What is your general opinion on FM 2011?

That's a film though this is reality

you would think some people on here are zombies as in brain dead :D

Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't think football is all about world-class players because he is one of the few players who are world-class - in terms of worldwide football, Ronaldo is a "corner case".

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronaldo moving to BARCELONA for 35m CANNOT be DEFENDED!

In my game Gareth Bale has been transfer listed for 6m for 2 YEARS even though Tottenham won the League and CL double in the first season!

Dani Alves got unhappy because I fined him 1 weeks wage and I told him i'm sorry and it won't happen again and he said he DOESN't BELIEVE ME?! now he's leaving on a free transfer but NO clubs are interested in him even though he's a world class player

Yes it can, I just did, or do you forget Luis Figo (at the time far bigger than Cry Baby 7) moving the other way. With Dani Alves, do you seriously expect him to believe everything you say. Frankly the more rants I hear about the transfer bug the smaller it gets, and the more likely it is that it just needs an attitude tweek.

Oh, and leaving before you say something you regret, well I think you're way beyond that.

I don't play too many PC games since I have a Mac, but off the top of my head, I don't recall any gamebreaking bugs for Mass Effect, Halo, NBA2K10, Gears of war. I could go on, but I really can't recall a game recently that I've set aside due to a bug.

I didn't ask for gamebreaking, I asked for bugs. Way to ignore my point and question. And guess what ME had 3 patches same as FM puts out every year, FO3 had 7 (and I'm guessing FONV will have a similar number), I'm seeing 8 for Halo, 3 for Gears of War, need I go on. The only companies that don't have some sort of patch strategy are the companies that release games like Big Rigs Racing just to fleece customers, without putting in any work.

Due to this I am going to in future just assume (and correctly in this case) you're whining for no reason, as you have no argeuement, and are willfully ignoring points others make.

Yes it can, I just did, or do you forget Luis Figo (at the time far bigger than Cry Baby 7) moving the other way.

Barcelona made a profit on Figo. Were Madrid to sell Ronaldo for 35mil, they'd make a loss of 45mil. That's where it fails at being realistic.

Barcelona made a profit on Figo. Were Madrid to sell Ronaldo for 35mil, they'd make a loss of 45mil. That's where it fails at being realistic.
Figo was the highest recorded transfer when he moved. Ronaldo here isn't even sold for half of what RM paid.

Makes no difference to my point though does it. Figo engineered a move from one club to their greatest rivals, because he wanted to move. Profit is just an incidental in this case. And it's not like Ronaldo not having previous in this area is it.

I didn't ask for gamebreaking, I asked for bugs. Way to ignore my point and question.

Due to this I am going to in future just assume (and correctly in this case) you're whining for no reason, as you have no argeuement, and are willfully ignoring points others make.

You certainly seem like a fun guy to hang out with.

Makes no difference to my point though does it. Figo engineered a move from one club to their greatest rivals, because he wanted to move. Profit is just an incidental in this case. And it's not like Ronaldo not having previous in this area is it.

What is your point then? We are saying top players are being sold on the cheap, even to rivals. Figo was a record breaking transfer.

Regardless of whether he got unhappy and asked for a move, that's not what we're discussing. Everyone knows footballers are prima-donnas. We're discussing the ludicrous fee asked for him. If Ronaldo was unhappy in real life, he'd most likely be forced to see out his contract, simply because of how much they paid for him. Failing that, it would probably become a legal issue.

What is your point then? We are saying top players are being sold on the cheap, even to rivals. Figo was a record breaking transfer.
Regardless of whether he got unhappy and asked for a move, that's not what we're discussing. Everyone knows footballers are prima-donnas. We're discussing the ludicrous fee asked for him. If Ronaldo was unhappy in real life, he'd most likely be forced to see out his contract, simply because of how much they paid for him. Failing that, it would probably become a legal issue.

OK first of all I'm going to ignore the fact that ye've decided suddenly to move the goalposts, mainly because yere current arguement is equally as bad.

So ye maintain that it is wrong for a player who wants to leave and has been agitating to leave for months should only go if there is a huge profit to make. What an utter load of bull droppings. You honestly think that a player who is sitting around doing nothing but cause hassle, annoy other players/agitating them into following his own position, being generally disruptive and playing poorly on the pitch is going to attract a profitable fee immediately or be held onto until such time as he does.

And in relation to your addition of forcing the player to hold to his contract, remeber recently rules were borught in allowing players to terminate their contracts unilaterally over lack of game time (can't find the exact rule, but IIRC it's <10% of game time over 18months) so how is holding a player to a contract going to help a club when they are not in a position to play him?

OK first of all I'm going to ignore the fact that ye've decided suddenly to move the goalposts, mainly because yere current arguement is equally as bad.

So ye maintain that it is wrong for a player who wants to leave and has been agitating to leave for months should only go if there is a huge profit to make. What an utter load of bull droppings. You honestly think that a player who is sitting around doing nothing but cause hassle, annoy other players/agitating them into following his own position, being generally disruptive and playing poorly on the pitch is going to attract a profitable fee immediately or be held onto until such time as he does.

And in relation to your addition of forcing the player to hold to his contract, remeber recently rules were borught in allowing players to terminate their contracts unilaterally over lack of game time (can't find the exact rule, but IIRC it's <10% of game time over 18months) so how is holding a player to a contract going to help a club when they are not in a position to play him?

Nobody's moving any goalposts. Ye need to take a chill pill. At no point did either of us state that the player needs to leave for a profit. Time and time again ye keep trying to turn the argument into something about morale; which this isn't. We're just stating that the player shouldn't be offered out at less than half of what they paid for him. Especially not a mere season after signing. Offering him out for 50 - 75 that'd be more acceptable (albeit I'd still think this is unrealistic). It's simples. It's a bug. DEAL WITH IT.

But hey, If'd ye'd like to believe that all of the world's top stars have a sissy fit and all want to leave their club at the same time (see; lancer1's post) then I really can't help you.

Why can't the apoligists accept most of those who complain about the bugs don't do it out of spite or because they have some sort of hidden agenda against SI, but simply because their expectations/standards are probably a bit higher than those of the random user?

Some users are just happy to take on Chelsea/Barça and to win left and right... perhaps the transfer bug goes to their advantage and they don't really care...

To put it bluntly: the "silent majority" hasn't enough competence and/or dedication to even NOTICE most of the bugs!

Some die-hard users will instead focus on the tactical side of the game, or on a LLM career, thus paying less attention to what happens on the transfer market.

Some will just see there are issues and go "meh, the game's still great". It's perfectly acceptable... tolerance to bugs and issues varies from person to person, so it's not a biggy.

What however IS a biggy IMO is that those who took the time to report bugs with screenshots, savegames and reports have been treated like random trolls by the Pro-SI Brigade. Not to mention the frustration of finding the same issues year after year, as if nothing had ever been reported...

So please explain me why I should just soldier on with FM11 while the effort I've put in reporting several (biggish and marginal) issues for at least two years has gone to waste... And to add insult to injury, I'm not being treated in a condescending way because "the game is fully playable, if YOU have problems with its flaws, it's YOUR problem"...

Sometimes I think the "I'm not gonna touch a FM game anymore" trolls are the only deserved kind of feedback...

I personally feel this version of the game has great potential and im sure by the 3rd patch it will be the best one yet, but right now I just cant bring myself to even start a new game. With the transfer system (particularly the player interaction problems associated with it) and all the red cards I was experiencing both for and against me in my games I just cant play the game and feel happy with it.

But like I said im confident that the game is going to very good by the 3rd patch. I think next year im going to wait for the patches before buying because 1) I dont want to buy a game and then not play it for months on end because there are issues that I cant tolerate and 2) I want to actually have time to play this current game in its very best state!

I tried the demo. Thought it was utterly awful, so FM11 became the first in the series I haven't bought since I started playing when CM3 came out. I'll still try the demo for FM12, but have no qualms playing FM10 for another year if that's awful too.

I can't help but wonder why the so called silent type are supposedly at home enjoying the game perfectly?

Maybe many of the "silent" people have got issues with the game, lurked around on the forums, and noticed that SI have responded by saying these issues are being looked into for the 11.2 patch.

Just because they don't make a ranting post doesnt mean they are not having issues with the game.

And remember you don't even need an account to view the GD.

RBKalle - You're not got going to get a reasonable answer from the apologists as your posts are too reasonable in themselves. :)

I have to wonder though... when they read the patch notes, I wonder what their reaction will be to seeing all of these various issues officially addressed by SI - given how much time is being spent by them denying the very existence of the multiple bugs.

