Robot Wars sign up

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for missing the last prediction, forgot to tell you I was going on holiday.

For the Goal Frenzy I'd say Ishu to win it.

no worries i didn;t send you a pm reminder because i could see you hadn't been active on the forums for a week so assumed you were away or something

Sorry for not posting sooner, i've been away with the family and not been in a position to make any comments etc. I will read through and ensure i am an active member in the future!

I will check and make predictions ASAP!

no worries i appreciate it was the holiday season so i assumed people would be away, just reminding people about this who may have forgotton

Pundit

Welcome to the December Show, Coming up today we have the final Semi Final of the English Regional War and the last two quarter finals of the World Wars as well as a Gauntlet Quarter final and the first two quarter finals from goal frenzy. Unfortunately no bids were put in for the challenge belt battle or for any grudge matches so there will be none of them this month.

World Wars Quarter Final 3

Pundit

This match sees two of the unfancied robots going up against each other for a place in the world wars semi final and top four overall in the world. It’s time for Armadou Traore-Mcnamee vs Sam Flynn

Battle

Armadou Traore-Mcnamee was left out of the first match of the month as Oxford lost 2-0 to Chesterfield, this prompted the manager to change the team around a bit and he was restored to the line up for the game against Stevenage, unfortunately this also ended up in a loss with Armadou coming out with a 6.1 rating, despite this he was left in the starting line up as Oxford took on Wycome and drew 0-0 rating in at 6.9. The manager then decided he’d had his chance and so was left completely out of the squad as Oxford got battered 4-0 at home to barnet, this hammering saw him restored to the side for the win over Burton rating in at 7.0. He started the final game of the month a defeat to Crewe rating at 6.5.

Score 6.63

Sam Flynn got an injury 4 days into the month which ended any hope he had of making a brake-through at Leeds keeping him out for the entire month.

Score 0.00

Pundit

Well that was the walkover many of us predicted although Armadou will have to improve considerably if he wishes to make the final, as for Sam Flynn its come back again next year.

World Wars Quarter Final 4

Pundit

This is an interesting matchup both Chris Hatton and Dead Metal performed poorly in the heats, but somehow dead metal is the public’s second favourite to win this competition picking up 36% of the vote. Let’s find out which of the robots has managed to lift their performance and qualify for the Semi Final.

Battle

Chris Hatton has started to make his breakthrough at Carrarese; he was on the bench for the game against Bellaria and came off it in the second game of the month against Crociati Noceto. He was left out of the squad for the final game before the winter break

Score 6.50

Dead Metal has failed to make any more appearances for Newcastle this month and is still training with the reserves.

Score 0.00

Pundit

Well that went against popular predictions with the second favourite for the competition Dead Metal dropping out of the competition at this stage. Anyway the draw for the semi final has now been made

Chip Butty vs Armadou Traore-Mcnamee

Joe Tompkins vs Chris Hatton

English Regional Wars Semi Final 2

Pundit

Maz Armley vs Chip Butty should be an interesting battle as they both scored well in the heats. Chip Butty is the favourite for the competition so you would expect him to progress.

Battle

Maz Armley came off the bench in the game against Kidderminster in the 1-1 draw rating at 6.4. He was then an unused substitute in the FA Trophy clash against Guiseley before being left out of the squad completely against Grimsby. He started the defeat to bath rating at 6.7, before in the final game of the month being an unused sub as York beat Mansfield.

Score 6.55

Chip Butty was injured before the month started and is still expected to be out for another 3 or 4 months.

Score 0.00

Pundit

Well that was a surprise, the hot favourite for this competition is out. Maz Armley has pulled off a great coup in winning this match but will have to do so once again if he wants to win as he goes up against Alex Seddon in the final.

Gauntlet Second Quarter Final

Pundit

The random number generator chose number 7 for the first time, this is most passes completed so that is what George Tugby and Mackemkillah will be judged on

Battle

George Tugby is still training with the Everton u18 squad and made no appearances for the first team this month, he did however pick up a major injury which is expected to keep him out for another 3 or 4 months.

Score 0

Mackemkillah racked up 35 passes in the 0-0 draw with Forest Green, before being left out of the squad for the FA Trophy match against Sittingbourne. He was back in the starting line up for the draw against Kettering gaining an extra 19 passes. He scored a goal and picked up a further 29 passes for the win against Luton. He started the final game of the month against Southport picking up an extra 30 passes in the 3-1 defeat.

Score 113

Dead Metal has failed to make any more appearances for Newcastle this month and is still training with the reserves.

Score 0

Judges

We were left with a tough decision here but we felt that because he is in the reserves and fit we will just give this to Dead Metal, sorry George.

Pundit

Well that was a very convincing performance by Mackemkillah as he progresses through to the semi finals, a very disappointing round for Dead Metal but he too also progresses.

1) Mackemkillah

2) Dead Metal

Goal Frenzy Quarter Final 1

Pundit

The results of the predictions are in

Chris Owen 60%

Ishu 27%

Lucas Volman 13%

Chris Owen is the hot favourite here but Amadou will be sure to provide stiff opposition

Battle

Chris Owen added his 6th international cap starting the friendly in over Algeria. In the first game of the month against Barrow he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. He was left out of the FA Trophy draw against Forest Green as his manager thought they could get through without him and he could do with a rest, as this was not the case he was restored to the starting line for the replay where he scored 2 goals in the 3-0 win. He followed that up with a further 2 goals in the 4-0 win over Gateshead before ending the month with another goal in the 4-1 win over Wrexham

Score 6

Amadou Traore-Mcnamee made four appearances for Oxford this month out of a possible 6 games but has still yet to break his goal scoring duck for the club.

Score 0

Pundit

Well that went exactly as expected with Chris Owen one of the favourites for this competition hammering his way into the semi finals.

Goal Frenzy Quarter Final 2

Pundit

This match sees Joe Tompkins take on the only house robot to make it through the heats, remember if Panic Attack wins this battle then he will not nbe allowed to take part in the Semi Final, instead his opponent will be given a bye to the final.

Battle

Joe Tompkins didn’t recover from his injury this month and so made no appearances scoring no goals. He will however be back to action within the next three days so all is not lost.

Score 0

Panic Attack scored a goal in the first match of the month and started the next four matches picking up one further goal.

Score 2

Pundit

Well Panic Attack won this match although will not take a place in the semi final as he is a house robot instead the winner of the Sir Killalot vs Lucas Volman match will be given a bye through to the final.

Pundit

Well that is the end of the December show, join us next time for the January show with the Transfer window open and many of our players in the last 6months on there contract and so able to discuss with foreign clubs it promises to be a very interesting time. Hopefully we will also have a challenge for Dami in the challenge belt competition too

I'm very happy with knocking out the second favourite for the World Wars! and even happy that my opponent is currently injured! Should be a final for me then! Wish I'd predicted myself now! haha

I'm very happy with knocking out the second favourite for the World Wars! and even happy that my opponent is currently injured! Should be a final for me then! Wish I'd predicted myself now! haha

read the post under yours, he's your opponent

Hmm, perhaps that is I? Hope so, sounds great!

It wasn't you I was talking about, although you had an even better record as BSP top scorer so you could possibly say you are in the same boat, although as I have finished holidaying i couldn;t possibly speculate anymore due to knowing all the transfers that have happened ;). All I'm gonna say is at least four players have moved clubs including two to English champions league clubs where they are getting games, You will find out when these players are next in there competitions or if they are already out of everything when they enter a challenge belt or grudge match, or in the end of season update

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Figured this is probably a good time to mention this, You May have noticed at the start of the season when the Schedule was released there was an event Called House Robot Rebellion which no one had the opportunity to enter, I will be contacting people over the next fortnight to take part in this event which takes place in May, You will be contacted via PM if you have been Chosen and will have to do something within a certain period of time to confirm your entry into this competition which will have a small amount of prize money. The people chosen to enter this will be chosen on the best players that have performed in the game and also regular posters in this thread , although the two robots who are contesting the World Wars Final will not be eligible as that is also taking place in may. Don't worry if you have not been chosen and you see others being chosen, people will be contacted in small groups about there entry spread out over the next two weeks so you may still get your chance.

Wow!

Could I get a screenshot of my player? :)

Screen shots are given out to players who win competitions, grudge matches or challenge belt matches, if you want a screen shot either challenge for the belt or a grudge match, or i think your player is still in at least one competition so you may get it if you win that

Pundit

Welcome to the January show, we don't have so many battles for you this month but we have some crackers in there, including a very impressive performance by one of the robots. Once again no one has challenged for the belt, hopefully that will change next month.

Gauntlet Quarter Final three

Pundit

The random number generator has once again thrown up the number 2 so we will be comparing the amount of goals scored. This is our final quarter final and after this we will know the line up of our Gauntlet Semi Finals.

Battle

Alesi Shotronne has still not made his debut for Palermo and is currently training with the U20s, although he has now picked up an injury which will keep him out for around two weeks. He has however been given a new contact until June 2013 with a slight pay rise he is now on £140 a week

Score 0

Chris Owen, well what can you say about this guy, he started the month at Newport County earning £600 a week and ended it at Tottenham on £105,000 a week. He had a poor start to the month by his standards rating in at 6.9 in the 3-1 win over York, before scoring three and rating in at 9.6 in the 3-1 win over Crawley in what would prove to be his last game at the club, on the 10th of January he moved to Tottenham for £425k, signing a contract for £105k a week. He left Newport with an outstanding record, scoring 38 goals in 26 games and picking up 16 Man of the match awards, 17 assists for his team mate and finishing with an average rating of 8.72. He wasn’t overawed in his new surroundings though, in his first Tottenham game he helped the side to a 5-0 win over scoring two goals and rating in at 9.5. He failed to score but still rated a 7.4 as the team drew with Liverpool before being ineledgible for the FA Cup clash against Arsenal which Spurs lost 5-0.

Score 5

Sam Flynn is still training with the u18s at Leeds and with his contract up ate the end of the season will really need to start trying to make his breakthrough at the club.

Score 0

Judges

Well outstanding by Chris Owen he flies through in first place, we feel that Alesi Shotronne deserves second place due to getting a new contract.

Pundit

Chris Owen is now the clear favourite for this tournament with that fantastic performance, Alesi will have to up his game to make the final as he really doesn’t deserve to have made it this far.

1) Chris Owen

2) Alesi Shotronne

Well that means the draw for the Semi finals is now complete

1) Sir Killalot Vs Dead Metal Vs Chris Owen

2) Chris Hatton Vs Mackemkillah Vs Alesi Shotronne

I can’t see anyone challenging Chris Owen Here

Goal Frenzy Quarter Final 3

Pundit

Gon Pereira will struggle here unless he makes a move as his season has finished, whereas Ishu will be looking to improve now his transfer has finally gone through.

Gon Pereira has just been moved down to the Derry City u18s although it is expected that this is just for the off season to keep his fitness up and he should be back amongst the first team. He has however been given a new contract until the end of December 2012 an extention of 6 months, with a pay increase he is now up to £130 a week.

Score 0

Ishu has completed his transfer to Lyon where he signed a contract worth £400 a week until June 2015. Despite being amongst the first team he is yet to make an appearance

Score 0

Judges

This was a tough decision for us to make, but in the end we felt we had to just give it too Gon Pereira who only failed to make an appearance as his season has ended.

Pundit

A boring match there but Gon Pereira progresses to the semi final, where he will have to improve as he’s up against the might of Chris Owen.

Archived