What is your general opinion on FM 2011?

So what if the thousands of us who are't having transfer issues post screenshots dose that mean were right and your wrong ?

the game will always have bugs on release and thats a fact and if you think otherwise your in cookoo land, weather this is eceptable is another debate some of us get on with it and some dont and act like world will end and more aless accuse si of purposely releasing a bug game which it beyond a joke

+1 well said

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1 well said

+2 finally some people with sense on here!!

Just because a small amount of people are ranting and raving, and i think you will find the same posters in alot of these threads, does not mean every single person thinks this way, it appears to be a small minority doing the most complaining, that to me does not say this is a "broken" game in any way shape or form. If it truely was broken there would not be one person enjoying any aspect of the game, whereas is in truth it is a small proportion of people who have bought the the game.

If you really feel like its not working correctly, upload your saves, and make a thread about it without ranting and raving and demanding your money back and i promise SI will respond within a very small period of time.

Just because a small amount of people are ranting and raving, and i think you will find the same posters in alot of these threads, does not mean every single person thinks this way, it appears to be a small minority doing the most complaining, that to me does not say this is a "broken" game in any way shape or form. If it truely was broken there would not be one person enjoying any aspect of the game, whereas is in truth it is a small proportion of people who have bought the the game.

If you really feel like its not working correctly, upload your saves, and make a thread about it without ranting and raving and demanding your money back and i promise SI will respond within a very small period of time.

this is my huge gripe with ranters. Its not that they are unhappy (they may well very good reason to be) its the fact that they dont sort the issue out. SI cant work with a rant, they can work with an uploaded game save, but too few of those people who are unhappy actually take the (little) time to do it

So what if the thousands of us who are't having transfer issues post screenshots dose that mean were right and your wrong ?

the game will always have bugs on release and thats a fact and if you think otherwise your in cookoo land, weather this is eceptable is another debate some of us get on with it and some dont and act like world will end and more aless accuse si of purposely releasing a bug game which it beyond a joke

Fine, go play in a top league for a season or two and let us know how many ridiculous player offers you get.

Of course games will have bugs, but they should be contained to minor obscure items. This one completely breaks a key component of the simulation game. The AI clubs are offering out world class players for pennies to their rivals. That's a gamebreaker. I believe the beta testers have admitted that they did report this issue to SI beforehand, but SI couldn't fix it in time and released the game in its broken state.

Fine, go play in a top league for a season or two and let us know how many ridiculous player offers you get.

Of course games will have bugs, but they should be contained to minor obscure items. This one completely breaks a key component of the simulation game. The AI clubs are offering out world class players for pennies to their rivals. That's a gamebreaker. I believe the beta testers have admitted that they did report this issue to SI beforehand, but SI couldn't fix it in time and released the game in its broken state.

Im 5 seasons in and seen about 2 dodgy transfers that ok for you ?? take it your a games designer aswell or programmer seem as you know so much

This thread has moved far beyond than just giving out opinion.

My position is that a lot of us have posted pretty indefensible evidence of the broken transfer market. We want SI to release a quality game with no significant issues to core components and stop relying on patches. However, this position is being undermined by people who defend the game blindly by ignoring all the screenshots because they personally haven't experienced it. All this time, their argument is that this is really a non-issue and the silent majority are happily enjoying the game. Of course, this is really no way to know what the silent majority are thinking. However, this does reinforce SI's complacency because Miles made the same argument on Twitter.

Simply put, do you agree that the screenshots and evidence present a view of a broken transfer system? And if you encountered the same on your game, would you be angry at SI for letting this happen on FM11 when it didn't on FM10?

Ok first of all look at the bolded part of your quote. Are you seriously saying that the evidence has all been cooked up or is it just a simple grammar mistake? I'd like to know.

