FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off to Brazil for a month on Saturday June 28.

Can I request for Spurs ins & outs to be posted on the data issues forum while I'm away.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5732091743/m/9392022843/p/11

I can then keep tabs on what's been going on when I return.

I may not be able to get online much out there & it looks like there could be quite a bit of activity.

Spurs official site confirmations only please.

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Lloris should be available at start. I would sell Dawson and buy Samba and Guilherme.

I've been sidetracked but will be playing Weegie update soon and have made a start with a dip in transfer market.

Alright...started a game with Tottenham Hotspur, using 8.02. I'm nearly at the end of November during Season 1. Here was my transfer activity:

IN (USD)

Christopher Samba (3.1 M)

Sotiris Ninis (1.6 M)

Boyan Tabakov (35 K)

Mika Aaritalo (575 K)

Rafael van der Vaart (19.5 M)

Stephane Noro (4.7 M)

Cani (16.75 M)

Edison Cavani (21.5 M)

Toni Kroos (loan)

Jean II Makoun (18.25 M)

Nuno Valente (4.5 M)

Benoit Costil (1.7 M)

OUT

Jermaine Jenas (8.5 M)

Dimitar Berbatov (30 M)

Pascal Chimbonda (5 M)

My standard starting XI, along with ratings through 18 games:

GK Robinson - 6.78

DR Alan Hutton - 6.78

DL Nuno Valente - 7.08

DC Christopher Samba - 7.19

DC Younes Kaboul - 7.00

AMR - Aaron Lennon - 7.45

MC - Jean II Majoun - 7.23

AMC - Rafael van der Vaart - 6.88

AML - Cani - 7.21

FC - Robbie Keane - 7.61

FC - Edison Cavani - 7.15

Stephane Noro also started several games for me at AMR, and racked up a 7.18 rating through 11 games before breaking a toe.

Competitions:

Premier Division: 6th (6-4-4, +13 GD)

UEFA Cup: Group Stage (1-0-0)

League Cup: Lost 5-3 to Liverpool in the first round

Tactics: I'm using a modified version of the 4-4-2 AME that's on the Tactics forum.

General notes: This has been an up and down season so far, which is typical with all my Spurs games in their first year. My goal at the start was to upgrade the midfield. I rushed out and bought van der Vaart early, but he's really been the most disappointing of all the new arrivals. Noro has been spectacular so far, setting up goals and making dangerous free kicks. Cani has been steady on the left, and Makoun is a big upgrade over Huddlestone.

I was a bit nervous about selling Berbatov, but Keane has absolutely taken over...he's got 19 goals already this season! Cavani took some time to settle in, but he's found his form recently, scoring 6 goals. Bent has been worthless in front of the net. Christopher Samba has been my only consistent central defender...Dawson has given up four goals by himself, Woodgate always has poor morale, and Kaboul scares me sometimes. Valente has been a nice pick-up...I've gotten steady play from him throughout.

The biggest disappointments have been Alan Hutton (I'm retraining three guys to play DR as we speak), van der Vaart (even farrowing him up doesn't seem to spark him), and Robinson (but I knew about that from the start). I got very unlucky in the transfer market with keepers ---I had Felipe (the 19-year old) locked up, then he decided to stay in Brazil. Tim Wiese got ****y about the contract offer and cancelled. Everyone else was out of my price range at the time. Hopefully I can pick up a good backup keeper and a right back in the January window...I've got 2.3M in the transfer kitty, and I should get about 6-7M more once I sell off Young-Pyo Lee and a couple others.

Next game is a UEFA Cup match-up at home against Fiorentina. We'll see what happens there.

In my second season with spurs now finished thrid in my first after signing:

yobo

D'Alessandro

VDV

Modric

Dos Santos

Collocini

Sold:

Chimbonda

Jenas

Malbrnaque

Bent

Tainio

Ended up with no funds and very much in the red but could spend that by promising to challenge for the title. The board were happy with third and said i'd challenge for the title again and in my second season:

Bought:

Alves

Veloso

Jimenez

Sold:

Dos Santos

Collochini

So far i'm 1st and going in to feb but arsenal are closing down on me, Are they stupidly good against other teams but average against me, has anyone else found that? Also still in the champs league in the semis of the league cup and 4th round of the fa.

