FM:12 - Rangers Fc Thread - Nae Dough, 4 In A Row

A.McL1

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season finished.

Won the league, which was nice but nothing else. Celtic won the Scottish Cup and Hearts picked up the League cup.

Season was mixed. Celtic just were too unpredictable. They could beat teams 4-0 then go get pumped 0-3 the next week. Bizarre but they did get better as time went on and they settled in, their strike force was just awesome, in the true sense of the word, 100 goals scored in 38 league games although the 40 conceded was 11 more than me, which hurt them, allowing me to win the league by 6 points on 92 despite them winning the last 2 OF games comfortably.

As for the team, I fell out with Faddie in January when he wouldn't sign a new contract, he never wore the shirt again. Thankfully Fleck and Wylde done quite well in that position. Top goal scorer was Jelavic with 16 in 35(1). Best player was Goian with 7.26 from 49(1) games, scoring 12. Naismith also got 12 from 34(4) and Murphy was just behind him with 10 from 28(11)

CL was a bust all in, ending up third and the Euro Cup didn't offer much, eventually getting put to the sword by Villarreal.

Jelavic was CB Player of the Season, which was nice. Followed by Templeton and Goian.

Bartley was CB Young player of the Season

Hooper was Scottish Players POTY and top goal scorer with an avg of 7.77 and 32 goals in 37 (an indication of how clinical Celtics attack was, 5 of their players ended up on 10+ goals, including Baba who only came in January)

Forrest was Scottish Players YPOTY

Lennon got CB manager of the year AND Sports Writers POTY.......... not sold on that tbh.

And that's that....... now to sell some huffy players.

Davie Weir has just suggested I look into signing Kevin Thomson, David Marshall and Roland Juhász.

I can't help but think he's been in the toilet and found an old Daily Record and is just suggesting everyone mentioned in that....

lol hes goin mad with the old age :)

Here is my update, I'm about 23 games into the season still not lost a game, only drawn 4 games. Scored over 100 goals and only let around 15 to 20 goals in. Was put out of both demestic cups relatively early played ny reserve teams in both games, only made one signing so far and it was Fraser fyvie cost me 1.5m over 48 months got Steve Davis learning him how to pull the strings. Sold Neil alxander, kirk brodfoot and kerkar so no major changes to my team. Ortez is playing out his skin for me I think his rating for me is about 7.9 so happy with that. Steven naismith has played 20 scored 21 in the league and 6 in the champions league. I got a.c Milan shacktar and genk in my group, shacktar pumped me home and away I pumped Milan 5-1 away and 3-2 at ibrox done genk 2-1 at home and by the time I played them away again I had already qualified so my reserve team wad sent to belgum. Finished top of the groupe I was excited about the prospect of a run in the champions league but drew napoli and I am currently trailing 2-0 with my home leg coming up soon. So I am happy with my first season so far will post up screens tonight when I finish work. Thanks for reading this James

Here is my update, I'm about 23 games into the season still not lost a game, only drawn 4 games. Scored over 100 goals and only let around 15 to 20 goals in. Was put out of both demestic cups relatively early played ny reserve teams in both games, only made one signing so far and it was Fraser fyvie cost me 1.5m over 48 months got Steve Davis learning him how to pull the strings. Sold Neil alxander, kirk brodfoot and kerkar so no major changes to my team. Ortez is playing out his skin for me I think his rating for me is about 7.9 so happy with that. Steven naismith has played 20 scored 21 in the league and 6 in the champions league. I got a.c Milan shacktar and genk in my group, shacktar pumped me home and away I pumped Milan 5-1 away and 3-2 at ibrox done genk 2-1 at home and by the time I played them away again I had already qualified so my reserve team wad sent to belgum. Finished top of the groupe I was excited about the prospect of a run in the champions league but drew napoli and I am currently trailing 2-0 with my home leg coming up soon. So I am happy with my first season so far will post up screens tonight when I finish work. Thanks for reading this James

What formation are you playing mate? 100 goals in 23 games is really impressive!

Can you try and paragraph your posts lol, thats really hard to read :p

What formation are you playing mate? 100 goals in 23 games is really impressive!

Can you try and paragraph your posts lol, thats really hard to read :p

Coming from someone from Alexandria that's rich :) I'm using my phone to post today I'm at work that's why my its do bad. I'm using zero seas tactic can't remember what its called off the top of my head but it'd in the share tactic sub forum.

I'm not too sure about the defensive side of the tactic though I seem to win games 4-3, although my center backs seem to score from corners frequently.

I have only just started playing my full game with Rangers. If this is the case then it is going to make it virtually impossible to to get either team on a sound financial footing.

