FM:12 - Rangers Fc Thread - Nae Dough, 4 In A Row

A.McL1

Lost to Napoli in the Q/F of the CL lost 3-2 away and won 4-3 at ibrox to go out on away goals. Not too upset though as if i had somehow manged to win it i would have felt it was tainted due to my earlier mishap with the saving.

Edit: meant to say a while ago that Tobias Figuiredo, who is wiht Porto at the start of the game, is a must buy. I got him for 1.6mill 1st season and he is now my star defender. 4 1/2 stars CA rating in season2015/2016. All the big teams are sniffing around him and prepared to pay around 11 million reportedly.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, due to a corrupt save I'm bowing out here with 7 league titles in a row, 7 League cups in a row and 6 scottish cups in a row (and a final appearance against Dundee Utd before my save corrupted). Good luck bears, I'm starting from scratch at Cowdenbeath now.

Well, due to a corrupt save I'm bowing out here with 7 league titles in a row, 7 League cups in a row and 6 scottish cups in a row (and a final appearance against Dundee Utd before my save corrupted). Good luck bears, I'm starting from scratch at Cowdenbeath now.

Sore one mate, nearly kicked my computer out the window when i lost my save in FM11, was in 2022 and lost by far and away the best team i ever managed, regens the lot of them but they where all full international superstars, 3 CL titles.

End of season 2015/2016

Transfers (only listing RL players)

out

Whittaker - Bolton 2mill

Adam - Everton 5mill

Wallace - Blackpool 5mill

In

Schneiderling - Panathinaikos 3.9mill

League

Winners.

1st - Rangers -Pl 38 W 27 Dr 8 Lst 3 - Pts 89

2nd - Celtic - Pl 38 W 24 Dr 7 Lst 7 - Pts 79

Domestic Cups

Scottich cup - winners - beat Aberdeen 4-0

League cup - Winners - beat St Mirren 2-0

Champions league

Knocked out in the 1/4 final by Napoli - 2 ties finished 6-6 on Agg but Napoli scored more away goals.

Qaulified from a group containing Lyon, Leverkusen and Kobenhaven. Beat Milan in the 1st Knockout round all be it fortuitously due to my non saving incident mentioned earlier.

Players of note

John Fleck - pl - 48 scrd 28 assit 28 Av rat 7.84

Carlos Fierro - pl 41 scrd 29 assit 20 av rat 7.78

Goals for new season

I really want to hold onto all the young stars i have. Some of them are absoulute monsters but all the big clubs are looking at them. Figures of 20mill plus are being bandied about in the press.

Just a quick update.

SEASON 2 - thankfully celtic more human than superhuman this year,,, i won the treble and actually won the lg with fewer points than i didnt get it with in the first ??

Got to the Quarter final of the europa cup ,, and went into it ravished by injuries / suspensions and could barely field 11 players,,, lost the first leg badly as a result and couldnt quite make it up in the next leg.

Signed a wildcard in January in Nigel Hasselbank as he kept scoring or setting up goals against me whenever i played St Mirren. Wasnt expecting much ,, but at 700k,, thought I would give it a go,, and he might be a decent squad player if nothing else.

Guys he scored on his debut and set up 2,,, i gave him a few more games and he kept it up. In 13 games he scored 7 and 4 assts,, having already got 8goals and 4 assts for a team like Saints,, he finished that season wae 15 and 8 assts...

I havent played him as much yet in my 3rd season as I have a few better player now and more of a squad,, but when I have he has looked dangerous,, only a couple of goals so far and Im just coming up to December,, so he might be the type that needs to be played regular,, but thought I would metion him as most probably wont have even given him a second look,,, and he is cheap

I am now the Scotland manager as well.

Just played Aberdeen in the league and thumped them 6-0 at Pittodrie. Interestinly enough Caley thistle are playing great this year. they are only 1 point behind me in the league after 11 games.

EDIT: Caley just thumped Celtic 8-1 in the league at there place.

