The Advanced Panel Activation Guide & Teamspeak Thread

You can indeed activate the advanced panel by overwrite or editing a specific editor file.

Editing xml's directly is just another way of editing your game.

In general, there are 6 ways to edit your game:

* Use the official editor in the normal way

* Use the official editor with the advanced panel

* Edit xml files directly

* Use a 3rd party pre-game editor

* Use a 3rd party savegame editor

* Create ddt, edt and lnc files for the game to load

never mind, i'll just try the download again. Any idea why it wouldn't have worked before?

You have to download and extract it to the editor/data directory. It will replaces the "format" folder with a new one.

When you load up the editor afterward it will look very similar, but with the addition of "advanced rules" below the nation rules.

You have to download and extract it to the editor/data directory. It will replaces the "format" folder with a new one.

When you load up the editor afterward it will look very similar, but with the addition of "advanced rules" below the nation rules.

did that buddy, followed the instructions to the letter and it's not working, i'm not looking for help any more, i've quit trying. i just resented the assumption that i couldn't follow a simple set of instructions

No need to as you got the files you need, just post the screenshots and I'll help you...

look, if there is another way to do it, wouldn't that just be easier for all of us. my problem would be fixed and i'm sure i'm ****ing everyone off at the moment (i'm sorry if i am, little bit stressed out) so i'm sure the solution to this problem would be welcome as it would bring about my departure from your threads

The easiest solution is infact to use the file that already are uploaded. Also if you aren't able to get the advanced panels working with Magic's download, then it is way more difficult to edit the xml file..

All the files in the format folder in (tools/editor/data) can be edited to add things to the editor. The format.xml file contains the code for the advanced panel, but it's been placed outside of the File system, so you just need to put it in. It will come up as List if you do it this way (but you can rename List to Advanced Panel).

My file includes so many amendments to the format folder files that so much has been activated (rankings, cup fates etc) and most of these are vital, and the game won't work without them.

The instructions set should be sufficient. I used them and it activated my system.

Make sure the default folder winrar tries to extract the files to is the format folder.

My file includes so many amendments to the format folder files that so much has been activated (rankings, cup fates etc) and most of these are vital, and the game won't work without them.

Perhaps I'm not looking right, but where is your file?

(I have the file that Steven posted long ago.)

It's a rar file which contains all the files in the format folder, some have been edited to activate things hidden by default. It's not just the one file that Steven posted - that was the format.xml file, and he got rid of the file section, I've kept it and added Advanced Panel below it.

Is the Wiki page still being updated? I'm very curious to use the advanced panel with some guidance.

Thanks!

I haven't had the time to update it since last time, which was to set up nation rules.

I will try and update it soon, I'll be doing an example of a league as the first competition, then I will try and do a league with playoffs. After that I'll show how to do cups.

I have a problem with some changes, I have made through the Advanced Editor. Maybe you guys can help me.

I made the Danish Cup more like reality, but I can't select the changes in FM though. It isn't listed when I am starting a new game. I can see other xml-files from the editor data-folder though?

Would anyone mind testing it in their game? I can open it with the editor, and it shows the changes under "Advanced Rules".

The file can be downloaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/401112419/NyLandspokal.xml.html

Thanks in advance. :)

Think of UCL for example. It has three stages.

The first is qualifying stage, with knockout system ('cup' in the editor). It can have 4 rounds, from 1st to 4th qualifying round.

The second is the group stage, with double round robin system ('group' in the editor).

The third stage is another knock out ('cup') stage which has 4 rounds: the round of 16, quarter final, semi final, and final.

Thank you very much.

Now I have a new problem though. The Danish Cup I made doesn't replace the old one. Actually, no changes happens to the cup. All the work I did in the editor doesn't take effect.

Please try to keep the thread on topic - this is for the activation guide and the teamspeak set up - there is already a thread for advanced questions.

Your problem is you have nation rules set up - you cannot use both advanced panel or nation rules, you have to choose one or the other. Delete nation rules.

Please try to keep the thread on topic - this is for the activation guide and the teamspeak set up - there is already a thread for advanced questions.

Your problem is you have nation rules set up - you cannot use both advanced panel or nation rules, you have to choose one or the other. Delete nation rules.

Thanks!

Sorry about me being off topic. I misunderstood the topic title. :)

• 1 year later...

A question for those who edit. I'm creating a world league with the best teams in the world and I would like to remove as making national teams, I do not have choices, that no calls or World Cups or European Championships or classifications, also I want to do with the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup. Sorry for my English.

• 1 year later...

Archived