FM12: Real Madrid - ¡Hala Madrid!

Harryseaess

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st of Jan (first season)... Just had my budget increased again- now £96m!!! Anyway, one of my targets Luka Modric has been the subject of a bid from Manc Citeh- don't like doing business in Jan but looks like I might have to make an exception here. Want him to put pressure on Kaka for the No. 10 (CM) role in my 4-3-3, as I'm finding Sahin a bit so-so to be honest.

Damn... Conceded my first goal- Albelda and it coincided with me dropping my first points in a draw against Valencia!!

Haha; 22 games into the league season and I've just conceded my 2nd goal, that's a strong defensive record though!! #theironcurtain

I am playing with 3 strikers.

Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema.

Ronaldo scores 54 goals in 25 games.

Higuain scores 22 goals in 26 games.

Benzema 16 goals in19 games.

I have also retrained di maria and kaka as strikers. And somethimes I play Jese.

The other key players where Alonso and Ozil at the central midfield.

I have just finished my transfers, for the first team only Raul for free and Otamendi for 13M.

Also bought some youthplayers.

This season I can only lose. Ill try to win everything now.

Yeah, I've not offered him a new contract and I'm coming to the end of the 1st season where it runs out- not sure I'll be offering him one either, I'm scouting all the 2nd half of the season to find a replacement CB (for him) and AM (as competition for Kaka, as I think Sahin is a bit pants!) manybe a LB as Arbeloa is my first choice at the minute, I reckon I can improve there (thinking Lahm atm)- any ideas for me?

Oh and if you need a CB to replace Carvalho then I can't recommend Samba highly enough- I know they're quite different in styles but he's having an exceptional season partnering Pepe at the back, and he'd be a great foil to Otamendi's lack of height.

I am using Coentrao and marcelo as my backs beacuse I dont play with wingers. They both do great, what kind of leftback are you looking for?

I am using Otamendi together with pepe at the back. Albiol and Varane are great at backup. And Varane is getting better and better.

I am using Carvalho as thirth backup because nobody wants to but him, his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Just Won the first 2 prizes of the season. The european supercup with 3-2 against Tottenham.

And the Spanish supercup with 7-0 over two legs against Granada, with our hero Raul returning with 5 goals in 2 supercup games.

Like I say, I use Arbeloa as my standard LB and Marcelo as the LB in games where I expect to destroy teams. I've retrained Marcelo as a LW and play him there mostly though, he's really good there!! I use Coentrao as my back-up currently, but he doesn't offer much different to Marcelo, only he's not as good!! Thinking someone like Lahm, and have Arbeloa as a back-up for real backs against the walls teams. My defense is soo solid, only conceded 2 goals with 5 games to go, so don't want to mess about too much, but I'm fairly sure I can upgrade Arbeloa.

Congrats on your continued success, and good luck with your plan for world domination :p keep us informed!!

I took a break to watch Man Utd vs Tottenham and the real Real Madrid spank Espanyol, but back to the game for a bit and I've got a semi final of the champions league (1st season) vs. Man United up next... Odds on Ronaldo (scored 52 in 32 games so far) going back and destroying his old team??

I took a break to watch Man Utd vs Tottenham and the real Real Madrid spank Espanyol, but back to the game for a bit and I've got a semi final of the champions league (1st season) vs. Man United up next... Odds on Ronaldo (scored 52 in 32 games so far) going back and destroying his old team??

That happened, after an early Manc goal, we came back and Ronaldo scored all the goals in a 4-1 win! 1-1 draw away from home in the 2nd leg sent us through.

Send me through to the final, which is my next game now, against Barcelona (booooring... I've already beat them in the super cup, the league both games and title race, and the Spanish cup final!!)!! If I win, that's a clean sweep of all the trophies possible to me :)

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol 2011/ 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leaguev.jpg

I must say here, that tally of goals against was 2 until late in the season when I had already won the league and started resting players- as was the defeated column... Sooooo close to an unbeaten season.