Second, one bug even if it a big one does not a broken game make, unless it causes multiple CtDs across all types of computer system, or otherwise renders the game unplayable (I'm thinking CM2010's broken ME here). The transfer bug is not it. We are defending the game because the game is a good one even if there is a serious bug affecting it (just like a lot of people defended and liked Civ III despite acknowledging that it was buggy as hell). And if the majority were not liking the game we'd hear about it, people do turn out a lot more for things they're against than things they're for (why else do you think the Tea Party is so strong US).

Ok so to answer you a question, can you think of five major good PC games released over the last 20 years with at least one major bug in it (i.e. big enough to need a patch). If you can then I will accept that this game is severly broken, despite the evidence of my own playing enjoyment. I'm guessing you won't, as I have never seen a game which was released without need for a patch (and I'm going back as far as MOO here, which needed 3).

To be fair, it's the same two or three people consistently defending FM11. Quite frankly, you and I don't know what the silent majority are thinking. Perhaps they played the game for a couple of hours and cast it aside until March.

If that's your definition of broken, then no software ever was broken because I'm sure someone enjoyed some aspect of it. Not a very high standard you're setting for SI there.

this is my huge gripe with ranters. Its not that they are unhappy (they may well very good reason to be) its the fact that they dont sort the issue out. SI cant work with a rant, they can work with an uploaded game save, but too few of those people who are unhappy actually take the (little) time to do it

exactly they would rather moan than actually do anything to help, threads like this will not make SI rethink anything, or help them make this game better, the only thing they will be interested in is save games they can look at and improve the game on.

I have no issue with people being unhappy, thats everyones right, but at least work with SI to solve your problems.

To be fair, it's the same two or three people consistently defending FM11. Quite frankly, you and I don't know what the silent majority are thinking. Perhaps they played the game for a couple of hours and cast it aside until March.

If that's your definition of broken, then no software ever was broken because I'm sure someone enjoyed some aspect of it. Not a very high standard you're setting for SI there.

And its clueless people like yourself and few others who cant handle the fact that some of us are enjoying game what are you the fm grinch or something get over yourself mate

In four transfer windows now the only dodgy transfer I've seen is Zhirkov (sp) (the Chelsea wing back) go to Man Utd for free, but I don't think that's totally unrealistic as he wasn't playing

I get offered a lot of players on my shortlist but never for free or peanuts

Man City had a lot of their team Transfer Listed as they finished 7th & won nothing so not crazy. None of them left & they're all happy now as Man City finished a lot higher the next season

I've got 3 or 4 mates playing this, totally unaware of these forums & they're enjoying it with no problems

We could say the same about the people ranting about the game too. But you'd be wrong about 2 or 3 defending the game, most of the game's defenders have given up in exasperation of one too many times of saying "yes there are porblems needing fixing but the game is far from broken and is quite enjoyable actually" and have just decamped to GP&TG or T&TF (which are both well stocked with posters) for a bit of peace and quiet with others who won't shout theor heads off everytime they're disagreed with.

And yes the game is not broken, the game is made with bugs in, some minor, smoe major. But it is not a situation where you have to play an extremely gamey tactic every time to win, which turns out to be also an autowin button (e.g. Civ V), or a situation where you can drive through mountains, infinitely in reverse (e.g. Big Rigs Racing), or a game which is massively prone to CtDs across all rigs it's played on (can't think of one right now, but there are many games like FO3 worse than FM for CtDs that I don't consider broken).

In four transfer windows now the only dodgy transfer I've seen is Zhirkov (sp) (the Chelsea wing back) go to Man Utd for free, but I don't think that's totally unrealistic as he wasn't playing

I get offered a lot of players on my shortlist but never for free or peanuts

Man City had a lot of their team Transfer Listed as they finished 7th & won nothing so not crazy. None of them left & they're all happy now as Man City finished a lot higher the next season

I've got 3 or 4 mates playing this, totally unaware of these forums & they're enjoying it with no problems

Same as alot of us jonny, im sure 1 of chuckle brothers will find something to disagree with though :D

people moaning will ALWAYS outweight those sticking up for the game, especially on a faceless internet where you can shout your head off without any reprocusions.