I highly reccomend that everyone sign Jiminez you can get him for around 1-1.5 mil and he is class!Also gonna try and poach tevez from man u at the end of his contract!

New here.

started a game with Spurs on the WeeGie patch, my team at the moment

GK-Lloris (great buy)

LB-Bale

CB-Woodgate

CB-King

RB-Hutton

LM-Modric

CM-Dos Santos

CM-Jenas/Huddelstone

RM-Bentley

ST-Guilherme

ST-Keane

transfers in

david bentley-10m

Hugo Lloris-13.5m

Guilherme-9.75m

transfers out

Berbatov-15m

listed

lennon

chimbonda

Prince-Boateng

starting off pretty well, 6th in the prem and moving on up, blitzed AS ettiene 5-0 in the Euro cup 1st round.

Start of Season 1 Expectations and Transfers

I started the season with signing 41 players which include J.Hart, O.Olazabal, S.Carr, C.Gunter, S.Ignashevic, C.Samba, D.Wheater, M.Sakho, M.Hill, M.Fathi, J.Mattock, R.Gusev, G.Barness, G.Torje, F.Bratu, D.Buonanotte, R.Van Der Vaart, L.Modric, P.Piatti, M.Marin, H.Kewell, Aquino, M.Zarate, B.Stancu, H.Saivet i have also brought in C.Eagles in on a 1 year loan from Manchester United. To get the funds i sold j.Defoe, R.Rocha and other dead wood.

I have sent P.Stalteri out on a 1 year loan to Derby County and also sent H.Ghaly out on a 1 year loan to Club Brugge. i terminated the loan of R.Cerny.

I plan on finishing in 5th place in the League, Get to the knockout stages of the Euro Cup, Get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and to the quarter finals of the League Cup aswell.

In January i have A.Arshavin, M.Owen and R.Shishkin coming in for a combined fee of no more than £25 Million and i am thinking about bringing in S.Campbell back to the club and also bring in a new keeper like D.James or B.Lobont.

Hey..i need to improve my team..currently in the 3rd season.started not very convincing in the league..

SQUAD

LB-marcelo

LB-bale

RB-alves(4month injured)

RB-rafinha

CB-king

CB-woodgate

CB-samba

CB-breno

DM-richards

DM-bodmer

DM-makoun

DM-banega

DM-sunny

AMC-giovanni dos santos

AMC-arshavin

AMC-menez

AMC-mati fernandez(43goals in 44app last season!!)

AMC-VDV

AMC-aguero

AMC-sergio mota

FC-berba

FC-fred

Future star-sakho,saivet,wijaldum,amos,derative,dixon,perkhart,some argentitnian

now have trasfer budget of 63m..advices are welcum!!

hi, i'm in my second season with tottenham, i have a great team, yet i never seem to get any prolific Strikers, i currently have: Bojan, Christian Benitez and Andre-pierre Gigac. Bojan is good, but i would prefer to have a more experianced striker (only by a few years though) Benitez and Gignac are just not consistent enough, so any suggestions are very welcome, i'm also on patch 8.02 with about 40m to spend.

All of those helpful but Lazio want 24m for Pandev, I doubt i could bring Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Tevez and Benzema to Tottenham for under 40m icon_razz.gif

Aaritalo doesn't exist, huntelaar has been bought by A.C Milan and i can't stand Mario Gomes, but thanks anyway i'll have a look at Bianchi and Eduardo.

Originally posted by alcatel:

g.pandev, z.ibrahimovic , s.eto'o , e.adebayor , p.crouch, c.tevez, l.toni, m.zarateeduardo, r.bianchi, k.benzema, m.aaritalo, k.huntelaar & m.gomes

:ha: u r on the wind up, arent you ? how on earth would he transfer these players ?

