FM:12 - Rangers Fc Thread - Nae Dough, 4 In A Row

A.McL1

Aye, I ended up selling him mate. Just played the rest of the season with Fleck and Sergio who I had signed at the start of the season in Central Midfield. Still had McCulloch, Ness and Mckay there anyway.

Just finished my first season with winning the treble, got a warchest of 10M to spend in second season but i lowered it to 7M so i have some decent money left in wage budget. Got a couple of fantastic free transfers coming in too.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of consistency, has anyone worked out a way of getting Fleck to shine? I've been moving him about, starting on the left wing and now into the middle beside Davis and he seems to have settled but I dunno if maybe there's somewhere else I can put him to get a good set of performances out of him.

From looking at his stats he has an awful shooting record (13%) but his passing is pretty special (78%). Am I maybe thinking too much of him as an attacker and keep him playing in the midfield?

I play fleck in a ACM role set as Trequartista using 4231 formation. he seems to perform very well.

Just finished my first season, done brilliant, loving the game so far!

Won the domestic treble, beat Hearts on penalties to win the League Cup and then beat Dunee Utd in final of Scottish Cup 2-1. Won the league at a canter with 94 points, won 28 games and drawing the remaining 10. Celtic only just finished 2nd on goal difference beside Dundee Utd, both on 69 points. Neil Lennon still has the job haha.

In Europe I finished 3rd in Champions League group, then managed to get to the Semi's of the Europa thanks to a lucky draw along the way before getting pumped off Tottenham who went on to win it.

Made a profit in buying/selling players of about 6M which really helped the finances.

Jelavic was absolutely outstanding, scored 30 goals in 32 games in the league and 40 in 50 overall. Lyon are making bids for him constanly just now, the highest being 4.1M, but I want to keep him for one more season until Carlos Fierro is in the first team.

Half way through pre-season in the new campaign now, made some very good signings so far and also let some players go.

Anyone had this happen? Was wondering if my unexpected stadium expansion of 12769 seats was something to do with it?

ibroxchampionsleaguehos.png

Yeah i had the same thing happen. Also got the same stadium expasion as well.

Have you played in the Cl yet in the second season? Only reason i ask is because i drew Sparta Prague for the 3rd round qualifiying. after the 2nd round matches were played it changed to Slovan Bratislava. Just wondering if it is a problem with my game or a bug?

Dam Just had McGregor injured for 2 months. Only backup i have is the young keeper i brought in. didnt expect him to play 1st team footabll for a year or two.

How much do you have to spend? I found that you can get a good Alexander replacement for around the 1m mark. I ended up buying Ádám Bogdán for 575k and he looked not too bad in pre-season. I also found that a few good English keeprs will make the move up. Tried to get Lee Camp (yes I know he's not English) but Forest kept saying no. So bought someone else. A few games into the season McLaren criticises Camp who demands a move. Forest offer him to me for the amount I'd offered but as I already had a player I rejected it. Next day Camp comes out criticising his manager for 'not allowing him to talk to Rangers'. Bit belated I though....

Yeah i had the same thing happen. Also got the same stadium expasion as well.

Have you played in the Cl yet in the second season? Only reason i ask is because i drew Sparta Prague for the 3rd round qualifiying. after the 2nd round matches were played it changed to Slovan Bratislava. Just wondering if it is a problem with my game or a bug?

Must just be your game mate, I just finished playing my Qualifiers with no problems. I always had that exact problem in FM11 though!

One thing that does kinda annoy me though is that when choosing what teams you want to play, the system seems very limited. It only seems to offer 1 or 2 teams and even then they're so obscure that it's no real contest. I've found it better to go and pick the teams manually and try for the more well known non league teams (Spartans, Pollock etc) or even trying you arm with a mid week 3rd or 2nd division Scottish team.

I also tend to play them at home really just for convenience but I'm curious if that has an adverse effect on my pitch.....

For a freebie in season two, check out Lorenzo Crisetig and Danny da Costa.

Got da Costa from Leverkusen and he's keeping Whittaker out the team, 7.28 in 17

I just signed Crisetig but I'm hopeful of good things (labeled the next De Rossi). He got released by Inter in my game but not sure if that's usual or not.

Mathieu Flamini! Saw he was available for free in June and went in for him, he wanted 600k a month but managed to get him down to 275k before thinkin nah sod that and left it.

