FMH FAQ & Thread Index

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Transfer budgets

For those of you who have noticed very small transfer budgets within the game - this is a quickstart-only issue affecting only some clubs and one we're working on fixing as a priority for a future update.

If you've already started a game using quickstarts then the budgets should return to normal in the second season. If you've not started a game yet, go to [Preferences] and set 'Quickstarts' to 'No' - you should find that the starting budgets in the game are now much more realistic!

Minor problem: when selecting tackling mentality the description at the top doesn't fit; the sentence ends with 'ma'.

EDIT:

Ommission/Bug: it's not possible to view team tactics by clicking the name of the club when Action Zones are being viewed; it is possible to view tactics on all other screens during a match e.g. Match Stats, Home Stats, Away Stats etc...

New feature: since we're able to view player attributes via the player stats page during a match it would be nice to be able to view play attributes via the tactics pages too.

Have found that when allowing AssMan to play friendlies you lose your tactics and line up etc when you go back in to squad details - is annoying considering how long it takes.

Quick start info helps greatly!

• SI Staff
Any chance on getting custom tactics?

It would be easy to use them on the touch screen of the iphone and help boost that aspect of the game a lot just like the desktop version

They might get introduced to the game at some stage in the future - however for this first iteration the most important thing for me was to try and create a compelling game which was fun and felt realistic and easy to use .... as such custom tactics would have complicated the UI controls somewhat most likely so I erred on the side of simplicity in that regard.

I'm presently working on the first update to the game and intently listening to the feedback you are all giving so I can figure out which direction the game should head in going forward ..

One thing I've been wondering, and not being a coder I'd have no clue, but given that this is an accessable experience for any who want to dip into the game, would it be possible to make (theoretical)additional management options, well, optional? Leave the default as it is to ensure user-friendliness while making some of the new additions toggleable. That way changes aren't going to turn off people who are playing the game without experience of the PC iterations, and I've no doubt there are more than a few given the popularity of iPhone and the fact that this is currently the top grossing app on the UK store.

For instance - If you want custom tactics enabled (and a potentially more cluttered UI as a result) you could 'show' them by ticking a box in the preferences menu. For, say, tactics pertaining to individual players I'm thinking along similar lines, the game operating as it does now with the AI taking the burden for you if you don't want to have to rely on extreme micro-management to get by but the extra layer of tinkering made available if you select it.

• SI Staff
I dont know if i have missed this but i dont seemt to be able to nominate a team captain. also if u choose the select team option is your assistant picking your team they put injured players in before fit ones ?

You don't select a captain in FMH iPhone - although your players leadership abilities will influence the match as usual.

PS - When you say 'injured' do you mean slightly injured or unavailable? ..

Have been playing for a couple of days - nice app generally - however a couple of problems:

Lower league teams too good - three out of four League Cup sem-finalists were not premier league (I was the fourth as Chelsea and struggled to beat the likes of Plymouth and Blackpool - ie had to save and re-play a number of times). Before anyone says - it is not my tactics as I won Premier League but couldn't beat lower league opposition. Same with FA Cup where I had to save and re-play final four times to beat Newcastle. Not a premier team in sight for domestic cup finals.

On a more techie note. Game does not remember players Transfer status - and I have to repeatedly change the Transfer-listed tab (this may be after offering them to other clubs - or just randomly happening) - which may lead to the third point.

Seems too difficult to sell players. I list the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Carvalho second season without a sniff of interest.

One last thing - start of season two - board expectation screen says I have £6.75m to spend - transfer screen confirms I have £37.5m. I restarted season two twice as I could not believe I had that little (only to fnd out that I did indeed not have that little) to spend.

Other than that nice little game - well done.

Quick update on the 2D match screen "freezing". It only happens in the second half of a match and it doesn't seem to matter what team you're playing or what action is playing

Pretty certain I'm on the latest OS on a 3GS, not jailbroken so I'd be surprised if it was the phone causing this

Another bug (again has been mentioned by others). When making the last substituion in match it randomly kicks me back to the app select screen. Only seems to be when making the final substition and it seems to be random when it happens (most games it's fine but then it'll happen). Also doesn't seem to matter when the final substituion is made either (i.e all 3 at the same time, 1 then 2, 2 then 1, 1 then 1 the 1). I have only ever made the last substition in the second half so don't know if it crashes in the first half as well

Hope this helps

Other than these annoying but dealable bugs it's a great app. First FM I've ever really enjoyed and my favourite SI offering since CM01/02. Thank you

Seems too difficult to sell players. I list the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Carvalho second season without a sniff of interest.

