PLEASE merge with EA or Konami

Merge with EA? The arch-devil of the gaming industry? Yeah, brilliant idea. For FM 2012 we'll get to load the game (after struggling for two hours with various connection problems and server errors and DRM crapola). But we have to pay for DLCs to be able to select leagues outside of the Big Four or something like that.

Horrible, horrible idea.

I for one would love FM interface to stay the same, but with a beautiful match engine, like that in Fifa. Unfortunately most people on these forums are quite stuck in their ways. Hell, some of them still play in 2D. Time to move forward guys. A realistic match engine and jaw dropping graphics are not impossible. It is almost 2012, and we're still playing with 10 year old graphics. After last years release and the dissapointment that fm11 bought, I think its time that si looked to take big steps foward. Dont get me wrong, I want the ME improved, but i dont feel that that should mean a sacrifice on anything else. Its the biggest management game, we should be expecting more than a couple new lines of commentary and 3 new player celebrations. Yawn. Can see the feature list now... :s

Merge with EA? The arch-devil of the gaming industry? Yeah, brilliant idea. For FM 2012 we'll get to load the game (after struggling for two hours with various connection problems and server errors and DRM crapola). But we have to pay for DLCs to be able to select leagues outside of the Big Four or something like that.

Horrible, horrible idea.

Oh it's not all bad.

You can buy a 'season ticket' so you get money off buying 'gold pack' players. Just in case the game's a little too difficult :p

I for one would love FM interface to stay the same, but with a beautiful match engine, like that in Fifa. Unfortunately most people on these forums are quite stuck in their ways. Hell, some of them still play in 2D. Time to move forward guys. A realistic match engine and jaw dropping graphics are not impossible. It is almost 2012, and we're still playing with 10 year old graphics. After last years release and the dissapointment that fm11 bought, I think its time that si looked to take big steps foward. Dont get me wrong, I want the ME improved, but i dont feel that that should mean a sacrifice on anything else. Its the biggest management game, we should be expecting more than a couple new lines of commentary and 3 new player celebrations. Yawn. Can see the feature list now... :s

Not sure what improving the ME graphics has to do with the topic being debated on this thread. Obviously it would be great if the ME could look a bit more like a FIFA or a PES, but that's not exactly a priority for a management sim and it isn't what is being discussed.

OP must be working for EA or KONAMI, so he want a merge, so that their games could be better. ;D
i hope u do something with Konami, SI... i think it would be wise

So, it's KONAMI for who you work.

Beautiful match engine? Maybe graphics (I'd agrue PES has much better graphics, but that's for another day) but everything to do with football is horrific. It's nothing like real football. FM isn't about fancy graphics, and personally I use 2D because it gives me a better tactical overview.

I don't see a problem with watching in 2D, I actually find it a lot more fun to watch and I can use my imagination more than with 3D. I personally don't want a Fifa style match engine as I doubt my laptop would be up to it without lagging and it's not what SI should be prioritizing in way of improvements in my view.

Please merge with EA or Konami

This years biggest "Facepalm" moment when I read this! I'm actually speechless at the suggestion. Apart from a mind boggling idea, what sort of kickass machine would be required to run the full FM management experience AND then add the graphics and the game engine needed for FIFA!

Apart from that they are two totally different games with contrasting reasons for being in the market, and I stress again the machine powerful enough to run the full FM game AND the full FIFA game hasn't been built. All you'd get is a lesser version of both.

Archived