Just wanting to know what role you guys are giving your strikers. I play with one up front so I tend to play the striker in his best position noted by the Ass man ie when playing Fierro he is a Treq and Jelavic and Advanced forward etc

Yeh thats what i do to,, and scoring goals has not been a problem . Occasionally I might try something different if i only have say 2x poachers available as I dont like 2 poachers up front. In that case if one of them is tall,, i might try him as a target man and play the smaller player in his poacher role. Seems to work

Hasslebank has started scoring again after a few games in a row. He now have 6/7 ,, played from the inside forward role,, and AJAX just came in with a 2mil bid for him. I rejected it as i use him in rotation in that right winger role along with naismith,, and im curious to see if he gets any better .

Not bad tho for a couple hundred K,, does a job for the first couple seasons anyway,, wish i had got him season 1 instead of 2

Just beat Juventus 3-0 in the champions league 1st knockout round at Ibrox.

the question is wether to go defensive in the next leg or keep my attacking tactic.

EDIT: just beat Juve 4-2 at there place to go through 7-2 on aggregate.

Currently at the end of March 2017 and i sit 1st, 22 points, ahead of the still stron Inverness Caley thistle.

Inverness are currently 7 points clear of a fourth place Celtic and have a game in hand. With me and Caley having played 29 games and the rest 30 i reckon Inverness have a good chance of finishing 2nd.

Thought I would just post an update on how my save with the Gers is going.

First season:

One the League and the League cup.

Got to the 1st Ko round of champs league

Second Season:

Won the treble

Got to the 1st Ko round of champs league

Third Season:

Won the treble

Beat in the semi of champs league ( Finished top of my group 2 points above Real Madrid :) )

What I am trying to do now is work on my youth players. Does anyone have any advice on how to bring your youth through the ranks?

Just beat Juventus 3-0 in the champions league 1st knockout round at Ibrox.

the question is wether to go defensive in the next leg or keep my attacking tactic.

EDIT: just beat Juve 4-2 at there place to go through 7-2 on aggregate.

Currently at the end of March 2017 and i sit 1st, 22 points, ahead of the still stron Inverness Caley thistle.

Inverness are currently 7 points clear of a fourth place Celtic and have a game in hand. With me and Caley having played 29 games and the rest 30 i reckon Inverness have a good chance of finishing 2nd.

did u go defensive?

i just started back with rangers :)

1st season - chelsea - league cup, league, comunity shield

2nd season - rangers - league cup, league

3rd season - IN PROGRES, MOAN THE TEDDY FU**IN BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play a 4-5-1 consists of a CDM, Advanced Playmaker, Ball Winning midfielder two wingers and I am still trying to find out how I like my striker to play have been mixing it up with a complete forward and poacher score more with poacher but team doesnt play aswell as a unit as it does when using complete forward.

I play with a Standard mentality and only change depending on how things go during the game normally to control or defensive if loosing posetion away from home.

What I am trying to do now is work on my youth players. Does anyone have any advice on how to bring your youth through the ranks?

learn how mentoring works, and play the youngsters as much as you can in your first team, its very much about finding the right ballance of how much you can play them and on the same time prevent your results from suffering as a concequence of it

I play a fluid, attacking 4-4-2 and it's going well. Jelavic is hot and cold but has chipped in with 13 goals up to January and I bought Mads Junker (ST) who has scored 16.

Top of the league, in both cups and the Champion's Cup knock outs to come against Zenit.

Things are going well.

im having the best game ever with rangers so far in season 1 im 2nd on goal difference, i won league cup and ive just had champions league qtr final draw and omg i got Man Citeh, will post screen shots end of season it would be just awesome if i beat man citeh, just like sunderland did ;)

first season done and got a league and scottish cup double, lost in semi-final off league cup and finished bottom of cl group off, cska, chelsea and dortmund, had a lot off injury problems in midfield and attack over the season

first season signings

pablo mouche 80k was a backup striker an scored 6 in 22 lg games(only 7 starts)

alex chamberlain loan until january solid enough(back season 2 on loan again)

gianni zuiverloon rb 425k, cover for rb but made the position his own

january transfers

celso borges free signed to replace davis who was injured ended up playing striker to cover injuries to jelavic an lafferty

arne friedrich free tried to get in the summer but failed, replaced weir in jan

sold

jordan mcmillan 100k

lee mcculloch 725k highwage and gettin on a bit

kirk broadfoot 1.9m too good to turn down

sasa papac 700k was unhappy at not playing, 1 week after being back from injury

squad reshaping started and hoping to retain title and progress in europe, any recomendations for a young cb as cover?

any of my fellow bears tryed bringing mccoist n durrant back in the team as a player by using editor? i just did there was wondering if any1 eles has done the same thing.