+1

I'm using Inter and even the worst of the squad - some team from Serie B or C1 would be willing to buy for a dead cheap price!

Anyone with success in selling?

You don't select a captain in FMH iPhone - although your players leadership abilities will influence the match as usual.

Oddly enough I received a message that I had not selected a captain when I subbed Fabregas late on in a recent game.

BUG?

====

When changing squad selection players are removed as penalty or set piece takers. For example, if my MR and ML are set to take corners and penalties and I swap them over in team selection they are both removed from the corner and penalty taker lists. This doesn't appear to occur if I am swapping players over during a match.

***On the player search screen we need an option where we can see player stats. Its very time consuming and battery draining to search through hundreds of pages of players to find someone with the right stats to fit the formation im playing.***

Suggestions:

1) On the main player screen, the one with all the attributes, can there be a space for status icons? e.g. Lst, Inj

2) For the squad selection screen, is it possible to have an option of viewing both selection and condition? It's just a bit fiddly to scroll between the two at present.

Hey

Dislikes -

Because the 2D screen is only highlights I don't have the anticipation of whether a text only attack will bring a goal as I know unless it flicks to 2D it won't be (obviously you can turn the 2D off but I do enjoy seeing the goals go in so it's a catch 22). WOuld be good if we could have teh full match in 2d (unliekly due to system constraints I'd assume) or have some goals go in unexpectedly in the text view and maybe a replay in 2d

Totally agree. Takes the edge off the commentary view knowing that an attack will lead to nothing unless it goes to 2D. Although I suppose it still gives you important feedback about how the match is playing out.

Totally agree. Takes the edge off the commentary view knowing that an attack will lead to nothing unless it goes to 2D. Although I suppose it still gives you important feedback about how the match is playing out.

Absolutely. Theh text is a fundamental part of the game (and always has been in fairness). I just "miss" the aticipation in a cup final of never knowing if the latest attack will kill uyour slender 1-0 lead.

2d match bug - Marc, If your reading my posts then start ignoring them as I'm giving contradicting info constantly

Currently I have had the 2D bug in the 1st and 2nd halfs and in zoomed in and normal view. Not helpful I know so I apologise

• SI Staff
Persistent crash - I tapped on a computer generated player on squad list to try to look at his attributes and everytime I do this it crashes.

I have tried hard resetting iPhone but still happens.

When you say 'computer generated' do you mean a 'grey' (virtual player) or someone who wasn't in the original database?

PS - One of the things I'm going to be looking at for an update is a way to 'export' peoples save games to SI so we can retrieve and hopefully that will help ensure things like this are fixed asap (at the moment as you probably realise its relying on intuition to ascertain the cause of the issues a little bit too much).

Just noticed that players you've loaned out can line-up against you in league games. Danny Gabbidon went from me (West Ham) to Birmingham and he's come on as a second half-substitute in our league game at St Andrews.

There aren't any loan restrictions in the game at the moment, but it is something we'll look into for future versions... especially if there's a demand for it!

There aren't any loan restrictions in the game at the moment, but it is something we'll look into for future versions... especially if there's a demand for it!

Is something I'd like to see, I noticed it my game but forgot to mention it.

Slightly injured would be selected before fit players. Also your coaches opinion on players change way to much eg nicky butt is the best midfielder at the club one minute and then he is concidered a fringe player the next this happens with most of my team i have coach reported.:confused:

• SI Staff
Slightly injured would be selected before fit players. Also your coaches opinion on players change way to much eg nicky butt is the best midfielder at the club one minute and then he is concidered a fringe player the next this happens with most of my team i have coach reported

I'll check into these two areas, the 'slightly injured' thing is a hard call as some people will field their best players given the chance as soon as possible some (inc. me) prefer to err on the side of caution and always wait until they're fully fit.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but there is a bug with player selections. Nothing major, it can be worked around - but if you're swapping a player into a different position with a player who you've subbed on, the player you're trying to move into another position will get subbed off. This only happens with the click substitutions - it's okay with the drag and drop substitutions.

