The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, weeeman27bob, Mistryman and spartans5 now need to email me a brief statement saying why they should not get fired. The deadline for this is tomorrow at 1:00pm, although I'm sure I'll have them all sooner.

The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition

The Boardroom

The three Blues shuffle into the boardroom, anxious as to Fabio Capello’s reaction to them having lost for a second consecutive time. They sit down opposite the Italian, weeeman27bob at Aston Villa, the Project Manager. On his right is Mistryman, the manager at Chelsea, and on weeeman’s left is spartans5, who is at Birmingham.

[highlight]Fabio[/highlight][highlight] Capello:[/highlight] So, a lot of disappointing performances all round, then. The Reds, they’ve gone swanning off to the spa with a second victory. What do you have to say about this, Project Manager? Why should you stay?

weeeman27bob: I didn't score the least points, or even the second least points for my team, infact if i hadn't lost to liverpool i'd have finished 13th. Other teams did alot worse than me. Birmingham only managed 1 point from three quire easy games against Portsmouth,Everton and Blackburn. These teams finished 18th,8th and 7th respectively. Whereas although Liverpool only finished 13th, I lost out to a strong man city team who finished 6th. My win came against Portsmouth, a team Birmingham just managed to draw against.

However, i believe worse than our performances was Mistryman's. A meagre 10th place with Chelsea is not enough. Chelsea are predicted to finish 2nd. They played some easy games against west ham and 'Bourough. They should have thrashed these teams yet only beat Bourough 2-1 and lost to west ham, a team predicted 15th.

So to sum up. Although i didn't finish very high, i performed much better than the other two candidates.

PS Don't be afraid to vote for Chelsea because they might do well. They'll continue their slump. Mark my words

[highlight]Fabio[/highlight][highlight] Capello:[/highlight] Consider them marked. Mr Hagrues, why shouldn’t I fire you?

spartans5: Just look at what I had to deal with we lost to teams currently placed 7th and 8th in the table and we drew against Portsmouth, a team that should be playing a lot better than it's current 18th place says. Therefore I think firing me would be a little premature as I feel we can still contribute to the team in later challenges. I implore that everyone think about what they are about to do and only fire me if you deem that there is no possible way we can win with me on the team. Thank you for listening.

[highlight]Fabio[/highlight][highlight] Capello:[/highlight] And you, Mistryman, why should you continue working for me?

Mistryman: I feel I should not be fired today because in previous tasks, I have done extremely well even when we lost and I feel as the chelsea manager, I have a lot more to offer for the blue team then the other candidates do. If you keep me, I will work my socks off and will make sure that the blue team will win all of the challenges that follow. The project manager was also abysmal and should be fired instead.

[highlight]Fabio[/highlight][highlight] Capello:[/highlight] You can’t all stay here. Kim Jung Fine, you’ve not been a good project manager; you’ve failed to lead by example. Mr Hagrues, you went without a win, and Mistryman, you’ve really underperformed…

The tension builds…

Who gets fired? It’s up to weeeman27bob, spartans5, Mistryman, mikey twigge, Mikel LUFC, Frazza Pee, uusinjsh, Robert_296, Living_Legend. The deadline for votes is 1:00pm Monday.

When we have a deciding vote. Living_Legend and Robert_296, I'm afraid I haven't received your emails, perhaps you might want to consider resending them. Other than that, I haven't received emails from spartans5, mikey twigge and uusinjsh, but there is still almost 24 hours to do so.

Archived