1st season signed so far

danny wilson(loan)

nathan eccleston (loan)

out

edu - 925k southampton

healy - loan to blackpool

mccholloch - loan to motherwell

Afternoon Gents, I'm about to sign Jelavic for 7.5mil for My Leicester City side. I've just been promoted to the EPL and wanted a Striker better that both Beckford and Nugent at a reasonable price. Having used him, do you guys think that he would get goals in the prem?? I'm gonna use him as a Advanced Forward in a 4231. His stats look good, but I wanted some more opinons.

second season in and i only managed to win the league and lost in 2 cup finals both on penalties, lost the league cup final to dundee united with a team consisting off fringe and reserve team players, and the champions league final to barcelona after conceding an injury time equaliser, lost to hibs in scottish cup, all reserve/youth team, i was suprised at the progress i made in champs league, i tweaked the 4-4-2 tactic i use to play a counter attacking game. Top performers in the team were, jong tae-se, goian, an friedrich.

I didn quite have the squad overhaul i thought i would, struggled to offload some players so i ended up with buying in more youngsters than anything.

Transfers in -

Alex chamberlain - loan 29 games 6 goals

Jong Tae-se - free 51 games 28 goals impressed with him playing the poacher role

Dani Benitez - 500k 42 games 11 goals and an 7.43 average

Kyle Bartley - loan was cover for goian/freidrich

carlos fierro - 1.3m 30games 10 goals was mainly used as a sub

Darron Gibson - free signed in november to cover injurys

signed 7 others, majority are regens

Players out

Matt Mckay - 450k was never goin to play really

mo edu - 1.3m was in last year off contract and was refused new work permit- Has that happened to anyone else?

juanma - 575k - needed to free up wages

pablo mouche - 825k wasnt happy about not playing and offer made me a good profit on the player

David Healy - released

Davie Weir- released

Salim Kerkar - released

more youths and reserve players aswell

After over acheaving in europe this season i think this might be a struggle to improve on that, got teams after most off my starting 11 so i might struggle to keep a hold off them, jelavic is un-happy and wants to leave so he going and hopefully i get a good transfer budget to try and bring in some younger legs, last season for my cb pairing of goian and friedrich so need replacements for them and a good right sided midfielder aswell

update on my rangers game played 8 won 8 :D scored 25 goals only concided 3 goals

as for the champions league i have real madrid OM and napoli group of death if u ask me

anyway managed to beat napoli 1-0 at home thanks to a goain header but sufferd a 4-0 defeat at the hands off real madrid

on a good note beat celtic 3-0 in the first old firm of the season

top 3 goal scores

jelavic - 11

mccoist - 9

naismith - 7

I am in Jan 2018 currently 19 points ahead of 2nd place Motherwell who are on 39 points. In the 1st knockout round of the CL and up against Benfica. Should hopefully manage to get to the next round at least.

Interestingly Celtic seem to have imploded they finished 5th last season and are currently in 5th this season. hopefully a few more dodgy results and they willl be in the relegatrion zone.

I am still losing money mind you. That is mainly down to the fact that i have had to give my great young players pretty good contracts to fend of European interest. Still i shouldn't neeed to buy any players for a few years and save the money there.

Well after a couple of seasons of having it all my way CELTIC are back and just as superhuman again as they where in my season1. In fact it kind of felt a bit repeated. I know the fan boys will say the game dont do that and defend it to death (and i cant remember it happening to me in any save for years) ,, but it seemed to follow the exact same pattern almost,, even down to injuries and both me and them finishing within a point or two of the exact same outcome I had in season 1and again on a last day thriller!! And again celtic's consistency fm january onwards was eerily similar,, in fact they lost a game on the 18th of JAN which was their first since 11th Nov and then never dropped another point again at all ,, and that was their ONLY 2 defeats ALL SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both me and them drew 7 (2 being Old firm) ,, so to other teams then only 5 games where they didnt get max points for their WHOLE season ,, my mistake was after having it easy for a couple of years i played youngsters in a couple of games in a bid to develop them,, and drew some games early on,,, obviously not expecting the Barca like celtic to come back again lol,,

The only thing that was different in this season was that in the transfer window celtic went out and splashed out just over £18 mil on new faces!! they did sell around 10 mil,, but I aint seen them go on a spending spree like that for a long time.