Please do not twist what i am saying to try and back up your argument, myself and countless thousands are enjoying this game, just because you are not does not mean it is broken and it does not mean everyone should think the same, at least try and understand that if you choose to ignore everything else that has been said.

people moaning will ALWAYS outweigh those sticking up for the game, especially on a faceless internet where you can shout your head off without any repercussions.

Please do not twist what i am saying to try and back up your argument, myself and countless thousands are enjoying this game, just because you are not does not mean it is broken and it does not mean everyone should think the same, at least try and understand that if you choose to ignore everything else that has been said.

Worse thing about all this though is like yourself and few others Ive not said the games perfect like were getting accused of i know it as certain issues but i can deal with it and i still enjoy it which it seems is a crime on here

Those defending the transfer system please justify this:

lOFHW.jpg

QfODt.jpg

11qkajd.jpg

Thats in your game mate have you not been following this thread right

some of us are yet to see this and were 4-5 seasons in

just because you same your games broke dose't mean the rest of ours are accept it

Those are screen shots from other people's games not mine.

And we're all using the same patch... It's broken, how can you even defend it.

Oh my god is it me or are people been dim

ok thats in someones game but not in MINE can you understand that or shall i draw a picture

and if thats not your game how the hell do you know whats going on ?

because they choose to ignore what is said.

If that isnt even your game what is your problem? Has this happened in your game, or are you one of those people who has chose to complain based on threads rather than playing the game for yourself?

Anyway the only REAL issue there is the prices they are being offerd at, i believe this is being looked at, apart from that players may choose to leave any club for any amount of reasons, those screen shots show very little info, hence why that thread was closed down, very few people were actually doing anything to help, just ranting on and on.

All it is is a list of top players who are currently unhappy with their teams. It could be for many reasons, like homesickness, bad performances, underperfomance by team, new manager they don't like, strict discipline (had to sell a player on account of that in FM10 for £3m 18 months after refusing £9m bids for him).

It would be the same as trying to get us to defend this,

or this,

or this,

or when Beckham engineered a move to Real 6 months before actually leaving, or Rooney throwing a tantrum back in October, and only deciding to stay when it turned out nobody was interested in him. The list can go on and on for as long as I would be interested in typing <player> unhappy <club> into my google search box.

All it is is a list of top players who are currently unhappy with their teams. It could be for many reasons, like homesickness, bad performances, underperfomance by team, new manager they don't like, strict discipline.

Or it could be because their manager asked them to learn how to cut inside when dribbling :rolleyes:

Ronaldo moving to BARCELONA for 35m CANNOT be DEFENDED!

In my game Gareth Bale has been transfer listed for 6m for 2 YEARS even though Tottenham won the League and CL double in the first season!

Dani Alves got unhappy because I fined him 1 weeks wage and I told him i'm sorry and it won't happen again and he said he DOESN't BELIEVE ME?! now he's leaving on a free transfer but NO clubs are interested in him even though he's a world class player

For those that don't experience world class players being offered for ridiculous low values, what league are you playing in? My guess is that you're not managing a top league and are sheltered from this issue. I'd be very surprised if you were managing a top league and did not experience these issues. Remember, we're not purposely unsettling these players. They are being offered out by the AI clubs.

For those that don't experience world class players being offered for ridiculous low values, what league are you playing in? My guess is that you're not managing a top league and are sheltered from this issue. I'd be very surprised if you were managing a top league and did not experience these issues. Remember, we're not purposely unsettling these players. They are being offered out by the AI clubs.

Im playing as Manchester United. the only weird one was tevez to chelsea in jan 2011, however recent events suggest that may not be so wierd after all. Man cty playersd are largely unhappy on mine, but when those players are the likes of balotelli and adebayor, not that out the ordinary, certainly not enough to destroy my game

Ok so to answer you a question, can you think of five major good PC games released over the last 20 years with at least one major bug in it (i.e. big enough to need a patch). If you can then I will accept that this game is severely broken, despite the evidence of my own playing enjoyment. I'm guessing you won't, as I have never seen a game which was released without need for a patch (and I'm going back as far as MOO here, which needed 3).

I don't play too many PC games since I have a Mac, but off the top of my head, I don't recall any gamebreaking bugs for Mass Effect, Halo, NBA2K10, Gears of war. I could go on, but I really can't recall a game recently that I've set aside due to a bug.

To be fair, it's the same two or three people consistently defending FM11.

The same trolls that managed to make this thread close: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236515-%28-Game-Breaking-transfer-bug

If you think your game works perfectly, that there aren't any bug, that everything's perfect, then good for you. You're whether very lucky or blinded by your deep faith in the perfection of the product.

Every year, people moan about this or that, most of the time for no reason, just to express their frustration.

This year, it's different. I'm on the biggest french forum on FM (or not to hurt egos, let's say "one of the 3 big french forums"), and I can tell you there are far more people complaining than the regular load of whiners we usually have every year.

French league isn't playable properly. Transfers are running wild, any one playing in a french league can see that: teams are recruiting tons of players: 40, 50, up to 60. Something is broken, that's a fact.

The game is of course still playable. If you click Continue, the game proceeds. But that's totally unrealistic and breaks all the fun.

A thread on this problem if you still don't wanna believe : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235430-Weird-France-transfers

http://hapshack.com/images/olympiioi.png

And as already spotted, that's far from being the only issue you can find.

I personally play in Blue Square to avoid problems (silly transfers, french league transfer bug) and like OP said, I have the X "must be stopped" bug. Over and over again, the same message before every game for the same player. Sigames didn't even answer to this problem despite a lot of comments on the thread. It doesn't make the game unplayable, it just makes one player very unhappy for no special reason. Too bad for realism ...

That's the sum of details that ruins the whole thing. If you don't wanna pay attention, fine, good for you, but if you put everything together, I think it fine to say it is not acceptable to release a game in that state.

I'm just here to give this message: this year, despite a very good potential and interesting new features, the game isn't working right. Maybe the patch will fix most of the problems and make it the best version ever, I hope so, but right now, it's not the case, it's probably the worst ever as a lot of things make it plainly unrealistic to play.

A lot of fans are really unhappy with that, SI should be aware of that (what, from what I've seen of their communication on the numerous bugs doesn't really seem to be the case ...).

It would be the same as trying to get us to defend this,

or this,

or this,

or when Beckham engineered a move to Real 6 months before actually leaving, or Rooney throwing a tantrum back in October, and only deciding to stay when it turned out nobody was interested in him. The list can go on and on for as long as I would be interested in typing <player> unhappy <club> into my google search box.

But you know what these clubs did? They rejected the transfer request. In FM11, Tevez would be sold to Utd for 10m.

What challenge am I getting in my Arsenal game when I'm offered top players every other week for under 10m? Even Spurs offered me their key player Modric for 7.5m with him still having 3 years left on his contract. I thought my 30m transfer budget could get me one good player, not a whole team.

I don't play too many PC games since I have a Mac, but off the top of my head, I don't recall any gamebreaking bugs for Mass Effect, Halo, NBA2K10, Gears of war. I could go on, but I really can't recall a game recently that I've set aside due to a bug.

Gears of war had so many bugs with its multi player version that MLG stopped using it........

If you think your game works perfectly, that there aren't any bug, that everything's perfect, then good for you. You're whether very lucky or blinded by your deep faith in the perfection of the product.

please please please please actually read what we have said, all of you having a go please read our earlier posts, NONE of us have said this game is perfect and that it does not have its problems, but it is no where near as bad as some people seem to make out. the majority of people will be at home enjoying this game perfectly fine.

So we are trolls because we choose to disagree with the people complaining.........

But you know what these clubs did? They rejected the transfer request. In FM11, Tevez would be sold to Utd for 10m.

What challenge am I getting in my Arsenal game when I'm offered top players every other week for under 10m? Even Spurs offered me their key player Modric for 7.5m with him still having 3 years left on his contract. I thought my 30m transfer budget could get me one good player, not a whole team.

tevez may still choose to retire from football altogether, can you imagine the rage on these forums if that happened in someones game before this happened............................................

Thats in your game mate have you not been following this thread right

some of us are yet to see this and were 4-5 seasons in

just because you same your games broke dose't mean the rest of ours are accept it

Are you mental?

Just because the transfer bug has not affected your game doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist and therefore SI shouldn't do anything about it.

I started this thread, and after reading comments, it seems as if there is a good 30%/40% of people complaining about issues similar to the one above.

I'm glad it hasn't affected your game mate and I hope it never does, but it has unfortunately affected many others and consequently needs to be addressed by SI ASAP.

please please please please actually read what we have said, all of you having a go please read our earlier posts, NONE of us have said this game is perfect and that it does not have its problems, but it is no where near as bad as some people seem to make out. the majority of people will be at home enjoying this game perfectly fine.

So we are trolls because we choose to disagree with the people complaining.........

Absolutely correct. I and countless friends are 2-4 seasons in and have not encountered any of these problems that people are moaning about and were completely unaware of them until I came on to the forum. Like milnerpoint said, yes there are bugs but the majority of people are at home enjoying the game perfectly fine

I'm Birmingham in the EPL, I don't have top players on my shortlist so I don't get offered them. Checking the the transfer list & none of the top stars are transfer listed. Like I mentioned above, Man City had 6 or 7 listed (Kompany, De Jong, Balotelli, Hart, Barry & Johnson among them) but Man City were underperforming or they weren't playing & none of them left anyway

Are those examples posted all in one save at the same time?

I'm not here to defend the the game for the record :) But I don't think the transfers are broken, the players & the interaction is too negattive which leads to these transfers & transfer listed players & with them on your shortlist you'll get offered them

I have noticed Marseille buying a hell of a lot players which I see's been mentioned around but I'm sure it'll get looked into

Nope.

Trolling because you just want to prove to people that are complaining about bugs in the game, lots of bugs in the game, that they are just wrong. Because you know what works and what doesn't. You know where is the limit of acceptable, you know when people can have fun and when they can't. And you want to prove them ...

It's pointless.

I rarely make comments on these forums (plus I'm not even a native english speaker) but I saw you several time always make the same type of "you're must be wrong, it's not a bug, the game is perfect you just don't know how to play it properly" type of comment.

That's pretty annoying because it's just going nowhere.

Like in this thread for example : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243699-Very-Poor-Morale

First reflex : Not at all young fella, what's happening to you is perfectly normal ...

If the idea is to provoke people and enter in neverending debates, you're doing just the right way ...

Are you mental?

Just because the transfer bug has not affected your game doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist and therefore SI shouldn't do anything about it.

I started this thread, and after reading comments, it seems as if there is a good 30%/40% of people complaining about issues similar to the one above.

I'm glad it hasn't affected your game mate and I hope it never does, but it has unfortunately affected many others and consequently needs to be addressed by SI ASAP.

Who said they did't exist you clown find a post were i said that please do ?? all ive done is tell people to speak for themselves not EVERYONE else

Are those examples posted all in one save at the same time?

Barely into second season into my game, I've been offered Dzeko, Benzema, Paulo Henrique, Balotelli, Boateng, Frey, Montollivio, Lavezzi, Shawcross, De Rossi, Akinfeev and bunch more that I can't recollect all for very low prices. I stopped playing when Spurs (I'm Arsenal) offered me Modric for 7.5m.