I can't help but wonder why the so called silent type are supposedly at home enjoying the game perfectly?

There's a lot of people who either play the game solely to win, and therefore download a real time editor, give their favourite club a warchest of £400m and blitz the game. For that group, which is a large portion of the consumer base, FM11 is glorious, as you can buy anyone and everyone, and you can win at the drop of a hat. So the bugs aren't noticed as they aren't an issue for them. This is probably the category Wally falls into so that's why he cannot understand how annoyed people are with FM11.

Then there's the other group of people who buy the game, play it, get bored and have the game silently installed on a massive harddrive never to be used. The bugs aren't noticed by this group of people as they aren't playing the game.

Then there's another group - the first time buyers of FM. For them, FM11 could be the best thing since sliced bread, as they've never played anything close to it in quality - even if compared to other versions of the game it's pure crap, they don't realise it.

Then there's the last group - the people who have bought previous versions of the game, know the score with the patches and play the game in detail for the simulation aspect of the title. It's this group and this group alone who know what they're talking about in relation to the bugs.

Makes no difference to my point though does it. Figo engineered a move from one club to their greatest rivals, because he wanted to move. Profit is just an incidental in this case.

Profit is incidental only if Figo was actually valued at € 60M when Real sold him.

The relevance of the "profit" lies in the ACTUAL VALUE of the player being sold. Unless there are valid reasons [ie: troublemakers or colossal flops] a player brought in as Starting XI material won't be sold for zero profit*, or for his face value.

It's backups and deadwood who leave for whatever offer comes in... Not important-ok players...

(* profit based on the "generally accepted market value", not on the transfer fee he was signed for.)

In real life I doubt Balotelli's "official price tag" was € 29.5M, just like Zlatan's isn't the odd € 20M AC Milan could/will pay to keep him next summer.

Balotelli was a needed-but-not-an-emergency sale, so Inter still managed to get good money for him. Zlatan on the other hand was indeed a panic loan-sale, in a rare case when the short-term loss is more affordable than the long-term one.

Still, in FM2011 there seem to be plenty of "panic sales" due to flawed AI-AI interaction, and also plenty of "face value sales" happening for no actual reason.

RBKalle - There's a lot of people who either play the game solely to win, and therefore download a real time editor, give their favourite club a warchest of £400m and blitz the game. For that group, which is a large portion of the consumer base, FM11 is glorious, as you can buy anyone and everyone, and you can win at the drop of a hat. So the bugs aren't noticed as they aren't an issue for them. This is probably the category Wally falls into so that's why he cannot understand how annoyed people are with FM11.

The bolky part,

i lol'd :thup:

I'm actually mostly enjoying this years, only really a few gripes for me.

1. The really big clubs buying loads of young players for 300k or so a time each transfer window and never bringing in experienced world class player or big money signings.

2. The player match rating system. Its awful, reminds of 09 which was really tight with their offerings too. Its not game breaking but when you win the league with Villarreal in your first season, you expect more than 1 of your first team squad to achieve an average of 7.00 or above. You certainly do not expect Nilmar to be getting a 6.77 when he has scored 34 in 42 games and Rossi to be getting 6.91 when he has 27 goals and 14 assists. That for me is my major gripe with this years version so far. It also happened to me when I took Parma to the Europa League final and finished 4th in my second season. Bojinov scored 23 goals in 32 and Pavluychenko scored 19 in 24. Both players failed to get average ratings above 7.00 at the end of the season. Completely unrealistic and very annoying. This is something which needs to be addressed and patched as far as I'm concerned, been playing since CM97/98 and only FM 09 has had a worse match rating system in my experience.

I haven't had any of the big player transfer bugs in my 2 saves so far, and I think that if the issues are sorted in due time, this could be a fantastic edition of FM. But the way things stand, its not as good as 10, mainly because its not much different, only that 10 was a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience.

In general, I'm enjoying it, but I don't like how the unpredictable morale system seems to have taken precedence over tactics. The overwhelming and largely unavoidable complacency effect, in particular, basically functions as rubberband AI.

I don't mind having morale being important, but as it stands, it's 9/10ths of the result of every match.

Archived