Neuchâtel Xamax

Hmmmmmmmm. Well they will still exist as a club (they have been excluded from the top flight of Swiss football for financial reasons), and demoted to the fifth tier of Swiss football.

But if you're taking a top-flight team out of the equation - who are you going to replace them with?

You can't have a team missing, but at the same time you can't just promote a club for no good reason.

I would hazard a guess that things might stay as they are until FM13.

Hmmmmmmmm. Well they will still exist as a club (they have been excluded from the top flight of Swiss football for financial reasons), and demoted to the fifth tier of Swiss football.

But if you're taking a top-flight team out of the equation - who are you going to replace them with?

You can't have a team missing, but at the same time you can't just promote a club for no good reason.

I would hazard a guess that things might stay as they are until FM13.

Yeah thats a good point, I thought they had just been striaght booted out the league, suppose demoted to 5th tier is as bad. I think you'll be correct with things staying as they are though :)

Depends on when it actually happened. I'm pretty sure in previous version of FM data updates have started a league with a team missing, I think Russia or Ukraine was one where a team stopped existing in FM11 or FM10, in the first season and an extra team promoted for the start of the second season to bring the number of clubs up to the correct number. It's caused a few problems with starting new games with the original database after the release of the new database and getting the error that number of teams in League X was wrong.

Depends on when it actually happened. I'm pretty sure in previous version of FM data updates have started a league with a team missing, I think Russia or Ukraine was one where a team stopped existing in FM11 or FM10, in the first season and an extra team promoted for the start of the second season to bring the number of clubs up to the correct number. It's caused a few problems with starting new games with the original database after the release of the new database and getting the error that number of teams in League X was wrong.

They were removed from the league half-way through the season, at the winter break. So whereas the first half of the season had 10 teams competing - the next half of the season is only going to have 9. Complex!

I think there should be only 9 teams first season and after that 10.

It is not that hard to code. Of course you need to start new game.

So Neuchâtel Xamax is not fixed before FM13 because SI wants make all fixes savegame compatible?

I think it is very hard to code the leagues to change the existing structures and have it automatically change the number of teams judging by previous posts from SI when people kept asking about the Australian league a few years back.

How do you know it's not hard to code btw? Or was you just making an unfounded sweeping statement?

I know because have some coding experience. Leagues structure changes can bee coded in.

SI have done it before why would it be too hard this time?

When have they changed the number of teams in a league? I've never know them do it. I've seem them post before saying it's really difficult as league structures are hardcoded into the game.

As you've experience in coding yourself, you'll understand that it's not easy then to change something that's hardcoded, no?

I cant remember a single case of SI changing the number of teams in a league for a season. I'm with Cleon its not going to be a simple task to change, especially when they cannot easily change the number of games in a league season, never mind the number of teams in that league.

When have they changed the number of teams in a league? I've never know them do it. I've seem them post before saying it's really difficult as league structures are hardcoded into the game.

As you've experience in coding yourself, you'll understand that it's not easy then to change something that's hardcoded, no?

Finnish league system in FM11.

I'm not saying that it is easy thing to code. But it is not too hard either.

HFC Haarlem was still there after the last 2011 patch and dissapeared in the FM 2012 version

As they went out of business in late January, then I guess that Neuchâtel Xamax will be treated the same. Really depends on how close it happened to this years data lock.

They did something back a few years ago with Romanian championship. It was the year before Romania went to 18 teams instead of 16. I remember that the game was according to real life championship changes, meaning the first season you got to play with the old structure (16 teams) and the next season there would be 18 teams. I think I wasn't dreaming.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived