San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Ter

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite annoyed at this too - I fancied trying to repeat my World Cup/Euro Champs feats with the U19s and U21s but got bored just playing friendlies.

Scotty, how are you getting on with the beloved San Marino? I've just seen you've got the record for most season tickets sold in the records thread.

National Side

World Cups

2010 - Failed to qualify

2014 - Failed to qualify

2018 - Group stage

2022 - Failed to qualify

2026 - Winners

2030 - Winners

2034 - Quarter Finals

European Championships

2008 - Failed to qualify

2012 - Failed to qualify

2016 - Failed to qualify

2020 - Runners Up

2024 - Winners

2028 - Quarter Finals

2032 - Quarter Finals

2036 - Semi Finals

Club Side

Currently 10 successive Serie A championships (17 in total)

World Club Champions x4

Champions League winners x5

UEFA Super Cup x4

Italian Cup x8

Italian Super Cup x14

7 Sanmarinese players in my first team squad

National Side

World Cups

2010 - Failed to qualify

2014 - Failed to qualify

2018 - Group stage

2022 - Failed to qualify

2026 - Winners

2030 - Winners

2034 - Quarter Finals

European Championships

2008 - Failed to qualify

2012 - Failed to qualify

2016 - Failed to qualify

2020 - Runners Up

2024 - Winners

2028 - Quarter Finals

2032 - Quarter Finals

2036 - Semi Finals

Club Side

Currently 10 successive Serie A championships (17 in total)

World Club Champions x4

Champions League winners x5

UEFA Super Cup x4

Italian Cup x8

Italian Super Cup x14

7 Sanmarinese players in my first team squad

Congrtas on that, a brill effort. I'm in 2020, hvaen't yet qualified for the Champs league (or got past the group stages of the UEFA cup), Took the national side to one World cup (group stages.)

I fear i might not get much further before FM09 comes out, so i might have to but this to bed soon, will be so gutted! Although i'll be taking up this challenge with FM09.

Anyone know where I can find the logos and player pics for the Italian lower leagues (San Marino in particular of course)?

Only place I know of that has them is susie and their servers are down for a while.

I've just started this challenge again and it looks naff with the default badges and stuff...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Not going to start this one until the issue with it crashing at the end of the season is sorted (and no, I don't know when that will be before anyone asks)

Doesn't that only happen when you load down to Serie C1, if you load to Serie B or Serie C2 it doesn't crash?

Last year the 2nd update came out on Feb 14th!

It's almost as if they want your girlfriend to dump you.. :D

Looking forward to doing this challenge on FM2009. I'm going to do a much easier Vaduz and Liechtenstein version of it until the update comes out.. :)

No, there is no work around known yet.

How did you get to 2014/15 without it crashing?

You were lucky :D

Although, I din't try it because I didn't want to waste my time for the bug to ruin it.

I probably was lucky yeah, I'm up to Serie B now and it seems that EU nationals will now take up citizenship, had 2 new players, one Italian keeper and a German Fullback. I really hope that some of my prospects take up citizenship, they're looking good.

Citizenship is the only really way of doing really well with San Marino. you have to buy up the good regens at 15/16 and let them get citizenship while hiping their national team ddon't pick them or they don't declare themselves for their nation.

Strangely I'm doing alright without the nationalised players, the only disappointment was that an AMC/FC came through Cagliari and was easily the best player, but he got released and then retired, with 4 international goals from 15 caps.

Citizenship is the only really way of doing really well with San Marino. you have to buy up the good regens at 15/16 and let them get citizenship while hiping their national team ddon't pick them or they don't declare themselves for their nation.

I'm still on the 08 challenge, and would say the best thing i ever did was improve youth facilities... Although now my regens are as good as the best coming out of Italy... so my San Mareneese players (most are dual nationality) are holding out playing for San Marino incase Italy call them up. I'm 11th in the World Rankings but haven't got passed the group stages of an International competition or broken into the top 4! The year is 2024 btw!

No, there is no work around known yet.

How did you get to 2014/15 without it crashing?

You were lucky :D

Although, I din't try it because I didn't want to waste my time for the bug to ruin it.

I'm sure I read it only happens if you load down to Serie C1. If you load all Italian leagues (down to Serie C2) it won't crash.

Originally Posted by robertlangman View Post

dude that dont matter its on how good your tactics are

Annoying, my best CM, bought for 24k and the record appearance maker for the club side, finally takes up San Marinese citizenship. All good you might think, but the idiot decided to declare for Italy the day before he did it :mad: Second time that's happened, the other was with a RB who would easily be the best player and is currently club captain. Why do this?

End of first season - got to play-offs in the final week of the regular season my starting GK got injured in training, my DM got injured in the last game and my starting right sided Midfieler got injured in training. In the first leg of the play-offs my RB picked up my first red card of the season and my top scorer had his leg broken and my back up right sided midfielder pick up a booking to rule him out of the second leg - I lost the match 2-1 and hit the post and had the oppo GK pull off three great saves. In the second leg I lost 1-0 with them getting 2 shots on target to my 4 and two more fantastic saves from the keeper.

Good, because after Dafuge's challenge am looking to do one involving a low ranked International team but was concerned there would be a lack of new players coming through the system, and also that they wouldn't get better over the years.

Archived