FM2012: The West Ham United Thread - Can we Hammer the Championship first time?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd season in and I'm there or thereabouts in the Top4...8 games left and an easy(ish) run in. Fingers crossed!

Have just inked Paco Alcacer to join in the summer on a Bosman from Madrid who haven't played him. ABout 8m in the red at the moment so getting into Europe is kind of critical if the team is going to move forward. Have tried to account for this by blooding some new-gens...have a great CB/RB who has now played over 40 games for me and has only just turned 17. Rather excited by him as my coaches still think he's going to be a 4.5* CB. Fabio is my right back now costing 5m and Madrid have already offered £13m for him but I'm holding out for 17-18m as he's my only good full back at the moment! (Have Insua on loan but he's injured more often than not).

how come everyone has great regens but me??? i am in my second season, and my best player was a 2.5* keeper, who serves no purpose to me... :(

I did try to improve youth facilities but this didnt happen due to lack of funds, however i did increase the stadium capacity by 500, so I guess this will improve income slightly, especially being in the premiership, where sell outs are more likely....

i am trying to decrease the wage budget by selling barrera and gary oneil, but Im having difficulty getting rid of o'neil! he serves no purpose, and never will, however he refuses a mutual termination, and no club will take him, even for free, due to his wage demands, but i do not want to release him as it will cost £1million in compensation....Ive just had a £1million bid for barrera which is great. Between them, they are taking up £75k per week! I couldve brought in Adebayor on loan for that! but there is still time if I can get rid of them in the january window, and acquire adebayor for the rest of the season!

currently floating between 6th and 11th on the table, which I am relatively happy with, especially a 4-1 win over chelsea!! :D but then we went on to lose against wolves and bolton,who are both in the relegation zone!?! makes no sense!

All I want is for those 2 players to leave to free up some money in order to acquire a good goalscorer, as carlton cole can't find the net, even if he was wrapped up in the net, he still couldn't hit it! He will probably be going in the summmer, unfortunately on a free, but only if I manage to find a decent replacement!

Peace out!

Just started my 3rd season and the team is coming together nicely. Won The Championship by a country mile and finished 7th in the PL about 12 points ahead of 8th. Well chuffed! My team is:

Green

Bandalovski

Wallace

Rhodolfo

Tomkins

Collison

Allan

Shaqiri

Wylde

Wilfried

Fierro/Cole

I managed to get rid of O'Neil and Barrera at the start of the 2nd season which freed up 75k in wages a week. Also managed to get Nolan down to 30k a week in wages when I offered him a new contract.

Fierro and Wylde are beasts for me, absolute beasts.

Start of the 4th season and my team is looking like:

ter Stegen (only cost £3.5m!!!)

Fabio

Taloi

A german defender whose name escapes me...lookas ace but he should do for £9m!

Rafinha (free)

De Jong

Collinson

Adam Johnson

Konoplyanka (won Players Players of the Year last season for me with avg rating of 7.88)

Wilfried

Marcus Berg/Alcacer

subs include

Barrera

Noble

Verratti

Insua

4.5* regen DRC

Tomkins

Green

Diekmeier

Fairly confident on top4 again as long as Wilfried breaks with tradition and stays fit. Tried to get Tevez who was on a free but he wanted £180k p/w, £11m loyalty fee, £18k apperance fee...so obviously a no go...he then signs for Boca for £10k p/w!!

Just started my 3rd season and the team is coming together nicely. Won The Championship by a country mile and finished 7th in the PL about 12 points ahead of 8th. Well chuffed! My team is:

Green

Bandalovski

Wallace

Rhodolfo

Tomkins

Collison

Allan

Shaqiri

Wylde

Wilfried

Fierro/Cole

I managed to get rid of O'Neil and Barrera at the start of the 2nd season which freed up 75k in wages a week. Also managed to get Nolan down to 30k a week in wages when I offered him a new contract.

Fierro and Wylde are beasts for me, absolute beasts.

Can you tell me the first names of Wylde, fierro, and your first 3 defenders please? :) unless they are regens in which case i will shoot myself! lol

Game date: 13.1.13

First season in the premier league!

Currently 12th in the league with 7 wins, 2 draws and 12 losses, 23 points!