Don't you just hate the spammers. played 2 games against them: caused me 1 short term and 4 long term injuries. I have had to bring in pekhart from the reserves to fill in for guilherme. I HATE WEST HAME!!!!!

Hello lads.

First of all, may I just say that my Tottenham hotspur Squad is near enough top class. They brush aside most competition, including some top European Clubs (I beat CSKA moscow 4-0 away from home, and beat Valencia 3-0 away form home), but seem to falter against Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and some other european clubs like Porto and Lyon.

I am currently in the year 2011, in the quarter finals of the Champions league and six points off the top of the league in third place. When i left Rangers for tottenham in 2009, I accquired an already brilliant team; which i felt neede one or two new additions. The team was:

4-2-2-2

Robinson

Vanden Borre, King, Dawson, Bale

Nocerino, Jenas

(wingers)

M. Petrov, Lennon

Berbatov, Keane

Other notable players in the squad were: Sturridge, Ze Roberto, Marko Marin and Landon Donovan

I added:

Klaas Jan huntelaar (Jun, £20M) Giles Barnes (jan, £15.5M), Shaun Maloney (Jan, £4.3M) and Capaca (free)

I won the league by three points, lost in the semi finals of the FA Cup to eventual winners portsmouth, and won the league cup against Arsenal. I was beaten by finalists Lyon in the Champions League (round of 16).

At the end of the year, Van der Vaart's contract was up, and I cheekily put in a contract offer, despite interest from Milan, Inter, Barcelona, Madrid etc, which he accepted to my surprise!

Maloney was unsettled and left for Deportivo, Lennon was wanting away so i let him go to Juve.

So i brought in Tissone, from atalanta, whose transfer had been agreed in december, but was staying at his club until the end of the season to help them avoid relegation, Fabrico Coloccini, for a paltry £11.75M after he wowed the world in the 2010 world cup, Julio Baptista, for £10.75M and Mikel Balenziaga for £2.5M.

As previously stated i'm about to play porto n the CL and i can't see my side winning over there because of injuries etc.

What is my next step?

I have yet to identify a replacement for Keane as he is getting on a bit now, and his form is horrific.

With Bale attracting interest from Spain, he could be tempted to move to la liga.

Liverpool want Berbatov, and i have rejected two bids for him, but does he want to go?

I posted the above as a seperate topic and was directed here(:

At the moment, I'm into the semi's of the CL and Man U were just crowned champions.

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azeryk-:

End of season 18:

Azeryk 1163 games, aged 34

Akinfeev 1150 games, aged 39

Bale 1042 games, aged 36

Breno 1010 games, aged 35

M.Richards, 975 games, aged 36

I have Lennon, Guardado, Akinfeev, Breno and Bale all announce they will retire in 1-season, all aged 35 and over, with all over 700-1150 career league games. Several hold national caps records.

Congrats Azeryk, I've never been past half that many seasons in any game of CM/FM.

I dont know how you do it, I start losing the will to live after a while. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a record for me as well, I think the thing keeping me going right now is seeing how long I can keep the player "Azeryk" going for, he should clear 250 International caps this summer (2026). Once he retires I'm not sure what to do - would be tempting to resign from Spurs & England, take the first jobs that get offered and see if I can take someone else to the same level of glory........ and see if the AI ruins what i built icon_razz.gif

End of season 19:

Azeryk 1230 games, aged 35

Akinfeev 1151 games, aged 40

Bale 1042 games, aged 37

Breno 1010 games, aged 36

M.Richards, 975 games, aged 37

Guardado, 870 games, aged 39

I started with tottenham, i sold berbatov ASAP, got 17 mil for him ( bought by liverpool). Sold chimbonda and zokora. Bought Huntelaar, Montolivo, Eduardo, and lots of youngsters which my scouts said were highly rated and got sent them all on season loans, along with tarabat and boateng. After 7 games, im 4th, after drawing 4-4 with chelsea and beating man united 4-3 :D

On weegie update and Berbs scored 43 goals just in League.