Anyways thats the fun gone now as I like winning 10 in a row every year before I move on to challenges new,, and I cant be bothered starting fae scratch after 4 0r 5 seasons in,, too many regens (prefer playing with real players). Off for a new challenge ,, but will come bk to the bears when I get bored again (always do lol),,

Oh and parting tip for now,, get Gianni Bruno at start of game,, costs next to nothing and is a goal machine,, almost as many as fierro for me in 2 seasons,, i put a thread on him,,,,l8rs

Through to the semis of the CL after beating Marseille 4-3 on aggregate. Got to face Man Untd though so going to be tough to make it to the final.

Also already won the league and one of the cups.

EDIT: just beat Man u 1-2 at old trafford.

EDIT2: and just achieved the same result at Ibrox to make it to my 1st CL final. I will play Real Madrid in the final though so still a tough ask.

End of Season 2017/2018 update.

I won’t bother with transfers as they are all regens anyway.

SPL:

1st: Rangers – played 38, won 30, Drew 6, Lost 2 – For 118, Against 24

2nd: Hibernian – played 38, won 19, drew 13, lost 6 – for 45, against 31

3rd: Dundee United, 4th: Celtic (who still haven’t sacked Lennon despite this finish and finishing 5th last season)

Domestic Cups:

League cup: beat – Won- beat Inverness Caley 4-1 in the final

Scottish Cup – Won – Beat Livingston 5-0 in the final

Europe:

Champions League – Won, and how! – Beat Real Madrid 4-2 in the final.

Players of note:

Carlos Fierro (ST) – played 42, Scored 37, Assist 24 – aver rating 8.15

Marco Costantino (GK) – played 39, Conceded 25, clean sheets 22 –average rating 7.07

Nicolas Coronel (ST) – played 38, scored 29, assist 19 – average rating 7.91

John Fleck (AMR) – played 39, scored 29, assist 13 – average rating 7.64

Alain Roux (CM) – played 38, scored 6, Assist 19 – average rating 7.65 (this as a BMW(s) so pretty impressive I thought)

Goals for next season:

Find a replacement for Morgan Schneiderlin who played as an AP(a) from the CMR spot and was poor in my opinion. He only managed 11 assists and 5 goals in 40 matches.

Other than that I will try to keep the team together for another year. Have them all tied to 4/5 year contracts and set there asking value at 40-60 million. Even with this though the rumors have started and will only increase after winning the CL.

So after my disaster above i have decided to start from scratch. Up to about mid August so far and have brought in quite a few young players, some of whom i had last save. Also on course to qualify for the CL group stages after thumping Genk 5-0 at Ibrox in the 3rd round.

Should i turn the lights off?? is there anyone still playing a gers save?? If not then i guess it is up to me to keep this thread going.

Gers save, season 7, I am leading the Bears to 10 in a ROW, 6 seasons won added to 3 b4 game started, so this is the big season.

Europe, never got past 2nd KO phase, but 10IAR was the target at the start

Beat Udinese 1-0 on aggregate so thats me through to the 1/4 final of the champions league. Cant remember what team i have in the 1/4 but i will face either Barca or Man u in the semi if i get through.

Out of both domestic cups. Put out in the 1/4 final of the scottish cup by East Fife and lost the final of the league cup to Hearts. Not too bothered as i played my promising youngsters and under 19 players in the cup games. I would have played my senior team in the final against Hearts if i had realised it was a final though.

I sit top of the league about 10 points clear of Celtic.

Just played Ajax in the 1/4 final of Europe. drew the 1st leg 4-4 at Ibrox. Decided to stick with my attacking formation as i needed to score. What a disaster that was i lost 13-1, thats not a typo i did say 13-1, to lose 17-5 on aggregate.

To be fair injuries and suspensions had decimated me, my back four had an average age of about 19 and goalie was only 18. Still shouldnt have lost by that much though, a few warnings were handed out.

Archived