San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Ter

2018 World Cup Update - Marky Mark

Game 1 Group F - San Marino v China

Going into this game I was confident that we could do some damage however this game was much more challenging than I though, with China having more shots in the first half, although thankfully the score remained 0-0.

That was how it remained deep into the 2nd half, until a corner landed onto the head of my star striker Morganti in the 83rd minute, and got into the record books by scoring the first World Cup goal for San Marino. That was how the score stayed in a fairly dull game.

China 0 - San Marino 1

Game 2 Group F - San Marino v Ghana

This was what I saw as the cruital game in the group, however it started off very porely when in the 3rd minute Ghana scored a tap in from dead in front.

However from there San Marino dominated the rest of the game, having 18 of the next 19 shots on goal.

In the 15th minute Morganti again scored from a corner in a goal that was a replay of his goal against China.

Then in the 20th minute my 'once in a generation' midfielder scored an amazing volley from outside the box, a goal that was later rated the 2nd best goal of the tournament.

Ghana went very defensive in the 2nd half, which suited me perfectly, and the score remained 2-1, and, out of nowhere, without yet playing our first game, we had already qualified for the next stage, and in fact guaranteed first place in the group! (due to Denmark drawing their first two games against Ghana and China).

San Marino 2 - Ghana 1

Game 3 Group F - San Marino v Denmark

Denmark was always going to be a challange, and two injuries prior to the game didn't help, and within 30 minutes Denmark were 2-0 up. Despite that, the game itself was fairly even, and thats how the score ended up, 2-0, San Marino had some good chances of its own, but couldn't finish.

Denmark 2 - San Marino 0

Group F - San Marino 1st!

Amazingly, San Marino not only made it through the group stages, but finished first!

The bad news however was that due to finishing 1st we were due to face 2nd place Holland from Group E (7th in the world), rather than 1st place Peru (38th in the world).

To add to the bad news, due to a few of injuries during the campaign, and an injury in the last group game of my most caped player, I now had 5 players who were injured leading into the 2nd round game against Holland.

My injured squad leading into the 2nd round

The next World Cup update coming up soon...

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Marino (The Serie B Years), 2011/12 Season Review

Pre Season

Our 3rd season in Serie B began with something of a new look to the team. I shipped out some young players who weren't making the grade and a couple of players who were out of their depth in Serie B. I also had to cope with heavy interest in some of my better players, namely Lauri Dalla Valle and Romain Bregerie, my corner king. It reached the point where Dalle Valle wanted out. Luckily, most of the offers were co-ownership with the player to stay with us. I eventually squeezed 2.9mil out of Lazio for such a deal meaning money in the bank and his departure delayed for at least a season.

Of the players in, I found several decent Bosman signings to shore up defence and midfield. Zeytualev would add some much needed experience to the midfield and Carlos Saez and Guillaume Insou both looked to be exciting prospects. My 1 non-EU signing was the Israeli defender Yuval Fogelman. I'm hoping he wil pick up San Marinese nationality before he gets called up to the Israeli team. The U-20 World Cup brought a Spanish right back, Benjamin Atienza to my attention. Although only 17, he seemed good enough to break into the first team quickly. My search for a decent goalie finally led me to Antony Scribe, a 23 year old French player who had no top level experience but seemed worth the risk and was better than my current options. I also added some punch to the attack with Juan Carlos Drummond, a Costa Rican who had been playing at Livorno. Unfortunately he was capped for his country just before he moved to us so no hope for the national side down the line...

Italian Cup

As usual, the seaosn began with the prelim rounds of the Cup. The first match was aginst Brescia, who dominated us until they had a player sent off on 60 mins. After that, the 0-0 played out and we got the win on penalties, 4-3. icon14.gif

Modena were up next, a side who had poached our star winger, Guilliato, a year earlier. He did his old team a favour by getting sent off early in the game and we promptly took a two goal lead. they manged an injury time consolation but 2-1 saw us through to the next round.

Our cup run ended against Reggina but we went out in style. 3-0 down at half time and rung the changes and got the hair-dryer out and we pulled it back to 3-2. Another lapse saw us go 4-2 down but we immediately pulled one back to 4-3. As we chased the game, I had one of those sickening moments as we hit the post and they got the ball, made a swift counter attack and scored to win the tie 5-3. The board were happy though so it was good enough for me. icon_smile.gif

Serie B Campaign

I wasn't sure what to expect from my new players and still had concerns about a couple of the others. Left-back was a particular problem area, with only one left-footed defender in the first team, Alessandro Bastrini, who I hadn't been too impressed with the previous year. Pit seemed to be struggling in Serie B as did Sburlea. I knew I would also be over-using a 17 year old at right-back. Would the new signings be enough to help us improve?

I soon wondered what I was worrying about as we began the season in style. We stayed up in the top 5 for the first 15 games or so and all was looking good. The main reason for this was the resurgence of Adrian Pit and the almost ridiculous abilities of Romain Bregerie in defence and attack. No cross or corner could get past hime at the back and he was scoring at will at the other end, with Pit supplying the balls (I know many people are talking of a 'corner exploit' but, honestly, I'm just playing the same corner set up I've used for the last couple of verisons of FM and my defenders in my other saves don't score nearly as many despite using exactly the same set up). Pit was also getting plenty of assists from open play and Sburlea was returning to form and forming a nice partnership with new boy Drummond. Insou also proved to be a great addition to the midfield and Atienza was showing composure beyond his years at right back. Bastrini proved my worries to be unfounded too as he was palying well and scoring several from free kicks and penalties too.

The bubble had to burst of course and we slipped down the table a little as the midway point approached. I was happy to still be in the top 10 though. January proved to be a tough month as our good form had created more interest in my top stars. Andronic, one of my centre backs, started to sulk about wanting to 'move on'; Choco, the Brazilian I was hoping to get a San Marinese passport for in a couple of years, demanded a transfer; 3 of my players with 6 months left on their contracts were refusing new deals; and, worst for me, bids started to come in for Bregerie. Inevitably, the chairman went over my head and took a 2.5mil offer for him. icon_frown.gif I went shopping but could only find promising youngsters, no established players. I picked up a Ukranian right back from Padova called Sobko who would help relieve some of the pressure on Atienza; I also found a 16 year old Swedish striker Kuhi, who was without a club - my scouts liked the look of him so I snapped him up. A Finnish 18 year old, Salmela, and a Uyruguayan kid, Martinez, were the best I could do to replace Bregerie. The would have to step up quickly.

The loss of such a key player saw our form become a little more inconsistent as we floated between 9th and 13th for the rest of the season. Drummond and Sburlea lost their form up front a little and some of my want away players damaged team morale also. Without corner king Bregerie, we weren't scoring as easily either. There was some promise though. An injury to Pit made me thrust January signign Martinez into the MC/DMC role and he excelled there. Sobko was performing really well at right back and I even manged to give Kuhi a couple of run-outs after he impressed for the U-20s. Ultimately 11th was a position I was happy with and I'll be looking to build on it next season.

Other news

The capacity of the Olimpico was increased to 10,000 during the season and the addition of another 2,550 seats was announced at the end of the season. I also persuaded the board to upgrade the training facilities and they have promised improvements to the youth facilities soon. icon14.gif

For the season ahead, the media no longer see us as relegation fodder. Neither do the board and they expect at least a mid-table finish this time. They also wish to make it tough for me though as the chairman has followed up his January interference by accepting bids for Choco (2.5mil) and Antony Scribe (3.5mil). These two sales will be a big blow as Choco was being held onto in an attempt to get him nationalised and Scribe had proven to be a good keeper and at 23, could have been first choice for many years to come. This has also led to Pit and Drummond questioning the ambition of the club and wanting out. I'm also set to lose a defender, Cherubin, and a DM, Daminuta, on free transfers come July 1st so another summer of major rebuilding awaits.... Oh, and despite so much cash being generated from transfers, most of it has been pumped into the upgrades leaving me with 2.5mil to spend!

Screenies

After writing all that, I'd best include some screenshots. icon_razz.gif

Serie B Final Standings

Transfer History

Seasonal Best XI

Overal Best XI (June 2012) - shows how good Scribe was as he went straight in as best goalie...

Some of the stars of the season (who haven't left yet!):

Adrian Pit - an incredible 18 assists!

Alessandro Bastrini - proved me completely wrong; 7 MoM awards and 12 sweet goals from free kicks and penalties says it all.

Carlos Saez - decent debut season and looks set to make the AMC position his own this time.

And some players to watch out for:

Yuval Fogelman - fingers crossed he never gets capped by Israel!

Volodymyr Sobko - looks a great prospect (another one for San Marino's future? icon_wink.gif)

Heber Martinez - can play in defence or midfield (here's hoping he never plays for Uyruguay!)

Markus Kuhi - already an EU national but I'm excited about his future for the club.

OK, this has gone on long enough already! icon_razz.gif Had good fun this season and I'll be back with another report soon. icon14.gif

So, I've been re-playing this for a while now, and I'm not that far off where I wanted to be again. I've found the road back to the Serie A much tougher this time around, probably to do with the patch altering reputation - I've basically just found it near impossible to attract decent players, or keep my own good ones all the way til near the top. Once I made the Serie A though, its pretty much just been cash thats preventing me from moving up, picking up one player at a time and hoping to hold onto them while I build.

Domestic league history

Final Serie A table, 2018/19

A very strong second season in the Serie A that could have been even better - a win over Inter in our final game could have put us into 5th, and if we'd taken anything off of Messina a Champions League spot was well within our reach. Highlights included a double over AC Milan - amazingly even destroying them 4-0 in the San Siro, perhaps a sign of things to come, the old guard being replaced? Sadly we only managed a draw and loss away in the cup, but the league performances give us a lot of hope.

Club information

19,000 all seater, and we've had top youth and training facilities surprisingly since the Serie B - with a decent bank balance, the board were unusually ambitious and invested a lot. Sadly no-one really talented has come through the academy yet, although the best regen in the world just now is San Marinese - picked up by Murata aged 16 then signed for £75k, counting him as homegrown to us, Davide Penserini was the only regen player in the recent World Player of the Year awards, having left us for Genoa then going on to Chelsea and superstardom.

Of the favoured personnel, only Roni is still with us and active - born in Sao Paolo, his time at Anderlecht gave him a passport that allowed him to be picked up (for a club record £7m) without using a non-EU slot, and was eventually called up to his adopted nation. Uros Belsak with his tricky 'curls ball' PPM produced many stunning goals in his 3-year Serie B stretch with us before moving on, costing only £40k from Kassel then generating £3m from Atalanta went some way to investing in our youth setup, and receiving a large portion of his subsequent £21m move to the Premiership was an unexpected bonus that helped stabilize us early on in our Serie A existence. Simon Parma was a C1 striker who I never appreciated quite as much as the fans, and Lucas Simón cost a huge £3.4m but his average ratings and goals got us promoted from the Serie B. Jadid was a Moroccan attacking mid who signed for us late on in his career, but retained his pace, leadership and fantastic vision well into his 30s.

This year's non EU signing was perhaps somewhat cynically, Song Haitao from Mexican side Tigres. As well as his Continental reputation to boost marketing, he had a minimum fee clause of only £2.8m, and an average rating of 7.3 from his time in Mexico. The fans somewhat harshly were wary of him to start off, but his performances over the season justified his aquisition, and his continued prescence will help us immensely to move up to the next level with help from increased asian marketing - clearly working, seeing as merchandising revenue has doubled in the last year!

Currently naturalising for San Marino are tempremental backup striker Cristiano Correa and full back Maikel Pastor, and joining them in the summer will be two-footed Mexican prodigy Raymundo Cuevas, who I have very high hopes for.

We're in a very good position going forward, with European football next season to aid our reputation and income it should be up all the way from here on!

• 2 weeks later...

This challenge is almost impossible! I started just before taking over the international team. I took over the 19s 21s and seniors. Difficult to field an under 19s side!!

Results:

1-13 vs Rep of Ireland 19s

0-5 vs Rep of Ireland 21s

1-3 vs Rep of Ireland Seniors

I really need some regens. When do they come in?

Hey great challenge. I am now in my sixth season and i have managed to promote san marino to serie b but also took the national side. Now my question for you is this - In my first season i bought some 20 youthish players and now, five years later, they got san marino nationality. Can i use them in my national squad? Players are from all over Europe and some other parts of the world and will NEVER play in their national team not because i would select them first but because there are many better players who want national jersey.

Yes, you can call up anyone uncapped and undeclared for San Marino - its one of my main tricks later on, buy up a promising young non-EU 18 year old per season, keep them in the U20s until they get their passport and then play them for the national team at 23. I have three top prospects just now in my youth team - Correa got capped for Brazil unfortunately, but I have a new left winger now starting the slow road to nationalising.

I've not done full updates, but in the two seasons past I've come 4th and 5th respectively - first time around infuriatingly dropping out of the Champions League before the group stages after a 1-1 aggregate draw, losing on away goals. Both times though we reached the UEFA cup quarter final, and thats where we're aiming yet again.

I've finally got the national job too, after Mazza retired. We're in fairly good shape going forward, but aging badly - for some reason very early on there was a host of extremely talented youngsters generated without a club, so I now have 5 or so 29-31 year olds plying their trade in top levels here and abroad. Unfortunately though our defence is in absolutely awful shape, resulting in some very fun scorelines - managing to score 4 in Slovenia and still losing 7-4 in my very first game, for example!

Like everyone here I have to say this is a tremendous challenge! It encorporates everything LLM is about but gives it that little bit more excitement as you know it's not just a club whose weight you've got on your shoulders, but a whole freakin nation!

But I do have to say man this challenge is hard!

I'm just starting my third season and instead of being in the heady heights to Serie B, i'm still stuck in the doldrums of Serie C/2.

Like everyone, in my first season I discovered that there were some free gems hidden in the San Marinese amateur league, so I signed some of them, though I found getting them to perform to their attributes difficult, and the fact they were all missing loads of games as they were playing for the country didn't help. I actually had San Marino at the top of the table come new year, but an awful run of something like one win in seventeen saw me plummet down to ninth. Never mind I thought, next season we'll **** this tinpot league!

Instead of ****ing the league table, we ****ed the injury league table. It was a nightmare of the season spent hovering disturbingly close to the relegation play-off zone, and if it weren't for a late run of winning the last three, we would have been relegated.

The frustrating thing is my team is full of talent, but we just play awful! Even more frustrating is the fact Alex Fernandez who scored 41 goal for me last season has just caused me a right royale headache. I play a system with only one out and out striker, and because of this, I havn't bought many strikers. So with this in mind, on the the last day of the current transfer window, him getting a broken hip (out for a couple of months) was quite frustrating. Spazia then bidding 300k for him and the chairman then accepting topped it off. So with no time to get a decent striker, i'm going into my third season with an ok defence, quality midfield, but no freakin strikers.

And that feckin Mazza has been doing well with the national side.

Gawd help me!

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2021/22

San Marino (club) - promotion to Serie A in 2016, winners of Serie A in 2020, 2021 and now 2022, Champions League winners 2021, Club World Championships winner 2021.

San Marino (nation) - World Cup qualifiers 2018 (Group stage), Euro 2020 qualifiers (Runners up)

Hello All,

As FM Live takes less and less of my intrest, i've found myself cheating on it with the Origional and Best, FM 08.

I'm currently half way through my 2nd season with San Marino Calcio (The Official name for the Club Side, thanks Wiki!), and also created myself and an International Manager with the San Marino National Team.

As I'm typing this up at work, i've no screen prints, but will have them in place going forwards.

San Marino Calcio (Season 1 - 2007/08)

The season started slowly (I promised the board promotion via the playoffs) as i completly underestimated the challenge on my hands. In the last week of the Transfer window, i raided Cesena Reserves and loaned about 8 players... Villar who promised loads and got ready for the Hard Slog.

As there had been so much upheavel in the squad, they didn't settle down properly till the beginning of October... meaning I was out of the Serie C Cup Competition after the group stage and mid table medeocrity.

Once the team settled down, i found myself just outside of the playoff's before Christmas, cam back after Christmas/New Year break to find Villar had a broken leg and i was advised to sent him back to Cesena for treatement... the team hung on to grab the 4th playoff place and qualified through the playoffs to be playing in Serie C/1 next year

San Marino (Season 1 - 2007/08)

Lost all matches played, although the highlight was loosing only 2-1 to Peru in a Friendly.

San Marino Calcio (Season 2 - 2008/09)

Sent the scouts across southern Europe to look for youngesters that will become Legends of San Marino. Found a few cheap good players from Albania and some other places near there so signed up, was supriesed to find that they actually claimed a 1st team place according to my A*sman. *Need a tip here... if i keep playing him in the Club side, will the Albanian Manager steal him from me? Can i keep him hidden by playing him in the Under 20's*

Raided Cesena again for some loan players again, currently find myself mid table just after Christmas although qualification via the playoffs seems out of reach to the team i currently have!

San Marino (Season 2 - 2008/09)

Poor 1st half of the seaon as the Qualification groups for the World Cup in 2010 was drawn.

Portugal 6 - 0 San Marino

San Marino 0- 3 Wales

Bulgaria 3 - 0 San Marino

Any advice on how i can improve updates wouldbe most grateful, also along with any advice on what kind of Friendlies i should be organising given my current situations!

Cheers

In my first few seasons, I liked to organise home and away games against fellow minnows - so you would be unlikely to be thrashed. I let my assistant organise them now, and he seems to like mid-ground teams like Bulgaria, Greece, etc.

We're now 10th in the world...

when managing both club and country,i was expecting foreign players to accept San marinian(?) nationality,but its Italian they accept because the club is based in italy.is it possible for players to gain San Marinese nationality otherwise?

Posted this already but got no reply.Can anyone help me???

Posted this already but got no reply.Can anyone help me???

Players can "choose" what nationality once they have aquired the relevant days... You can't force them to take San Marino Nationality though... i'm sure others here can help you in more detail though.

Players will complete days towards the country of where their club's stadium is based. San Marino Calcio (the club) have a stadium based in Serravalle, San Marino, so they will require 1825 days at San Marino to get San Marinese nationality (even though they play in the Italian leagues) - they will only take it if they are non-EU, and even then it's not automatic.

Non-EU players will earn their San Marinese passports, if not then I think it sounds like some sort of error with your game...

If you mean youth players, most that are eligable for Italy will harbour dreams of playing for the Azzuri, but a couple of years into their career reality kicks in and they become more open to playing for our Titani instead. I've played over 20 years twice now, and never lost a player to Italy yet!

Should have a big update coming up... its taken long enough, but after last time's heartbreak thats me almost back to where I was!

euro2024yv9.th.jpg

:thup:

Congrats Scotty, but where were the updates? Your tales of woe and tales of glory? Those near misses and moments of estacy?

Screen prints alone don't show us the love you put into creating the champions of the micronation that is San Marino!