Transfers

transfersb.jpg

Season Best XI

sxia.jpg

Squad Analysis

squadh.jpg

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol 2011 / 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

tmrecs.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

trecm.jpg

Overall Best XI

First season: See ‘Season Best XI’

Finances

finhh.jpg

Other Stuff

• Going to be a difficult season to top, but I’m starting to formulate a plan to improve the squad; need an AM to provide stern competition for Kaka for that AM slot, no firm ideas of who yet... but some plans are formulating

• Got sick of Tevez already, moaning- getting sent off and then stropping about a warning... plus, he just isn’t that good (had a good champions league final though) but anyway I’m selling him and have already (pre) bought his replacement- a certain Mr Aguero for £39m!!

• Carvalho’s contract is up and I’m not going to renew it, he just didn’t impress in the later stages of the season... Need to replace him too- but if it’s anywhere near as inspired as Samba- then I’ll be alright.

• I’ve also signed Fellaini as I want to win the award for bounciest hair- with him and Marcelo, I’m on for it.

• The board has also been very obliging in accepting my requests to improve the youth facilities and junior coaching etc. fingers crossed I’ll get a few decent players coming through, but I’m not buying young players to chuck in youth sides in this game.

• The board have also decided to expand the stadium by another 14,646 seats... Not sure where they’re going to put them?!?!

• I’ve been handed a new 5 year contract by the club, sexy [probably means a HUGE payoff at some point!]

• And I’ve been handed a serious warchest- £125m &2.5m p/w wages!!!

• I went 54 games, 54 GAMES!!! unbeaten this season. Also, only conceded 9 goals in the league, solid foundations to build on.

Trophy Haul

Primera División: 2012

Copa del Rey: 2012

Supercopa de España: 2011

Champions League: 2012

Manager of the Year: 2012

Champions League Final...

[video=youtube;cFOywwoUkl0]

One thing I must say about this is that the penalty you see Ronaldo score is about 20 minutes into the game and the tackle that proceeded it saw Dani Alves get sent off, so they did have to play alot of the game with only 10 men. But still... Smashed!

I bought Kompany for a huge fee as my new center back, screw it, you're only Real Madrid once!! I also bought David Silva (£58m) as my competition for Kaka for the No. 10. Oh yeah, and like I said also signed Aguero and Feillaini. Brought in a fullback called Trasch and also (couldn't decide which one, so I've sold my existing 2 LBs and bought both- both very different to each other anyway, so I'll rotate) Cissoko from Lyon to plug my LB. And also De Jong from Citeh... Big spending, but like I say- you're only Real Madrid once, and well... I'm going to have to be going some to top that last season!!

• 2 weeks later...

Playin as real madrid. Had tevez for a season and he was awesome. However, i bought neymar but miscounted my foreign players. Should i sell tevez (nobody will take him on loan) or put neymar in under 19 squad or use tevez for the first half of the season and neymar for the second or vice versa? Thought of loaning neymar but not sure if u can loan in the same season as buying...?

who are people using as a replacement for Ronaldo?? He is awesome and i'm not looking forward to when his stats deplete and he chooses to retire or doesnt want to stay with madrid!

I was 3 years into my Arsenal save when Madrid approached, decided to take a chance with them and brought Van Persie and Vermaelen with me for a combined fee of 40 million. I also took The Ox on loan, with a future fee of 40 million which I'll be doing at the end of the season. Currently in March, top of the league ahead of 2nd place Valencia.

In the cups I was eliminated by a weaker Barcelona on the away goals rule, and I am currently in the QF on the Champions League, beating Inter 6-2 in the first round. Was thinking of going back to Arsenal for a phenominal Wilshere, but Ozil has just been immense for me

C138A71C2CE89C78B115EDFDC8D1B123809C6EF5

2CE954F08FED6713D2A9B33119DD180EB9B19C2E

• 1 month later...

Ive just finished my first season as Real, managed a League and Cup double, but got knocked out of the CL at the quarter final stage by Inter.