Great game btw Marc, it's ruining my life.

Couple of quick points, when viewing the league table during a match, after a highlight it returns to the top of the table, very annoying if you are near the bottom. Also the demote to reserves option is in a very illogical place. Surely this belongs somewhere other than transfer status?

• SI Staff
Couple of quick points, when viewing the league table during a match, after a highlight it returns to the top of the table, very annoying if you are near the bottom. Also the demote to reserves option is in a very illogical place. Surely this belongs somewhere other than transfer status?

I agree with the league table - I'll look into that when I get a chance.

(and to be perfectly honest I agree with hte transfer status also - just couldn't think of a better place for it ... will think about that, it'll come to me I'm sure)

Is it possible to arrange friendlies? As Hibs the game keeps giving me non league Scottish sides, which isn't much use for judging players!

Secondly transfer interest is weird. At the start of the game PSG bid for what the game terms Hibs 8th best CM (Thicot) and can be persuaded to bid £850k for him (Value about 1/20th of that) Nottingham Forest paid £850k in January for Rankin, about 6th best and hadn't kicked a ball all season, then Hearts bought Benjelloun for £1.1 million when he hadn't kicked a ball and was 6 months from the end of his contract. Yet I've not had a sniff of interest in any of my first teamers despite winning the league.

Just struck me as a little strange!

• SI Staff
Is it possible to arrange friendlies? As Hibs the game keeps giving me non league Scottish sides, which isn't much use for judging players!

At the moment there isn't however it is something I'll consider for a future version of the game.

Secondly transfer interest is weird. At the start of the game PSG bid for what the game terms Hibs 8th best CM (Thicot) and can be persuaded to bid £850k for him (Value about 1/20th of that) Nottingham Forest paid £850k in January for Rankin, about 6th best and hadn't kicked a ball all season, then Hearts bought Benjelloun for £1.1 million when he hadn't kicked a ball and was 6 months from the end of his contract. Yet I've not had a sniff of interest in any of my first teamers despite winning the league.

Just struck me as a little strange!

How many seasons in are you? - and are you still in Europe? ...

A players happiness at his current club can dissuade rivals from bidding for him - if you're doing well, he's happy AND you're in Europe then a lot of clubs will probably realise you're not going to sell first teamers cheap and instead try and pick up out of favour players from you, is it possible thats the case?

A 'hold to run' key on the player search screens to flick through the screens more quickly (i.e. just faster or in blocks of ten etc) - lots of finger taps or flicks is annoying when a 'hold to run' would be far easier and quicker whilst reducing repetitive small/fine finger movements.

At the moment there isn't however it is something I'll consider for a future version of the game.

How many seasons in are you? - and are you still in Europe? ...

A players happiness at his current club can dissuade rivals from bidding for him - if you're doing well, he's happy AND you're in Europe then a lot of clubs will probably realise you're not going to sell first teamers cheap and instead try and pick up out of favour players from you, is it possible thats the case?

Just starting season 2, so not played my first Euro game as yet...

I'm currently half way through my first season as Oxford I'm really enjoying it so far. However I think there is one major issue which really slows the game down - the player search screen. Buying players is one of my favourite aspects of the game, but it is SO hard to narrow down the search and find the right players.

For example, my transfer budget is £9K. With this money I was looking to buy a good right-back, with the right attributes for the position. All I could do though was set the value to £0-100K and the position to defender. This brought up a lot of results and I ended up having to look at each individually to check their stats, which is a slow and laborious task. It would really help speed up this process if I could search by attributes, or by individual position, or even by a select price.

That aside I do love the game, and think it's very well implemented for the touch screen once you work out how to use it. I also have a couple of questions:

1) When the new update is released, will we be able to continue playing our old saves but with the updated features?

2) As you can't pick and choose your backroom staff, I find it hard to know how much to trust coach/scout reports. Does the quality of the reports improve the bigger the club gets?

