Most You've payed for a player?

Yeah like a lot of you I don't like paying crazy amounts, I think the most I have ever spent is £30 mil for Guiseppe Rossi on FM09 for Arsenal, he was rubbish, ended up selling him for a fraction of that after 2 seasons.

I did break a world record on CM 96/97 (I think) though, I signed Sean Dundee from a German side for £16 mil for Bayern Munich, he was awful. Alan Shearer to Newcastle was the world record before that I think..

I think the most I've spent was £100m on an Argentine regen CB named Julio. That was playing as Villa. Had built up a pretty strong bank balance and had limited myself to only signing young players the previous couple of seasons, while shipping out players the wrong side of 29/30. Found myself in a situation where I was really happy with both my first XI and my squad depth, to the point where I was selling regens I knew would be good simply because I couldn't fit them in. However, the one player I desperately needed a CB and he was the best I could find. Great scouting reports too. £100m was as cheap as I could get him, so I bit the bullet and paid that.

Big waste of money as he was decidedly average for me. Think I sold him at a massive loss a couple of seasons later.

It was in FM10. I signed a regen striker from Arse(nal). David Mapfumo for 18M for my wolves side. Went into a striker pairing with a Columbian regen striker I had signed from Australia (wtf? EPL level strikers in the A-league...MADNESS) Sold him on the Chelsea for 45M, then moved to Manc. After 1/2 a season they had transfer listed him for not getting a game and I signed him to Manc for 61M. Then the save corrupted.I became sad.

Current save for Man United? £15 million for Mikel Arteta after Scholesey announced his retirement. Current Average rating of 7.49 :)

Current save for Crawley? 6k for a Notts County reserve left back. But my scouts reckon he's the best thing since sliced bread. Scored on his debut as well from the corner flag with a cross :)

All time? As an experiment with citeh I asked Mr Mubarak if he'd buy Fabregas for me after a £75 million bid was rejected. He said yes and the next day I had him for £137 million on 280k a week.

In a true save I spent £65 million on De Rossi on 10 for United. Quality. Av Rating of 8.34 :)

£51M for a world class Steve N'zonzi

Nobody ever mentions N'Zonzi but his form kicked Alex Song and Andrea Poli out of my Arsenal first team. His aerial ability is brilliant!

On topic: On 11 I spent £15.25mil on Giuseppe Rossi which I thought was massively overpriced but he became an Arsenal legend and scored 107 league goals in 197 league appearances! Can't fault him really!

Archived