The National Team

Euro 2008 Q

P6 W1 D1 L4

World Cup 2010 Q

P10 W0 D1 L9

Euro 2012 Q

P14 W1 D0 L13

World Cup 2014 Q

P10 W2 D1 L7

Euro 2016 Q

P10 W3 D1 L6

World Cup 2018 Q

P10 W6 D3 L1

World Cup 2018 Finals

Iceland W4-1

Belgium L1-3

Holland D0-0

Euro 2020 Q

P10 W8 D1 L1

Euro 2020 Finals

Portugal W3-1

Scotland D1-1

Serbia W2-0

Q/F - France W2-1

S/F - Italy W3-2

Final - England L0-2

World Cup 2022 Q

P10 W6 D1 L3

Euro 2024 Q

P12 W9 D2 L1

Euro 2024 Finals

Italy L1-2

Turkey W2-1

Albania W2-1

Q/F - Russia W1-0

S/F - France W2-1

Final - England D2-2 W3-2 on penalties

Competitive record up to end of Euro 2024

Played 107

Won 45

Drawn 14

Lost 48

Club side too, so I could develop some good youngsters through the ranks. The club side became dominant at just about the same time the national team started qualifying for tournaments...

But -

World Cup 2026

South Korea D0-0

Paraguay W1-0

Sweden W2-1

R2 - Poland W1-0

Q/F - Ecuador W1-0

S/F - Mexico W1-0

Final - Holland W5-4

worldcupfinal2026lr8.th.jpg

rtwcfinal2026yb3.th.jpg

Club update..

club2026do0.th.jpg

Club side too, so I could develop some good youngsters through the ranks. The club side became dominant at just about the same time the national team started qualifying for tournaments...

But -

World Cup 2026

South Korea D0-0

Paraguay W1-0

Sweden W2-1

R2 - Poland W1-0

Q/F - Ecuador W1-0

S/F - Mexico W1-0

Final - Holland W5-4

worldcupfinal2026lr8.th.jpg

rtwcfinal2026yb3.th.jpg

Club update..

club2026do0.th.jpg

Congrats Scotty....

on a different note... has anyone done anything of note with the u19's/u21's or U23's(olympic squad) for San Marino (Or seen it being done in their game?)

It took years and years before I noticed the U21s actually not being thrashed - they still only get the odd result. I've not seen them enter the Olympics at all.

As a new challenge, I may give managing the U21s a go and attempt at improving their fortunes (and grooming the players ready to make the step up).

• 2 weeks later...

I just qualified for World cup 2022 with San Marino. This is the first time that I have qualified for some big tournament. I started with national team around 2015, we got solid campaign in Euro 2020 qualifiers and now I'm in 29th place in world rankings. Now, European qualification groups have been drawn for Euro 2024 and I'm again 8th seeded for the draw. Why? What should I do to be 5th or 6th seeded?

• 1 month later...

In the first season, I got Cosmos as a feeder club. Hasn't been much use really :D Like Oktober said, I got lots of recommended links with german and Spanish lower league teams. I proudly maintain my link with the Andorra club side :D

I've just recently gone back to my San marino save and I'll have an end of season report up soon. ;)

• SI Staff
In the first season, I got Cosmos as a feeder club. Hasn't been much use really :D Like Oktober said, I got lots of recommended links with german and Spanish lower league teams. I proudly maintain my link with the Andorra club side :D

I've just recently gone back to my San marino save and I'll have an end of season report up soon. ;)

Ah, was just wondering as I got Cosmos as a feeder club in the first season and I thought it may have been because the San Marino league has been added to the database at last (it's not playable btw :( )

2012-13 Season Report: The Serie B Years

After a while away from this save, I came back to it and really got into it again so here's my latest season round-up:

I felt quite pessimistic before this season. An 11th placed finish the season before had raised the board's expectations (they now wanted at least a mid-tbale finish). And yet, the board had put me in a difficult spot by selling off three of my best players over my head and I'd lost another two to Bosman deals. That left me without a goalkeeper and no cover at full-back or upfront. A few late deals were struck to fill the gaps. I found a decent young Argentine full back at a Serie C club (a regen Garré who I'm hoping will stay long enough to get San Marinese citizneship) and I solved my goalkeeping problem by signing the keeper of the worst national side in Europe - San Marino! :D He's actually a decent player and I figured it's better to have him here than wallowing in the lower leagues. That just left me short upfront but the current players would have to do.

