The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition

hmm, yes, all these 'pandev, mutu to arsenal; kuzmanovic, diego to chelsea' won't be good for their teams. but the big buyers - chelsea and arsenal will be in opposite teams so it will be like a competition ''who will buy the less players who are aka 'always transferred to england' :D

hope you understood me :)

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of interest( but mainly out of boredom) i wonder if you could sell your whole squad before 10th August and if so how much money would you get.

I'm going to have a go with Aston Villa ( my team ) now and see how i do.

Once I tried to do it with Tottenham. There were no problems with Berbatov, King, Robinson etc. but with backup lads it wasn't so easy (with Boateng, Ghaly, Tainio), very few teams wanted them even for 0 euros. I earned ~120mil for this (Berbatov - 30mil, King - 25mil, Robinson 20mil, the rest - for peanuts)

Once I tried to do it with Tottenham. There were no problems with Berbatov, King, Robinson etc. but with backup lads it wasn't so easy (with Boateng, Ghaly, Tainio), very few teams wanted them even for 0 euros. I earned ~120mil for this (Berbatov - 30mil, King - 25mil, Robinson 20mil, the rest - for peanuts)

Yeah, i'm starting to see what you mean. Some players are wanted by loads of clubs. Others by not so many. Still if i manage to make over 100 mil i'll be happy

Yes, the beauty of it is that the AI doesn't know the tasks were being set. As this task only lasts until August 10th, real people would make any sales before August 10th and any purchases after August 10th when they don't detract from the score. But as it is the AI, you'll get a fairer game. It also allows me to use the staggered CA/PA system, because people don't really have a CA/PA.

This looks fb. Boro are short of decent players so I'm kind of hoping we don't flog the best ones because future challenges will be a shambles without them.

I think Cattermole is rated at around £20million sometimes though so that wouldn't be a bad piece of business.

Yes, the beauty of it is that the AI doesn't know the tasks were being set. As this task only lasts until August 10th, real people would make any sales before August 10th and any purchases after August 10th when they don't detract from the score. But as it is the AI, you'll get a fairer game. It also allows me to use the staggered CA/PA system, because people don't really have a CA/PA.

The AI will make it a better task. The thing that interests me though is if any teams will make a profit

It might be nice if the person who gets fired posts here a small post-game statement, a la the taxi journey.

Most of the clubs already have the players they need because it's an 8.0.2 edited database, so transfer activity should be less.

I don't want to post too much as I've already simmed the task and written the report - given the speed I now know I can do it we might be able to move the sign-up along a bit faster.

Guest mikeytwigge

im in a catch 22 situation. im derby so i have terrible playes so i need to buy but if i buy then im not doing to well for the task

canvey, if you have a chance to post results earlier, then please do it. i understand that you want all users to read the task and take a part in conversations, so next day is a bit too fast. what about two days?

Im extremely confused as to whats going on, if anyone could tell me when i actually need to do anything, so until then i'll just look at the results xD

You will need to send a couple of emails, but whenever I will require user input, I will prompt you.

I've been having a long think about the scheduling. If only there weren't 7 days in a week, it's such a stupid number :p. How does it sound if I post the task on Tuesday, report on Wednesday, then the next task on Friday, report on Saturday?

I've been having a long think about the scheduling. If only there weren't 7 days in a week, it's such a stupid number :p. How does it sound if I post the task on Tuesday, report on Wednesday, then the next task on Friday, report on Saturday?

That sounds good. It will give people enough of a chance to produce some banter, but it won't be too long a wait between tasks.

You will need to send a couple of emails, but whenever I will require user input, I will prompt you.

Sounds fine.

Archived