Team

Robbo/Costil

Chimbonda/Hutton

King/Kaboul

Woodgate/Sakho

Bale/Eduardo

Zakora/Skjelbred

Hudds/Sankhare

Guilherme/Keane

Modric/Taarabt

Jimenez/Dos Santos

Berbs/Bent

Just started as Spurs as I like them alot in real life. Expectations were continental qualification through league got £13.5 million to spend, asked for more wages and got a wage budget of £1.6 million so I can convert some of that into cash. Started with a flat back 4, 3 CMs(one with barrow to DM) An AMC with a farrow to ST and 2 strikers. I have the weegie update and the squad seems pretty good not sure where to improve really. Any ideas on where to strengthen?

I am thinking maybe another CB and a CM. Huddlesstone seems too slow how does he perform?

Latest Weegie has Gomez as well as Dos Santos and Modric. Just bought Eduardo and Guilherme and sold Ghaly.

Hudds and Woodgate and King are solid. If you pick up Sakho then in a few seasons add Breno Veloso and Zapater to squad.

Just started a game with spurs 8.0.2 Weegie update (18/07)

In

Delpierre - 3.5m

Tudor - 1.5m

Sakho - 575k

Stancu - 1.9m

Zhirkov - 6m & 20% Sell on

Out

Gardner - Free (Well booted out)

Anyone tried to offload Ghaly, Malbranque, rocha, Salteri or Zakora on the latest weegie update as they won't go anywhere its alway "basic salary not good enough" or "it will be a bad career move"

Plus the bids i receive are shockingly bad compared to value. Even when i accept them just to get them out they won't leave.

Ghaly went for £500k over 12 mths Malbranque £4.5 m from Portsmouth , Zakora is good backup at DM

500k for Ghaly? I'd be as well keeping him for that as back up to my back up. Hopefully bids for Malbranque will come in at some point. Does playing them "putting them in shop window" help during pre season? I normally let my assistant manager deal with this but if I can offload the players I don't want by playing them then so be it. Given that the players value "not what I'd necessary get" I wanted to sell would almost double my transfer budget

Cheers

Why do you want to keep Ghaly, just a drain on wages, when you can blood Wijnaldum Ayew Aquino Sankhare etc etc. I also offer 0 plus 45% sell on as you are not likely to sell these players.

Helps to play the decent players Jenas Malbranque Lennon - Everton and Portsmouth will usually make on offer before window closes.

I go for winner and then add to transfer budget from wages budget.

You are probably right about Ghaly, i will try the sell on clause to get some funds back from them.

Cheers

Who would you recommend I sell as I will be starting a new game because it was a joint game and my mate is not happy he got pumped by Galatasaray in the champs league qualifier.

I would look at a 1st season team of following and try to sell the rest. I try to play with the Spurs quality players rather than sell and buy a new team. If you can sell Dawson you can pick up Samba for £1-2m. Keep tabs on Lloris/Richards/Corluka/Breno/Banega/Veloso/Zapater/Lulinha/Jimenez/Fernandez/Vaart/Torres

Gomez/Robbo/De Gea/ Costil

Chimbonda/Hutton/Abenzoar

King/Kaboul

Woodgate/Sakho

Bale

Eduardo/Wijnaldum

Hudds/Sankhare

Guilherme/Keane/Aquino/Ayew

Modric/Taarabt/O'hara

Dos Santos/Saivet/Rose

Berbs/Bent/Acapandie

Anybody got any good tactics for Spurs please?

My team sucks and i concede goal after goal.I have a decent game and beat Liverpool but then get beat by Bolton who are bottom and thrashed 5-0 by Man City in 6th.I cant get above 9th in the league.

Heres my team

tottenhamteamgq2.th.jpg"]tottenhamteamgq2.th.jpg[/url]

Anyone still playing FM2008 with Spurs?