In late July i saw that Bordeaux had offered him a contract so i went back in to see what he was looking for now just out of noseyness and he took a 125k a month plus bonuses, gave him half mil signing on and the same to his agent and he came to 'Gers over Bordeaux, delighted.

mathieuflaminioverviewp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Other Transfers, summer 2012 : rangerstransfershistory.png

I noticed you bought, and ultimately sold Gaston Fernandez, how did he fare for you? I got him on a free end of season 1 but he just can't seem to click with me

He was brilliant for me tbh mate, I just played him upfront with Jealvic with Fernandez being a trequartista and set as the playmaker, if he wasnt scoring goals he was creating! Think he finished the season with something like 14 goals in 30 games overall with about 12 assists. Just sold him because i needed to free up some wages and funds.

In Nov of the second season. i can get Charlie Adam for 4.3mill. Negotiated a contract to give him 56k per week and 30k appearance fee. Bonuses were reasonable.

What do you guys think? Is that too much per week to be paying a player?

In Nov of the second season. i can get Charlie Adam for 4.3mill. Negotiated a contract to give him 56k per week and 30k appearance fee. Bonuses were reasonable.

What do you guys think? Is that too much per week to be paying a player?

I'd pay him the 56K, but personally i think the appearnce fee is too much, if he plays 30 odd games then that's you 900k down a year on appearence fees only!

StylishKidsRiot, how do you post your screenshots?

Press printscreen at the top of the keyboard, then go into Microsoft Paint, paste it into there. Save it as a PNG. Then go onto a image hosting site such as http://imageshack.us/ and upload it there, then just copy and paste the 'forum code' it gives you onto one of your posts!

Might not have explained that clearly, sorry.

Mathieu Flamini! Saw he was available for free in June and went in for him, he wanted 600k a month but managed to get him down to 275k before thinkin nah sod that and left it.

In late July i saw that Bordeaux had offered him a contract so i went back in to see what he was looking for now just out of noseyness and he took a 125k a month plus bonuses, gave him half mil signing on and the same to his agent and he came to 'Gers over Bordeaux, delighted.

mathieuflaminioverviewp.png

Other Transfers, summer 2012 : rangerstransfershistory.png

is your bank balance going down alot each month ?

or did you get good sponsership deals at the end of the season ?

I ended up in profit by 11m last season (66m out, 55m in).

I'm in December and so far I'm making a 2.2m loss. Still paying off the 4m loan

5 year general sponsorship at 63.3k ps

5 year main kit deal at £714k per season

5 year additional kit sponsor at £63.3k ps

3 year additional kit sponsor at £1.5m ps

I'm spending 1.19m per month on wages and despite having a net transfer spend of 6m im still in profit for the season to the tune of 1.9m, mainly due to Champions League money (4 wins at 695k per win + gate money and qualification bonus) will be selling Jelavic and Davis in next window as they are murder and i'm sick of it.

Just got my fm today thanks god. Starting with rangers and tactically nieve never been any good at my own tactics so could some of you toss me some ideas plaese !

I use a 442 or 4222 (2 mids / 2 wingers) at home and a 4231 away. Working well for me.

Away :rangerstacticsoverview.png

Home: rangerstacticsoverview2.png

Results: rangersfixturesfixtures.png

Europe: rangersfixturesfixtures.png

^

Great looking squad there.How's Scott Allen for you? Been scouting him for most of my first season, think i'll bring him in on a bosman should he wish to talk to me.

Just got to December in my first season and sitting pretty at the top of the league & my Champions League group(despite having Inter, Dinamo & CSKA Moscow..)

Jelavic has been great, but my top performer has been wee Stevie Davis :

stevedavies.jpg

I'll give a proper update after the January transfer window, hopfully can be a part of the best Glasgow club thread around gents... ;)

Alright girls, thought I'd give you an update on my game as I'm in here all the time and I've found out that there's guys from RM on here. So some on there will already know how I'm doing, so I'll try and keep it short and sweet (well as much as I can).

First Season

Good season for me.

Signed Eduardo Vargas from Universidad de Chile for £2.8m along with bring Emre Can on loan from Bayern and James McFadden on a free. Going the other way were Lee McCulloch (£625k), Kirk Broadfoot (£900k) and Sasa Papac (£200k) of the most notable.