The season started poorly as we crashed out of the Coppa Italia in the first qualifying round, losing to Vicenza. Our early league form was poor too as we laboured at the bottom of the table for the first several games. Our first win came in the 8th game as we avenged our cup defeat to Vicenza. That set us off on a good run and we slowly climbed the table. A slight dip in form around the New Year meant we dropped back a bit but another good run put us firmly in the top ten. With one game to go we were 9th, only two points behind the last play-off spot of 6th. A dramatic final day left us agonisingly short as we won, allowing us to leapfrog Vicenza and Mantova, who could only draw. We would have taken 6th on head-to-head results had Verona not scored a last minute winner in their game but it was not to be and we just missed out on the play-offs. It was amde worse by the fact that Verona won the play-offs and got promoted to Serie A. However, 7th was a great acheivement as it was the highest position we had held all season! :D

Serie B Final Table

San Marino Best XI - the key players were Adrian Pit, who has really come back to form following a difficult first couple of seasons in Serie B providing an increible number of assists from midfield, and Alessandro Bastirini the top goalscorer and left back! :D He's jusgreat at headers, free kicks and penalties. He also highlights the main problem in my team though and that's the lack of a proven goalscorer... Oh, and I should mention my San Marinese keeper, Fabio Reale. As you can see, his league record is decent but his international record shows how much work there is to be done to turn them into world-beaters.

Onto next season then. The board now want a 'respectable' finish in the league (top 10 I guess). They have also agreed to improve the youth facilites for next season. I'm hoping to bring in a decent striker ahead of a promotion push. ;)

Well I'm back. I'm at around the 3rd of June 2009

Only got 2 National games to report on.

Bosnia & Herzogovina 2 - 1 San Marino

Alright match. There first goal was over the alotted injury time by about 90 seconds and was offside :(

Now onto the big one!

San Marino 3 - 3 England

I am so chuffed to get my second draw against England. Why must we act like Scotland's National team?! I felt like I was the AI for once as they had a goal disallowed after 55 minutes and I brought back a 2 goal lead in 10 minutes.

Payback! :)

EDIT:

I well with the club ;)

Job Offer

The Team

I might make a 2nd save game and continue solely with that side :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing the San Marino Challenge atm... so does anyone have any advice on Feeder Clubs???

I think this probably has been asked before, should i be sending my regens to teams without a playable league? Ie greyed out teams?

I've not managed to establish a commercial club yet... does anyone know what i should be doing to do this?

Also any recommendations on what or where my feeder clubs should be? Or qualities they should have?

I have English (L2 and above). Scottish, Spanish and Italian (C/2 and)leagues running. I'm in 2017 and mid-table in Serie A.

Thanks

• SI Staff

I always send my players to a team in an active league if possible. Not sure if it makes any difference or not but I like to be able to keep an eye on the games they are playing

Thanks Ter!!!

Anyone know about why I've not managed to establish a commercial club yet... does anyone know what i should be doing to do this?

At what stage have San Marino had a gained their Commericial Link in your games?

I'm doing the San Marino Challenge atm... so does anyone have any advice on Feeder Clubs???

I think this probably has been asked before, should i be sending my regens to teams without a playable league? Ie greyed out teams?

Same as Ter, I prefer to send them to clubs in active leagues. At the very least, it gives a more accurate impression of their form.

I've not managed to establish a commercial club yet... does anyone know what i should be doing to do this?

I haven't reached that level yet in my San Marino game (still languishing in Serie B) but in another save I had with Blackburn, once I'd made the Champions League group stages a couple of years running, I got one (Miami FC iirc - not a major club but a commercial link nonetheless). After making the latter stages of the Champions League several times, I got another feeder in Japan (that was in about 2016). In short, consistent success in Europe seems to be the key. Maybe an ambitious chairman helps.

