that have a high PA.

Football in the real world doesn't have these PA/CA numbers so why should we, stick with scouts, yeh they can say "this keeper is going to be 3 star, then he arrives and actually not going to get above 2 star, ubt hey these mistakes happen in real life. Do you think when fergie signed Hernandez he knew he was going to be as good as he was last season, I don't?

p.s sorry for the united references I am tired and its early.

Just one thing to remember, no veteran players = no tutoring which imo the best form of training for u18 squad (if you got a good tutor + compatible personality that is)

Good point and some of those high PA players may fall just short without tutoring.

Yes if they are all good enough. Probably would never happen since assembling that kind of collection of talent isn't doable IRL.

This here was exactly my thought. If fergie could see a new player and just go "lets see his PA" then do you think he would have signed some of the players he did? Would they have a full intake of youth players each year or just those 3 or 4 that have a high PA.

Football in the real world doesn't have these PA/CA numbers so why should we, stick with scouts, yeh they can say "this keeper is going to be 3 star, then he arrives and actually not going to get above 2 star, ubt hey these mistakes happen in real life. Do you think when fergie signed Hernandez he knew he was going to be as good as he was last season, I don't?

p.s sorry for the united references I am tired and its early.

If Fergie's scouts were as accurate as they are after one report on fm12 then he wouldn't have signed any duds.

If they are good enough...

My current team has an average age of 19 is looking like a good bet for the title. They won the league 2 years ago, then had a bad year last season finishing 2nd. We've also won the last 2 champions leagues. I've let a few older heads go every year, leaving my 24 year old keeper as our oldest player, but we look as good as ever.

If Fergie's scouts were as accurate as they are after one report on fm12 then he wouldn't have signed any duds.

I've had a few duds already relying on my scouts. More good than bad, but a few dodgy buys have slipped through.

Yes if they are all good enough. Probably would never happen since assembling that kind of collection of talent isn't doable IRL.

The thing is they would never be good enough. 20 year olds are almost never physically and mentally mature enough. They would get crushed by the older smarter tougher clubs.

My chairman does not get what I am doing and just put the whole project at risk. I had a 22 year old right winger I bough in 4 seasons ago, he was getting to the level I wanted him and just scored 4 in one match, quite pleased....next I knew the chairman had sold him to Porto!! argh you stupid chairman!

Archived