I will have to kjeep an eye on my finaces.

Season 1 done:

Premier League - 1st

Champs League - 3rd in group

EURO CUP - Last 16

League Cup - Winners

SFA Cup - Semi's (Beaten by Celtic after going 2-0 up them going down to 10 men. Beat me 3-2 AET)

Just about to begin Season 2:

rangersz.png

Noticed this, thought it was pretty cool:

rino.png

This will be my preferred starting XI once injuries clear up:

15883871.png

Hopes for this season are to do a little better in Europe.

Speaking of consistency, has anyone worked out a way of getting Fleck to shine? I've been moving him about, starting on the left wing and now into the middle beside Davis and he seems to have settled but I dunno if maybe there's somewhere else I can put him to get a good set of performances out of him.

From looking at his stats he has an awful shooting record (13%) but his passing is pretty special (78%). Am I maybe thinking too much of him as an attacker and keep him playing in the midfield?

I mainly use him at CM playing as an advanced playmaker whenever Davis is injured or needs a rest and he performs well there. He's been pretty consistent with me whether he's filling in at ML,MR or ST.

Well that was a mad pre-season. Went ever so slightly mad, like a fat kid finding a fiver on the ground and just buying sweets. Got given 5m, add to that the sales of (and the saved wages)

Cleared out quite a few players, Malbranque, Faddie, Healy, Kerkar, Kai Naismith and Little all left on free transfers. Naismith, Alexander and McCulloch were all sold, saving a great amount of wages and bringing in just under 4m.

Started the ball rolling with my bosmans: Fernando Cavenaghi, Danny da Costa, Floyd Ayité and Gastón Fernández all came in to help my attack. From there using the money given to me by the board I signed Nemanja Matic (1.9m) to replace McCulloch. To ensure everything was ok for Europe I signed 3 Scottish players Liam Cooper (1.3m), Tom Cairney (1.2m) and Johnny Russell (875k). Ádám Bogdán was signed from Bolton for 575k as a replacement for Alexander and I shelled out 1.5m on Janfran from Athletico. Was almost about to sign Fraser Forster as a laugh before I got Bogdán and cancelled the deal. He ended up going to Man City..... oddly enough.

Celtic have been quiet, selling Kayal and Ki but only spending 1.4m of it. Not that they need to strengthen although it'll be interesting to see how their defence holds up with a new keeper.

Just hope they gel.

Ugh, I can't help but think there are so many wee annoying bugs with this.

Firstly, pre-season goes fine, first press conference comes up "With McGregor in the reserves, does he feature in your future plans" (or something to that effect). Go check, nope, first team, go back and say 'of course'

few weeks later first game of the new season get asked again with a reminder back to my answer last time, say yes. He's not unsettled but I'm slightly worried if I say the wrong thing he might leave.

Jelavic walks into my office, asks to leave, I reluctantly say yes, sell him for 3.3m to Dortmund. Whittaker and McGregor come in and say they're not happy with the squad being depleted (despite the new signings I brought in, including 3 new strikers, but hey, I'll play along), tell them I'll strengthen soon. They leave. Go sign Montano from Stade Rennes who got relegated. 4 million quid. Quite happy with that piece of business. Next week get a reminder from McDowell telling me I'd promised McGregor and Whittaker I'd strengthen. Erm.......

Kinda hoping they'll be happy and that's just a buggy message but if they are unhappy because 'I've not strengthened', I'll be pissed

Just posted the below in the thread linked.

Have to say this is pretty poor. i have just had a look at last months matchday expenses for me. the month was Sept 2011 and i had 6 games, 2 at home and 4 away. 2 of the away games were European matches. i spent 949,808.00K on matchday expenses.

I am not sure how matchday expenses work so the following may be flawed. I realise i will still incur expenses for away day games like travel and flights for the European games. Surely withg that taken into account that figure was still too high considering i only had 2 home games?

I reckon i will continue till the end of the season and see how much this cost me for the season. It is surely a data issue though.

Is there a corner bug in this game? only reason i ask is that Goian has scored 10 goals in 18 games for me pretty much all from corners. The worrying thing is this just using the standard default set up.

Yep there is, annoyingly im conceeding more from it than scoring! I had to change my set up to attempt to counter it, while i have reduced it, im still conceeding from it

Yep there is, annoyingly im conceeding more from it than scoring! I had to change my set up to attempt to counter it, while i have reduced it, im still conceeding from it

I dont seem to concede many from corners but i am scoring a lot from them. pretty annoying as i deliberately didnt touch the corner set up to avoid any corner exploits.

Archived