MAJOR TRANSFERS

IN

Martin Skrtel Liverpool £5.5M

Xabi Prieto Real Sociedad £10M plus p/ex Marek Stech

Amauri Free Transfer

Darron Gibson Free Transfer

OUT

Sam Baldock £1M

Illunga £775k

Faubert Free

Matt Fry Free

Had a 4-1 win over Chelsea at home. 3-1 win over Liverpool at home, but unfortunately have managed losses to the likes of everton, wolves, fulham, bolton, and scraped a goalless draw with burnley!! knocked out of the league cup by a 2-0 home win the league 1 watford!! Just got Wilfried back from a 43 day injury! (this is why Amauri was signed) and averages 404.5 minutes per goal, with 20 appearances and 4 goals, whereas Wilfid averages 154 minutes per goal!

basically Cole has been shocking, and I am looking to leave renewing his contract right until the summer in the hope I can get a new striker to replace him! Amauri will most likely be going too, leaving Nouble, Wilfried, and Robert Hall.

In defence I have found thatJordan Spence has a 3.5* potential, so he is getting some game time now, with Parnaby warming the bench! i've got Skrtel and tomkins starting in central defence, with my midfield, left to right being McFadden, Collison, Gibson, Prieto, with Nolan and Noble on the bench.

Should be doing a LOT better than we are! hopefully with Wilfied back, for the next game, the winning will start again! :)

Anyone ever get taken over? Getting a bit frustrated with the Hammers as it's a little to realistic with our finances and it seems life will always be a struggle. Had pathetic transfer budgets (understandable), can't bring in top players on loan due to wage restrictions, Board won't find a feeder Club for merchandising. No OS to move into now so still medium crowds and not enough money to dramatically push up the stadium capacity. Also now in PL the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City won't even talk to you regarding loans even with players listed for loan. Bizarre considering I am hardly a threat!!! So how can/do you make the Club a higher stature financially?

Hey my first update as Hammers boss

Won the Championship with ease, didnt buy anybody but sold, Piquionne, Faubert, Diop and Illunga.

So far in Prem im 11th going into march and into semi of Fa cup!

Bought

Snodgrass - 4.5

Wilfried - 2.5 (not as good as everybody says has been very poor)

Mattias Jorgenson - free

Hargreaves - free

Wilfried Zaha - 1.5 (amazing kid scores for fun already interest from liverpool)

Joe Bennett - 1.5

Charlie Adam - loan

Zabaleta - loan

Hoping for top ten finish, board need to help me out i only got 3 mill for jan window!

@Coopie Ive always played Cole on the right as a TM - colehistorymat.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us As you can see the boys been a legend for me!

Here are my transfers for the last 2 years - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/transfers1j.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/tranfers2.jpg/

My most promising kids - yesel.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rightson.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i finished 4th last year, I think its a year too early for me to be in the Champs League but Ill give it a good crack!

So I have just finished my third season as Hammers boss and I secured 5th place in prem, euro league bitches!

My main signings for this season - Bryan Ruiz 7.5 (fulham relegated) Mathiau Bodmar free, Memhet Topal 2.5 from Valencia and in Jan I signed Oscar Cardoza on loan from Liverpool.

Cardoza is amazing, a goal machine from any angle and set piece, Ruiz got me 15 goals from a AMR position and Collison got me a huge 26 assists for the season.

Have a budget of 26 mill to prepare for euro games but no big names want to sign on permanent deals!?!

Onecockneygeezer ive also got some amazing regens aswell, my back up cb and dm are home grown boys.

End of my second season, the first in the premier league! got to the final of the FA cup against arsenal, and lost 1-0 in extra time, so pleased about that. beat man united in the smie finals on penalties to get there. So VERY happy with that.

However in the league, we did poorly. 10 wins 5 draws 23 losses. Finished 1 point away from relegation!

End of my second season, the first in the premier league! got to the final of the FA cup against arsenal, and lost 1-0 in extra time, so pleased about that. beat man united in the smie finals on penalties to get there. So VERY happy with that.

However in the league, we did poorly. 10 wins 5 draws 23 losses. Finished 1 point away from relegation!

are you under pressure from board with that finish!?

Not under from the pressure from the board. My job is still stable. the players arent seeming to play well for me. i am looking to youth players with a very high potential in the hope they will improve quickly with lots of game time, but they are mostly 15 year old brazilians who cannot transfer for another 2 years, or if they ARE old enough to transfer right away, they cannot get a work permit! ive signed luuk de jong, but so far in the two friendlies he had played, he has been very poor. ive got yaya sanogo on loan too. carlton cole as a backup. hall is looking good potentially too. ive got wilfried, but as usual, he is injured, and i regret buying him, as he has been injured for so long, however, when he DOES play, he does score quite often.....

the board may not have put me under pressure, but i have put myself under pressure and i am struggling to sign players. job offers have come up for everton and fulham, and i was tempted but decided against it and i will hang on until i am fired....