Also any recommendations on what or where my feeder clubs should be? Or qualities they should have?

I have English (L2 and above). Scottish, Spanish and Italian (C/2 and)leagues running. I'm in 2017 and mid-table in Serie A.

I have a similar set-up, just with German leagues instead of Scottish. I'd go for a feeder in one of the playable divisions. Check their training facilities and youth set up - I generally choose the club with the best facilites from the board's reccomendations. And check their current league position to make sure they are not likely to get relegated out of the playable leagues!

Hope that helps. :)

Same as Ter, I prefer to send them to clubs in active leagues. At the very least, it gives a more accurate impression of their form.

I haven't reached that level yet in my San Marino game (still languishing in Serie B) but in another save I had with Blackburn, once I'd made the Champions League group stages a couple of years running, I got one (Miami FC iirc - not a major club but a commercial link nonetheless). After making the latter stages of the Champions League several times, I got another feeder in Japan (that was in about 2016). In short, consistent success in Europe seems to be the key. Maybe an ambitious chairman helps.

I have a similar set-up, just with German leagues instead of Scottish. I'd go for a feeder in one of the playable divisions. Check their training facilities and youth set up - I generally choose the club with the best facilites from the board's reccomendations. And check their current league position to make sure they are not likely to get relegated out of the playable leagues!

Hope that helps. :)

DodgeeD, excellent advice, thanks very much!!!

I've made the WC 2018 two leg playoff and I've drawn the country of my birth, Ireland... although that was in a past life, i'm now San Mareneese all the way!!!! :p

One last question....

I've got San Mareneese regens who also have Italian as their secondary Nationality.

Some of them are holding out for Italy... is there any way persuading them to join up with me and my boys as we head off to the World Cup? (Italy also made the world cup)

What's the definitife rule on Nationality... I mean, when do you have to make your choice as a player with National side you play for? Or is it completly open till you get first cap?

One last question....

I've got San Mareneese regens who also have Italian as their secondary Nationality.

Some of them are holding out for Italy... is there any way persuading them to join up with me and my boys as we head off to the World Cup? (Italy also made the world cup)

What's the definitife rule on Nationality... I mean, when do you have to make your choice as a player with National side you play for? Or is it completly open till you get first cap?

one other last question... Why aren't my u21's or u19's in any official competitions, they are only playing friendlies. :(

One last question....

I haven't found a way of persuading them... something like this should be added though.

IRL the rule is that a competitive cap bounds you to a country, as does a competitive U21 caps if you are now over 21. You can change nationality with U21 caps before your 21st birthday.

I'm not sure how exact this is in FM2008.

one other last question... Why aren't my u21's or u19's in any official competitions, they are only playing friendlies. :(

I'm quite annoyed at this too - I fancied trying to repeat my World Cup/Euro Champs feats with the U19s and U21s but got bored just playing friendlies.

Just started this challenge as I needed a new game before the new FM comes out, my last Sutton game lasted until 2032 so maybe I can get another long term game.

Starting with the club side and have so far signed a few south americans with italian nationality, i've signed 4 players from San Marino:

Mattia Masi, Matteo Valli and Damiano Vannucci and Alan Toccaceli.

Really missing a good right back but other than that I think we can give promotion a push.

I haven't found a way of persuading them... something like this should be added though.

IRL the rule is that a competitive cap bounds you to a country, as does a competitive U21 caps if you are now over 21. You can change nationality with U21 caps before your 21st birthday.

I'm not sure how exact this is in FM2008.

I thought that was the case...

I'm quite annoyed at this too - I fancied trying to repeat my World Cup/Euro Champs feats with the U19s and U21s but got bored just playing friendlies.

So it looks like the u21's and u19's have been hardcoded out of the Competitive matches... i find this disapointing....

They competed in the U21's European Qualification process

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_UEFA_European_Under-21_Football_Championship_qualification#Preliminary_Round

... and the U19's too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_UEFA_European_Under-19_Football_Championship_qualification#Group_7

Archived