Also, I'm not doing anything strange here to unsettle players. Imagine if I made an active attempt to unsettle players...

Controversy happens in real life.

Look at the Rooney and Tevez sagas this season.

Ronaldo going to Barca unbelievable? What about when Figo went to Madrid?

Yes I agree there are some flaws. On my game Tevez, Torres and Rooney all requested transfers. Only Torres has got one, because I brought him to Arsenal. Tevez has sat unwanted for a mere £7million for 2 seasons...

But to be honest the only way these forums would be happy is if nothing controversial ever happened....

Who said they did't exist you clown find a post were i said that please do ?? all ive done is tell people to speak for themselves not EVERYONE else

That's ironic considering you are speaking for the silent majority who you claim to be enjoying this game.

That's ironic considering you are speaking for the silent majority who you claim to be enjoying this game.

My word give it a rest will you please your getting boring now ZZZzzzzzzz

if you cant except that im enjoying the game then tuff in it i'll sleep tonite

allardyce been sack if anyone intrested

I do think it's funny that people are arguing "corner cases" as arguments - things like "Tévez is unhappy in real-life, so the game isn't wrong to sell him for £7m (or whatever the figure is)". It's the big picture that counts, and the saved games where the AI consistently on a large-scale basis has issues - i.e. French teams buying up to 60 first-teamers, or peoples' saved games where lots of top players go for face value, including to rivals.

After the initial 'Ooohhh this looks cool'... I have to say I have been pretty much underwhelmed by the whole FM11 experience.

I made a conscious choice a couple of years back to not pay full price at release for any of the FM series as since it changed from being Champ Man to Football Manager, all we have got are minor improvements each release combined with a data update.

This time around I bought it straight-away as I hadn't played FM10 much at all so wanted to get in 'early' and felt that as yet another evolutionary update to the series it should be stable and solid and not full of bugs or niggling balance issues. Well, I was wrong. There are a massive number of bugs that I have encountered the more I play. Not all are game-breaking, but some of the issues are so obvious I am at a loss as to how they made it through testing at all. Just a cursory look though the bugs forum gives a sample of just how many there are.

I'm currently involved in testing a number of titles due for release next year and I have to say I feel as though I am testing FM11, although I have had to pay for the privilege...

In future, I will go back to my rule and not purchase the game until it has been well-patched, and is a reasonable price for a yearly data-update. Maybe in that time we will get a worthwhile competitor to FM and I can vote with my wallet as I feel many of the issues with FM now are simply because it has no competition.

To wally13: Dude, go ahead and enjoy your game. I never told you to stop playing. For those us who aren't playing the game due to bugs, we want SI to do something about the poor quality not only for FM11, but for future versions as well. Why crusade against that? It'll benefit you going forward as well.

I do think it's funny that people are arguing "corner cases" as arguments - things like "Tévez is unhappy in real-life, so the game isn't wrong to sell him for £7m (or whatever the figure is)". It's the big picture that counts, and the saved games where the AI consistently on a large-scale basis has issues - i.e. French teams buying up to 60 first-teamers, or peoples' saved games where lots of top players go for face value, including to rivals.

Mate i agree this should't happen and ive not tried defending it but if this is't happning in my game is it so wrong im enjoying it ??

Mate i agree this should't happen and ive not tried defending it but if this is't happning in my game is it so wrong im enjoying it ??

It's not wrong - but it seems that you are a "corner case" to begin with.

Will Smith didn't think there was nothing wrong with the world in I Am Legend because he wasn't dead or turned into a zombie. Because he was a "corner case".

It's not wrong - but it seems that you are a "corner case" to begin with.

Will Smith didn't think there was nothing wrong with the world in I Am Legend because he wasn't dead or turned into a zombie. Because he was a "corner case".

That's a film though this is reality

you would think some people on here are zombies as in brain dead :D

Archived