Finished 5th in Season 3 and sit 6th in Season 4 with the January Transfer window just opened. Selling players seems to have become easier since the patch. Got taken over and had a summer budget of 26 million and went a bit mad so have offloaded a few!! Got 7.5 million for Paphis Cisse who I got in for free and received 7 million for Marcus Berg who cosy me 6 million. Want to base my squad around British players now for the challenge unless real quality becomes available. Probably my best buy was a 33 year old Berbatov on a free!! Generally rotate the squad but line up more often than not is.

1. Rob Green

2. Nedum Onouh (or however you spell it!!)

3. James Dickens (Regen I put in at 16 and he plays well)

4. Craig Dawson

5. James Tomkins

6. Charlie Adam

7. Jack Collison

8. Angel Di Maria

9. Carlton Cole

10. Dimitar Berbatov

11. Adam Johnson

12. Lee Camp

13. Julien Faubert

14. Matty Taylor

15. Kevin Nolan

16. Wilfred Zaha

17. Mark Noble

18. James Forrest

Realis though I have been lucky with injuries and a few are getting on a bit so the summer may need a rebuilding exercise.

After getting a new laptop I decided it was a good enough excuse to start a new West Ham game. I brought in Bressan and Joe Lewis, as well as loaning Miyaichi and Danny Wilson. Lost Green and Collison to some pretty big bids (9m for the pair), and sold Sears, Piquionne and Faubert meaning I've got a lot to spend in January should I need to. Cole is just ridiculous as a Poacher (as I posted before, I got him scoring 50+ last time), and I've managed to get Nolan playing well too now.

After installing the new Footy Manager my first game was with West Ham. I couldn't believe how easily I got straight back up only being defeated once in the Champoinship. I'm 9 games in the Prem won 7 lost 2 and my team is taking shape will post some pics up shortly. My main signing was Danny Welbeck for 7million and a few bargains.

I am really struggling to sign players! I am in the pre-season of my 3rd season. In my second season, I finished 1 point away from relegation. I have tried to sign berbatov, but he refused to discuss a deal with me. I have managed to sign Luuk De Jong and Yaya Sanogo on permanent deals. Yaya is on 19k p/w and has a lot of potential. But now, looking at the comparison page with the rest of the teams in the premier league, my team are 19th on average for a few things in defence, mainly pace, tackling and marking. The only thing they can be deemed good at it heading, but it’s not good enough, but I can’t get the players I need to help us improve. Vicious circle I guess, but without getting the new signings that I need, I doubt I’ll manage to get the team to stay up. Bolton and QPR were the 2 big teams relegated. I looked to get Gary Cahill, but I wouldn’t be able to afford his wages, so didn’t try it, and I’d also prefer more youthful talent. I’ve managed to sign a young Brazilian midfielder with a defensive approach to the game, but I need better fullbacks with a bit of pace and an eye for a pass, and better strikers with an eye for goal. Hopefully I have the attacking sorted with Sanogo and de Jong. I already have Bony wilfried who has a good eye for goal, but he gets injured quite often, and once these two new strikers are cemented into the team, wilfried will go and I will look to Robert Hall to provide backup, and hopefully improve him as a player, as he has at least 4 star potential. Jordan Spence is my starting right back, as he has 4.5 star potential.

Fingers crossed that this team gels and finds the net. if the first few friendlies of pre-season are anything to go by, I’ll have a tent permanently set up in the relegation zone for my blundering team.

Let's see if I will enjoy this save. :)

First season:

Transfers:

untitled.jpg

Lineup:

dasda.jpg

Gonna be Arsene Wenger style. Financial control, young players from abroad and nurturing young talents in best academy in England.

Here we go.

Is anyone else having difficulty finding a feeder club? I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here, but feeder clubs pay their parent clubs for the privilege of being able to receive these wonderful players for a season, and the parent club returns the favour with an annual friendly, right?

I have not managed to gain a feeder club and I am in desperate need of one as I need to send some players to a mid-low championship level club in order for them to improve, so that I can either sell them or keep them for my first team, but the board refuse me every time! any pointers?

right... gonna start a proper save and stick with it dammit...

west ham... huggeee potential.. great facilities.. decent team and decent players who can be sold for a decent budget...

not to mention the likes of moncur, hall and co in the youth team .. brilliant.. lets see

Am halfway through my second season and to be honest aside from struggling to sign players am finding it rather easy. Am top by 5 points at christmas and have won every game apart from two (Utd a and Che a). I play a 4-1-1-3-1 formation with Kara the holding mid and Bressan the attacking mid.