Looks like FM2009's going to be even easier, Spurs will have their 1st -10 PA player with Dos Santos & we dont even need to shell out for Modric, Bentley's very good in the game too & if we add Arshavin & Veloso as the rumours I'm hearing it'll be real life copying computer game.

FM09 does not have farrows or barrows so no Kimz tactics and could be a problem fitting in all those AMCs.

The weegie update has Gomez Dos Santos and Gomez so no need to sign anyone as you have a fit King and Robbo as backup plus Keane and Berbs.

Fernandez Guilherme AM/FC and Samba (for corners) will improve any team

FM09 does not have farrows or barrows so no Kimz tactics and could be a problem fitting in all those AMCs.

The weegie update has Gomez Dos Santos and Gomez so no need to sign anyone as you have a fit King and Robbo as backup plus Keane and Berbs.

Fernandez Guilherme AM/FC and Samba (for corners) will improve any team

You don't support Tottenham, right? Lol.

Just finished 6th in first season, fa cup and uefa cup semis. I've updated as much as possible for 08/09 season but started just before Bentley was brought so I did buy him from Blackburn. You do feel that there are much better players at Spurs and I only came sixth cos I drew 16 games so turn a few into wins then that's the top 4 surely. Anyway glad to read everyones games. P.S. Kimz tactics were main use and for easier game I pushed two of the amc up top to give 3 strikers.

GK Gomes

RB - Hutton/Gutner

LB - Bale/Gilberto and few games lee

CB - Kaboul (actually is very good on FM)

CB - Woodgate

King and Dawson did have handful of games

DM - O'hara

DM - Hudds and some Ukrainain

AMC BA - Modric,Jenas

AMC FA - Dos Santos

AMC/R Bentley

ST - Bent (sold Berbs for 20 mil to Milan..read it here first lol)

08/09 certainly now up and running

Hi fellow Spurs mate!

i have decided to start a new game with Spurs but before that i edited 3 players which i think are underrated in FM08. the 3 players are Jenas, Keane and Berbatov.

do you guys think i have make them TOO good? or they deserve even better stats/attributes? TBH, im not a avid spurs fans but i did watch these 3 players play for Spurs in the EPL. feedback are welcomed =)

wvhe80kfmecx0f5b0pj.png

whcoivpqsbidx4w0nxp.png

ai2tzhkv114opjov12u.png

because he went to Liverpool?

Keane has been one of the most consistent player for Spurs and even in EPL/BPL!

I was joking, course he's a quality player but there's no need to make a Liverpool player better now is there!

I'm thinking about starting up a game with Spurs as I have never been them before and have heard many people say that it is a fun challenge trying to take them to the top.

I just have a few questions:

1. How much money do you get at the start of the game for transfers? (8.01)

2. Which players should I bring into the club?

3. What are the board expectations for the season?

Any replies would be appreciated, cheers.

SAFCrhys_keanoFTM

Sorry I cant really help on points 1 or 3 as I've never started up with Tottenham. And to help on point 2, you need to inform me of what patch you're on, and whether the database is updated to include recent transfers.

jonahno6

Some nice transfers there. A couple of absolute bargains for Gokhan Inler and Steven Defour. Both perform really well, and in the future you could make great profit on Defour. The loan signing of Simpson is very good as in my experience he always performs very solidly when called upon.

Even though you only play one upfront, I would still go for another out-and-out striker if you can find one for the right price.

I think you overpayed a wee bit for Hitzlsperger, considering you dont seem to need him too much. You could have easily enough retrained Giovani dos Santos to play at AML.

And finally, I would look to cash in on Aaron Lennon, he isn't the best on FM08.

tomtuck01

Hitzlesperger was brought in too play at MC, alongside Huddlestone. Also Giovani does play at AML, but can also do a job at FC, if ever called upon. But Darren Bent seams to perform well off the bench scoring 5 goals in 7 sub appearences which is pretty good.

Also Lennon is handy off the bench running at tired defenders, which is only a good thing. But as you said, if the right offer comes in, he'll be off.

Archived