My squad looks like this:

Casillas/Adler/Adan

Ramos/Arbeloa Otamendi/Albiol Pepe/Papadopoulos Angel/Marcelo

Xabi/Khedira Javi Martinez/Sahin

Gotze/Di Maria Ozil/Muniain/kaka Cron/Neymar

Higuain/Benzema

Ive got space for 1 more player at the moment, but really have no idea who to bring in, maybe ill get a loan as back up just to fill the squad.

How much has anyone gotten for Kaka? im looking to sell him but nobody will bid, his wages are massive!

• 4 weeks later...

I came back to my Madrid save earlier, and I remembered why I stopped playing. I've built the greatest squad in the history of FM and it's just to bloody easy. I win every game like 6,7,8,9 (I even had an 11 earlier in the season) - 0.

It's actually killed my FM experience, I can't be bothered to play with other teams either as I'm always kind of aiming at building the best and then I just think... Why not just play my Madrid save... Annoying!!!

Getting towards the end of my first season as Madrid now. Had an OK season. Barcelona have completely dominated the league though, which has been frustrating. In 29 games, they've won 26, drawn 2 and lost 1 (and that loss was to my Madrid side), they're just having an unreal season. Messi and Villa are dominating, and with my side putting in a few disappointing performances here and there, they've run away with the league.

I am starting to put together a decent squad though, but have made quite a few big changes. I sold Ozil, Khedira, Kaka, Granero, Diarra, Arbeloa and Higuain, and using the money gained from selling those guys I've bought Neymar (my first signing, had a bid rejected, asked the board to negotiate for me, and a few days later got a news story telling me he'd signed for £68m :O), E. Torres, Nené (£3.3m bargain signing, been excellent), Vrasljko, Leandro Damiao, Sarabia, Hamsik, Adil Rami and Shinji Kagawa. With these signings made my First XI looks like:

-------------------Casillas----------------------

---Ramos-----Albiol-----Rami------------------

---------------Alonso------------------Marcelo---

-------------------------Hamsik-------------------

--Kagawa/Nene/Sarabia-------------Di Maria------

------------Ronaldo-------Neymar------------------

After about 10 games I started using Ronaldo up front with Neymar, playing as a DLF, and he's been amazing, far better than he was on the right, putting away 27 goals in 32 games. He's just torn his calf though, and is pretty much out for the last 3 and a half months of the season, so I've stuck Damiao up front with him and he's been a revelation, managing 10 goals in 7 starts, not a bad effort! Adil Rami has been brilliant as well. Cost me a fortune, £38m, but he looked so good in the game I played against Valencia I just had to sign him. Since Rami joined, in January, he's played 16 games, with an average rating of 7.56, scoring 9 goals in the process. He's just so imposing in the air from corners and free-kicks, he's been awesome.

I've got Sigurdsson, Fierro and Howedes coming in at the end of the season, and am hoping that with a boost in the finances from the yearly TV deal that I'll be able to buy Hazard to partner Di Maria on the wings. Nene and Sarabia have been good, but they're not quite CL winning material. If I do manage to get Hazard it'll mean I've ended up with a ridiculous number of midfielders though; Hazard, Sigurdsson, Kagawa, Nene, Sarabia, Hamsik, Alonso, Sahin, Altintop and Di Maria, so I am gonna have to get rid of a couple, and they'll probably be Nene, Altintop and maybe Kagawa (who's been pretty mediocre since I bought him).

Any tips you could suggest as to how I can improve my team further to match Barcelona? I just pray that if Pep leaves at the end of the season the new manager messes them up! I can't handle being destroyed again next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say that, that would be fun. Not my style of playing I used to love going to top teams full of money and buying everyone I could, now I choose to stick to the lower leagues and slowly building a team capeable of Promotion, feels more satisfing I think.

But good luck in your save mate, let us know who you go out and buy :)

Jose has just left in 2019, I've taken over and been given a 500 million pound transfer budget and 5 million wage budget. This should be fun...

Are Cristiano Ronaldo and Casillas still there?

Jose has just left in 2019, I've taken over and been given a 500 million pound transfer budget and 5 million wage budget. This should be fun...

Pffffffft. I think the board are holding back :rolleyes:.

Archived