My team

1. Green

2. Spence / Demel

3. Gibbs (bought for 2.5m)

4. Kara (2.5m)

5. Tompkins

6. Cahill (2.6m)

7. Lallana (2.5m)

8. Bressan (1m)

9. Cole

10. Collison

11. Fleck (4.5m)

I can only verify that fleck and lallana both punch way above their weight and have 15 goals between them by Xmas in the premiership. Tompkins has 10, Cole 15 and Cahill 6. Lallana also has about 20 assists also. Have even won a match after going down to 9 men (we were winning 2-0 when Nolan and Bridge got sent off and scored another to win 3-0)

well, i tried for a parent club to try to get funds, and apparently those funds would be too minimal to be the lesser team in such a relationship....but I did manage to get the board to agree to an improvement of youth facilities....so it is a kind of a win...

• 2 weeks later...

been rather quiet here lately hasn't it?

Well, i've just finished another season, this time in 12th place! Just looking for a LB now to strengthen the team in order to fight for a EURO cup place in the league! Looking for a player that is at least a 4* level! Currently with Nigeria in the world cup. Came 2nd in the group stage, with 5 injured players (all my best ones) and have now drawn argentina in the second round.

how is everyone else doing?

Looking forward to my sixth season. Promotion, then 9th, 5th, 5th, 6th in the Premiership so quite happy, but just keep missing out on Champions League by 2 or 3 points!! Don't think I have ever gone this far before as it gets a bit bizarre with all the well known players gone or going so going to start a new game after the next patch now I seem to have finally sorted my tactics out. Team this year looks fairly exciting with one or two newcomers.

GK Joe Lewis

RB Nedum Onuoha

LB Jack Robinson

CB Craig Dawson

CB James Tomkins

CM Anderson (New - 6.75 M)

CM Jack Collison

LM Angel Di Maria

RM Samir Nasri (New - Loan)

CF Carlton Cole

CF Steven Fletcher

SUB R. Green

SUB X. Alonso (New - Free)

SUB M. Noble

SUB J. Altidore

SUB J. Dickens

SUB R. Barkley

SUB J. Spence

After just missing out on the league in my third season I managed the premier league and champions league double in my third. The Champions league was aided by a ridiculously easy draw whereby I played FCP, Valencia, CSKA and then Schalke in the final. Then got offered the Barcelona job with 150m to spend and am now trying to rebuild them with newgens....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with a decent takeover? Gold and Sullivan were ok transfer budget wise for the first two seasons after promotion and then another fella took over. First season he was ok but the last two seasons I have had a poxy 800k transfer budget. Ok the Club is in debt by about 15 million but that doesn't stop the Chelseas and Man Utds of this world!!! Is there any real pint to allowing someone who won't put money into a Club to take over?

What league's/database size are you running to get Darwin, can't seem to find him on mine

he's colombian and playing at Santos Laguna in Mexico! u can load all colombian players or all the players from the first division in Mexico or all the current international players in North America like i did!

Here's what I've achieved so far:

2011/12 - English Championship Winners, FA Cup runners-up; close season signing of Alberto Paloschi on a free

2012/13 - Premier League 7th place; close season signings of Granero, Sidnei and Kagawa on free transfers, Erick Torres for £15.25m over 48 months, Berem Kayal for £5.25m

2013/14 - Premier League 7th place; Signed Marc-Andre ter Stegen on a free transfer

2014/15 - Premier League 5th place; close season signing of Carlos Fierro for £17.75m over 48 months

2015/16 - Premier League 5th place; Europa League Winners

2016/17 - Premier League 4th place; European Super Cup winners

2017/18 - Premier League Winners, Champions League winners - offered and declined the England job

2018/19 - Premier League 2nd place, FA Cup winners, European Super Cup winners, Club World Championship winners, Community Shield winners

Had a frustrating time dealing with the board over the years, so have looked for cheap young players, and free transfer signings where possible. Turned a profit for the first time in 2017/18, and the Boelyn Ground was expanded to 40,500 seats. At the end of the 2018/19 season, my board announced that they were building a new stadium, and it would be ready in May 2022.

Just started a save with the Hammers. So far I've had no troubles at all in the league and Carling Cup. 5 league matches, 5 wins (17 goals for, 4 goals against). 2 cup matches, 2 wins. My biggest buy was Jordan Mutch which may seem unnecessary, but he's been amazing. I raided my favored club Liverpool to bring in Wilson, Robinson, and Flanno on loans. I'm hoping to bring them all in permanently if we gain promotion. I convinced the board to improve the training and youth facilities and to also invest further into junior coaching.

Screenshot2012-02-19at123248AM.png

Screenshot2012-02-19at123330AM.png

Archived