The league was a close battle with Celtic, I led for the majority of the title race but towards the end of the campaign a couple draws here and there, Celtic edged themselves right back into it. It actually set itself up dramatically. Final game of the season was a game at Parkhead. Celtic vs Rangers. The table read Celtic PLD 37 GD +68 PTS 93 - Rangers PLD 37 GD +66 PTS 93. I had to win. Celtic needed a point at least to win the title and before the game I was dealt with the news that Allan McGregor had broken his finger for the second time that season. I actually had almost given Celtic the title in my head. After a pretty even first half, Neil Alexander made a hash of a corner and scored an own goal with the first attack of the second half. Poznan began, the bheggars began slavering. However as the game hit the hour mark, the roles were reversed. Anthony Stokes deflected in Bocanegra's flick on from our own corner and the game was 1-1. Celtic were still heading to the title, a goal swung it. Five minutes to go, Davis gets ahold of the ball, gives it to Wallace who returns the favour and a lovely weighted ball from Davis to the edge of the box to none other than the enigma himself Maurice Edu and with one sweet swipe with his left foot into the top corner and Rangers were Champions. Fantastic, you canny beat it! 4-in-a-row.

The Champions League was a sucessful one aswell. Realistic target as always for us is the last 16, get to the last 16 and we've had a sucessful time in Europe. Qualified comfortably and was drawn into a group with Arsenal, Zenit and Slovan Bratislava. Tough, but we were certainly capable. Started with a home win vs Zenit, which was a thumping at the Emirates. Two wins, home and away to Slavan made things possible. Which was then followed by another thumping, this time in Zenit. That meant I needed a point at home to Arsenal to progress. Despite losing an early goal, we came back to win 2-1. A great result, although Arsenal did field a couple of youngsters. The last 16 gave me the very, very good Man City team. Got pumped home and away. Out I went, but proud to get to the last 16. City went on to win it.

In the domestic cups, I won the League Cup beating Celtic 2-1 in the final. Had a poor show in the Scottish, got knocked out from Falkirk in the quaters at home after an early sending off.

Second Season

After a good first season, I was looking to build on what I had done.

Had a few players at the Euros, the Scottish players done well getting to the quaters and topping a group which contained England. But the best was Jelavic. Jelavic and Croatia won the European Championships, with Jelavic scoring the opening goal in the final against Portugal. Which may have played a part in his decision to stay at the club.

After a good Champions League run, and watching my finances I was given a transfer budget of £12m. I didn't spend much of it but the players that were brought in were; Boyata (loan from Parent Club Man City), Gianneli Imbula from En Avant de Guingamp (£1.5m), Dani Benitez from Udinese (£500k) and Leandro Bacuna (£1.6m). All players that have improved the squad no doubt. Going the other way, McFadden (free), Weir (free), Healy (free) and Bedoya (£775k).

I've started really well in the league. Played 6 won 5 and drew 1. Scored 11 and only conceded 1 goal against Celtic in a game I won 3-1. The draw came away to Dundee United which finished 0-0.

The Champions League has been surprising to say the least. Again qualified comfortably. Drawn against Inter, Benfica and Litex. Immediately I though that the group was tougher than the one I progressed from the season before. First game was at home to Benfica, I needed to start well and start well we did. Finished 4-1 to us. Delighted. Second game was alot tougher, in the San Siro against Inter. After playing about with one of my formations I sent the boys out more in hope rather than belief, although we were in great form. Inter went into the break leading 1-0 but we had a few chances and held our own really well, and the lads got told how well they doing despite being behind. Midway through the second half, Jelavic stamps himself right into the European game if he hadn't already in the summer. 1-1. Inter being the giants they are almost immediately hit back from a corner. 2-1. 10 minutes later and us still creating chances, Jelavic takes the Inter defence by the scruff of the neck, runs at them and hit a shot at the keeper which is parried back out to him and he curles a beautiful shot into the top corner. 2-2. Right now I'm thinking whatever happens I'm going to be happy. Then the impossible happens. 5 minutes to go Fleck recieves the ball in the middle of the park and plays a defence splitting ball into Vargas who is through on goal and slots into the top corner. 3-2 to The Rangers. FT. Outstanding.

So far so good. Can't wait to see what happens throughtout the season. So enough from me, I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

something I am noticing with my Rangers team is that every game my ass man is constantly noting that we are hitting too many shots from long range which has made me start selecting the shout work ball into the box from the start of every game.

Anyone else finding they are using the same shouts all the time?

something I am noticing with my Rangers team is that every game my ass man is constantly noting that we are hitting too many shots from long range which has made me start selecting the shout work ball into the box from the start of every game.

Anyone else finding they are using the same shouts all the time?

Try also setting all your player long shots setting to rarely, you might want to adjust your mentality settings for your strikers as long shots mostly occur when the strikers are out of position or and the midfielders/full backs cant find them.

rangersvhiberniansplitv.png

Decided to go with Adam. thought he might be the spark in midfield to get me further in Europe. In Feb 2013 and running away with the league. Into the 2nd knockout round inh the europa league. Currently playing Celtic and beating them 5-1 at Ibrox.

Archived