• SI Staff
I1) When the new update is released, will we be able to continue playing our old saves but with the updated features?

I'm going to do my utmost to ensure that save games are compatible between versions as I know people invest a lot of time and effort into their saves.

2) As you can't pick and choose your backroom staff, I find it hard to know how much to trust coach/scout reports. Does the quality of the reports improve the bigger the club gets?

Scout reports are fairly reliable but there is a margin of error on them as you'd expect, in terms of FM PC (presuming you play that) its about the same as the scout/coach having a 15 for judging ability/potential at all times (doesn't vary with the size of club, although thats an interesting idea).

Hi...

Besides my earlier post about the custom tactics i've been playing and got some more bugs/requests:

-Would be good to have a way to hide the non available players qhen selecting the team.... they only steal space.... (maybe a yes/no option in the view option screen)

-the 2d game view should be optimized.... its very buggy like scoring a goal and only seconds later appearing the message, if in full view of the pitch it shows the player but then freezes and they don't move, after a few seconds it appears the text and out of the pitch view without the players even moving (only in full view.... works fine under the possibilities in zoom view)

-The custom tactics could be in the tactics screen make a custom option that when pressed would give the ability to drag the player icons in the right pitch view when selecting the team (it wouldn't clutter the screen ay more or less than it already is....)

-The 2d view should appear more, it only appears once or twice in a half and only when there is a goal or a near mis on goal, i think it is not being fully used in it's full potential...

For now only this, sorry for the long post..... only write this much because i really like the game and would love to see it even better :D

I've been really enjoying the game, so thanks very much for releasing it on the iPod/iPhone.

The one serious drawback I find is the formation options. The main issue I have is the choice of formations available - they don't seem to be representative of current real world tactics.

Many teams play either a 442 or a 451/433 that can be more easily thought of as a 4231, to denote that there are a mixture of defensive and attacking centre midfielders and that the wide players are more advanced than the standard wide player in a 442, but more defensive than a 433. The problem I have is that if you pick a 451 formation the the game sees this as essentially defensive, whereas the 433 is very attacking and the wide players are labelled FC, so if you play a winger there, as in a 4231, such as most teams do, then they are not in a preferred position and your team suffers. Likewise the fact that the 3 centre midfielders are all MC and are not staggered to suit a combination of defensive and attacking midfielders. Basically, this means I can't play the formation I want to play, one that is extremely common, unless it's a bit of a fudge that doesn't get the best out of all the players.

I find it surprising that there are no suitable options for this widespread formation, especially when you've got something as unusual as the 41212, and you've even got 3 different 532 and 3 different 352 formations, which hardly anyone uses in the modern game.

I would suggest either more options to tinker with the given formations, or having a series of 433 or 451 formations, attacking/defensive, akin to the 442 options, or even just throw more formations in, such as the very common 4231, and the less common but still prevalent 4123/4141, since you're including 41212.

• SI Staff
For now only this, sorry for the long post..... only write this much because i really like the game and would love to see it even better :D

Long posts are fine - thanks very much for the feedback, much appreciated :D

This was a little strange...

I scouted a defender that my assistant recommended in the Team Report. The Scout then claimed he was 'twice the player' of my best CB, so I bought him. Now he is in the team my assistant claims he is actually only the 6th best in the team!

Bit misleading!

• SI Staff
This was a little strange...

I scouted a defender that my assistant recommended in the Team Report. The Scout then claimed he was 'twice the player' of my best CB, so I bought him. Now he is in the team my assistant claims he is actually only the 6th best in the team!

Bit misleading!

The scout and coach opinions can differ on the game at present - quick consensus on whether this should be allowed or should they always agree?

The scout and coach opinions can differ on the game at present - quick consensus on whether this should be allowed or should they always agree?

I think a difference of opinion is good, but I think it perhaps should be slightly more closely matched - I mean, I doubt that many people would feel quite so differently about a player - Sixth to runaway best in the squad? Unless, of course, it's a dodgy scout who's arranged his share of the transfer fee. ;)

Definitely should disagree occasionally -- but probably not as big a difference as top at position vs 6th best.

Archived