The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

Remember Bears, in the moring we will still be proud Protestants but timmy will always be dirty unwashed taigs and tarries!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goes without saying, why bother?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dm_gers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

Remember Bears, in the moring we will still be proud Protestants but timmy will always be dirty unwashed taigs and tarries!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goes without saying, why bother? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3rd ya tube

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

they are not biggoted they are political, peter lawell says so and you cant say they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dare you class them as 'they', surely Lawell has something to say about this? Watch it Vidmar.

UVF

1690 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It says a lot about your mindset that you got that from what I wrote.

Anyway, just in from working the sponsors do - 6pm-6:15am - bastard of a shift!

Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Rangers' player of the year awards were dished out tonight.

Player of the Year: Chris Burke

Players' Player of the Year: Chris Burke

Young Player of the Year: Steven Smith

T-Mobile Goal of the season: Peter Lovenkrands

John Greig Achievement Award: Chris Burke

Not a bad night for the wee man!

Also, one of my colleagues who was working in the players' private drinks room reckons Big Marv is for the off - his interpretation of Marv's conversation with Lovenkrands at the start of the night.

Interesting info...

Agree with all those awards and it would surprise me if Andrews was still here next year. Falkirk beckons alongside Latapy (and big Amo)...

Although Dundee Utd are interested as well I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Today is a black day in our history - but not the worst.

Today we'll have to endure scarcely bearable crowing by an opponent, almost as never before. Not even Timmy's rampant misplaced gloating will touch what we will go through today. We've been through worse and will see worse in the future.

However, as always, we'll come through with dignity and decorum, and conduct ourselves in the finest British tradition of Stoicism and pride. We'll sing our songs and anthems and see this season off in a manner it scarcely deserves.

For Hearts and Celtic? Summers of uncertainty and further transition. For Us? The PLG adventure beckons. Europe's best young manager at the helm with a kitty befitting of his stature.

We are and always will be, The People. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus wept! icon_biggrin.gif

WATP

FGAU

B&Q

NTL

4LIFE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Michael Essien has backed former manager Paul Le Guen to be a success at Rangers.

The Frenchman signed Essien for Lyon before the Ghana international went on to win a £24million move to Chelsea.

Le Guen will take over a Rangers side who finished third in the Bank of Scotland Premier League but Essien believes it will not be long before silverware is back at Ibrox.

He told the Scottish Daily Mail: "Paul is quite strict around the club; a disciplinarian who is very serious about football.

"He knows what he wants and how to get it from players and he can be successful at Rangers, I am sure of that.

"He is a very ambitious man and he will not accept failure.

"Scotland is a new country for him and the SPL a new environment in terms of football, but he will learn quickly.

"I am sure, because of that and the way I know him, that it should not take long before Rangers are winning again."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what i like to hear icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Sad to hear that big Tony Vidmar will miss the World Cup after discovering he has an irregular heart beat. A shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be something to do with the strain of those intensely staring eyes! ugone2far10.gificon_wink.gif

Trivia Question:

Who was PLG's first Rangers signing...?

Answer: Dean Furman from Chelsea.

Lovenkrands also likel to sign a new contract on his current wages in the next 2 days.

Soti released.

i'm devastated for viddy. he was an absolute collusus in the playoffs against uruguay to help ensure we finally qualified again. during each of the four qualifying campaigns no-one took the failures to heart more than vid or was more proud when we finally made it. i don't think there's a player in the world who deserves to go to the world cup more than him. icon_frown.gif

i also read today that he was scotlands first ever bosman transfer. that in itself is pretty icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Trivia Question:

Lovenkrands also likel to sign a new contract on his current wages in the next 2 days.

Soti released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any info on Dean Firman mate?

Good news lovenkrands is staying, if as expected Novo leaves we are left with a disticnt lack of pace at the forward line.

Soti not he player he was last season and a change is best for all concerned.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i'm devastated for viddy. he was an absolute collusus in the playoffs against uruguay to help ensure we finally qualified again. during each of the four qualifying campaigns no-one took the failures to heart more than vid or was more proud when we finally made it. i don't think there's a player in the world who deserves to go to the world cup more than him. icon_frown.gif

i also read today that he was scotlands first ever bosman transfer. that in itself is pretty icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, a guy pretty much admired by all the Rangers fans, played his fair share of games as an understudy to a world-class left back in Numan but was a more than able deputy for him. Speaks volumes about the guy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Trivia Question:

Soti released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news lovenkrands is staying, if as expected Novo leaves we are left with a disticnt lack of pace at the forward line.

