FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

Playing as Spurs at the moment, had a mixed start to the season, settling down in mid-table but just lost 4-2 away to Arsenal after 2 late goals.

Will need to push on but as long as we hit the target of a top-half finish this season which we will, I'll be happy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming into December of 2nd season. 4th at moment, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Me , Liverpool. From Liverpool to Arsenal only 10 points seperate although I'm 4 points away from them.

Have bought no one in 2nd season so far although I need more firepower up top as Sant Cruz & Bent blow hot & cold while Pavyulchenko isn't the best. Might try to bring Defoe back to WHL.

Just beat Arsenal 2-0 away with King & Woodgate scoring. They laid siege to my goal in 2nd half but Gomes is top quality in the game. Have to say it's great beating them in anything even if it is only a management sim!

Have West Ham home in QF of league cup and have drawn 2 of 2 in UEFA Cup group.

COYS!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 1st season. 5th in prem and semi final of the UEFA cup (Lost 6-2 to Roma). I've got the ADDManager 2008 transfer update, so all squads are 2008/2009.

Team at the mo is:

Gomes

Corluka, Woodgate, Samba, Bale

Pardo, Modric

Nihat, Diego, Bentley

Pavlychenko

In reserve:

Cesar, Sakho, Hutton, Mendez, Saivet, Bent, Piatti, Dos Santos (probably off to Roma tho).

I've already got Aimar coming (£15mill) and i'll look to play him on the left of the 3 ATM's, so Bentley will drop to the bench, but where else do you think i can improve.

Not sure on budget yet, but I'm hoping for about £20mill. As this is the ADDManager update, I'm not sure who'll be avaliable either.....

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

been playing a spurs game until release! into 2nd season! on an update by MR Bennett. first season finished 4th and won UEfa Cup. and now with a squad including, Aguero, Barzagli, Breno, Elano, Javi Martinez, Huntelaar and MAtias Fernandez, i am currently top and beat Arsenal 7-1 on Agg in CL Quarters :D come on!! dont suppose anyone is currently playing with spurs anymore.

• 3 months later...

Hey all, finally got a spurs game going past the frustrating first season gelling period and thought I'd share how things are going.

Approaching Christmas in my fourth season season around the Euro cup places. My record so far is 12th/7th/6th, with a UEFA cup win in season one probably saving my job. I play a very short passing, high tempo attacking game, switching to two up front for a few games when things start getting stale.

I originally saw this as a fluid tactic that would enable a strong centre forward to bang away 30 goals a season, but it hasn't worked out that way. The only striker that's been really successful goals wise is Defoe averaging around 12-15 a season, often from the bench or in cup runs. Goals come form all over the team, but rarely from upfront.

Current lineup looks like this:

GK: GOMES

RB: RAFINHA CB: WOODGATE CB: N'KOULOU LB: BALE

MC: PALACIOS MC: HUDDLESTONE MC: MODRIC(VC)

AMC: OSVALDO AMC: RONALDINHO

FC: ADRIANO

Subs: Fabianski, Taylor, Bradley, Whitehead, P.Herrera, Keane©, J.Verdue

Notable squad players: E.Insua, A.Taraabt, J.Defoe

Verdue and Keane had been first choice AMCs until this season, with Verdue in particular banging in the goals from range and free kicks.

Club is currently very financially stable with a balance of around £55m and plenty of transfer budget left. i actually don't plan to spend that much as I've accumulated a lot of promising youngsters over the seasons who will need to start having first team chances soon.

My problem is this, Modric has been targeted by bigger clubs sine day one, and has been looking to move for almost as long. I just let it go as he he is contracted until 2014 and didn't seem to suffer much form wise. As I'm coming up to the start of 2013 I've been offering him big new contracts to tie him down and protect his transfer value, but he refuses to sign. In a fit of desperation I offered him my maximum available, (110k + 20k per app)and he still won't sign.

Bearing in mind hes been one of my best players so far and is settled into the team, should i get rid? Alternatively, does anyone know how I can "persuade" him to put pen to paper?

Hey all, finally got a spurs game going past the frustrating first season gelling period and thought I'd share how things are going.

Approaching Christmas in my fourth season season around the Euro cup places. My record so far is 12th/7th/6th, with a UEFA cup win in season one probably saving my job. I play a very short passing, high tempo attacking game, switching to two up front for a few games when things start getting stale.

I originally saw this as a fluid tactic that would enable a strong centre forward to bang away 30 goals a season, but it hasn't worked out that way. The only striker that's been really successful goals wise is Defoe averaging around 12-15 a season, often from the bench or in cup runs. Goals come form all over the team, but rarely from upfront.

Current lineup looks like this:

GK: GOMES

RB: RAFINHA CB: WOODGATE CB: N'KOULOU LB: BALE

MC: PALACIOS MC: HUDDLESTONE MC: MODRIC(VC)

AMC: OSVALDO AMC: RONALDINHO

FC: ADRIANO

Subs: Fabianski, Taylor, Bradley, Whitehead, P.Herrera, Keane©, J.Verdue

Notable squad players: E.Insua, A.Taraabt, J.Defoe

Verdue and Keane had been first choice AMCs until this season, with Verdue in particular banging in the goals from range and free kicks.

Club is currently very financially stable with a balance of around £55m and plenty of transfer budget left. i actually don't plan to spend that much as I've accumulated a lot of promising youngsters over the seasons who will need to start having first team chances soon.

My problem is this, Modric has been targeted by bigger clubs sine day one, and has been looking to move for almost as long. I just let it go as he he is contracted until 2014 and didn't seem to suffer much form wise. As I'm coming up to the start of 2013 I've been offering him big new contracts to tie him down and protect his transfer value, but he refuses to sign. In a fit of desperation I offered him my maximum available, (110k + 20k per app)and he still won't sign.

Bearing in mind hes been one of my best players so far and is settled into the team, should i get rid? Alternatively, does anyone know how I can "persuade" him to put pen to paper?

Hey mate, which game are you playing as you mention gelling?

This is the FM08 Spurs thread the FM09 one can be found here -

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57708

Oh and before I forget "Welcome to the forums".

Archived