Soti not he player he was last season and a change is best for all concerned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't mind us getting Soti tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Wouldn't mind us getting Soti tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hibs for third next year then! icon_wink.gif

Soti not he player he was last season and a change is best for all concerned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know any more about the lad than has been said in the papers. Got a Chelsea supporting pal looking into it though.

Yeah, reasonably happy Lovenkrands is staying. He can score at the highest levels and if he can improve other aspects of his game, then he could be an important player.

Soti did so well in his first 6 months; he was commanding, had good distribution and looked a great, cheap replacement for JAB.

After that, like many players in the last year, he lost his discipline, lacked hunger, and upped his wage demands.

Won't be missed. Going down South as far as I know.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wouldn't mind us getting Soti tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can see him going somewhere like Everton. He's after a move to the Premiership apparently.

Furman is a nice footballer, he was scouted a lot by Celtic this season, but wasn't picked up because he was deemed a bit lightweight, supposedly the reason Chelsea are letting him go.

Not necessarily something that will stop him making the grade if he's good enough, but Chelsea can afford to let him go and Celtic felt they had enough players of similar ability in the likes of Ferry, Bjarnasson and Lensky.

But he seems to be a decent prospect. icon14.gif

I'm really glad Pete's set to stay but remember he's still to accept this contract which he will if what he was saying about wanting to stay was true.

Can't judge the young boy from Chelsea yet as I've not got a clue about him, just need to trust PLG on this one icon_wink.gif.

Soto was a definete to go, didn't think there was any doubt over that.

Well it's good to have some goings on already, hopefully a lot more to come in the coming weeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rangers have made their first signing under the new regime in 18 year old,

Durban born, Dean Furman.

Furman - a central midfield player - has been on the books at Stamford

Bridge for nine years and was offered a new one-year deal to continue his

apprenticeship with England's champions.

In recent months he has been moved up from the youth team squad to the

reserves where his performances have impressed coach Jose Mourinho's

right-hand man Stevie Clarke.

But Furman believes he has a far greater chance of securing first-team

football at Ibrox where he will be competing for places against the likes of

Brahim Hemdani and Gavin Rae rather than attempting to dislodge Frank

Lampard and Claude Makelele.

And Mourinho's assistant Clarke believes Furman is destined to make the

grade. He said: "He's a young boy who has been with us for some time and

come up through our youth teams.

"I actually watched him play in a couple of games with our reserves last

season and I was impressed by him.

"He's a talented centre midfield player and he's also a great kid with a

great attitude.

"We wish him every success at Rangers."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

if Lovenkrands re-signs watch him get the pipe and slippers out right away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Le Guen will allow that to happen. Rangers is not a holiday camp any longer. Players will be working harder than ever.

More likely to suffer burnout than lazyitis.

It's official \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GLASGOW (Reuters) - Rangers have released Greek central defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos after two seasons, the club said on Wednesday.

Kyrgiakos, 26, joined the Glasgow side in January 2005 from Panathinaikos and scored twice in their 5-1 win over Motherwell in the League Cup final two months later.

He left Rangers at the end of that season after turning down a new contract but returned in August after failing to find another club.

In September he headed Rangers' winning goal in a 3-2 home win over Porto in the Champions League group stage.

Rangers also said they have signed 17-year-old midfielder Dean Furman from Chelsea on a two-year contract.

The South African youngster is the club's first signing under new manager Paul Le Guen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish him the best but i'm glad he's gone

glad to see Soti gone, as mentioned good last year, but stuff like the needless sendings offs and then the "I dont give a toss" look has done it for me icon_mad.gif I mean who would clap after being sent off against Celtic ffs

I think he'd get found out in the Premiership though, same sort of confidence as Amo had when he was here, but you dont get that time in the Premiership to play the ball out of defence icon_wink.gif

glad to see Soti gone, as mentioned good last year, but stuff like the needless sendings offs and then the "I dont give a toss" look has done it for me icon_mad.gif I mean who would clap after being sent off against Celtic ffs

I think he'd get found out in the Premiership though, same sort of confidence as Amo had when he was here, but you dont get that time in the Premiership to play the ball out of defence icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no-one took the failures to heart more than vid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good choice of words! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

id rather have big marv as a backup CB that soti. at least you know hes gonna give it his all. and he could probably do us a good job as a physio into the bargain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I hope marvin stays, big influence in the dressing room I'm sure. Won't be moaning abou being on the bench and he can come in and do a job.

I'd love for us to keep Marv as a backup player, he comes across as such a top bloke and is surely great to have as part of the team. I don't see him staying though but i am glad he has been a part of Rangers.

Aye, I'll always remember Marvin. The look on his face after we won the league and that mad T-shirt he had on, the Killie goals, jumping about playing the drums on SSN. Every game seeing him go through a few players was always good to see.

What a guy icon_biggrin.gif

Archived